Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 7:45 AM
Veteran Member

Thumbs down Rant: lost $109, thanks Opticsplanet...

Made an order with Opticsplanet, only to find out that I put in the wrong address 45 mins later. Emailed them that very same night only for them to reply that the item has been shipped that very night which is awesome because most of the UPS in my town closes at 5pm. So apparently they just disregarded my email and shipped it to wrong address. Now I will have to drive to my old address that I have since moved out 2 months ago and try to explain to the owner asking them if they have my package. And if they don't have it then I guess I am just screwed...

Thanks Opticsplanet for being so accommodating...

End rant...

There's nothing I can do about this right?
Old 04-15-2015, 7:53 AM

Contact ups , sometime you can change address of package while inroute
Old 04-15-2015, 7:56 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

If you have a tracking number you can use the website to have it sent to a ups store.
Old 04-15-2015, 7:58 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisco415 View Post
Contact ups , sometime you can change address of package while inroute
Tried that hour number two, OPTICSPLANET uses the lower denominator(UPS Innovations) for their shipping whenver they have free shipping so you can't reroute. I had a feeling I should have order from Primary Arms or PSA and save the heartache, but Opticsplanet had it for $7 cheaper.
Old 04-15-2015, 7:58 AM
Calguns Addict

Funny, we want online retailers to pack, ship, process ASAP. But in a situation like this, and they do, and you make the error, people want them to lag and be less efficient on processing and shipping giving you enough time to catch your error so you can correct it. And you tried to do so by email versus a call or chat? I bet they get thousands of emails a day as they are not only Optics Planet, but DVOR and also run an eBay and Amazon store.

Sorry OP, it's on you 100% not them. They did their job proper and quick and with the info you gave them, your error is the reason for this. No reason to rant on them - in this case

Anyway, I would go to your old address and just explain and I bet all will be fine. Or leave a note explaining with your phone #.

WTS: Gun stuff & things WTB: Glock 19 Gen 3
Old 04-15-2015, 8:02 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock_this View Post
Funny, we want online retailers to pack, ship, process ASAP. But in a situation like this, and they do, and you make the error, people want them to lag and be less efficient on processing and shipping giving you enough time to catch your error so you can correct it. And you tried to do so by email versus a call or chat? I bet they get thousands of emails a day as they are not only Optics Planet, but DVOR and also run an eBay and Amazon store.

Sorry OP, it's on you 100% not them. They did their job proper and quick and with the info you gave them, your error is the reason for this. No reason to rant on them - in this case

Anyway, I would go to your old address and just explain and I bet all will be fine. Or leave a note explaining with your phone #.
I made the order at 10pm, I was hoping they would delay the order because they've been known to ship slow. But next day I got an email saying it was too late and they had already shipped it. I guess I am out $109.
Old 04-15-2015, 8:02 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Same thing happened to me on a Gunbroker sale. I paid the store and gave them my address for shipping and I didn't hear back from them for over a week. I emailed them to ask when they are shipping my item and got a response that they shipped to my Gunbroker address and not the address I provided. I was irritated with them because they failed to send me any kind of shipping notification and I thought my package would be long gone. I drove across town to my old address and low and behold the package was sitting next to the door as if the residents placed the package outside each morning before work in hope that the rightful owner will claim it.
Old 04-15-2015, 8:05 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TomT_ View Post
I made the order at 10pm, I was hoping they would delay the order because they've been known to ship slow. But next day I got an email saying it was too late and they had already shipped it. I guess I am out $109.
No.. call UPS like someone suggested - though not sure if that works as that seems like it could be ripe with issues with people bogus calling and getting package delivery addresses changed just to F with someone - or go to your old address. This will work out 1 way or another (unless the people at your old address are total scumbags).

Old 04-15-2015, 8:11 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock_this View Post
No.. call UPS like someone suggested - though not sure if that works as that seems like it could be ripe with issues with people bogus calling and getting package delivery addresses changed just to F with someone - or go to your old address. This will work out 1 way or another (unless the people at your old address are total scumbags).
Status is delivered and my old address is 200 miles away, I guess its theirs now. I chalk it up as a never buy from Opticsplanet again experience. First of all I really really hate how the company automatically changes your shipping address back to your billing address when you have to enter your card info. Second ever since I moved I had messed up my order one other time and Palmetto State Armory was more than happy to reroute the order. I guess I just can't expect the same treatment from both companies.

Personally I just wish they wouldn't use the cheapest crappiest shipping option for $100+ dollar of merchandise. I would understand $5 or even $20s, but not $100.

End rant.
Old 04-15-2015, 8:12 AM

Call ups and have them hold it at the local office. I do that with my packages if I know I'm not gonna be around for the drop off. Works everytime. You'll get it. Don't worry
Old 04-15-2015, 8:16 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpig1 View Post
Call ups and have them hold it at the local office. I do that with my packages if I know I'm not gonna be around for the drop off. Works everytime. You'll get it. Don't worry
Status was delivered, so I don't think that's possible. Opticsplanet don't use signature delivery, either you're home or your expensive scope will have to sit at your doorstep until you get home. Best thing I can hope to do is snail mail the new owner and have them mail it to me, it was an apartment so I have no idea who the new resident is.
Old 04-15-2015, 8:22 AM

how far is your old place? i'd drive over there and talk to the new owner. it's your package and it has your name on the box and packing slip.

or if you were friends with any of your old neighbors, call one of them and have them walk next door and talk to the owner...
Old 04-15-2015, 8:23 AM

Contact your cc company and let them know you never received the items from your purchase and that you want a refund. They should issue you the refund and they will go after the merchant for the funds. That suks man. Best of luck
Old 04-15-2015, 8:23 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boopiejones View Post
how far is your old place? i'd drive over there and talk to the new owner. it's your package and it has your name on the box and packing slip.
I am in Fresno now, my old place is in Los Angeles.
Old 04-15-2015, 8:25 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpig1 View Post
Contact your cc company and let them know you never received the items from your purchase and that you want a refund. They should issue you the refund and they will go after the merchant for the funds. That suks man. Best of luck
Nah it's cool, I've been through that with my Credit Card before, even with American Express that was supposed to be very good at doing that I still was stuck for a hotel that I never stayed in. For $109 its just too much hassle.
Old 04-15-2015, 8:33 AM
CGSSA Associate

You said your old place was an apt. Was there an on site manager? Or a neighbor that you were friendly with? Maybe they could check on it for you.

When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance is Duty

"Our policy should not be informed by our collective outrage about one man's conduct." AG Kamala Harris referring to San Francisco's sanctuary policy and 7 time convicted felon and illegal alien Jose Ines Garcia Zarate .
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9CA
...Nor may we relegate the bearing of arms to a “second-class right, subject to an entirely different body of rules than the other Bill of Rights guarantees that we have held to be incorporated into the Due Process Clause.”
Old 04-15-2015, 8:45 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by six seven tango View Post
You said your old place was an apt. Was there an on site manager? Or a neighbor that you were friendly with? Maybe they could check on it for you.
This is Los Angeles, nobody is friendly towards one another. But I do have the old landlord's maintainance number so I will try to contact the landlord and if he's willing have him relay a message to the new resident(if there is a new resident), they will then just write on the package please fwd. to new address and everything "should" work out.
Old 04-15-2015, 9:20 AM

It is so infuriating when companies do their job fast and efficiently. Even more so, they had it cheaper than their competitors, the nerve!

Edit: In case you didn't catch my sarcasm, I'm trying to convey that you need to grow up and learn that people are not going to be responsible for YOUR mistakes.

Last edited by .45GAP; 04-15-2015 at 9:30 AM..
Old 04-15-2015, 9:25 AM

Quote:
First of all I really really hate how the company automatically changes your shipping address back to your billing address when you have to enter your card info.
Why was your billing address still in LA?? Most companies will only ship to the billing address as they will lose almost any dispute if they do not.
Old 04-15-2015, 9:26 AM

Note to self....

Double check shipping address before clicking "submit"
Old 04-15-2015, 9:31 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BONECUTTER View Post
Why was your billing address still in LA?? Most companies will only ship to the billing address as they will lose almost any dispute if they do not.
Because even thought I changed the address on the back of my bill all of my credit card will decline the order unless I used the old shipping address. I am assuming that its because their system is slow.
Old 04-15-2015, 9:43 AM
Calguns Addict

People need to consider using a password storage app like 1Password.

With this, and 1 password entry into the app itself, you can store ALL of your online passwords to ALL of the sites/forums/shops you visit.

But the other real benefit is you can store CC payment methods and your shipping details. So, with 1 password entry into the app (or you can have it no time out) you then click the address button and the entire online form is automatically filled in with your current address and shipping details and then 1 more click and all CC payment details are entered in. This way, everything is automated and other than 1 password to open the password app itself, you have to type and fill in.. nothing. Ever. Just keep your CC info and address info up to date in your password app and boom... 1 click, 2 second entries and nothing to hand type and mess up and no wallet to go looking for for the CC. It also just speeds up online purchases as you type nothing in by hand. And, these type of apps, like 1Password, have extensions for Chrome, FF, Safari, etc so they integrate right into the browser.

Old 04-15-2015, 10:31 AM
Single stack pistol guy
CGN Contributor

I'm not sure how this is Optic Planet's fault.

OP I would contact the current resident of your old place and see if they can help you out. Send a prepaid shipping label and see if they can drop it off for you.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Tried that hour number two, OPTICSPLANET uses the lower denominator(UPS Innovations) for their shipping whenver they have free shipping so you can't reroute. I had a feeling I should have order from Primary Arms or PSA and save the heartache, but Opticsplanet had it for $7 cheaper.

You really should've ordered from PSA. That way you can change/cancel your order within 1-2 weeks timeframe...
Old 04-15-2015, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Status is delivered and my old address is 200 miles away, I guess its theirs now. I chalk it up as a never buy from Opticsplanet again experience. First of all I really really hate how the company automatically changes your shipping address back to your billing address when you have to enter your card info. Second ever since I moved I had messed up my order one other time and Palmetto State Armory was more than happy to reroute the order. I guess I just can't expect the same treatment from both companies.

Personally I just wish they wouldn't use the cheapest crappiest shipping option for $100+ dollar of merchandise. I would understand $5 or even $20s, but not $100.

End rant.
Really? You make a mistake, the company ships fast and efficient using your bad info and you blame the company?? Remind me to never do business with you.

And at this point you can't say you're out the money because anything could happen. Like the receiver at your old address could simply send it back to the sender. Of you could contact them in some way and send them a preaddressed box with postage so they could easily put the package in the box and ship it off to you with little hassle on their part.
Old 04-15-2015, 12:52 PM

Quote:
I am assuming that its because their system is slow.
Well that sounds like 10 pounds of monkey crap in a 5 pound bag. You still blame them for your mistake. You've gotten suggestion after suggestion to call the building, manager, neighbor, current tenant, etc, to get the product. Be a man, own up, and correct it.
Old 04-15-2015, 12:57 PM
Calguns Addict

No credit card company updates info that slowly. If you changed your billing address with the CC company, all merchant verifications will go against that updated info pretty much instantaneously.

Distinguished Rifleman #1924
NRA Certified Instructor (Rifle and Metallic Cartridge Reloading) and RSO
https://www.ocabj.net | http://jocabphoto.com

My AR15 Service Rifle - Used for CMP/NRA High Power Service Rifle Competitions
My Eliseo R5 (Remington 700) Tube Gun - Used for NRA High Power (Match Category) Competitions
My M1 Garand Service Rifle - Used for JCG Matches, rebuilt by Dean's Gun Restorations
Old 04-15-2015, 1:03 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael0594 View Post
You really should've ordered from PSA. That way you can change/cancel your order within 1-2 weeks timeframe...
Bwaa ha ha LOL nice.

Old 04-15-2015, 1:18 PM
Calguns Addict

What zip code in la. Lots of us here that would pick it up for you.
Old 04-15-2015, 1:21 PM
Proud Deplorable
CGN Contributor

So you messed up, and it's their fault?
/thread.

ΦΑ
Old 04-15-2015, 1:36 PM
@ the Dark End of the Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael0594 View Post
Classic!!!
Old 04-15-2015, 1:45 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Location: You can not protect the 1st Amendment without the 2nd Amendment........

Quote:
I've been through that with my Credit Card before, even with American Express that was supposed to be very good at doing that I still was stuck for a hotel that I never stayed in.
What did you do, reserve a room at the wrong hotel too?
Old 04-15-2015, 1:46 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I think this is in the running for the most entitled OP blaming others for their own mistake on calguns.
Old 04-15-2015, 1:58 PM
Hillary 4 Prison
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc1138 View Post
I think this is in the running for the most entitled OP blaming others for their own mistake on calguns.
The OP would probably complain about getting nailed in a whore house.....
Old 04-15-2015, 2:05 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Well this thread certainly backfired for the OP
Old 04-15-2015, 2:10 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Status was delivered, so I don't think that's possible. Opticsplanet don't use signature delivery, either you're home or your expensive scope will have to sit at your doorstep until you get home. Best thing I can hope to do is snail mail the new owner and have them mail it to me, it was an apartment so I have no idea who the new resident is.
Who ordered the expensive scope? Did they use the right address?
Old 04-15-2015, 2:42 PM
Janitors Mop

Failing to see how this is the vendor's fault... Let's agree to blame Bush and call this one over.
Closed Thread