Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 06-17-2018, 11:48 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gleam View Post
My aggravation with this is when fighting the 7 passed infringing bills and prop 63 with petitions (Gunmageddon) the NRA and CRPA gave little support, and only at the very tail end gave some limited awareness. It was too little and way too late.

The excuse was they felt litigation was a better angle. Replies here on Calguns often supported that idea.

I'm still NRA and CRPA and always will be, but I was critical of their lack of support at that time for this very reason. If they had put their full weight into it from the start with media attention, it could have been much more.

On average, each proposition gained only around 150,000 signatures and I blame that primarily on lack of awareness. NRA and CRPA had the means to call for a wider response to the petitions early on and failed.
Maybe the NRA and the CRPA see that the majority of California voters hate guns and gun owners. And every day more and more gun owners are exiting this ****hole of a state.
Old 06-17-2018, 12:04 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford8N View Post
Maybe the NRA and the CRPA see that the majority of California voters hate guns and gun owners. And every day more and more gun owners are exiting this ****hole of a state.
Irrelevant, and they would be wrong, now and even more so as they were then.

The excuse they gave for anemic support of the petitions was that litigation would provide better impact and success. My point at that time and still is, had we been extended the courtesy sooner of their ability to do little more than use what media capability they already had for alerting gun owners, the petitions would have been successful.

The early alerts had little to no cost. Nothing new to develop, no taxing time.

And now? Is the litigation working? No.
What compelling interest has any level of government in knowing what guns are owned by civilians? (Those owned by government should be inventoried and tracked, for exactly the same reasons computers and desks and chairs are tracked: responsible care of public property.)

If some level of government had that information, what would they do with it? How would having that info benefit public safety? How would it benefit law enforcement?