Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 06-10-2018, 9:56 AM

Default Where are the efforts to get a judge to block California?

This is frustrating. Democrats get liberal judges to block anything they don't like, or mandate anything they do like. Why can't we find a conservative judge to impose an injunction on California blocking all these measures that infringe on people's constitutional rights while the issue may be litigated more fully? Is no one pursuing that?

Last edited by nunuvyurbiz; 06-10-2018 at 11:38 AM..
Old 06-13-2018, 12:37 AM

Obviously there has been some of that, the problem is that the enemy outnumbers us greatly...and doesn't play by the rules at all.....

How do you beat an enemy that outnumbers you and takes no prisoners?

I would say the exact same way we did it in 1775, but that would get me in trouble by offering that we actually do something about our situation to improve it.... LOL!

P.S come for my guns I F****** dare you
Old 06-13-2018, 8:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by violentmouse View Post
Obviously there has been some of that, the problem is that the enemy outnumbers us greatly...and doesn't play by the rules at all.....

I would say the exact same way we did it in 1775, but that would get me in trouble by offering that we actually do something about our situation to improve it.... LOL!
You are so correct. The revolution was partially about taxation/gun removal without representation. Kind of Like now.
Old 06-13-2018, 9:47 AM

A tad off topic but it seems like we need to divide to conquer. Let's start by voting for splitting CA into three parts this November.

https://cal3.com/
Old 06-13-2018, 10:01 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

All Cal3 does is cement the progressive majority and make it worse for those of us who will remain trapped in NorCal or Cal. Thanks but no thanks. But I may vote for it anyway as anything that creates chaos and hate and discontent in CA is to be applauded and supported these days.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:04 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnote View Post
A tad off topic but it seems like we need to divide to conquer. Let's start by voting for splitting CA into three parts this November.

Bad idea. Look at the proposed boundaries. If it passes, you'll California double, or triple, it's influence in the Senate.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:05 AM

Nobody wants this to happen.

Democrats don't want to split the electoral college votes, Republicans don't want more Democrat Senators.

And the thousands of square miles of red counties in NorCal don't want to remain under the boot of Frisco.

Quote:

Old 06-13-2018, 10:06 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunuvyurbiz View Post
This is frustrating. Democrats get liberal judges to block anything they don't like, or mandate anything they do like. Why can't we find a conservative judge to impose an injunction on California blocking all these measures that infringe on people's constitutional rights while the issue may be litigated more fully? Is no one pursuing that?
No one is pursing it.

Unfortunately, liberals value outcomes (like Roe v Wade) over process (process? what process?), whereas conservatives value process over outcome. That's why conservatives appoint "originalist" judges who believe in following the Constitution as a legal document. That's unfortunate. I would like to see some "living document" conservative judges. Only a sucker plays "fair" when the other side is playing for "keeps".
Old 06-13-2018, 10:07 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp55 View Post
All Cal3 does is cement the progressive majority and make it worse for those of us who will remain trapped in NorCal or Cal. Thanks but no thanks. But I may vote for it anyway as anything that creates chaos and hate and discontent in CA is to be applauded and supported these days.
That's pretty much my opinion. It's a gerrymander that will create 3 liberal states and 0 conservative states. And yes I will also vote for it for the same reasons you say. Because there's no chance of it actually happening.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:16 AM
No Prisoners!
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

My solution: I'm selling my house next year and I'm going to GTFO of Commiefornia. This will relieve me from the BS laws and from having to read this forum which appears to be run by weak cucks.

CA is doomed, move to Texas, Nevada, Arizona, Idaho, etc.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator

Politics, not litigation. Moved.

There is no value at all complaining or analyzing or reading tea leaves to decide what these bills really mean or actually do; any bill with a chance to pass will be bad for gun owners.

The details only count after the Governor signs the bills.

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 06-13-2018, 11:13 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

No way in hell!

Notice it creates 3 leftist states instead of one? That means the leftists get to triple their number of senators.

Notice they completely ignore the decades old State of Jefferson movement and come up with their own completely unknown breakup that magically finds its way on the ballot in the blink of an eye, when Jefferson can't get on the ballot despite being around for decades?

It's because Jefferson would create a conservative state versus their 3 leftist states.

“I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!” - Senator Barry Goldwater
Old 06-13-2018, 11:49 AM
CGSSA OC Chapter Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunuvyurbiz View Post
Not sure if you are paying enough attention. Virtually EVERY law and/or regulation of late HAS been litigated. We LOST the roster case. LOST the previous AW registration case, LOST latest AW registration regs case, and other than a few small (temporary) exceptions, we LOST most every case brought against CA tyranny.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:55 AM
CGSSA OC Chapter Leader

Quote:

Again, everyone likes to bring up the 1776 patriots as an example of revolution. Remember, the colonists were rebelling against a government almost 4 THOUSAND miles away at a time when the only conveyance (ship) did about 5-10 knots and was MONTHS away! Think how well the rebels would have done with their muskets if they were standing in Trafalgar Square!

CA is HERE! "They" can be in YOUR house in a mater of MINUTES (or HOURS) NOT MONTHS!!! And furthermore, our cause is not nearly as popular as the colonists. While the colonists may have had the sympathy as as many as 40 or 50% of the population, our numbers are less than a few percent of the total population. We really need to STOP harkening back to a revolution that has little in factual similarity to our situation.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:08 PM
Calguns Addict

Splitting CA like suggested into 3 new states is a Democratic dream come true.

This can not be.

Instead, start & support the split with SoJ, this will more likely (than not), lead to better amicable splits later that would, IMHO, favor the conservative side.

Giving into this 3way just like in a marriage, foster even more hostilities between the us vs them mentality.

Sadly the many in (southern) CA will not support SoJ as they fell left out, an as we all know, "misery loves company".

But do it anyway !
Old 06-13-2018, 12:35 PM

Sorry everyone for taking this off topic with the split CA thing. Looking at the map, I thought the "Southern California" portion would be more conservative. Didn't think it through especially on the additional liberal senators at the Fed level.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Sorry everyone for taking this off topic with the split CA thing. Looking at the map, I thought the "Southern California" portion would be more conservative. Didn't think it through especially on the additional liberal senators at the Fed level.
Just by looking at election results by county, the Southern CA definitely would be more conservative... If the Southern CA region ended up with 2 republican senators, then the senate split would stay the same -- Democrats would get 2 more (Norcal), and Republicans would get 2 more (Socal). The Cal region would be the 2 democratic senators that we already have. I'm not totally opposed to this on the surface but I'm sure there are a ton of legislative issues with this.

But to answer the OP, they have tried, but when the superior courts are all judged by liberals, those injunctions don't last long.
Old 06-13-2018, 1:35 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssick92 View Post
Just by looking at election results by county, the Southern CA definitely would be more conservative... If the Southern CA region ended up with 2 republican senators, then the senate split would stay the same -- Democrats would get 2 more (Norcal), and Republicans would get 2 more (Socal). The Cal region would be the 2 democratic senators that we already have. I'm not totally opposed to this on the surface but I'm sure there are a ton of legislative issues with this.
The southmost counties are blue. And those southmost counties have far more population than the rest of the red counties. It will be a blue state just like the other 2. Why do you think they included the Bay Area and Sacramento in the traditionally red north? This whole 3 state plan is macro gerrymandering by the left.

“I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!” - Senator Barry Goldwater
Old 06-13-2018, 1:52 PM

Quote:

Terrible idea. Basically SF and LA get their own states.
Old 06-13-2018, 1:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
My solution: I'm selling my house next year and I'm going to GTFO of Commiefornia. This will relieve me from the BS laws and from having to read this forum which appears to be run by weak cucks.

Calls people cucks
Runs away
Doesn't realize the trend in half the states he listed

SMH
Old 06-13-2018, 2:21 PM

if NRA acts more like BLM, we wouldnt be in this **** hole.

maybe we would be in a **** hole, but it wont be this deep
Old 06-13-2018, 6:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1dude View Post
The southmost counties are blue. And those southmost counties have far more population than the rest of the red counties. It will be a blue state just like the other 2. Why do you think they included the Bay Area and Sacramento in the traditionally red north? This whole 3 state plan is macro gerrymandering by the left.
San Diego went red in the primaries for all the major offices, but ya it is definitely large scale gerrymandering.

Best we can hope for is Cox to win governor but that is a long shot at best...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 06-13-2018, 8:27 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp55 View Post
Yup. Anything to help the destruction of California is a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post

This is the only answer if you value your freedom. Otherwise stay and obey your Masters like good sheep.
Old 06-13-2018, 8:37 PM

The problem is the idea of "liberal" or "conservative" judges. Judges are supposed to be impartial and unbiased.

And since conservative minded folks tend to be rational, and have a conscience, "conservative" minded judges tend to side with the law before their personal beliefs.

THose of us who are moral and honorable are a dying breed.
Old 06-14-2018, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam6955 View Post
The problem is the idea of "liberal" or "conservative" judges. Judges are supposed to be impartial and unbiased.

And since conservative minded folks tend to be rational, and have a conscience, "conservative" minded judges tend to side with the law before their personal beliefs.

THose of us who are moral and honorable are a dying breed.
Oh I totally get that. If they're going to use judges to legislate from the bench, then maybe we should too. There's no point to playing fair if the other side is going to operate without principle.
Old 06-14-2018, 12:42 PM

At the end of the day all everyone needs is some clarification on laws. Unfortunately the Supreme Court has refused to hear several cases that could have effected the entire country positively in our favor.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13

Old 06-14-2018, 1:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCmatt View Post
that could have effected the entire country positively in our favor.
"effected the entire country positively". Period. Not in anybody's favor.
Old 06-14-2018, 1:44 PM
AKA: Joe Censored

I miss the days when the Calguns Foundation members would regularly post here with their latest efforts. Even if in the end you are unhappy with the results of those efforts or their claims they were making, it was very motivating. I think it helped push other people into action as feeling as part of a movement.

The NRA continues on all fronts pushing for us, but they tend to communicate through official channels. It doesn't feel as grass roots, something where you showing up counts for something. We've lost the personally invested momentum we had at that time.
Old 06-14-2018, 7:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1dude View Post

It's because Jefferson would create a conservative state versus their 3 leftist states.

Not quite true. Jefferson would create a much more Libertarian than conservative state. The mentality in this neck of the woods is very much live and let live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2018, 8:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAL.BAR View Post
Again, everyone likes to bring up the 1776 patriots as an example of revolution. Remember, the colonists were rebelling against a government almost 4 THOUSAND miles away at a time when the only conveyance (ship) did about 5-10 knots and was MONTHS away! Think how well the rebels would have done with their muskets if they were standing in Trafalgar Square!

CA is HERE! "They" can be in YOUR house in a mater of MINUTES (or HOURS) NOT MONTHS!!! And furthermore, our cause is not nearly as popular as the colonists. While the colonists may have had the sympathy as as many as 40 or 50% of the population, our numbers are less than a few percent of the total population. We really need to STOP harkening back to a revolution that has little in factual similarity to our situation.
uh.....no....read a history book...they would not have called it a war if the red coats had not made landfall... it would have been something else.... blood was spilled on both sides right here on this soil, doesn't matter if it took them 2 years to get here on foot over the russian alaskan land bridge during an epic low tide... we resisted, they came... we won.

Then the civil war....yep the north and south were right here... together seconds apart from each other, often with family members on both sides of the line.....

What everyone keeps missing, the real point... we have no substance.... we have ourselves here bickering back and forth about why nobody is doing anything.... There is no effort to get out in the streets like the BLM movement, because we will never stoop that low.

We see ourselves as being better than them, and for the most part nobody can argue the fact that we are...all those college kids protesting burning cop cars and destroying cities.... they get a pass from the media because it fits the agenda, if we did that, we would be labeled domestic terrorists...

We need grass roots, we need protests... we need to inform the public of whats coming... because after they get rid of your right to keep and bear arms, you have no way to stop them from taking everything else... The ENTIRE reason for the 2nd......

We don't have any politicians with real balls on our side... nobody is willing to risk the plush life we have here.... I highly doubt anyone here would be willing to risk a felony conviction to prove a point, because in doing so would cause them to lose the VERY thing they are fighting for. The left knows this, and uses it against us.

There is no point we can make that will suddenly rally people to our cause...the vast majority of Californians capable of financing such a push long left this chunk of land for greener pastures. All that remains is us, and pretty soon we all will be staring down the barrel of a hard choice... turn them in, or become criminals.

Not everyone can afford to, nor is willing to jump ship, even if it does mean enjoying the freedom almost EVERY other state offers, I understand it all too well...I have educated people in the streets, I have personally brought hundreds of people to the ranges across my county and invited them with open arms into the amazing world of firearms and freedom...All of them now just as willing as I am to fight for this constitutionally protected aspect of our lives...

But what good the will to fight, when the fear of losing your 2A forever overpowers it....The writing is on the wall people...they ARE coming for your guns, and your bullets.... and when Gavin is elected (the fix is in...) he is coming...the pen be mightier than the sword and he will sign EVERY Orwellian bill that makes it's way to his desk. I am sitting here patiently waiting for the decisions on Young, and Nichols so I can start to make plans...predictions anyone? Even if the 9th votes in favor for us, it will be less than 3 days before comrade Thomas files for an en banc turnover...Peruta set the bar, and now we know how they operate... Will the SCOTUS take it ? pretty unlikely, because we are not protesting about it... it is not an issue gaining national attention...why would they bother... as long as we remain the silent majority and do nothing, they can sweep it under the rug and never decide any binding precedent in our favor.

Bottom line....as long as we sit here in the light of our computer screens pissing on each others interwebs posts... flaming people for personal opinion, we are not in the streets making a scene, we are not letting the world know where we stand on the issue...Personally I think flipping half a dozen cop cars in L.A. and setting them ablaze might get the point across, but at the same time it would make us VERY unworthy of the thing we seek to have....There just isn't any way for us to fight this fight without being hypocritical or borderline criminal. So how do we convey our desperation to the rest of the country and gain national support for our movement, while at the same time, not causing a disturbance? Maybe I have revolutionary writers block, but I just cannot see a way to cook an omelet without cracking some eggs....

Correct me if I am wrong in ANY way.

P.S come for my guns I F****** dare you
Old 06-15-2018, 7:23 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
South California would be less liberal than California is now.
Old 06-15-2018, 9:57 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmox View Post
Not quite true. Jefferson would create a much more Libertarian than conservative state. The mentality in this neck of the woods is very much live and let live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're right.

I used the word conservative to reflect the red that prevails on the map. If I used libertarian and leftist, less people would understand the contrast. Everyone gets conservative and leftist or conservative and liberal. But I didn't use liberal either, because that also confuses the issue. We all know they aren't liberals. We are.

Old 06-16-2018, 9:31 AM

It occurs to me that simple math would indicate that if two new states send 4 liberal senators and one new state sends 2 senators that the net vote would still only be two liberal senators as conservative Socal would cancel out Norcal and there would still be two libs making a vote difference in the senate. That being said, splitting the state ain't going to happen and I would vote against it. I've lived here for 70 years and watched this state become a S-hole. The game is lost and no amount of talk on here will change it. The "robin hood" theory that the libs use works and as long as there are people with money, Kalifornia will go down that road.
Old 06-16-2018, 9:37 AM

The three state split is the only way some of us can gain freedom short of armed revolution. Let us go in S. California and you guys can do whatever you want. We want free of the commie North.
Old 06-16-2018, 9:51 AM

I live in Orange County, so I am in Social. I sympathize with my fellow gun owners, and I will most likely die here. I'm just trying to be realistic about the way it will go down.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:06 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodsvet View Post
It occurs to me that simple math would indicate that if two new states send 4 liberal senators and one new state sends 2 senators that the net vote would still only be two liberal senators as conservative Socal would cancel out Norcal and there would still be two libs making a vote difference in the senate.
Take a look at the map of the last election. Southern Cal was overwhelmingly blue. The democrats would get 4 new Senators. The Republicans would get zero new Senators.

Old 06-16-2018, 4:39 PM

My thoughts were that if Socal would stay red, then it would make no difference in the senate. Now if all 3 new states were blue, then it would be a disaster. My quote was predicated on the fact that hopefully one of the three would still be red. If it occurs that all 3 are blue, liberalism will ruin the United States many years sooner than their plan. Like Kruchev said, "we will bury you from within".
Old 06-17-2018, 10:49 AM
Calguns Addict

IIRC a judge did block the magazine bans some time ago !
Old 06-17-2018, 11:41 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAL.BAR View Post
Not sure if you are paying enough attention. Virtually EVERY law and/or regulation of late HAS been litigated. We LOST the roster case. LOST the previous AW registration case, LOST latest AW registration regs case, and other than a few small (temporary) exceptions, we LOST most every case brought against CA tyranny.
My aggravation with this is when fighting the 7 passed infringing bills and prop 63 with petitions (Gunmageddon) the NRA and CRPA gave little support, and only at the very tail end gave some limited awareness. It was too little and way too late.

The excuse was they felt litigation was a better angle. Replies here on Calguns often supported that idea.

I'm still NRA and CRPA and always will be, but I was critical of their lack of support at that time for this very reason. If they had put their full weight into it from the start with media attention, it could have been much more.

On average, each proposition gained only around 150,000 signatures and I blame that primarily on lack of awareness. NRA and CRPA had the means to call for a wider response to the petitions early on and failed.
What compelling interest has any level of government in knowing what guns are owned by civilians? (Those owned by government should be inventoried and tracked, for exactly the same reasons computers and desks and chairs are tracked: responsible care of public property.)

If some level of government had that information, what would they do with it? How would having that info benefit public safety? How would it benefit law enforcement?
Old 06-17-2018, 11:48 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
We need grass roots, we need protests... we need to inform the public of whats coming...

Correct me if I am wrong in ANY way.
Wrong on the above. I agree with most everything you said but this. The quaint "grassroots" BS doesn't work anymore, and rarely ever did in the past.

Any time we try "grassroots" it's a dismal failure. Any time the other side tries "grassroots" it's the same - a failure.

So who do they turn to? George Soros, Michael Bloomberg, big name celebrities and CEOs, big media, super cash-flow with budgets, corporate filings, marketing firms, capital investments firms and more.

And really, we don't need to be "grassroots". We have the NRA and CRPA among others but the failure is inevitably gun owners being apathetic, not voting, and not joining the NRA or CRPA for some distorted selfish reason just to save themselves $25.00 for a month's supply of Cheetos.
What compelling interest has any level of government in knowing what guns are owned by civilians? (Those owned by government should be inventoried and tracked, for exactly the same reasons computers and desks and chairs are tracked: responsible care of public property.)

If some level of government had that information, what would they do with it? How would having that info benefit public safety? How would it benefit law enforcement?