Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Atlantic Firearms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Atlantic Firearms Hosted by AtlanticFirearms.com

Old 10-17-2016, 8:35 PM

Exclamation Credit card info stolen

Me and a friend purchased ak receivers from atlantic firearms and both of our credit cards info got stolen. They tried to buy over $2000 worth of things from differnt places luckily it was all declined.
I dont know if the site got hacked or they sold the info but im 99% percent sure it is connected with Atlantic Firearms.
Just giving you guys a heads up.

Last edited by BOOST3D; 10-18-2016 at 10:32 AM..
Old 10-20-2016, 9:44 PM

Me too. Not used the card in a long time, last charge was here. Within 2-3 weeks charges for 1-25 bucks started showing up. Bank called me and cancelled the card, they intercepted it fast and recognized they were fraud.
Old 10-20-2016, 10:30 PM

Mine was hit yesterday. Also bought from AF within the last 3 weeks. Maybe a coincidence though because I used this card everywhere.
Old 10-20-2016, 10:35 PM
Banned

is Atlantic going to look into this?
Old 10-21-2016, 3:56 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Boots, thanks for letting us know could you please email sales@atlanticfirearms.com with both of your names so we can look at the timeline on the orders etc . We run up to date PCI complaint security on our credit card processing and do not store or save any credit card info . We take security very seriously and will have our IT guy start to check this out today. Thank You for contacting us about this !
Old 10-21-2016, 4:43 AM
Village idiot
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOST3D View Post
I dont know if the site got hacked or they sold the info but im 99% percent sure it is connected with Atlantic Firearms.
Just giving you guys a heads up.
Atlantic firearms has always been giving a helping hand to CA, so I doubt they would sell the info.

I can see them getting hacked, but I doubt they are deceiving their customers and selling private info.
Old 10-21-2016, 5:11 AM
In Memoriam

Significantly easier and more common for counter register clerk to steal, use info...
Also phone sales

ESCAPE IF YOU CAN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

"The Second Amendment ex-tends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding." - The United States Supreme Court -
Old 10-21-2016, 5:47 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

In the last two months we've had our debit card and then a Chevron card compromised. Easy way to prevent both, require the three digit code on the back of the card for every transaction and two put a damn lock on your stupid gas pumps so no one can install a skimmer.
Old 10-21-2016, 8:37 AM
Vendor/Retailer

We do not sell credit card info

We do require a 3 digit Code

We do require( AVS ) Address verification so the address must match the card or it will be declined.

We do not store or keep credit cards on file for customers

We do not take any phone orders so all credit card info is kept in the customers hands

There are only 2 people here that have access to the credit card processing that is the CEO and our Operations manager .So no other lower level employees could compromise this system.

There are a few other Electronic measures we take but do not want to disclose as it would tip off possible scammers.

While Nothing in life is fool proof we are very serious about security .
Old 10-22-2016, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantic Firearms View Post
Boots, thanks for letting us know could you please email sales@atlanticfirearms.com with both of your names so we can look at the timeline on the orders etc . We run up to date PCI complaint security on our credit card processing and do not store or save any credit card info . We take security very seriously and will have our IT guy start to check this out today. Thank You for contacting us about this !
Sent you guys an email with the info
Old 10-22-2016, 5:08 AM
Vendor/Retailer

BOOST3D, Thanks for the info we will check it out , Here is a bit more info

We use 128 Bit Encryption to pass information from our clients to our website.

The credit card encryption is embedded in all major browsers and devices and are trusted by 99.9% of the Internet population.

We do not store any credit cards ever, so internal data breaches are next to impossible.

Our merchant processor:
Is in compliance with the latest PCI Data Security Standards (PCI-DSS). Their processing solutions are designed to prevent payment card data compromises and offer peace of mind with electronic transaction processing.

Since we do not keep credit card numbers, No refunds or transactions are even done through the website only an encrypted info is transmitted when processing.
Old 10-22-2016, 4:30 PM

I've made a few purchases in the last couple of months from Atlantic on two cards i don't use and they both are now compromised. It's not their fault it's the times we live in. The card companies said they are seeing a huge uptick in fraud cases right now.
Beretta 92FS
Wildey Survivor 45 Win Mag
S&W 586 357 Mag
Mosin 91/30 1939 Tula
Russian SKS 1950 Tula
Old 10-23-2016, 1:05 AM

My capital one card got hit on the 20th but never used with Atlantic for purchases so I think it could be a data breach elsewhere. Lucky they contacted me right away because someone got declined twice trying to get bus tickets as well as clothing online.
Old 10-23-2016, 7:24 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Our company has several company cards and we have had 5 of them compromised in the last year and these are not used on E Commerce sites. We have also seen a uptick in attempted fraudulent card usage this year and see 6- 10 declined orders a day that appear to be scammers. The early part of this week we plan on a system wide review with our Encrypted processors to double check the system. We appreciate everybody's valuable input .
Old 10-23-2016, 12:27 PM

Just got a call from my bank this morning 10/23/2016 and I got hit with fraudulent activity on 10/22/2016. I did make a Layaway payment to Atlantic on Oct. 20 with the same card that got compromised. I don't plan on paying the remaining balance with another card on your website and I hope to I can complete payment of my firearm a different way. Atlantic please note also that login/register link and layaway payment pages are not "https" secure requests by default. An end user on your site has to put in "https" manually to make the transaction secure which to some folks won't notice. This should be fixed on your immediately.
Old 10-23-2016, 12:41 PM
Vendor/Retailer

RodVelas , Please email sales@atlanticfirearms.com with all of your contact info so we can touch base with you to help on Monday.
Old 10-25-2016, 7:11 AM

I too made a purchase with Atlantic on 10/22/16 and had some unauthorized use of my card overnight. Woke up with about 15 attempted (and thankfully declined) transactions.
Old 10-25-2016, 10:55 AM

Purchase made on 10/18/16 with Atlantic...Just got email notifications from my credit card company this morning (10/25) of 2 fraudulent transactions. Also since yesterday I've not been able to open Atlantic Firearms webpage, anyone else having this issue?
Old 10-25-2016, 11:22 AM

I also got a bunch of fraudulent charges this morning on my CC. My bank reversed them and are sending me a new card.
Old 10-25-2016, 12:31 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Our Atlantic Company card got hit this morning for 5,300 bucks from some Chinese company and we do not use our credit card online .All of our transactions are done via phone . The credit card company said there had been a huge influx in stolen card activity in the last 2 -3 weeks .
Old 10-25-2016, 12:40 PM
Ordo Militaris Templi
CGN Contributor

Yikes, hope you guys figure this out. I can imagine the upcoming holiday season will see an even bigger surge in hacked CCs.

In America, freedom and justice have always come from the ballot box, the jury box, and when that fails, the cartridge box.
Steve Symms, ex-U.S. Senator, Idaho

Old 10-25-2016, 1:10 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Apparently this is not isolated to Atlantic and a widespread issue of credit card info being compromised and it looks like it is probably on a recent data breach from the Credit card issuers . You can check out this thread below .

Credit Card Info Breach Link
Old 10-25-2016, 1:34 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

My bank said there has been an increase of fraudulent activity. My card was compromised (not at Atlantic) as well so I would definitely not hold it against the merchant.
Old 10-25-2016, 3:23 PM
Veteran Member

The last order I placed at Atlantic on 10/18, and I got notice this morning from my credit card company that there was suspicious activity. I logged in and there were several charges that added up to $29.03, small amounts to pay for something at Inns/Hotels, one was Caesar Palace, and another was for 41 cents for CHI Tax. Whoever got it didn't accomplish much luckily. I sent Atlantic my information, but who knows if this is from their website or something else.
Old 10-25-2016, 3:43 PM

same thing happened to me today too, only thing I've used my card on in the last 3 months was my vepr. luckily fraud protection caught it and declined all charges. With that being said Atlantic sent out the vepr faster than expected and just got her out of jail.
Old 10-25-2016, 5:04 PM
Vendor/Retailer

If you caught last weeks news major web sites and banks were attacked by the Chinese . This looks like some sort of Cyber breach and not specifically a Web site specific deal.
Old 10-25-2016, 8:16 PM

Quote:
If you caught last weeks news major web sites and banks were attacked by the Chinese . This looks like some sort of Cyber breach and not specifically a Web site specific deal.

Now that starts sound like b*^s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-26-2016, 12:43 AM

Default Same here...

I purchased from Atlantic Firearms on 10/23/2016 and my credit card got compromised. I almost never use that card. Not blaming just saying this may be a sign for someone to look into it...
Old 10-26-2016, 2:53 AM
Vendor/Retailer

matt , Thank you for touching base with us about this we have our tech guys actively monitoring the site and looking for any malware etc but at this time not found anything. As stated before there seems to be a widespread outbreak of this going on at this time at other sites and even our card was hit and we do not use it on web sites. We will continue to work with our Web admin and credit card processors to strengthen security .
Old 10-26-2016, 8:46 AM

What category of SAQ does Atlantic Firearms fall under for PCI?
Old 10-26-2016, 9:20 AM

Quote:
matt , Thank you for touching base with us about this we have our tech guys actively monitoring the site and looking for any malware etc but at this time not found anything. As stated before there seems to be a widespread outbreak of this going on at this time at other sites and even our card was hit and we do not use it on web sites. We will continue to work with our Web admin and credit card processors to strengthen security .
My credit card information was also stolen via Atlantic Firearms website. I have 2 different cards that I used to make purchases. One of which was back in September and another which was about a month later. Both of those cards were compromised with international charges. One of these cards is rarely used the other was never used anywhere but the Atlantic Firearms website. Upon further research of the charges and talking with my bank I was able to tie the two together. I did a google search for A.F. credit card theft and came across this thread.

Obviously, whoever is responding to these threads - it's not your fault and I know you are working with your team to maintain security. It just makes me feel very uneasy to complete another transaction where information can be so easily stolen.
Old 10-26-2016, 6:31 PM

Just found out that my card was also stolen after Atlantic online purchase.. I use it for recurring gym payments and one Atlantic purchase. ****!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Old 10-26-2016, 7:30 PM

The two credit cards I used this month at Atlantic Firearms were also stolen.
But I would point the finger at the CC processing company eProcessingNetwork.com then at Atlantic Firearms.

I love the Polish WBP BTW.
Old 10-26-2016, 9:13 PM

I too have had my credit card stolen too. Barely used it for online purchases at well. Definitely nothing to do with Atlantic so don't point at them. There is a security breach somewhere
Old 10-26-2016, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock3ralex View Post
I too have had my credit card stolen too. Barely used it for online purchases at well. Definitely nothing to do with Atlantic so don't point at them. There is a security breach somewhere
Yeah right. Mine and others got stolen directly after using Atlantic.

It's either them or their payment processor. Either way, Atlantic has to figure this out. Absolutely unacceptable.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Old 10-26-2016, 11:27 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Huh, I suppose it's luck I stumbled upon this thread. Chase fraud services froze my card at 1:42am on 10/25/2016. They noticed 5 charges within a 20 minute time span and all of them had some incorrect info associated with them.

I was really going nuts trying to figure this out because the only other thing I ever use that card for is PayPal.

My last Atlantic order was 7/22/2016 and was processed by eProcessingNetwork.com. Sounds like you guys need to get a new credit card processor.
Old 10-27-2016, 6:21 AM
Veteran Member

Well my other card that I used on Atlantic got swiped today for $19.95 to some random company I've never heard of. So my order on 10/13 using one card and my other order on 10/18 using a different card both eventually got stolen. It's the only website where I used both cards within this month. The credit card processor had better investigate well what happened.
Old 10-27-2016, 7:25 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I know everyone is upset but go easy on Atlantic, they're still one of the few vendors that wholeheartedly supports us, and has refused to gouge us, even as we're being pummeled by the long swift dick of the law. The fact that they're even actively replying in this thread speaks volumes about their company.

**** happens. :-(
Old 10-27-2016, 7:49 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Since customers have contacted late last week about their concerns we have increased HTTPS on many of the pages . We have 1 programmer scanning all of the code and hired 2 Different firms to search for vulnerabilitys in the system . We have also contacted our Credit card processor and their team is currently involved in running scans on our system as well as the down stream Encrypted Communications they have going on. As stated before it is odd that we are seeing a wide spread issue like this among multiple Vendors in the same Firearms / Accessories field . Rest assured we will leave no stone un turned in trying to track the issue down our pit bulls are on it now.
Old 10-27-2016, 7:58 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgz View Post
I know everyone is upset but go easy on Atlantic, they're still one of the few vendors that wholeheartedly supports us, and has refused to gouge us, even as we're being pummeled by the long swift dick of the law. The fact that they're even actively replying in this thread speaks volumes about their company.

**** happens. :-(
This is true. It's not anyone's fault other than the scum who are stealing. It's not something to get mad at Atlantic. I looked on Akfiles and some people were ripping into Apex for this same issue, but these things will continue to happen no matter how much security is put in place. All you can do is slow them down, you can't stop them.