Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #801  
Old 06-11-2018, 3:51 PM
StuckInCalifornia StuckInCalifornia is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 5
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Just had my appointment today. Dropped off my Livescan form, had my picture taken, then fingerprints. How soon should I expect to hear back from them regarding acceptance/denial?

Just moved back to Stanislaus after a few years in Sac County. I thought Sac County was pretty quick, took a couple weeks to hear back, but sounds like Stanislaus might be even quicker.

Last edited by StuckInCalifornia; 06-11-2018 at 3:55 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #802  
Old 06-13-2018, 4:28 AM
rprockjr rprockjr is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 5
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckInCalifornia View Post
Just had my appointment today. Dropped off my Livescan form, had my picture taken, then fingerprints. How soon should I expect to hear back from them regarding acceptance/denial?

Just moved back to Stanislaus after a few years in Sac County. I thought Sac County was pretty quick, took a couple weeks to hear back, but sounds like Stanislaus might be even quicker.

They will post into permitium which will trigger a notification to you by phone or other means.
Reply With Quote
  #803  
Old 06-16-2018, 2:31 PM
StuckInCalifornia StuckInCalifornia is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 5
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Got my approval notice today! Where is the best place to go for the training course nowadays?
Reply With Quote
  #804  
Old 06-16-2018, 2:38 PM
BassinDmax's Avatar
BassinDmax BassinDmax is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Turlock
Posts: 13
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Vince at Valley Defense puts on a great class
__________________
_____________________________________

Reply With Quote
  #805  
Old 06-16-2018, 4:30 PM
darkarckon darkarckon is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 22
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassinDmax View Post
Vince at Valley Defense puts on a great class
Absolutely. Vince's class (http://www.valleydefense.com/) is great. Just had his class last week. $225 (for initial CCW) well spent. If you don't have holster or a firearm, talk to him before you enroll. He will likely be able to find you something to use for the range portion of the class.

Last edited by darkarckon; 06-16-2018 at 4:33 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #806  
Old 06-16-2018, 4:39 PM
broadside's Avatar
broadside broadside is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 276
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassinDmax View Post
Vince at Valley Defense puts on a great class
Seconded.
Reply With Quote
  #807  
Old 06-16-2018, 5:29 PM
welchy's Avatar
welchy welchy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Модесто
Posts: 1,267
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassinDmax View Post
Vince at Valley Defense puts on a great class
Agreed.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #808  
Old 06-18-2018, 8:40 AM
phdo's Avatar
phdo phdo is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,093
iTrader: 36 / 100%
Default

Can someone update me on the process? My friend just moved to Modesto two months ago and he wants to apply. Heís a nurse that does home visits. Is that enough of a good cause?
__________________
WTB:
2.5" Smith & Wesson Model 19
2.5" Smith & Wesson Model 66
4" Smith & Wesson Model 19
3.5" Smith & Wesson Model 29
Marlin 1894C
Colt Python
Colt Series 70
Sig Sauer P228
HK USP9c
Reply With Quote
  #809  
Old 06-18-2018, 9:34 AM
Lonestargrizzly's Avatar
Lonestargrizzly Lonestargrizzly is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 5,284
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phdo View Post
Can someone update me on the process? My friend just moved to Modesto two months ago and he wants to apply. Heís a nurse that does home visits. Is that enough of a good cause?
Personal protection outside of the home is good cause.
Thats what ive always put.
Reply With Quote
  #810  
Old 06-18-2018, 10:16 AM
phdo's Avatar
phdo phdo is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,093
iTrader: 36 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestargrizzly View Post
Personal protection outside of the home is good cause.
Thats what ive always put.
Do you know the currently timeline?
__________________
WTB:
2.5" Smith & Wesson Model 19
2.5" Smith & Wesson Model 66
4" Smith & Wesson Model 19
3.5" Smith & Wesson Model 29
Marlin 1894C
Colt Python
Colt Series 70
Sig Sauer P228
HK USP9c
Reply With Quote
  #811  
Old 06-18-2018, 10:18 AM
Lonestargrizzly's Avatar
Lonestargrizzly Lonestargrizzly is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 5,284
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phdo View Post
Do you know the currently timeline?
From what ive seen its taking weeks not months to process ccw's
A far cry from the 8 months it took to get mine in 2016
Reply With Quote
  #812  
Old 06-18-2018, 10:56 AM
phdo's Avatar
phdo phdo is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,093
iTrader: 36 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestargrizzly View Post
From what ive seen its taking weeks not months to process ccw's

A far cry from the 8 months it took to get mine in 2016


Is it a fairly simple process? Is there anything that I need to tell him to prepare in advance? Psych eval, written test (like other counties e.g. San Benito), home visits, etc?
__________________
WTB:
2.5" Smith & Wesson Model 19
2.5" Smith & Wesson Model 66
4" Smith & Wesson Model 19
3.5" Smith & Wesson Model 29
Marlin 1894C
Colt Python
Colt Series 70
Sig Sauer P228
HK USP9c
Reply With Quote
  #813  
Old 06-18-2018, 2:59 PM
Lonestargrizzly's Avatar
Lonestargrizzly Lonestargrizzly is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 5,284
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phdo View Post
Is it a fairly simple process? Is there anything that I need to tell him to prepare in advance? Psych eval, written test (like other counties e.g. San Benito), home visits, etc?
None of that.
Reply With Quote
  #814  
Old 07-02-2018, 5:49 PM
StuckInCalifornia StuckInCalifornia is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 5
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phdo View Post
Do you know the currently timeline?
Here's my timeline:

5/20/18: Logged on to schedule appointment. Found one three weeks out.
6/11/18: Appointment lasted 20 minutes. Included showing my ID, turning in my LiveScan form, waiting to be called to go take my photo, then waiting to be called to take my fingerprints.
6/16/18: Received email confirming my permit had been approved.

I did not schedule my training course before getting my approval notice, but had I already completed my training and had the certificate in hand I could have uploaded it on 6/16 and been able to pick up my permit on 6/21. So all in all, roughly one month from the time you apply for an appointment to picking up your permit if you take your course beforehand.

As it stands, my course is this coming weekend so I'll be able to pick my permit up 7/12. Still under two months which is not bad at all considering the long waits in this county and others up until recently.

Last edited by StuckInCalifornia; 07-02-2018 at 5:53 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #815  
Old 07-02-2018, 6:03 PM
phdo's Avatar
phdo phdo is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,093
iTrader: 36 / 100%
Default Stanislaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckInCalifornia View Post
Here's my timeline:



5/20/18: Logged on to schedule appointment. Found one three weeks out.

6/11/18: Appointment lasted 20 minutes. Included showing my ID, turning in my LiveScan form, waiting to be called to go take my photo, then waiting to be called to take my fingerprints.

6/16/18: Received email confirming my permit had been approved.



I did not schedule my training course before getting my approval notice, but had I already completed my training and had the certificate in hand I could have uploaded it on 6/16 and been able to pick up my permit on 6/21. So all in all, roughly one month from the time you apply for an appointment to picking up your permit if you take your course beforehand.



As it stands, my course is this coming weekend so I'll be able to pick my permit up 7/12. Still under two months which is not bad at all considering the long waits in this county and others up until recently.


Do they even call your references? Theyíre quick over there. I donít know how they can get all of it done in a month when other counties take months.
__________________
WTB:
2.5" Smith & Wesson Model 19
2.5" Smith & Wesson Model 66
4" Smith & Wesson Model 19
3.5" Smith & Wesson Model 29
Marlin 1894C
Colt Python
Colt Series 70
Sig Sauer P228
HK USP9c
Reply With Quote
  #816  
Old 07-02-2018, 6:05 PM
StuckInCalifornia StuckInCalifornia is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 5
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phdo View Post
Do they even call your references? Theyíre quick over there. I donít know how they can get all of it done in a month when other counties take months.
You don't list references on the application.
Reply With Quote
  #817  
Old 07-02-2018, 6:07 PM
phdo's Avatar
phdo phdo is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,093
iTrader: 36 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckInCalifornia View Post
You don't list references on the application.


You donít have to list any or itís not asked?
__________________
WTB:
2.5" Smith & Wesson Model 19
2.5" Smith & Wesson Model 66
4" Smith & Wesson Model 19
3.5" Smith & Wesson Model 29
Marlin 1894C
Colt Python
Colt Series 70
Sig Sauer P228
HK USP9c
Reply With Quote
  #818  
Old 07-02-2018, 6:09 PM
StuckInCalifornia StuckInCalifornia is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 5
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phdo View Post
You donít have to list any or itís not asked?
It's not asked. They ask for previous addresses, spouse, employer, traffic violations, other personal questions, etc. But that's about it. Pretty painless application.
Reply With Quote
  #819  
Old 07-02-2018, 6:10 PM
phdo's Avatar
phdo phdo is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,093
iTrader: 36 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckInCalifornia View Post
It's not asked. They ask for previous addresses, spouse, employer, traffic violations, other personal questions, etc. But that's about it. Pretty painless application.


Man alive! I think I have to move to Modesto.
__________________
WTB:
2.5" Smith & Wesson Model 19
2.5" Smith & Wesson Model 66
4" Smith & Wesson Model 19
3.5" Smith & Wesson Model 29
Marlin 1894C
Colt Python
Colt Series 70
Sig Sauer P228
HK USP9c
Reply With Quote
  #820  
Old 07-03-2018, 12:54 AM
Lonestargrizzly's Avatar
Lonestargrizzly Lonestargrizzly is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 5,284
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phdo View Post
Man alive! I think I have to move to Modesto.
Save your money and just move out of state.
Its easy here but imagine constitutional carry
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 2:54 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.