Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Technology and Internet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Technology and Internet Emerging and current tech related issues. Internet, DRM, IP, and other technology related discussions.

Old 08-15-2013, 1:01 PM

Default Free copy of Battlefield 3 for PC

I have 1 redemption code for Battlefield 3 for PC. I already own the game, so I don't need it. Anyone want it?
Old 08-15-2013, 1:10 PM
Calguns Addict

sure, I'll take it. Don't know if I have the reaction time any more for an FPS. But if no one more l33t calls it, I'll take it.
...but their exists also in the human heart a depraved taste for equality, which impels the weak to attempt to lower the powerful to their own level, and reduces men to prefer equality in slavery to inequality with freedom.
Old 08-15-2013, 1:18 PM

done. pm sent
Old 08-15-2013, 1:21 PM
Veteran Member

GET SOME PEWPEWPEW
Old 08-16-2013, 7:33 AM
Calguns Addict

You know you are getting older when it takes you six tries to figure out why the game isn't playing when you hit play.. this damned website keeps coming up instead. Finally figured it out but still.. LOL.

Click Play.. web page.. click play.. webpage.. WTF?!?! Click play.. webpage.. ARGH!
...but their exists also in the human heart a depraved taste for equality, which impels the weak to attempt to lower the powerful to their own level, and reduces men to prefer equality in slavery to inequality with freedom.
Old 08-16-2013, 7:41 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaty-btz View Post
You know you are getting older when it takes you six tries to figure out why the game isn't playing when you hit play.. this damned website keeps coming up instead. Finally figured it out but still.. LOL.

Click Play.. web page.. click play.. webpage.. WTF?!?! Click play.. webpage.. ARGH!
No, that's got less to do with getting older and more to do with EA being freakin' dumb about how they implemented the server browser and what would have been the main menu in any other game made in the past 10 years.

Just consider it a throwback to gamespy 3d and playing games like quake.
Old 08-16-2013, 7:58 AM
Calguns Addict

Heh, I never used gamespy. I am an old school FPSer. I played Quake on release day on a T3. I was one of those LowPingBastards axe killing everyone. I love Unreal Tournament's setup, built in game browser.

Where is the flackgun smiely. FLAK MONKEY...

I miss those days. Does this game use assistive aiming because it is ridiculously easy to hit people? I did a quick multiplayer and even without any of my twitch skills and still killed people. Sheesh. I felt like my gun was being guided to them. Oh well going to go back to single player to get my mojo back. I want to be hundreds of kills ahead of anyone else on the level like I used to be.

Man still remember my clan battles in Quake one against WuTang on my Pentium Pro. Good times.
Old 08-16-2013, 8:04 AM
Veteran Member

Is there a Mac version? Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappy View Post
You don't like homosexuality, don't let some dude stick his tab A into your slot B.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko45
But then again I think of the mayors nephew, his face distored with tears and terror, the GAP employees who asked for my autograph, and had to settle for a cover identity’s signature, the flashbangs, and their acrid scent, the small of napalm in the evening breeze, as I crouch behind a shopping cart in the parking lot,
Old 08-16-2013, 8:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaty-btz View Post
Does this game use assistive aiming because it is ridiculously easy to hit people? I did a quick multiplayer and even without any of my twitch skills and still killed people. Sheesh. I felt like my gun was being guided to them. Oh well going to go back to single player to get my mojo back. I want to be hundreds of kills ahead of anyone else on the level like I used to be.
There are tons of new noobies in the past couple days because of this deal https://www.humblebundle.com/

8 games for less than $5

And yes I hate that you have to run the game from that stupid website! It's so buggy and never remembers my filter settings for the servers!
Old 08-16-2013, 8:14 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshnasi View Post
Is there a Mac version? Lol.
hehe
Old 08-16-2013, 10:05 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I have a copy of Half-Life 2 and the first episode for it as Steam gifts, if anyone wants. Everyone I know already has both.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc1138 View Post
No, that's got less to do with getting older and more to do with EA being freakin' dumb about how they implemented the server browser and what would have been the main menu in any other game made in the past 10 years.

Just consider it a throwback to gamespy 3d and playing games like quake.
EA has killed the BF franchise all together. The only FPS choices for PC gaming now days is a dumbed down console COD, or a dumb down BF imitating COD
Old 08-16-2013, 11:24 AM

i have one code for BF3 up for grabs as well. also have one for mirrors edge and dead space 1. damn steam sales and humble bundle overlap Q_Q
Old 08-16-2013, 2:10 PM
Calguns Addict

I have decided I lack skillz. The best I can hope for is on a good day for me when I have more awareness to do pretty good if I hook back up my Nostromo and MS Large Trackball Mouse. Then I can do 360 spins, diagonal juking, and the ever popular Nostromo Scripted Pwnage. Like 180 shoot 180 continue running. Even then, I just can't keep track of things in the game and have a lot of trouble picking out targets from the background.

Still fun. Curse you brain.. WTB old me back.
Old 08-19-2013, 4:38 PM
Calguns Addict

Uggh, PUGs for co-op are beyond bad. Even for this low-speed high-drag type. Serious, I think CS Kiddies were not this bad.