Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated > Semiauto Rifles Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Semiauto Rifles Gallery Post pictures of your rifles and carbines here!

Old 09-05-2012, 3:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingerale View Post
I started my career ( mechanical engineer ) in defense working on digital NV stuff. If you guys get excited over a PVS-14, just wait another 10 years. I'm guessing that's how long it'll take to get to the civilian market. Then again, it's been many years since I left that company, I wonder if the Army ever did find a replacement for the gen IIIs.
Depending on what exactly you are hinting at, digital night vision came to the civilian market 6 years ago, here is a selection of twenty or so from an online retailer http://www.opticsplanet.com/digital-...s-viewers.html
These units use CCD's instead of intesifier tubes, and boast an indefinite life span, versus the tubes which had 2k to 20k hour life spans, Gen 1 to Gen 3 or 3+.

If you really want to cook your noodle, google "hyperspectral imaging" or "hyperspectral imager". These are part of what turned a $20million Blackhawk helicopter into a $60million Blackhawk helicopter during the raid to get bin laden.
Old 09-05-2012, 4:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reconsnake View Post
Depending on what exactly you are hinting at, digital night vision came to the civilian market 6 years ago, here is a selection of twenty or so from an online retailer http://www.opticsplanet.com/digital-...s-viewers.html
These units use CCD's instead of intesifier tubes, and boast an indefinite life span, versus the tubes which had 2k to 20k hour life spans, Gen 1 to Gen 3 or 3+.

If you really want to cook your noodle, google "hyperspectral imaging" or "hyperspectral imager". These are part of what turned a $20million Blackhawk helicopter into a $60million Blackhawk helicopter during the raid to get bin laden.
thanks for the tip on hyperspectral imaging, pretty cool tech.

But I was hinting DENVG or ENVG(D).
Old 10-06-2012, 6:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technique View Post

On the flip side of the coin, NV capability is a force multiplier. It's a leg up on most people. Am I gonna slap these puppies on during a home invasion? Heck no. That's not realistic.

Natural disaster. You ain't looting ****, peek-a-boo, I see you!!!
This. More practical than a safe full of rifles and pistols. I thinned the herd. It wasn't really practical to have 2 Sigs, a CZ, Glock, 2 ARs, etc. thinned the herd down to an AR and the Glock.

Last edited by Caeser2001; 10-06-2012 at 6:52 PM..
Old 10-06-2012, 8:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badicedog View Post
Crye Precision Armor Shell
MSA warrior Helmet w/ Norotos NV mount
HK 416 (yes, semi auto!)
Night Vision Monocle

I hate you.

So. Much.

Old 10-07-2012, 4:43 PM

I have a question: those PAQ-14, PEQ-14/15, DBAL laser modules, do they produce a laser can you visibly see with the naked eye, or do you need to be looking through some sort of NV?
Old 10-07-2012, 4:52 PM
I need a LIFE!!

All of these units have both the visible and IR laser modules -

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvash View Post
I have a question: those PAQ-14, PEQ-14/15, DBAL laser modules, do they produce a laser can you visibly see with the naked eye, or do you need to be looking through some sort of NV?