Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 03-13-2011, 8:15 PM

Default List of retailers who won't ship to CA?

Hi, all.

I found this older post. I'm not sure the info is up to date, seeing as AB 962 went down in flames. Have some of these reversed themselves?

Post is at
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=378054

Now, just checking, Ammoman lists a few states where they won't ship but CA is not on the list. Do they now ship to CA?
And Midway, I find nothing on their site about CA.

That would be good -- I like Midway and I'd hate to have to boycott them -- but principles are principles and sometimes you pay a price when you stand by them.

Here's another thread.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/a.../t-376657.html

So... who has timely data, post - AB 962 defeat? Who is still / again shipping, to where, or to where not?

I will make my first contribution to the list - this guy will not ship ammo.

http://www.fivesevenammo.com
Old 03-13-2011, 9:48 PM
Banned

Who cares who won't ship ammo? Let's look for and support the ones who will, the market will take care of the ones who won't ship to us, plenty of vendors who will. Copes and Natchez have been good to work with.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasemonkey View Post
Who cares who won't ship ammo? Let's look for and support the ones who will, the market will take care of the ones who won't ship to us, plenty of vendors who will. Copes and Natchez have been good to work with.
I agree. Let's support the companies that support us. There are quite a few companies that I won't deal with at all because they won't sell certain items to California. If a company won't ship certain legal items to California I won't deal with them at all. There are some companies that cut California off before AB962 was suppose to go into effect and I won't deal with them either. That is my choice.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:38 PM

That's exactly my point -- support the companies that support us, boycott the others. To do so, we need to know which to boycott.

This goes beyond ammo. Some companies will happily sell us anything but ammo -- and we might not realize the ammo restriction because that's not on our shopping list. But knowing which companies don't ship ammo, lets us find all of our stuff -- not just ammo -- elsewhere. THAT is how you send the message, financially -- they've already written off the lost profits from non-sale of ammo to CA, the idea is to make them take bigger losses than they expected.
Old 03-18-2011, 8:48 AM

Just got a reply from Midway / Larry Potterfield.

They do indeed ship loaded ammo to California. Letter says "Just goes to show you
can't believe everything you read on the internet!"

(That's why I asked).

But other retailers take a rumor and follow that lead.

Anybody have any more input on edjicatin' the recalcitrant retailers? Anything being done, any "white papers" or informational material being put together for their illumination?
Old 03-18-2011, 2:12 PM

I've named a few companies that I personally boycott because they won't send legal products to California and I was called quite a few names so good luck. I have my own values that I live by and some people don't get it and that's ok. I do support companies that don't have a problem with California and take the attitude buisness is buisness. I have found some great companies that have fast shipping and great customer service. I will continue to deal with them and spend my money appropriately.
Old 03-18-2011, 7:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don29palms View Post
I've named a few companies that I personally boycott because they won't send legal products to California and I was called quite a few names so good luck. I have my own values that I live by and some people don't get it and that's ok. I do support companies that don't have a problem with California and take the attitude buisness is buisness. I have found some great companies that have fast shipping and great customer service. I will continue to deal with them and spend my money appropriately.
I would like to see that list. And not privately.

I wouldn't call you names. Ignore anybody who does. The message is more important here.

Values -- consider the absurdity of complaining about being laid off because your job got shipped to China, and then shopping at Walmart "because it's my money!" Why the unions didn't make themselves useful and set up permanent picket lines at every Walmart on the planet, mystifies me. Now it's too late. I do my very best not to buy Chinese (sometimes, you have no choice -- see electronics). But shoes, clothing, etc. and especially food, I pay more but feel better about it.

Anyway buying Chinese from Wal-Mart is like buying other stuff ("because it's cheap") from gun retailers who won't ship ammo or components to legal locations in CA and then buying the ammo/components elsewhere. This is a disservice to the retailer who isn't quite as cut-rate but does ship to CA (he should get ALL of our business, not just the ammo), and all of our fellow gun enthusiasts here in CA, and rewards the bad actors.

Their calculus works like this -- companies that don't ship ammo/components to CA, despite being free to do so, figure they lose some on the ammo sales but that's just a fraction of their revenue. They'll get along by selling all the other tchotchkes that we need. If however they find that a significant portion of CA is not buying ANYthing from them -- and somebody needs to make them aware of that -- they may take the time to sit down and figure out exactly what the law says, instead of "playing it safe."

The boycott can be an enormously powerful, peaceful, persuasive tool. But only if enough people stick to it. A lot of people (customers, retailers) talk about the Second Amendment but when it comes right down to it, prefer to take the easy / cheap route.

It does no good to secure our "rights" if retailers are so lazy, uninformed or terrified that they refuse to sell to us. (And, I suspect, some are petty enough to think they can "punish" us for living here, so that we will work to "change our state laws." These, especially, need to be boycotted).
Old 03-18-2011, 8:17 PM

Can't say that I blame companies for having issues with California

Because I have issues with California as well.

I live here because of the weather.

My beef is with the state government, not some private company

So I vote and donate money

If I owned one of these companies, I'd just write California off as being too weird to deal with.

It's not personal, it's not about being lazy, uninformed, terrified, or wanting to punish anybody.

It's more of, "I just don't want to be bothered"
Old 03-19-2011, 9:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Albrecht View Post
I would like to see that list. And not privately.

I wouldn't call you names. Ignore anybody who does. The message is more important here.

Values -- consider the absurdity of complaining about being laid off because your job got shipped to China, and then shopping at Walmart "because it's my money!" Why the unions didn't make themselves useful and set up permanent picket lines at every Walmart on the planet, mystifies me. Now it's too late. I do my very best not to buy Chinese (sometimes, you have no choice -- see electronics). But shoes, clothing, etc. and especially food, I pay more but feel better about it.

Anyway buying Chinese from Wal-Mart is like buying other stuff ("because it's cheap") from gun retailers who won't ship ammo or components to legal locations in CA and then buying the ammo/components elsewhere. This is a disservice to the retailer who isn't quite as cut-rate but does ship to CA (he should get ALL of our business, not just the ammo), and all of our fellow gun enthusiasts here in CA, and rewards the bad actors.

Their calculus works like this -- companies that don't ship ammo/components to CA, despite being free to do so, figure they lose some on the ammo sales but that's just a fraction of their revenue. They'll get along by selling all the other tchotchkes that we need. If however they find that a significant portion of CA is not buying ANYthing from them -- and somebody needs to make them aware of that -- they may take the time to sit down and figure out exactly what the law says, instead of "playing it safe."

The boycott can be an enormously powerful, peaceful, persuasive tool. But only if enough people stick to it. A lot of people (customers, retailers) talk about the Second Amendment but when it comes right down to it, prefer to take the easy / cheap route.

It does no good to secure our "rights" if retailers are so lazy, uninformed or terrified that they refuse to sell to us. (And, I suspect, some are petty enough to think they can "punish" us for living here, so that we will work to "change our state laws." These, especially, need to be boycotted).
I absolutely agree with you and that's why I do what I do.
Old 03-19-2011, 9:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopalong View Post
Can't say that I blame companies for having issues with California

Because I have issues with California as well.

I live here because of the weather.

My beef is with the state government, not some private company

So I vote and donate money

If I owned one of these companies, I'd just write California off as being too weird to deal with.

It's not personal, it's not about being lazy, uninformed, terrified, or wanting to punish anybody.

It's more of, "I just don't want to be bothered"
I get so tired of the BS excuses that people make for some of these companies. Excuses are like buttholes. Everyone has one and they all stink!
Old 03-19-2011, 9:44 AM

www.weaponsworld.com WILL/DOES ship to CA
Great deals on ammo (eg case of swiss 9mm for $199 and shipping is only $9 when ordering 500+ rounds) and magazine rebuild kits without the 'kit' surcharge.

Last edited by SigP510; 03-19-2011 at 9:48 AM..