Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Old 01-22-2012, 3:53 PM

Default Burris AR-332 vs other $300 for FN FS2000

I have had my eye on one of these for a while now for my AR build but put the AR on hold in favor for an FN FS2000.

For $300 there are a few options in optics, but none seem to offer what this one can except for maybe another Burris 1-4x-28...

Any experience with this optic, or any suggestions? The only complaint I seem to find is the recticle is much smaller than you would expect, as you can see in the pics on the amazon.com link below
http://www.amazon.com/Burris-300208-...7279764&sr=8-2

Here is the other Burris scope I spoke of
http://www.amazon.com/Fullfield-Tac-...279764&sr=8-16

For my AR build I am going to save up and spend a bit more, but for the FN FS2k I think this this 3x is enough
Old 01-22-2012, 6:06 PM

I was looking at this optic to put my ar. I lost interested when I kept hearing reports of the reticle coming canted out of the box. Most people complained it was one or two degrees canted to the right. I dont know how you feel about that, but for me, it would drive me crazy. But for 3x magnification, its a good optic for the price I guess. To get 3x out of anything else without going scope you will need a magnifier and RD, which can cost anywhere from 280 (Vortex w/ vmag) or higher for the aimpoints and eotechs magnification system.
Old 01-22-2012, 6:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samboslice View Post
I was looking at this optic to put my ar. I lost interested when I kept hearing reports of the reticle coming canted out of the box. Most people complained it was one or two degrees canted to the right. I dont know how you feel about that, but for me, it would drive me crazy. But for 3x magnification, its a good optic for the price I guess. To get 3x out of anything else without going scope you will need a magnifier and RD, which can cost anywhere from 280 (Vortex w/ vmag) or higher for the aimpoints and eotechs magnification system.
I did see a few reviews mentioning the cant, no pics to show what it really looks like...
We have Aimpoint M68's on our M16's and 4X-ACOG's on our M4's, I love the ACOG but very much dislike the M68... Somewhere between the 2 and cheaper than both is what I want in my optic
Old 01-22-2012, 6:35 PM

It wouldnt hurt to try it out, I would just double check the return policy. If the cant doesnt bother you then you didnt lose. As far as the dot being small - what MOA is it? For a 3x mag personally I wouldnt want anything more than 2 MOA, after that it would be hard to be accurate further out.
Old 01-22-2012, 6:39 PM

The dot in the center is 1moa, the ring around it is 9moa OD 7moa ID. Sounds great on paper
Old 01-22-2012, 6:55 PM

I was close to getting that scope. The ONLY thing that deterred me was the cant issue, other than that it all sounded and looked great. Give it a shot, seems like a nice sight. Whatever you get, you will get used to it, so I wouldn't let that dot size demotivate you from getting it. Good luck
Old 01-22-2012, 6:55 PM

plus its pretty
Old 01-25-2012, 10:54 PM

I own this scope and have no complaints. Yes the recticle is small but you easily get use to it. And the recticle is dead center. Extremly accurate, I was hitting a 3/4 inch pole at 150 yds hit after hit, almost chopped it down lol.