Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Camping, Hiking and Outdoor Activities
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Camping, Hiking and Outdoor Activities Camping, hiking, and other outdoor activities within.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-20-2018, 9:21 AM
omgwtfbbq's Avatar
omgwtfbbq omgwtfbbq is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: North Sac Valley
Posts: 3,188
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default Looking For a Good Bushcrafting Campsite In Norcal

Hey there folks!

Myself and few buddies are interested in doing some primitive or dispersed camping this spring, and honestly, I know too much about legal primitive camping in Northern CA. As a child, we did a lot of off-road camping with my dad, but I've recently realized we were pretty much trespassing every time. /oops!

Anyways, I'm looking for a secluded area where my buddies and I can practice shelter building (with downed timber/debris) and other camp based bush crafting tasks. Totally fine getting whatever permits are necessary as well. I want to do it by the book.

As for preferred location, anything from Sacramento to Mt Shasta is fair game. Thanks in advance for your insight!
__________________
CERTIFIED GLOCK ARMORER

"Far and away the best prize life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorris7556 View Post
They teach you secret stuff I can't mention on line.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-20-2018, 9:27 AM
Red-Osier77's Avatar
Red-Osier77 Red-Osier77 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: 209
Posts: 8,261
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgwtfbbq View Post
Hey there folks!

Myself and few buddies are interested in doing some primitive or dispersed camping this spring, and honestly, I know too much about legal primitive camping in Northern CA. As a child, we did a lot of off-road camping with my dad, but I've recently realized we were pretty much trespassing every time. /oops!

Anyways, I'm looking for a secluded area where my buddies and I can practice shelter building (with downed timber/debris) and other camp based bush crafting tasks. Totally fine getting whatever permits are necessary as well. I want to do it by the book.

As for preferred location, anything from Sacramento to Mt Shasta is fair game. Thanks in advance for your insight!
I'm in the same boat looking for spots away from people and established campsites.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-20-2018, 9:31 AM
daveinwoodland's Avatar
daveinwoodland daveinwoodland is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,438
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Have a great suggestion but it is so remote that you really need to be prepared for anything. The road to get out to the area can be impassable based on weather conditions but once there you'll be pretty much isolated with maybe a stray gold prospector here or there.

Last time I was there we had a mountain lion that let us know it was in the area so if you decide on this area be prepared:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moores_Flat,_California
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-20-2018, 11:36 AM
omgwtfbbq's Avatar
omgwtfbbq omgwtfbbq is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: North Sac Valley
Posts: 3,188
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveinwoodland View Post
Have a great suggestion but it is so remote that you really need to be prepared for anything. The road to get out to the area can be impassable based on weather conditions but once there you'll be pretty much isolated with maybe a stray gold prospector here or there.

Last time I was there we had a mountain lion that let us know it was in the area so if you decide on this area be prepared:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moores_Flat,_California
Thanks Dave!

During the dry season, can the road be traveled by a 2-wheel drive truck? I didn't splurge for the 4x4.
__________________
CERTIFIED GLOCK ARMORER

"Far and away the best prize life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorris7556 View Post
They teach you secret stuff I can't mention on line.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-13-2018, 12:10 PM
Sapperforward's Avatar
Sapperforward Sapperforward is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Greater Sacramento Area
Posts: 2,724
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Several established locations near Mormon Emigrant Trail. I can't give exact coordinates but you should probably be able to google fu something.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:37 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.