Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 02-21-2012, 1:35 PM

Ok so I read thru them all for SD... Since im a Firefighter and Paramedic the ones that most closley resemble me are on pages

Those plus other info deemed from other applications I have found that dealing with criminals, metally ill, domestic viollence, gang members, and crime scenes in high crime areas, that these constitute good causes and FFPM's have succesfully been awarded CCW's by Gore.

So I will craft my application to cover these same topics, and mention my fear for my life and safety as well as my family when off duty.

The question I have is "Will there be a coordinated application blitz by others in SD, or a time frame for applying?"

AND

"If I get rejected and then file an appeal and get rejected again, which im pretty sure Gore will do, what is Calguns prepared to do legally???"

"Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!
Old 02-21-2012, 2:17 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Ok....so I got thru them all. Although some of them had to be so heavily redacted it made them fairly worthless for comparitive value, removing those that are judges/DAs/LEOs, when you look at the basics of any of those not involving a specific threat.......dont they all just come down to "personal protection"?

Quote for the day:
Quote:
"..the mind is the weapon and the hand only its extention. Discipline your mind!" Master Hao, Chenrezi monastery, Valley of the Sun
Old 02-21-2012, 2:47 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemark View Post
The question I have is "Will there be a coordinated application blitz by others in SD, or a time frame for applying?"
You can apply whenever you feel it prudent. I have no way of knowing what other possible applicants might do with the information we collected and published; however, we are not planning to coordinate any particular application event in San Diego at this time.

Quote:
"If I get rejected and then file an appeal and get rejected again, which im pretty sure Gore will do, what is Calguns prepared to do legally???"
We prepare and fund strategic litigation; we are not a legal service provider.

Note, however, that there is no appeals process under current law. To the extent the agency offers denied applicants some scheme of requesting a review of the application and determination thereupon, we believe it is really a re-application process in function. There's really no probative value of any appeal decision except to the extent that it modifies the original determination.

-Brandon

ETA: Note that all 2A cases, and probably all EP-only cases (related to gun issues) are stayed pending Nordyke. Richards and Peruta are already up at CA9 and briefed (also pending Nordyke). There's nothing really to do except allow those cases to resolve and work on the addressable issues in the time period leading up to Richards/Peruta ultimate resolution.

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.

Last edited by wildhawker; 02-21-2012 at 2:53 PM..
Old 02-21-2012, 2:49 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamed1972 View Post
when you look at the basics of any of those not involving a specific threat.......dont they all just come down to "personal protection"?
Yes. That is really the core point they conveniently ignore for the purpose of making denials and attempting to avoid equal protection.

-Brandon

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 02-21-2012, 3:15 PM

Quote:
Only about half way thru so far......but

Other then that.....seems like anyone in SD who owns a business or is a contractor should be applying. What are you folks waiting for?
I own two businesses, although money isn't exactly jumping into my pocket right now. Does that really matter if I were to apply?
Old 02-21-2012, 3:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhawker View Post
You can apply whenever you feel it prudent. I have no way of knowing what other possible applicants might do with the information we collected and published; however, we are not planning to coordinate any particular application event in San Diego at this time.

We prepare and fund strategic litigation; we are not a legal service provider.

Note, however, that there is no appeals process under current law. To the extent the agency offers denied applicants some scheme of requesting a review of the application and determination thereupon, we believe it is really a re-application process in function. There's really no probative value of any appeal decision except to the extent that it modifies the original determination.

-Brandon

ETA: Note that all 2A cases, and probably all EP-only cases (related to gun issues) are stayed pending Nordyke. Richards and Peruta are already up at CA9 and briefed (also pending Nordyke). There's nothing really to do except allow those cases to resolve and work on the addressable issues in the time period leading up to Richards/Peruta ultimate resolution.
So please explain to me what actual good use putting up all the applications for CCW's was for?

Your not planning to coordinate an application event in San Diego, at this time. So at what time?

"allow those cases to resolve" once again Calguns famous mantra "two weeks" Just a brief review of willing people just on this website I count several dozen if not over 100 San Diegans waiting "for orders". If something was planned I could easily guarantee at least another 100 coworkers to join in, not on calguns.

Gore is the epitomy of tyrannical law enforcement, his special treatment and denial of 14th amendment rights to law abiding citizens is evident. You have documentable evidence of bias against carry rights, Gores attendence at AB1934 discussion meetings. And now 100's of people ready to do something, and your advice is.....lets just wait?

What about stirring up media attention for gun rights, address Gore's pending lawsuits, the fact the ban on open carry now makes his argument in Peruta completely void and without merit.

"Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!
Old 02-21-2012, 4:11 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemark View Post
So please explain to me what actual good use putting up all the applications for CCW's was for?
Firemark,

Your frustrations are misdirected. Yes, your rights are being infringed by government just as tens of millions of others are similarly infringed.

We publish the records because it helps people to understand the contours of the sheriffs' policy as-applied. Further, it allows people to argue in support of their application, their circumstances, and their right to equal protection from an informed position. It is not, nor ever has it ever been, a guarantee of a successful application.

Quote:
Your not planning to coordinate an application event in San Diego, at this time. So at what time?
I am not in the business of asking people to spend time and money where it doesn't serve a purpose. When and if we need to run a drill in San Diego, those who've signed up as volunteers will be contacted.

Quote:
"allow those cases to resolve" once again Calguns famous mantra "two weeks"
These issues will not be resolved overnight; I'm sorry if you expected otherwise. We're in the middle of a years-long process and there's nothing anyone can do to speed it along beyond what we already are doing.

Quote:
Just a brief review of willing people just on this website I count several dozen if not over 100 San Diegans waiting "for orders". If something was planned I could easily guarantee at least another 100 coworkers to join in, not on calguns.
Excellent, and to the extent that we can position for some grassroots show of support for the issue (and disparity in the sheriff's use of discretion), every single person should sign up to be a LTC volunteer in case that sort of coordinated effort becomes an action item. Alternatively, you can take the information we worked very hard to acquire and do something with it yourself.

Quote:
Gore is the epitomy of tyrannical law enforcement, his special treatment and denial of 14th amendment rights to law abiding citizens is evident. You have documentable evidence of bias against carry rights, Gores attendence at AB1934 discussion meetings. And now 100's of people ready to do something, and your advice is.....lets just wait?
Did you even read my last post? Let me quote it for you.

Quote:
Quote:
Your purported volume of applicants has no bearing on the law. If you want to project your frustrations on others, please direct them to those actually causing the infringing policies to be applied.

Quote:
What about stirring up media attention for gun rights, address Gore's pending lawsuits, the fact the ban on open carry now makes his argument in Peruta completely void and without merit.
That's being done pretty much everywhere. It's even in court filings. Where have you been?

-Brandon

Last edited by wildhawker; 02-21-2012 at 4:16 PM..
Old 02-22-2012, 8:25 AM
I need a LIFE!!

There were GC statements included with the Peruta filings that showed only "HDSA member" or similar as good cause. I didn't see those in the PDF. Did Gore hold some out of the batch? Or were they there I just glossed over them?

Quote for the day:
Quote:
"..the mind is the weapon and the hand only its extention. Discipline your mind!" Master Hao, Chenrezi monastery, Valley of the Sun
Old 02-22-2012, 9:22 AM

Quote:
There were GC statements included with the Peruta filings that showed only "HDSA member" or similar as good cause. I didn't see those in the PDF. Did Gore hold some out of the batch? Or were they there I just glossed over them?
I saw lots of reserve deputies but no HDSA members.
Old 02-22-2012, 9:30 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtyner View Post
I saw lots of reserve deputies but no HDSA members.
Yeah....that's what caught my attention.

Quote for the day:
Quote:
Old 02-29-2012, 3:16 PM

The San Diego Sheriff's licensing division is conforming to SB610. They are no longer front loading training costs and shooting fees.

The good cause statements are interesting.

Old 04-10-2012, 5:29 PM

Default Ccw San Diego...

Not to beat a dead horse, but is it still virtually impossible to get a ccw without a damn good reason other than 2nd amendment? I know there are quite a few threads about this but they are all pages and pages across the last 4 years or so....just curious what the short answer is....also if anyone is familiar with Santee in particular would I apply directly at Santee sheriffs or is it just considered san Diego in general?
Old 04-10-2012, 6:16 PM

I believe there is a lawsuit stayed pending on Nordyke. No changes for a while.
We can help with loans and refi's. 10% of all commissions will be donated to CG.

Serving the greater San Diego area.

Aaron Ross - BRE #01865640
CA Broker
Old 04-10-2012, 6:17 PM

From my understanding of it u would have to apply tithe San Diego County Sherrifs department.

I did hear from a LEO buddy I mine yesterday that it is getting a little easier in SDC but I don't know how accurate that is or what exactly it he means by "easier".

DarkSkySolutions.com
Old 04-10-2012, 6:39 PM

Go to the sub forum and access the San Diego thread. Good Cause statements are available for your inspection.
Old 04-10-2012, 7:21 PM
Calguns Addict

San Diego LTC thread

And additional information at the Calguns Foundation HERE
Old 04-10-2012, 10:22 PM
Veteran Member

Short answer:
You still need to articulate verifiable cause, whatever they decide that means, and then, if no other prohibiting factors exist, and if you jump through all the hoops, you may be issued a license. It's not impossible, just not a slam dunk, yet.

The Second Amendment is the one right that is so fundamental that the inability to exercise it, should the need arise, would render all other rights null and void. Dead people have no rights.
Magna est veritas et praevalebit
Old 04-11-2012, 8:12 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coryb619 View Post
Not to beat a dead horse, but is it still virtually impossible to get a ccw without a damn good reason other than 2nd amendment? I know there are quite a few threads about this but they are all pages and pages across the last 4 years or so....just curious what the short answer is....also if anyone is familiar with Santee in particular would I apply directly at Santee sheriffs or is it just considered san Diego in general?
you have to apply at the Sheriff's licensing Div. office at the Kearny Mesa headquarters....it's up off Balboa at the I-15 I believe.

Quote for the day:
Quote:
Old 04-11-2012, 9:04 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocCrazyJ View Post
From my understanding of it u would have to apply tithe San Diego County Sherrifs department.

I did hear from a LEO buddy I mine yesterday that it is getting a little easier in SDC but I don't know how accurate that is or what exactly it he means by "easier".
If a little easier means they dropped some of their illegal app requirements (like requiring referecne letters) so as to be in compliance with the law, then yea....it's gotten a little easier to apply at least. Haven't heard anything regarding it getting easier to actually get approved tho.

Although I was suprised by some of the approved GC statements I read in the sub-forum. Especially the ones granted to those for the purposes of Exec. Protection / Body Guard work. Granting such permits seems hypocritcal because they are giving a permit to someone with no specific threat against themselves to hire themselves out as a hired gun to "protect" people who may or may not have any threat or GC to need armed protection themselves, or at least not GC that has been reviewed by the sheriff.

So I can hire someone to carry a gun for me when I have no specific need or threat, but I cant get a permit to carry a gun to protect myself? That's just BS.

Quote for the day:
Quote:
Old 04-11-2012, 9:10 AM

Cool LTC in San Diego

From what I've been told by friends that have them there, it's a little easier to obtain if you own your own business.
Old 04-11-2012, 2:22 PM

One big change for the approval precess is that your app goes threw a comity and not a single person. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not but before it used to be you submitted your app that app was looked over b the person assigned to you and once everything was in order they would submit it to a single person that would decide, now it goes to basically a hearing.
Old 04-11-2012, 8:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coryb619 View Post
Not to beat a dead horse, but is it still virtually impossible to get a ccw without a damn good reason other than 2nd amendment?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypsenerd View Post
I believe there is a lawsuit stayed pending on Nordyke. No changes for a while.
The Peruta case.
http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/in...y_of_San_Diego
Old 04-22-2012, 9:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRACKERJACK View Post
I thought that the Nordyke case was concluded? Or did i read wrong?
Old 04-23-2012, 7:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbahri5206 View Post
One big change for the approval precess is that your app goes threw a comity (they called it a panel) and not a single person. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not but before it used to be you submitted your app that app was looked over b the person assigned to you and once everything was in order they would submit it to a single person that would decide, now it goes to basically a hearing.
But, yes - this information is correct.

I was recommended for approval by the Licensing Specialist (got a phone call for that very reason) actually, I was told that his boss instructed him to recommend approval.

Then denied by the panel.

NO ISSUE / MAY ISSUE / SHALL ISSUE - LTC progress over time since 1986

Last edited by NoJoke; 09-26-2012 at 5:26 PM..
Old 08-28-2012, 6:56 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Denied renewal by Blanca Pelowitz and appeal to Asst Sheriff Patricia Duke.

The licencing division remains unfair,arbitrary and capricious.

Hopefully there will be redress in the courts.

Mark S Cleary
Old 08-28-2012, 7:32 PM
Ban Hammer Avoidance Team

Location: Did you notice how far over I've moved this part of my info? You should try it, it's fun.

Sorry to hear that Mark.

Perhaps one of the people in-the-know here is looking for a case like yours.

"Those who cannot remember the posts are condemned to repeat them"

I wish I had a dollar for every time someone used a cliché

Why is it all the funny stuff happens to comedians?
Old 09-03-2012, 7:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusrn View Post
Denied renewal by Blanca Pelowitz and appeal to Asst Sheriff Patricia Duke.

The licencing division remains unfair,arbitrary and capricious.

Hopefully there will be redress in the courts.

Mark S Cleary
Sorry man.
On the up side - you were safe for a while. It's wild how one minute you're ok and the next you're not.

You donating to CGF? I've got a monthly donation set up to help fight the fight.

I hope "shall issue" is close at hand.

Old 09-03-2012, 7:11 AM
Veteran Member

When they stop asking for bank records on the second interview I'll try again, they have no need to see my financials....absolutely preposterous.

Old 09-06-2012, 2:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guns4life View Post
When they stop asking for bank records on the second interview I'll try again, they have no need to see my financials....absolutely preposterous.
Seriously? That asked for bank records? What possible justification do they have for that? Did you claim you had to carry a lot of cash with a business and wanted to see those deposits? Seems completely irrelevant. Almost like they've started just making people so uncomfortable with privacy violations they give up. There really is not 2nd Amendment (bear) in the PRK anymore.
Old 11-13-2012, 7:04 PM

Gonna try to get my CCW here soon. Let you all know how it goes.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:24 PM

Let us know.
Just bought a restaurant and Im interested in this too.
Old 11-19-2012, 6:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shooter View Post
Ok, since Peruta is now over (at least Round 1), is it time to apply yet... or still just time to sit back and wait?

No legal mind here, but oral arguments (that involve LTC's) will be in SF on Dec 6th.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=635508

Edit: replying to an old post...

Old 11-28-2012, 7:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuillermoAntonio View Post
Let us know.
Just bought a restaurant and Im interested in this too.
Phase 1 tomorrow - interview and submission of package.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:28 PM

Just had first interview. Was told it was most unlikely that I would be able to get a CCW for the reason of just self-defense. Since I'm in the military they said if I were to get a memo from my immediate supervisor stating why I would need it and from the base commander that they had knowledge of my request then it would help my chances. So basically it's a possibility but the question I'm thinking over is if it's worth $105 (fees that I don't get back). I'll elaborate more on my reasoning later.
Old 12-07-2012, 5:46 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime

Tell your immediate supervisor and base commander to give you a letter informing the SDSO license division that you live in a "border area".

Tell them there are drug gangs and cartels and if they do not believe this that they can ask their Sheriff's council J. Chapin.That should be sufficient for good cause LTC.
Old 12-08-2012, 7:10 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerFor2A View Post
Seriously? That asked for bank records? What possible justification do they have for that? Did you claim you had to carry a lot of cash with a business and wanted to see those deposits? Seems completely irrelevant. Almost like they've started just making people so uncomfortable with privacy violations they give up. There really is not 2nd Amendment (bear) in the PRK anymore.

Exactly. I was told "besides a restraining order/threats this was the only other way(protecting cash)". As a small business owner I do deposit cash, but there is no way they are getting my bank statements.

Old 12-08-2012, 6:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guns4life View Post
Exactly. I was told "besides a restraining order/threats this was the only other way(protecting cash)". As a small business owner I do deposit cash, but there is no way they are getting my bank statements.
FYI, here in Riverside County they required bank statements or deposit slips. I believe I just made copies with sensitive info blacked out (i.e. balances). All they what to see is the cash deposits, period!

If that is the only thing stopping you, then apply.
Old 12-09-2012, 7:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusrn View Post
Tell your immediate supervisor and base commander to give you a letter informing the SDSO license division that you live in a "border area".

Tell them there are drug gangs and cartels and if they do not believe this that they can ask their Sheriff's council J. Chapin.That should be sufficient for good cause LTC.
Good idea but not sure they would buy that with my commute being from Ramona to Oceanside. Using the fact that my job has me giving input on those violating the UCMJ and whether they should stay in or be discharged.
Old 12-28-2012, 8:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbuljake View Post
FYI, here in Riverside County they required bank statements or deposit slips. I believe I just made copies with sensitive info blacked out (i.e. balances). All they what to see is the cash deposits, period!

If that is the only thing stopping you, then apply.
I have my first interview just after the new year. I am an attorney who deals in significant amount of cash, and works late into the night on occassion. If all they want to see is the deposits, then I'm good with that. The balances and the rest of it are none of their business.

Any new movement to report here in San Diego?
Old 12-28-2012, 8:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Standard View Post

Any new movement to report here in San Diego?
Big Bad Bill is still alive and in charge. So no.