Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Technology and Internet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Technology and Internet Emerging and current tech related issues. Internet, DRM, IP, and other technology related discussions.

Old 01-02-2013, 9:24 AM

Default eBay keeps removing my listing. Where can I sell AR stuff?

Besides Gunbroker.com
I had it listed for 3 days and got no action.
I'll go back there if I must but would rather not.

I'm trying to sell some hi cap mags and am getting flagged and removed from eBay. (3 times in 24 hours)
Anyone know of some friendlier auction sites that people actually look at?
No, I'm not gonna sell it on CalGuns. I'll be bombarded with Pm's to trade for garbage or sell for $6.
Thanks.
Old 01-02-2013, 9:32 AM
Calguns Addict

Well, good luck. I was going to recommend just posting it on Calguns. I never sell on eBay anymore. I'd rather keep the 10% cut they take.

I sell everything (firearms and non-firearms related) on forums and/or craigslist.

Distinguished Rifleman #1924
NRA Certified Instructor (Rifle and Metallic Cartridge Reloading) and RSO
NRL22 Match Director at WEGC

https://www.ocabj.net
Old 01-02-2013, 9:36 AM

Sell them here, I'm sure they'll sell. Just make sure to put in your post, " no trades, and no offers, price is firm" and ignore pm's with trades. But if you have cheaper than dirt prices, you won't get your stuff sold on here, unless a supernoob finds it.
Old 01-02-2013, 9:49 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

gunauction (formerly auctionarms) is another alternative.

have you considered that maybe your starting asking price is too high hence no action?
Old 01-02-2013, 9:53 AM

eBay has something about 10+ capacity mags correct? If so that is your problem.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:49 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Go old school
Wear a sign and walk around the next Gun Show

XYZ rebuild kit $Xxx

Based upon the thread from the Vegas show you should have no issues selling all sorts of stuff

Feb 9-10 in ventura maybe

Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
(thanks to Jeff Cooper)
Old 01-02-2013, 10:58 AM

Thanks guys.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:59 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I played this game with the tards at Fleabay a long time ago.

I won. I have my Krinker Plinker parts kit for a 10/22 cancelled repeatedly (7 times) because I MENTIONED the name Krinkrov (because that is what a krinker plinker is, it is parts from a krinkov that make your 10/22 look like a krinkov). Finally I figured it out.

I relisted the same photos, maybe even MORE of them, and changed the description to say that it was parts from a famous centerfire rifle that you can put onto a ruger 10/22 and change the looks.

Problem solved, I sold the kit for $375 after shipping. Reword your ad and substitute other names for certain rifles or go elsewhere and stop *****ing.

You can not argue with the Tards at Fleabay, even though you are NOT selling an assault rifle, they will call it that because they are 100% full RETARD... And there is no recovering from that.

Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...

And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...
Old 01-02-2013, 11:08 AM

i listed SKS/AK cleaning kits on ebay,and they removed my ad because of banned weapons. i sold them on russian-mosin forum no problem.

Last edited by billmaykafer; 01-02-2013 at 11:08 AM.. Reason: speling
Old 01-02-2013, 11:19 AM
Calguns Addict

Will you take $6?

How about a trade for some garbage?
Old 01-02-2013, 11:31 AM

Just in case anyone is interested here is the email info:

"Unfortunately, we had to remove your listing because of the following:
You listed an accessory for a firearm that is considered an assault weapon. These items are removed due to the complex and varied regulations governing their sale. Something that is legal in one jurisdiction may be illegal in another. To prevent members from inadvertently violating a firearms law, we have banned listings for all parts and accessories related to assault weapons. If these items are universally compatible, or if they are compatible with other non-assault weapons, you are welcome to relist. Please avoid the mention of any assault weapon models though." - I did that and still got flagged and removed. @Stilly, I'm not "*****ing", just providing information.

"Because of various laws and regulations on the sale of assault weapons and parts and accessories for assault weapons, we don't allow selling these items on eBay.
But you can list accessories that would fit a variety of different weapons, such as scopes, sites, and shoulder straps. If you do sell these items, you can't mention assault weapons in your listing.
Keep in mind that any listing for an item that's described as a part or an accessory for an assault weapon will be removed. Even if an item doesn't attach to an assault weapon, you still can't list it on eBay"

"Dear rudycakes,

This listing has been reported to Ebay's investigation department for sale of prohibited firearm accessories. You must obtain proof of military or law enforcement from Any bidder before entertaining an offer of sale.

- madcroc23" -guy that reported me

"160948890195 - Lot of used AR15 Magazines: 12 USGI + Surefire 60 Model

Unfortunately, we had to remove your listing because of the following:
Your listing was for a firearm magazine which holds more than 10 rounds. We do not allow the sale of magazines which hold more than 10 rounds due to various state laws and regulations. We also do not allow the listing of assault weapon parts, such as for the AR15, M16, AK47, etc.
We understand that you may not have been aware of this policy. We ask that you please do not relist this item or your account may be suspended.
Magazines with a capacity of 10 rounds or less may be listed. However, the capacity must be stated in the item description, or clearly visible within the images used in the listing. If there are contradicting terms (i.e. 10 rounds or less is stated, but the image shows 15) these listings may also be removed.
eBay prohibits the sale of magazines that accept more than 10 rounds, typically referred to as "high capacity" magazines. These items may not be sold, regardless of how they are described in the listing."
Old 01-02-2013, 11:36 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by berto View Post
Will you take $6?

How about a trade for some garbage?

There should be a permanent thread for all the silly offers we get trying to sell on CalGuns. True story: I listed a Browning Safari II BAR in 300 Win Mag with 2 stocks and rings included + 80 rounds of E-tips. I was offered a trade for 3 pocket knives and a different offer of a Remington 770 with no scope or rings.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyCakes View Post

You listed an accessory for a firearm that is considered an assault weapon. These items are removed due to the complex and varied regulations governing their sale. Something that is legal in one jurisdiction may be illegal in another. To prevent members from inadvertently violating a firearms law, we have banned listings for all parts and accessories related to assault weapons. If these items are universally compatible, or if they are compatible with other non-assault weapons, you are welcome to relist. Please avoid the mention of any assault weapon models though." - I did that and still got flagged and removed. @Stilly, I'm not "*****ing", just providing information.

"Because of various laws and regulations on the sale of assault weapons and parts and accessories for assault weapons, we don't allow selling these items on eBay.
But you can list accessories that would fit a variety of different weapons, such as scopes, sites, and shoulder straps. If you do sell these items, you can't mention assault weapons in your listing.
Keep in mind that any listing for an item that's described as a part or an accessory for an assault weapon will be removed. Even if an item doesn't attach to an assault weapon, you still can't list it on eBay"

"Dear rudycakes,

This listing has been reported to Ebay's investigation department for sale of prohibited firearm accessories. You must obtain proof of military or law enforcement from Any bidder before entertaining an offer of sale.

Your listing was for a firearm magazine which holds more than 10 rounds. We do not allow the sale of magazines which hold more than 10 rounds due to various state laws and regulations. We also do not allow the listing of assault weapon parts, such as for the AR15, M16, AK47, etc.
We understand that you may not have been aware of this policy. We ask that you please do not relist this item or your account may be suspended.
Magazines with a capacity of 10 rounds or less may be listed. However, the capacity must be stated in the item description, or clearly visible within the images used in the listing. If there are contradicting terms (i.e. 10 rounds or less is stated, but the image shows 15) these listings may also be removed.
eBay prohibits the sale of magazines that accept more than 10 rounds, typically referred to as "high capacity" magazines. These items may not be sold, regardless of how they are described in the listing."
Dollars to doughnuts the madcroc guy that reported youre auction is selling the same or similiar gear. I tried with the pmags and it didnt go well.
I just gave up. My neighbor kept relisting and well, it went worse for him. They locked up his ebay account, locked down his paypal and froze ALL the funds in his paypal. Most of which had nothing to do with ebay or gun related (horse saddles and tack).. He also recieved some form of email alluding to ebay contacting local LE in regards to the items...(pmags, surefire kits and a beta c drum kit)..Theyre based in San Jose, so who knows..it wont go anywhere but ebays made their anti views more than obvious.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMTluvr View Post
Dollars to doughnuts the madcroc guy that reported youre auction is selling the same or similiar gear. I tried with the pmags and it didnt go well.
I just gave up. My neighbor kept relisting and well, it went worse for him. They locked up his ebay account, locked down his paypal and froze ALL the funds in his paypal. Most of which had nothing to do with ebay or gun related (horse saddles and tack).. He also recieved some form of email alluding to ebay contacting local LE in regards to the items...(pmags, surefire kits and a beta c drum kit)..Theyre based in San Jose, so who knows..it wont go anywhere but ebays made their anti views more than obvious.
That's why I don't want to push my luck and post again. There are some listing that have been up for days and are not getting hassled (or they'd have been removed) and they clearly use AR15 and Hi Cap in their description and title. I'm baffled as to why I'm getting removed and they're not.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:04 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Besides Gunbroker.com
No, I'm not gonna sell it on CalGuns. I'll be bombarded with Pm's to trade for garbage or sell for $6.
Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by high_revs View Post
have you considered that maybe your starting asking price is too high hence no action?
Yeah, if you already listed with no action in the current inflated market, that's a pretty good sign you're asking way too much.

Market determines price. A different venue probably won't change that.

I'll give you $7 + 1 swiss army knife per mag.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:22 PM

Quote:
That's why I don't want to push my luck and post again. There are some listing that have been up for days and are not getting hassled (or they'd have been removed) and they clearly use AR15 and Hi Cap in their description and title. I'm baffled as to why I'm getting removed and they're not.
Their probably the mental midgets going around flagging everybody elses auctions...Its like the craigslist section of ebay lately....Also noting they are seemingly constantly working to remove them. I put about 30 auctions on my watch list 2 days ago, about 6 are left. the rest are now "invalid item numbers"..
This whole anti gun thing is getting really old..But , its the game they play..
Old 01-02-2013, 12:32 PM

I stopped wasting time selling anything on ebay ages ago. Their fees are way too much and they are anti gun period. I sell anything and everything right here on calguns. Just put in bold the terms of your sale and everything will be fine. I have never had a problem with the calguns sales community. Lots of great people here. If people lowball you or whatever just ignore them. If you put a bold post of your terms up first before anything else that is enough to keep most of those types away.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:34 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Besides Gunbroker.com

I'm trying to sell some hi cap mags and am getting flagged and removed from eBay. (3 times in 24 hours)
Thanks.
I am 100% sure that you mean you are trying to sell some hi cap REBUILD KITS.
If you, in California, offered up for sale any large capacity magazine, it could bring felony charges your way.

32310. Except as provided in Article 2 (commencing with Section 32400) of this chapter and in Chapter 1 (commencing with Section 17700) of Division 2 of Title 2, commencing January 1, 2000, any person in this state who manufactures or causes to be manufactured, imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or exposes for sale, or who gives, or lends, any large-capacity magazine is punishable by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year or imprisonment pursuant to subdivision (h) of Section 1170.

UPDATE: This does not apply to anyone holding the proper permits and having an FFL.

If you haven't seen it with your own eyes,
or heard it with your own ears,
don't make it up with your small mind,
or spread it with your big mouth.

Last edited by Decoligny; 01-02-2013 at 12:50 PM..
Old 01-02-2013, 12:35 PM

You can also ask all of your friends, and go to local gun shops. Lots of the time I can get stuff sold just by asking friends and never have to put anything online.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:37 PM

ebay police do not work on weekends. Find a 3 day weekend and list it on 6pm that Friday.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:38 PM

ebay police do not work on weekends. Find a 3 day weekend and list it on 6pm that Friday.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrMike View Post
Yeah, if you already listed with no action in the current inflated market, that's a pretty good sign you're asking way too much.

Market determines price. A different venue probably won't change that.

I'll give you $7 + 1 swiss army knife per mag.
It was a dozen USGI mags and a Surefire 60 rd Mag starting at $250.
I'm well aware of market dynamics and understand your assumptions but I don't see that as entirely outrageous.
Throw in a can of old dog food (I'm a serious prepper) and you got yourself a deal!
(Kidding. Don't try to sue me for breach of contract.)
Old 01-02-2013, 12:51 PM

I'd say Craigslist but even they've gone nazi on anything gun related lately.

eBay and gunbroker I'd avoid, but ESP eBay.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:52 PM

I've had listing up for a year and they just started pulling them. Seems anything with the word "Pmag" gets pulled. According to them Pmags are only used in "assault weapons"...

Even limiters used in Pmags, which can be used in AR's are not allowed...What idiots. Their shareholders need to wake up and see how much money this is costing them.

Here is one of their replies:

You recently listed the following listing:

320621891619 - 3 Magazine Blocks for Magpul Pmag and USGI magazines
320689342269 - 3 Magazine Blocks for Magpul Pmag 20 round magazines

Parts and accessories for known assault weapons are not permitted to be listed on ebay. PMAG items are made specifically for assault classified weapons and should not be listed. Although the limiter is intended to bring the capacity lower, because PMAG items are intended for assault weapons, these items would not be permitted. It would be best to not relist this item. We know that you may not have been aware of this policy and this notice is simply to ensure you are aware of it in the future. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation
Because of various laws and regulations on the sale of assault weapons and parts and accessories for assault weapons, we don't allow selling these items on eBay.
Old 01-02-2013, 1:02 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AR-10-20rd-M...item3ccdbe873f

and the guy that reported you has a 20 round mag listed....
Old 01-02-2013, 1:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Sprig View Post

I think we should all have a reporting party on madcroc's auctions.. I started it.
Old 01-02-2013, 1:08 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
It was a dozen USGI mags and a Surefire 60 rd Mag starting at $250.
I'm well aware of market dynamics and understand your assumptions but I don't see that as entirely outrageous.
You're right, that's not outrageous at all in the current market. Hard to believe you didn't get any offers on GB with that pricing. Well, good luck selling them.
Old 01-02-2013, 1:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Sprig View Post

Holy ****!!!!
Old 01-02-2013, 1:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decoligny View Post
I am 100% sure that you mean you are trying to sell some hi cap REBUILD KITS.
^THIS^ could easily have something to do with it. Make sure you are clarifying you arent selling hicap magazines, but rebuild kits.
But, screw ebay.

"Friends don't let friends play bubba gunsmith."
SlickmisterN
Old 01-02-2013, 1:13 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

"Dear rudycakes,

If I were in your position I would simply state the following on my NEXT ad:

For the mags, TAKE THEM APART and take photos. They are NOT magazines, they are rebuild kits that are used or new and they are for .223 caliber and they fit any firearm that accepts standard .223 mags INCLUDING Daewooo DR200, KELTEC Su-16 (.223 hunting rifle) and any other rifle chambered for .223 box mags. (universal mag). Remember, you are dealing with 100% FULL RETARDS. Find some more self-loading firearms that accept AR mags and list them also, Just do not list the Bushmaster, but call it an XM-15 or something or on that list. Every time your auction gets canned go straight back to customer service and be PISSED that they are needlessly cancelling your auctions. It is ashamed that this country had so much potential as a whole, and now it is just pockets of the population here and there that have potential.

I did my relisting about 4 years ago so they may now be at 110% TARD strength which means, that it might be best to go to GB and tell EBAY (with an e-mail) that their BS rules and actions have chased another ebayer away. BTW, Fleabay needs to burn anyways, see if you can track that asshat madcoc23 down and spam the **** out of him for being a little pissant. I would stir up all kinds of trouble for him, ESPECIALLY if he tries to sell stuff.

Fight fire with fire. They sell all kinds of crap on fleabay, it is all about luck and timing...

Old 01-02-2013, 1:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnitravis View Post
^THIS^ could easily have something to do with it. Make sure you are clarifying you arent selling hicap magazines, but rebuild kits.
But, screw ebay.
I do have an FFL and Hi Cap permit. I specified the areas I would not sell to (DC, CA, NY, MA, HI, etc.)
The first listing did offer CA buyers a rebuild kit but I figured maybe that was why it was removed.
I cannot believe that Madcoc guy reported me and he's doing the same thing. I was hoping it was some tree hugging bisexual grad student but now I'm distraught.
Old 01-02-2013, 1:16 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Holy ****!!!!
LoL. I just reported his item as an assault weapon...

Fight fire with fire bro...

If someone is gonna try to kill your auction then you kill theirs right back.

I got half a mind to go talk **** to the dickhead too but I would rather hover on his items and see if I can find a BS reason to cancel them too... I bet if you find something that is ILLEGAL or PROHIBITED it goes RIGHT to the top of the complaint department... Funny cause the report did not even ask me to type why it was prohibited or illegal like the bucky ball knockoffs I fought against a few months ago.

Finally, if you manage to sell, please stop using Fleabay, you know they are Paypal too and they HATE your right to keep and bear arms? Yeah that might come back at us sometime down the road. I no longer sell through them although I might put a couple of reloading kits up (sadly).

**** Fleabay, **** them in da ear till they bleed...

Last edited by stilly; 01-02-2013 at 1:21 PM..
Old 01-02-2013, 1:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilly View Post
If I were in your position I would simply state the following on my NEXT ad:

For the mags, TAKE THEM APART and take photos. They are NOT magazines, they are rebuild kits that are used or new and they are for .223 caliber and they fit any firearm that accepts standard .223 mags INCLUDING Daewooo DR200, KELTEC Su-16 (.223 hunting rifle) and any other rifle chambered for .223 box mags. (universal mag). Remember, you are dealing with 100% FULL RETARDS. Find some more self-loading firearms that accept AR mags and list them also, Just do not list the Bushmaster, but call it an XM-15 or something or on that list. Every time your auction gets canned go straight back to customer service and be PISSED that they are needlessly cancelling your auctions. It is ashamed that this country had so much potential as a whole, and now it is just pockets of the population here and there that have potential.

I did my relisting about 4 years ago so they may now be at 110% TARD strength which means, that it might be best to go to GB and tell EBAY (with an e-mail) that their BS rules and actions have chased another ebayer away. BTW, Fleabay needs to burn anyways, see if you can track that asshat madcoc23 down and spam the **** out of him for being a little pissant. I would stir up all kinds of trouble for him, ESPECIALLY if he tries to sell stuff.

Fight fire with fire. They sell all kinds of crap on fleabay, it is all about luck and timing...
LMTluvr found the guy that reported me and he's selling AR 10 mags. No joke.
Old 01-02-2013, 1:20 PM
Calguns Addict

Reported his add.
Old 01-02-2013, 1:57 PM

His auction has been removed. Thanks guys. It eases the sting a little bit.
Old 01-02-2013, 2:02 PM

list it with ".223" or "A-R". the people who remove listings don't even know what they are looking at, and they don't care. ebay outsources this to india.

also don't mention that you are selling them as rebuild kits, even if you must disassemble them for CA compliance. list the mag cap at 10 rounds.
Old 01-02-2013, 4:18 PM

Lightbulb Reap what you sow .

So wait you won't deal with selling items to Calgunners but you will post up here asking us for advice and help on selling the items elsewhere wow and people wonder why we are having problems with anti's when we can't even support each other at a time like this

I mean getting your ads deleted by another ebayer selling the same or like items is pretty crappy but it is really a little dose of ironic poetic / Karmatic justice IMO even more so since other CGN members that you turned your back on to sell elsewhere took the time to actually research the person who reported you and why they did so for you while you were complaining instead doing so yourself see we aren't all bad

Quote:
Besides Gunbroker.com

Thanks.

FOR SALE ! MAGPUL GRIP - MAGPUL STOCK - MAGPUL RVG : CLICK HERE ! : https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1637308
Old 01-02-2013, 5:37 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilly View Post
LoL. I just reported his item as an assault weapon...

Fight fire with fire bro...

If someone is gonna try to kill your auction then you kill theirs right back.

I got half a mind to go talk **** to the dickhead too but I would rather hover on his items and see if I can find a BS reason to cancel them too... I bet if you find something that is ILLEGAL or PROHIBITED it goes RIGHT to the top of the complaint department... Funny cause the report did not even ask me to type why it was prohibited or illegal like the bucky ball knockoffs I fought against a few months ago.

Finally, if you manage to sell, please stop using Fleabay, you know they are Paypal too and they HATE your right to keep and bear arms? Yeah that might come back at us sometime down the road. I no longer sell through them although I might put a couple of reloading kits up (sadly).

**** Fleabay, **** them in da ear till they bleed...
They do move fast when dealing with illegal items. I saw a guy who was selling a "collectible" pharmacy bottle. It was an antique half gallon sized bottle with the original contents intact. Contents were listed as "Morphia Sulfate aka pure Morphine. I reported it and sent a courtesy e-mail to the seller letting him no that he should turn it in to the local hospital for proper disposal before the DEA knocked in his door.

If you haven't seen it with your own eyes,
or heard it with your own ears,
don't make it up with your small mind,
or spread it with your big mouth.
Old 01-02-2013, 8:35 PM

So in an interesting twist of fate, I decided to repost it on eBay with a Buy Now price of $650 for the Surefire 60 and 14 USGI mags. Ridiculous, I know but theres a guy on there right now selling 10 Pmags for over a thousand dollars. To my surprise someone bought it within minutes. Then while I'm working out the shipping details and checking my Paypal I get another email from eBay saying the listing has been removed. I sent him a message on eBay and via email. No response yet. The money is still in my Paypal acct but I don't expect it will stay there since eBay has cancelled the transaction. Now I'm confused. Hopefully he responds and we can do this without eBay.
What a day... First time selling on eBay, too.
Old 01-02-2013, 8:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatersLOVEme : ) View Post
So wait you won't deal with selling items to Calgunners but you will post up here asking us for advice and help on selling the items elsewhere wow and people wonder why we are having problems with anti's when we can't even support each other at a time like this

I mean getting your ads deleted by another ebayer selling the same or like items is pretty crappy but it is really a little dose of ironic poetic / Karmatic justice IMO even more so since other CGN members that you turned your back on to sell elsewhere took the time to actually research the person who reported you and why they did so for you while you were complaining instead doing so yourself see we aren't all bad
So 1. I can't ask for advice on a forum of which I'm a member because I don't sell stuff here (for which I have good reasons not to i.e. experiences stated above).
2. I'm somehow partially responsible for antigunners.
3. I somehow deserved to have my post deleted.
4. I "turned my back" on CalGuns.
5. I'm lazy for not researching the guy.
I don't know what I did to upset your ego but you don't know what you're talking about. You need a hug, bro.

Last edited by RudyCakes; 01-02-2013 at 8:44 PM..