Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > WTB (Want To Buy)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

WTB (Want To Buy) Looking for an item? This is the place to post it! Read the rules before posting.

Old 10-08-2012, 8:46 PM
CGSSA Director - C3 Leader & Regional Gun Show Booth Coordinator (LA/OC/IE)
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Talking Los Angeles/Orange county Christmas AK Build Party.**********.

Post here if you want to be on the guest list for the:

Los Angeles/Orange County AK Build Party **** Dec. Sat the 8th & Sun the 9th 2012****

These are 2 separate 1 day build parties. Please sign up for either one, or both if you have two kits you'd like to build.

There will be a charge of $80 for the event (each day) to offset the cost of electricity, tool replacement costs and general chaos.

Rules:

• Mandatory. First time builders please read THIS tutorial. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=292985

• How to lock the folding butt stocks. http://calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=185188

•Limited Builder Guest List, first come first serve. Must be at least 18 years old, or with parent.

• Bring a kit that has a barrel already head spaced and populated. No virgin barrel work is to be done.

• Demill as much of your kit as you can before the party and have it ready for assembly.

• Contact me if you need a barrel work done (head space, barrel population,etc.) before the party, no virgin barrel work will be performed during the party, no exceptions. We offer quick turn around time and reasonable rates.

• 1 AK build per person LIMIT per day. Bending extra flats at the end is OK. (Recommended to bring an extra flat as a backup just in case a mistake is made on the first.)

• NEW AKBuilder bent and trimmed flats ONLY (NDS is OK). NO Tapco flats!!!

• You must spray down each and every part with Brake Parts Cleaner BEFORE you put them inside the blast cabinet and then spray them down AGAIN and let them completly air dry BEFORE putting them into the parkerizing solution.

• Please Do Not bring your dog/pets.

• NO picture taking of ANY attendees will be permitted other than by the helpers. (Documenting YOUR build is OKAY but no face shots of any other builder or helper other than yourself please.)

• DO NOT bring ANYONE that is NOT on the Guest List unless I okayed them already in advance.

Party Time:

Build Party Officially begins:

Sat. Dec 8th, 2012 9AM-8PM

Sun. Dec 9th 2012 9AM-8PM

Bring:

Drinks, Ice ,Water, Ice Chest ,Snacks, Chairs, Folding Table, Smiles

Needed Items:

Rifle/gun case
DREMEL (If you have one bring it)
PUNCH SET
BRAKE CLEANER
PAPER TOWELS

Barrel work (head spacing, barrel population,etc); YES, I'll be taking a limited number of barrels before the party, a small fee will be applied for the work, this will be approached on the first come first serve basis, since time is of the essence please contact me ASAP.

Party location; LA/OC, the final instructions will be sent a few days before the party to confirmed builders "only". Because of the location, there's no room for others who just want to observe, sorry about that.

Reservations; Sorry guys but like I said this party is approached on the first come first serve basis, I'll not reserve any spots for "potential" attendees, I just want to make this fair for everyone, If you would like to attend please post your interest in this thread, no PM reservations will be taken, good luck.

With the size of the party at this location, and wanting to move things along smoothly, we're only going to build AKM's. No Saiga or PSL builds this time around. Thanks.

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable. George S. Patton

Last edited by mrlonewolf; 10-10-2012 at 2:27 PM.. Reason: typos.
Old 10-08-2012, 8:48 PM

If you want to build on a 100% (DROS'ed) receiver, we highly recommend Nodak Spud's NDS receivers. They are fully heat treated and the best out there.

For the one's who want the challenge of building it from the ground up with a "flat", this is what you're building on. In addition to the flat, you will need a set of rivets, center support, US made trigger group, trigger group retainer, and a couple more US made parts to be 922r compliant.

For your building supplies. Receivers, flats, rivets, center supports, compliance parts, trigger groups.
http://www.nodakspud.com/page2.htm
http://ak-builder.com/index.php?disp...ategory_id=189
http://www.solartactical.com/
http://www.desertfoxsales.com/

What to expect?
Some of the things you will be doing:
Bending flats
Heat treating metal
Using a drill press and dremel
Spot welding
Riveting
Media blasting/metal prep
Parkarizing

Please check out the AK Build Party Tutorial.
http://calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=292985

Also keep in mind that at these build parties it typically takes about 11 hours to finish, from bending a flat all of the way to applying the parkarize finish.

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable. George S. Patton

Last edited by mrlonewolf; 10-13-2012 at 8:04 AM..
Old 10-08-2012, 8:48 PM

OK, for the new builders interested in doing this.

We build on "stamped" kits. Milled kits are something else, so when you look for your kit, look for a "stamped" kit.

This is the ideal kit that you want. It's an original, uncut barrel kit. This is ready for building. However, these kits are harder and harder to get because of the 2005 barrel import ban. To find these kits, search online retailers, gunbroker, and market place forums. Matching numbers is a must. That means the numbers (at least) on the bolt, bolt carrier (although not critical on the BC), and the front trunnion match. That means it is properly headspaced and safe.

These are the kits that are now available. Kits without original barrels, ones where you need to supply the barrel as well as headspace and populate. The numbers don't need to match on these kits because the new barrel has to be headspaced anyway.

For a $90 nominal fee and any shipping, we can get you ready to build. We will take that surplus barrel and headspace it to your front trunnion, and populate it with the rear sight base, hand guard retainer, gas block, and front sight ahead of the BP date. Please PM me if you need this work performed.

Last edited by mrlonewolf; 10-13-2012 at 8:07 AM..
Old 10-08-2012, 8:49 PM

Sat. Dec. the 8th.

(10) builders limit...... FULL.

1. LD1988
2. Kainatos.
3. Roach Infinity.
4. Valley82
5. p220nut
6. geofry666.
7. glorified welder.
8. czp01.
9. DJMayors.
10. Jrenner.

We have a Full house.

Sun. Dec. the 9th.

(13) builders limit...... Full.

1. Sass2924.
2. Magtiki
3. Magtiki +1.
4. Artoaster
5. AKNupe.
6. Rchungoner.
7. Biglou85
8. Biglou85 +1
9. AKNupe +1
10.Madddcow
11. Dhena81.
12. Commloss
13. Commloss +1

Full House

Last edited by mrlonewolf; 12-07-2012 at 3:03 PM..
Old 10-09-2012, 8:55 PM
CGN Contributor

I would like to attend, I had a blast last time and I think I will be more prepared this go. Saturday is great. Thanx mrlonewolf
Old 10-09-2012, 8:56 PM
CGN Contributor

I will bring the pan dulce, tortillas chips and legit salsa
Old 10-10-2012, 12:11 AM

Default Ak build party

I would be very interested in attending please pm info if I'm accpted.

Thanks
Craig
Old 10-10-2012, 8:04 AM

I wanna go! Saturday is best for me, but if push comes to shove I can make either day.

-Eric
Old 10-10-2012, 8:44 AM
Veteran Member

Saturday would be great! But PM sent for special Build.
Old 10-10-2012, 2:15 PM

Default build party

I would like to attend on Sat. if spot is available..

pm sent.

Old 10-10-2012, 6:26 PM

I'd take a spot on either day. Saturday preferred. But either works.

thanks,

Geoff
geofry666
Old 10-10-2012, 7:28 PM

Smile I would like to be a part of the x-mas AK build party!!

Hello, I would really like to be a part of this Build party as I want to work with others that have done this as this will be my first build! I have read what is needed and I am trying to locate the kits to buy that match the specs you give. Do you have any kits that we could pay for at this location along with the $80 addmision fee? and how offten do you have these parties as I have about 5 friends who also want to come and do this but I'm not sure if you will have room as it does sound like it gets pretty full fast?

Do you ever have a small class that my friends and I could go to and if so what how much would this cost and how many people do you have to have for this to be worth your wild?

Thanks!!!!
BamfAK47
Old 10-10-2012, 10:36 PM

Sign me up for saturday
Old 10-10-2012, 11:29 PM

Sign me up for Saturday. Have an underfolder kit that I need to put together. Thanks.
Old 10-11-2012, 7:52 AM

I'd like to be added to the list for sat
Old 10-11-2012, 7:47 PM

im very interested. always been wanting to learn. any day is fine. this will be my first build also.

just like bam's question should i buy a particular kit from akbuilder or can you please pm me in regards to a kit i can purchase.

thanks.
leo.
Old 10-11-2012, 8:15 PM
Super Moderator

Bump

69Mach1
munkeeboi
TURBOELKY
antix2
WTSGDYBBR
tujungatoes
jmpgnr24K
Old 10-11-2012, 9:13 PM

long time stalker here. been waitin to get my parts together before i started buggin people. i have a romy g kit already demilled and parked, and 2 akbuilder flats and im chompin at the bit for my first build. im in if you'll have me. i have punches and dremil and bits also.
Old 10-11-2012, 9:16 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I'll sign on for Sun. Dec. the 9th.
“Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.” — Robert A. Heinlein

“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds” — Samuel Adams
Old 10-13-2012, 7:55 AM

Bump.

Old 10-13-2012, 1:39 PM

Default I'm in

Wow that filled up fast!
I need 2 spots for Sunday the 9th, I have two kits .... I will be building one and my dad will be building the other. Should be a fun father son project day!!!

Can I also put my name on the Saturday waitlist for one spot please.

I will read thru all the links again but I am pretty sure my kits need at least headspacing checked .
Old 10-13-2012, 6:02 PM

Thank you Mr wolf for getting my name on the list.

What do I need to do about asking you to check the headspace on my two kits? Or should I say please please please check the headspace please!! I'm just excited to get to build with the AK Team!!!!!!
Old 10-14-2012, 11:59 AM

Pm sent.

Old 10-14-2012, 2:03 PM

Put me down for Sunday. Thank you.

You generally run out of time before you run out of ammo.

NRA Member [/FONT***] 
[

Former NRA Member
CGF Member

Last edited by artoaster; 10-14-2012 at 2:06 PM..
Old 10-14-2012, 9:08 PM

hell yeah! thanks for puttin me up! i cant wait. do any of you guys have any recomendations on what 922r parts to get?i have the tapco triggergroup and ak builder flat so thats 4. iwas thinkin about a brake and grip, or magazine.are thereany problems with us mags or any preference either way?
Old 10-14-2012, 9:18 PM

per my PM. I am in for Sunday.
Old 10-15-2012, 7:45 AM

thanks mrlonewolf. I can't wait.
Old 10-15-2012, 8:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrenner View Post
hell yeah! thanks for puttin me up! i cant wait. do any of you guys have any recomendations on what 922r parts to get?i have the tapco triggergroup and ak builder flat so thats 4. iwas thinkin about a brake and grip, or magazine.are thereany problems with us mags or any preference either way?
Muzzle brake (#5) is a clean option that I like to recommend.
If import barrel, than replace grip. If US barrel, than your set. (#6)

Personally, I do no like the US mags. They have to be filed in certain places to make them work; in contrast the surplus mags fit right in. Most builders who do have the US 10 rounds mags end up liking the look of the surplus 10/30 mags instead.
Old 10-15-2012, 9:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caiman View Post
Muzzle brake (#5) is a clean option that I like to recommend.
If import barrel, than replace grip. If US barrel, than your set. (#6)

Personally, I do no like the US mags. They have to be filed in certain places to make them work; in contrast the surplus mags fit right in. Most builders who do have the US 10 rounds mags end up liking the look of the surplus 10/30 mags instead.

awesome. grip and brake it is. thanks.
Old 10-15-2012, 9:17 PM

Update.

WOW....

I'm trying to reply to all your PMs as fast as I can.

Confirmed builders: Thank you for your replies and comments.

Interested members: Yes, we do have a limited amount of kits available to the AK BP attendees only.

I want to make this user friendly, so I'm planning and working with our CA friendly suppliers. An all inclusive package (Kit, flat, rivets, center support, fire control group, ret. plate, etc) is coming up shortly....

Last edited by mrlonewolf; 10-15-2012 at 9:25 PM..
Old 10-15-2012, 9:32 PM

Hey is there still room on sunday the 9th? I am very much interested it building another kit!
Old 10-15-2012, 9:35 PM

Yup.

Guess what?, you are in.

What are you building?

Old 10-16-2012, 1:15 AM

I'd like to join Sundays build +1 if spots still available... me and me brother want to build amd-65's
Old 10-16-2012, 12:36 PM
CGN Contributor

Mrlonewolf, unfortunately something came up with the family that weekend and I will not be able to get out of it. Please take me off the list, hopefully I will be able to make the next one. Have a great BP.
Old 10-17-2012, 6:10 PM

Bump.

Old 10-18-2012, 5:40 PM

Hopefully there will be build parties sometime early in the new year, once I get tax return money. ;-)
Old 10-19-2012, 10:42 AM

so $80 for the build party. how much for the parts kit needed for the build party? first timer here
Old 10-19-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mAd mOrdigan View Post
so $80 for the build party. how much for the parts kit needed for the build party? first timer here
There are several factors involved that combine in determing the final cost.

type of kit and condition of kit
matching or non-matching
original barrel or US barrel
already populated or not populated

Basic building parts (not kits) on the high end would be about $100. Add $ price of kit and any other accessories that you may want.

Romanian kits tend to be a popular beginners choice due to their relatively low cost.
Old 10-19-2012, 2:06 PM

I'm interested for the build party, but not ready yet. I need to first price the parts, and make sure they're available. If I cant make this one, I'll be good to go for the next one.
Old 10-19-2012, 4:21 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwater View Post
I'm interested for the build party, but not ready yet. I need to first price the parts, and make sure they're available. If I cant make this one, I'll be good to go for the next one.
After you locate a Romy G parts kit itself AK-builder has made shopping for a CA Build Party super easy:

CA Compliant AK Rifle parts shopping list:

AK47 7.62 Flat With Trunnion Holes Top Rail Bent, Stepped & Trimmed $20
(US made 922r 1 part)
http://ak-builder.com/index.php?disp...oduct_id=29823

AKM Fixed Stock Rivet Set $9
http://www.ak-builder.com/index.php?...oduct_id=29975

AK Center Support for 1mm Receivers $7
http://www.ak-builder.com/index.php?...oduct_id=29976

Red Star Arms FCG Pin Retaining Plate $5
http://www.ak-builder.com/index.php?...oduct_id=29836

Tapco G2 Single Hook Trigger (US made 922r 3 parts) $30
http://www.ak-builder.com/index.php?...oduct_id=29979

Slant Brake (US made 922r 1 part) $12
http://www.ak-builder.com/index.php?...oduct_id=29810

Tapco Standard AK Pistol Grip (US made 922r 1 part) $10
http://www.ak-builder.com/index.php?...oduct_id=29981

Mag Lock $38 (CA compliance part)
http://ak-builder.com/index.php?disp...oduct_id=30199

10 Round AK47 Mag $22 (CA compliance part)
http://ak-builder.com/index.php?disp...oduct_id=30172
“This decision is a freedom calculus decided long ago by Colonists who cherished individual freedom more than the subservient security of a British ruler. The freedom they fought for was not free of cost then, and it is not free now.”

Hon. Roger T. Benitez
United States District Judge
March 29, 2019

Last edited by ENTHUSIAST; 10-19-2012 at 4:24 PM..