Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Commercial Sales > New Product Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Product Announcements Vendors, share information about your newest products. Only CGN Vendors can start threads in this forum.

Old 02-12-2014, 11:22 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiknefer View Post
I wasn't going to bring this up but since someone else did I'll mention a couple things. I was a little annoyed when I saw my credit card had been charged weeks before the anticipated shipping date. I spent a little time researching 80% Arms and found that they have an excellent reputation for customer service so I didn't worry about it any more. Even so, I'll just point out that unexpected problems such as those mentioned above work both ways. For example, 80% Arms (or any company that collects payment prior to shipping) can experience supply or production problems, labor issues, regulatory enforcement surprises (http://hotair.com/archives/2013/05/2...ore-sense-now/), etc. I'm waiting to order more products until I receive my first order for this reason. I understand 80% Arms position completely and I'm not complaining.

My learning experience was losing several hundred dollars in pre-paid dog boarding when Camp Bow-Wow went out of business.
Understand your position To help with this we do allow customers to cancel their order at any time for any reason. So if it's taking too long to get an order, or if things change, there's always the option to cancel the order for an immediate refund.

In general though, we much prefer to have everything in stock so none of this comes into play. We do everything we can to keep the backorder to a minimum.

80% Arms
12282 Monarch St.
Garden Grove, CA 92841

Phone: (949)-354-ARMS [2767]
Email: sales@80percentarms.com

Last edited by 80% Arms; 02-12-2014 at 11:36 PM..
Old 02-15-2014, 8:31 PM

Just so I can understand what I would be getting myself into...

1 X 6061-T6 Anodized Billet 80% Lower : $109.99
1 X AR-15 Easy Jig : $149.99
1 X Router Rental : $25

Total for a stripped lower: $284 + tax + shipping

Maybe I'm missing something: other than not having to DROS the lower, why would I pay almost $300 for a stripped lower? A stripped lower that I could potentially screw up and end up throwing $109.99 into the garbage...

"I want to believe" - just can't understand the reasons...
Old 02-15-2014, 8:37 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dscoduc View Post

Maybe I'm missing something: other than not having to DROS the lower, why would I pay almost $300 for a stripped lower? A stripped lower that I could potentially screw up and end up throwing $109.99 into the garbage...

Two reasons:
1) no DROS
and/or
2) you plan to build more than one
Old 02-16-2014, 6:23 AM

Just a little side note Im sure most of you know. 80% will replace any lower that you might " screw up " for 50% of the original cost. But there is that nasty little problem of the dreaded back order tho. LOL
Old 02-16-2014, 6:42 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dscoduc View Post

No one goes the "80%" route because it's cheaper.
If you don't have a desire to build your own personal firearm with your own hands, learning about the firearm and how it works along the way, this is not for you.
Also, it's about legally having a firearm that is not in a government database.
Old 02-16-2014, 8:22 AM

As a junior member am I unable to create albums or post pictures ? FAQ says to go to control panel and click on albums but Ill be damned if I can find it.
Old 02-16-2014, 9:28 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

There is a lot of reason why we go this route.

1. No Dros
2. You're planning to build more then 1
3. Satisfaction of building your own rifle from a 80% for the true gun enthusiast.
4. Legally building and owning a pistol lower that can cost less then purchasing from a FFL.
5. You can always resale the Jig and router.

Last edited by Checkk; 02-16-2014 at 9:30 AM..
Old 02-16-2014, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkk View Post
There is a lot of reason why we go this route.

1. No Dros
2. You're planning to build more then 1
3. Satisfaction of building your own rifle from a 80% for the true gun enthusiast.
4. Legally building and owning a pistol lower that can cost less then purchasing from a FFL.
5. You can always resale the Jig and router.
Ahh, now number 4 & 5 puts things into a little better perspective...
Old 02-18-2014, 12:10 PM
I need a LIFE!!

80% Arms, is there a reason you didn't make the jig universal? I realize you want to sell your lower too, but there's a huge untapped market out there for your jig if was universal. Especially since most 80% machine shops have been shut down. There's lots of people out there looking for options to finish their TM's, billets, and to fix their out-of-spec EPLowers. Is there a universal version of the jig in the works?

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater
Old 02-18-2014, 2:28 PM

K1dude..... 80% DOES offer a universal jig. It requires using a drill press tho. It works very well if your patient, Ive finished quite a few lowers using the universal jig. I would think that making the Easy Jig that uses the router universal it would be a huge task. Should they go to every manufactuer buy one of thier jig and model thier jig to fit ? Kudos to 80% for even putting the time and research into making a jig, Not all companys that sell lowers offer a jig to finish it. If you have to buy an 80% Arms lower to be sure it works so be it. IMO they are reasonably priced.
Old 02-18-2014, 2:31 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtwin913 View Post
K1dude..... 80% DOES offer a universal jig. It requires using a drill press tho. It works very well if your patient, Ive finished quite a few lowers using the universal jig. I would think that making the Easy Jig that uses the router universal it would be a huge task. Should they go to every manufactuer buy one of thier jig and model thier jig to fit ? Kudos to 80% for even putting the time and research into making a jig, Not all companys that sell lowers offer a jig to finish it. If you have to buy an 80% Arms lower to be sure it works so be it. IMO they are reasonably priced.
I know they make a universal jig. But this thread is about the easy jig. I'm asking why they didn't make the easy jig universal. Why is it a huge task? They already did it with their universal jig side plates. Sure, nothing is absolutely universal, but they can probably hit 75% of the stuff out there.

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater
Old 02-19-2014, 11:17 AM
Veteran Member

Mitch are they ignoring your phonecalls and emails?
Old 02-19-2014, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1dude View Post
I know they make a universal jig. But this thread is about the easy jig. I'm asking why they didn't make the easy jig universal. Why is it a huge task? They already did it with their universal jig side plates. Sure, nothing is absolutely universal, but they can probably hit 75% of the stuff out there.
I don't remember if it was this thread or another, but 80% arms said they would work on a universal easy-jig in the future. They said there were too many different lowers out there to make a "universal" due to the different width, features...etc of the various mfg.

I've modified the easy jig to fit my Ares billet lower. Haven't milled it out yet, but it fits in the easy jig now and should work fine. Looks like it will also fit my TM forged lower after the modification. That is always an option if you feel comfortable with it.
Old 02-19-2014, 1:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickstone View Post
I don't remember if it was this thread or another, but 80% arms said they would work on a universal easy-jig in the future. They said there were too many different lowers out there to make a "universal" due to the different width, features...etc of the various mfg.

I've modified the easy jig to fit my Ares billet lower. Haven't milled it out yet, but it fits in the easy jig now and should work fine. Looks like it will also fit my TM forged lower after the modification. That is always an option if you feel comfortable with it.
Could you describe what you did to make the TM lower work? Would be great if we could use these for other companies lowers also. Pics too maybe if you are feeling generous.
Old 02-19-2014, 1:41 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickstone View Post

Can you show pictures of what you did to make it fit a TM lower? I would love to mil out TM 80% with the EZ JIG.
Old 02-19-2014, 2:47 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch J View Post
OK, Update for today,
I was told by Carol that we should expect the .308 lowers n 2-3 weeks.
And thats cool by me as long as I know so I can keep the War department off my back.
So good News I guess..
Good deal! I got an update today via email (request sent last night) too, which is why I asked.
Old 02-19-2014, 4:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrag321 View Post
Could you describe what you did to make the TM lower work? Would be great if we could use these for other companies lowers also. Pics too maybe if you are feeling generous.
I am out of town right now so I can't take a picture until this weekend. On the lower, there is a raised area around the mag release button that was preventing the right jig plate from sitting flush due to the design of the jig plate. I milled out some material on the jig so that it would sit flush with the receiver.

If you hold the jig plate up against the lower, you can probably figure out the area that needs to be removed on the jig plate. You may not need to modify your jig in the exact same way as I did.

I haven't used the jig yet, but I am now able to assemble the jig and the lower together so I have no reason to believe that it wouldn't work with this modification.
Old 02-19-2014, 4:08 PM

2 weeks! 2 weeks! Starting to sound like a parrot.
Old 02-19-2014, 6:52 PM

just viewed the easy jig video on youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiHdV5slQps

thanks for getting that up and running....

"Comparison is the thief of joy" T. Roosevelt

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." J.Cooper
Old 02-20-2014, 3:13 PM

Just curious are the jigs still on a 4 week wait or has it become longer with the soaring popularity?
Old 02-21-2014, 5:30 AM

I order my jig Jan.30th and it may be shipping today or monday. The site still says 4 week BO, but if your ordering a .308 its 12 weeks !!! Glad Im not waiting on a .308 Lowers are still 8 weeks which sucks if you get your easy jig then have to wait ANOTHER month to be able to use it.
Old 02-21-2014, 8:14 AM

Quote:
I order my jig Jan.30th and it may be shipping today or monday. The site still says 4 week BO, but if your ordering a .308 its 12 weeks !!! Glad Im not waiting on a .308 Lowers are still 8 weeks which sucks if you get your easy jig then have to wait ANOTHER month to be able to use it.
Thanks might put my order in today for the AR-15 jig and start my wait.
Old 02-24-2014, 5:13 AM

Jes, Is the lower in the picture 80% Arms bead blasted model ? That is pretty much the exact finish Im looking for.
Old 02-24-2014, 6:36 PM

Quote:
Jes, Is the lower in the picture 80% Arms bead blasted model ? That is pretty much the exact finish Im looking for.

Yes it is.
Old 02-27-2014, 5:28 PM

Well I finally got my Easy Jig. Love it although I did screw up a lower totally my fault. Has anyone found any other lowers that fit the easy jig without having to alter the jig? I did see where someone said a QD would fit but Im curious if anyone has found any other lowers that will work. Having the jig and waiting 8 weeks for a lower is just crazy. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-27-2014, 8:08 PM

You can try these, Might work for you.
https://www.coatscarbinecompany.com/...receivers.html
Old 02-27-2014, 8:54 PM

It was told to me that the cnc80 or the JL billet jig will fit the 80% arms lower for the ar15. I am wondering if it will work the other way and it will fit into the easy jig. I am wanting to buy a used jig from someone or a new one they dont want to test it out!
Old 02-28-2014, 4:42 AM

Mitch, Do you know of anyone that have tried the Coats lowers ? If so did any modifications need to be made ? Just dont want to be stuck with a paperweight I cant do anything with. I appreciate any suggestions.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:43 PM

I'm mot sure, but I think Tactical Machining Jigs will work. Might ask some others to confirm.
I have a Coats lower, but I don't have a 80% jig to test it in...
Old 02-28-2014, 1:03 PM

Mitch I thought you HAD the 80% Arms easy jig , No ?
Old 02-28-2014, 5:49 PM

I believe I read your waiting on the .308 I think you will be impressed by the jig, very solid and well made. I ordered the ar15 jig and as stated I got it in the 4 weeks. I find it ridiculous to have to wait 8 weeks for lowers though, but it is what it is. I ordered a QD lower just to see how it works out. I hope after the jigs all get out there guys will post what other brand lowers will fit in the jig.
Old 03-01-2014, 2:39 AM

Mitch, Thanks for the tip I ordered a lower from where you suggested and one from QD. Ill let you know which fits best. Thanks again.
Old 03-03-2014, 9:45 AM

Quote:
Mitch, Thanks for the tip I ordered a lower from where you suggested and one from QD. Ill let you know which fits best. Thanks again.
In very interested in this. Please let all of us know!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Old 03-03-2014, 4:58 PM

As soon as they arrive I will try them for fit and give you all an update.
Old 03-04-2014, 8:01 PM
Calguns Addict

Are you sure the QD lowers aren't 6061? That is what they have been making them out of for years.

-Mb
Old 03-04-2014, 11:25 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Just checking in again, we are here for you if anyone needs an order update or if you need help with an Easy Jig. Feel free to call or email, we reply to all of them promptly.

Apologize of the long lead times on lowers, we are doing everything possible to reduce that. It should get a little better as we've been able to up our weekly production a bit. Hoping to be able to knock a few weeks off the backorder soon.

As far as a universal Easy Jig, it's in the works. Given the current backorder on the Easy Jig though, our immediate concern is just getting our backorder times down.

80% Arms
12282 Monarch St.
Garden Grove, CA 92841

Old 03-04-2014, 11:28 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese Falcon View Post
You could very well be correct. I have no other reference than my (admittedly lax) memory from some vague post on Aimsmall GBuys.

If true then 7075 would be a real pain from my experience.

Agreed, 7075 is pain to machine on any jig. We make lowers from both alloys and highly recommend our less expensive 6061 lowers. Added practical benefits of 7075 are virtually nil.

80% Arms
12282 Monarch St.
Garden Grove, CA 92841

Old 03-06-2014, 2:54 PM

**UPDATE** Coates Carbine lowers although very NICE do NOT fit the easy jig. I guess Ill have to try and finish it with my universal jig Its made from 7075 so I guess its going to be a bear to do.
Old 03-13-2014, 2:46 PM

Like the other posters here have said, The QD lower fits perfect very slight protrusion from the trigger guard on the bottom. There are a few things I like better about the 80%arms lower but the 8 week back order is forcing me to look elsewhere. I had gotten a Coates Arms lower liked the fact it had safe/fire markings, rear pocket was already milled out BUT did not fit in the easy jig.
Old 03-25-2014, 4:06 PM

.308 lower and ez-jig arrived!