Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Non-California Permits/Licenses
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Non-California Permits/Licenses For out of State License/Permit discussion

Old 06-09-2018, 7:55 PM
Calguns Addict

Default What's the process for applying for an Oregon non-resident CCW?

I've read through Oregon's .gov website as well as several CCW websites, and the process for applying for a non-resident permit doesn't seem very clear. I keep seeing info about how each Sheriff's dept is responsible for issuing and to apply to the dept in whose jurisdiction you live in. Where do you apply as a non-resident?
"The best defense against usurpatory government is an assertive citizenry." - William F Buckley Jr.
Old 06-09-2018, 8:17 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

You can apply in any Co. but some will flat deny. Klamath and Lake Co's are your best bet. You will need to write a personal statement why you wish a CCP. It's as simple as you have family, recreate, etc and wish to protect yourself and your family. Be truthful in your statement and reason. If you have family in a different co. than you are applying do not use that as they like you to apply in that co. Fill out their application and have your NRA cert. Call to confirm their days they accept apps and bring your $$. Two weeks later permit arrives in the mail. If you have questions, call them. They are quite friendly and willing to help.
Old 06-09-2018, 8:56 PM

My permit is from Klamath County. Super nice and helpful dept.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 06-10-2018, 2:09 PM
Veteran Member

Check out this thread,
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1324081
Old 06-21-2018, 6:32 PM
Veteran Member

Was in Oregon (Medford, Milwaukie, Portland) last week and pretty sad I didn't get to submit my app. Couldn't time it right. Did get WA CPL submitted though.

I'm going to shoot for September... does anyone know the current booked out dates for Klamath County? I'll probably call tomorrow anyways and find out...
Old 06-26-2018, 9:45 AM
Veteran Member

I just called Klamath SO. They are booked out through Oct 10th in case anyone is wondering.
Old 06-30-2018, 9:21 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilit View Post
I've read through Oregon's .gov website as well as several CCW websites, and the process for applying for a non-resident permit doesn't seem very clear. I keep seeing info about how each Sheriff's dept is responsible for issuing and to apply to the dept in whose jurisdiction you live in. Where do you apply as a non-resident?

You can apply in any county as a non resident. Here in Idaho, the Sheriff in Grant county Oregon actually sends some of his people here, about a 4 hour drive, to do mass processing every once in a while. That’s how I got my Oregon one. Just bring all the required documentation to the “seminar”, wait your turn, they photograph and print you along the way, take your money, and mail you a permit about two weeks later. It was painless here. Others that live here that got them without going to the permit event, have called and made appointments with geographically and politically friendly counties in Oregon. Their wait times were much much longer due to limited processing abilities of the smaller counties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by nitroxdiver; 06-30-2018 at 9:30 AM..
Old 07-28-2018, 7:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxdiver View Post
You can apply in any county as a non resident. Here in Idaho, the Sheriff in Grant county Oregon actually sends some of his people here, about a 4 hour drive, to do mass processing every once in a while. That’s how I got my Oregon one. Just bring all the required documentation to the “seminar”, wait your turn, they photograph and print you along the way, take your money, and mail you a permit about two weeks later. It was painless here. Others that live here that got them without going to the permit event, have called and made appointments with geographically and politically friendly counties in Oregon. Their wait times were much much longer due to limited processing abilities of the smaller counties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How recent was this CHL event in Idaho? Sheriff Palmer was having his crew visit California on a periodic basis, however that stopped when he stopped issuing CHL's to Oregon non-residents. I am rather curious if these CHL trips to California will be resumed anytime soon by Sheriff Palmer?

Last edited by Baja Daze; 07-28-2018 at 9:54 PM..
Old 07-28-2018, 8:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEANCRITTER View Post
My permit is from Klamath County. Super nice and helpful dept.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Same as my experience with Klamas County.
Old 07-28-2018, 9:20 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Daze View Post
How recent was this CHL event in Idaho? Sheriff Palmer was having his crew visit California on a periodic basis, however that stopped when he stopped issuing CHL's to Oregon non-residents. I am rather curious if these CHL trips California will be resumed anytime soon by Sheriff Palmer?

This year. Maybe 6 months ago. They’ve been here at least twice that I know of. Great folks, super easy and streamlined. I can accidentally be in Oregon really easily here so it was a must get for me as I’m always armed and they don’t recognize Idaho enhanced cwp, but they do accept the Idaho enhanced cwp training for an Oregon non res CCW.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by nitroxdiver; 07-28-2018 at 9:24 PM..
Old 07-28-2018, 9:24 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Daze View Post
How recent was this CHL event in Idaho? Sheriff Palmer was having his crew visit California on a periodic basis, however that stopped when he stopped issuing CHL's to Oregon non-residents. I am rather curious if these CHL trips California will be resumed anytime soon by Sheriff Palmer?
I doubt Palmer will ever send people to CA again. I heard a Californian sued him because his peoples trips down didn't conform to their schedule. Might just have pissed him off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
Americans vs. Democrats
We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross

We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.

What doesn't kill me, better run
Old 07-28-2018, 9:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxdiver View Post
This year. Maybe 6 months ago. They’ve been here at least twice that I know of. Great folks, super easy and streamlined. I can accidentally be in Oregon really easily here so it was a must get for me as I’m always armed and they don’t recognize Idaho enhanced cwp, but they do accept the Idaho enhanced cwp training for an Oregon non res CCW.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info and good for Sheriff Palmer to be visiting Idaho for CHL's!

BTW, Oregon is one of the 10 states that DO NOT honor ANY other states CCW/Permit/LTC, thus the only option is an Oregon CHL, however that is limited to residents of only four states (CA, ID, NV, WA)!

Last edited by Baja Daze; 07-28-2018 at 9:56 PM..