Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1401  
Old 05-19-2017, 4:46 PM
Nor*Cal Nor*Cal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,251
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProlificARProspect View Post
Fact: Fabio is not on our side
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrady@Michel&Associates View Post
Wrong Fabio. I believe they were talking about calguns member "FABIO GETS GOOSED!!!".
  #1402  
Old 05-19-2017, 4:48 PM
Discogodfather's Avatar
Discogodfather Discogodfather is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 4,230
iTrader: 3 / 80%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meno377 View Post
[/B]
You will use anything to push your agenda to register won't you? LOL.
No, because there is no agenda. I'm as depressed as everyone else they took the time to just make the same crap a little stronger, and it angers me to no end.

But pushing featureless is still a big problem, it's just another bad option. I have to read and think and analyze this weeks developments and watch the Michel seminar on the 25th before coming to any conclusion as to what to do.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggie View Post
Someone must put an end to this endless bickering by posting the unadulterated indisputable facts and truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

  #1403  
Old 05-19-2017, 4:49 PM
Rvly's Avatar
Rvly Rvly is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Socal
Posts: 20
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

So the DOJ requested for more funding back in Jan. They expect to receive registrations from "250,000" different owners and this is what they expect will fund the new plan.

What happens if they don't reach that number?
  #1404  
Old 05-19-2017, 4:51 PM
meno377's Avatar
meno377 meno377 is offline
小さな女性
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: (34.2283° N, 118.5358° W), (33.6700° N, 117.7800° W)
Posts: 3,839
iTrader: 60 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
No, because there is no agenda. I'm as depressed as everyone else they took the time to just make the same crap a little stronger, and it angers me to no end.

But pushing featureless is still a big problem, it's just another bad option. I have to read and think and analyze this weeks developments and watch the Michel seminar on the 25th before coming to any conclusion as to what to do.
It's an option that allows you to use a regular magazine release. If you are so into what is safe and what isn't then why don't we discuss bullet buttons?
__________________
In honor of Fjold:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjold View Post
I've been married so long that I don't even look both ways when I cross the street.
Quote:
A society that aims for equality before liberty, will end with neither equality nor liberty.
-Milton Friedman


Quote:
It’s always seemed to me absurd that you make 100% of the people to do something, in order to make sure that 1 or 2% of the people don’t behave badly.
-Milton Friedman
  #1405  
Old 05-19-2017, 4:52 PM
Nor*Cal Nor*Cal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,251
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvly View Post
So the DOJ requested for more funding back in Jan. They expect to receive registrations from "250,000" different owners and this is what they expect will fund the new plan.

What happens if they don't reach that number?
Or when their system crashes because it can't support the volume of high resolution pictures?
  #1406  
Old 05-19-2017, 4:52 PM
Wiz-of-Awd's Avatar
Wiz-of-Awd Wiz-of-Awd is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Where I'm at ;)
Posts: 3,558
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor*Cal View Post
Wrong Fabio. I believe they were talking about calguns member "FABIO GETS GOOSED!!!".
Many think that FABIO, is FABIO, as it is believed that he is indeed a calguns member.

A.W.D.
__________________
Quote:
Seven. The answer is always seven.
  #1407  
Old 05-19-2017, 4:53 PM
Discogodfather's Avatar
Discogodfather Discogodfather is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 4,230
iTrader: 3 / 80%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meno377 View Post
LOL. That's why you train. Are you gonna tell someone who just purchased one of these below that it's completely unsafe while they are legal to purchase?

I bought the stock and put it on a rifle. And yes, in certain situations it's unsafe, regardless of the amount of training. Definitely less safe than a pistol grip. It's not a bad option, but it's severely crippling your ability to control the rifle in high stress situations.

Now show me the options that are anywhere near this well thought out and designed for other rifles. They don't exist. All we have is a bunch of terrible kydex, or worse, no grip at all!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggie View Post
Someone must put an end to this endless bickering by posting the unadulterated indisputable facts and truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

  #1408  
Old 05-19-2017, 4:54 PM
Scott0san Scott0san is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 81
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Whats amazing is they only let us purchase "Safe" hand guns
But want to re-engineer semi autos so they are completely unsafe
  #1409  
Old 05-19-2017, 4:55 PM
jcwatchdog jcwatchdog is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,928
iTrader: 81 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
You're making a logical mistake. You can in fact wrap your thumb around a conventional stock. I can't believe you didn't realize this man, you got to think about these things for more than a few minutes.

It depends on what type of featureless. Yes, grip wraps are a little cumbersome, but a very cheap way to solve a problem (especially with AKs). If you want featureless and something along the lines of a real rifle feel, the Thordsen stock works well. It looks stupid and is much more expensive, but it works well. Monster man is surprising good for AKs, I have not tried the ar15 version. But you can "grip" the monster man. Just from below with your whole hand. Also there is the exile machine fin, which has a stumpy grip sticking out out sideways, and surprisingly feels like you're actually gripping the pistol grip. But as you know featureless has been used long before any of these AW regs came out. I haven't heard of any accidents using grip wraps, or all the other variations. It just boils down to comfort. I don't think you can legally make a case that these are dangerous when there isn't any documented instances of an issue.
  #1410  
Old 05-19-2017, 4:55 PM
Nor*Cal Nor*Cal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,251
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiz-of-Awd View Post
Many think that FABIO, is FABIO, as it is believed that he is indeed a calguns member.

A.W.D.
That, I did not know. Interesting... thanks.
  #1411  
Old 05-19-2017, 4:56 PM
Discogodfather's Avatar
Discogodfather Discogodfather is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 4,230
iTrader: 3 / 80%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meno377 View Post
It's an option that allows you to use a regular magazine release. If you are so into what is safe and what isn't then why don't we discuss bullet buttons?
I agree a BB is also unsafe. Just far less so.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggie View Post
Someone must put an end to this endless bickering by posting the unadulterated indisputable facts and truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

  #1412  
Old 05-19-2017, 4:57 PM
Nor*Cal Nor*Cal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,251
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott0san View Post
Whats amazing is they only let us purchase "Safe" hand guns
But want to re-engineer semi autos so they are completely unsafe
But of course, we all know none of this or the roster has ANYTHING to do with safety. They could care less about our safety.
  #1413  
Old 05-19-2017, 4:59 PM
Discogodfather's Avatar
Discogodfather Discogodfather is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 4,230
iTrader: 3 / 80%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor*Cal View Post
But of course, we all know none of this or the roster has ANYTHING to do with safety. They could care less about our safety.
What are you talking about? AW (or a standard rifle) is used in like .2% of crimes and shooting deaths, aren't you concerned about the children?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggie View Post
Someone must put an end to this endless bickering by posting the unadulterated indisputable facts and truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

  #1414  
Old 05-19-2017, 5:01 PM
fairfaxjim's Avatar
fairfaxjim fairfaxjim is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Fairfax, CA
Posts: 2,146
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

I don't see anything that mentions changes except:

5477. Registration of Assault Weapons Pursuant to Penal Code Section 30900(b)(1); Post-Registration Modification of Registered Assault Weapons, Prohibition.

(a) The release mechanism for an ammunition feeding deice on an assault weapon registered pursuant to Penal Code section 30900, subvdivision (b)(1) shall not be changed after the assault weapon is registered. A weapon's eligibility for registration pursuant to Penal Code section 30900, subdivision (b)(1) depends, in part, on its release mechanism. Any alteration to the release mechanism converts the assault weapon into a different weapon from the one that was registered

You can't change from a bullet button to a standard magazine release, but I see nothing about changing the upper. An AW must have an upper and be a complete fully functioning firearm in order to be registered.
__________________
"As soon as we burn 'em," Chinn said, "more come in."
Ignatius Chinn, a FORMER veteran firearms agent.
CONTRA COSTA TIMES 03/04/2008

"please guys please no ridiculous offers....Im a girl, not an idiot" Mistisa242
  #1415  
Old 05-19-2017, 5:01 PM
OCRebote78's Avatar
OCRebote78 OCRebote78 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: O.C.
Posts: 241
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrady@Michel&Associates View Post
  #1416  
Old 05-19-2017, 5:02 PM
Nor*Cal Nor*Cal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,251
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
What are you talking about? AW (or a standard rifle) is used in like .2% of crimes and shooting deaths, aren't you concerned about the children?
If only we can save .001 children...
  #1417  
Old 05-19-2017, 5:09 PM
meno377's Avatar
meno377 meno377 is offline
小さな女性
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: (34.2283° N, 118.5358° W), (33.6700° N, 117.7800° W)
Posts: 3,839
iTrader: 60 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
I bought the stock and put it on a rifle. And yes, in certain situations it's unsafe, regardless of the amount of training. Definitely less safe than a pistol grip. It's not a bad option, but it's severely crippling your ability to control the rifle in high stress situations.

Now show me the options that are anywhere near this well thought out and designed for other rifles. They don't exist. All we have is a bunch of terrible kydex, or worse, no grip at all!

You mean like this one on my PTR and SCAR? Again training with these aren't a problem. Although I can't speak for others, if you are uncomfortable using a grip wrap, that's your choice. I am not uncomfortable. I am more uncomfortable using a bullet button in a stressful situation. However training is effective also using a bullet button.

20170519_170239.jpg
20170519_171721.jpg
__________________
In honor of Fjold:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjold View Post
I've been married so long that I don't even look both ways when I cross the street.
Quote:
A society that aims for equality before liberty, will end with neither equality nor liberty.
-Milton Friedman


Quote:
It’s always seemed to me absurd that you make 100% of the people to do something, in order to make sure that 1 or 2% of the people don’t behave badly.
-Milton Friedman

Last edited by meno377; 05-19-2017 at 5:31 PM..
  #1418  
Old 05-19-2017, 5:12 PM
Wiz-of-Awd's Avatar
Wiz-of-Awd Wiz-of-Awd is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Where I'm at ;)
Posts: 3,558
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meno377 View Post
LOL. That's why you train. Are you gonna tell someone who just purchased one of these below that it's completely unsafe while they are legal to purchase?

I kinda' like the Herra stock, but it was not originally designed with the plate.
That was after the fact to accommodate CA and similar firearms laws. It is designed to be a thumbhole stock.

A.W.D.
__________________
Quote:
Seven. The answer is always seven.
  #1419  
Old 05-19-2017, 5:14 PM
wirenut6's Avatar
wirenut6 wirenut6 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 142
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDay View Post
You would have to leave the bullet button on to register. And an adjustable stock is a feature.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
So does that mean a PRS stock is a "feature"?
__________________
__________

Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom of Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretence, raised in the United States.

Noah Webster, An Examination into the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution, 1787
  #1420  
Old 05-19-2017, 5:15 PM
Wiz-of-Awd's Avatar
Wiz-of-Awd Wiz-of-Awd is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Where I'm at ;)
Posts: 3,558
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor*Cal View Post
That, I did not know. Interesting... thanks.
Many gun forums are frequented by celebrity members, as they're regular people too, who also like firearms.

A.W.D.
__________________
Quote:
Seven. The answer is always seven.
  #1421  
Old 05-19-2017, 5:17 PM
Discogodfather's Avatar
Discogodfather Discogodfather is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 4,230
iTrader: 3 / 80%
Default

I don't know, our Fabio seems to have a better grasp of english than the famous Fabio.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggie View Post
Someone must put an end to this endless bickering by posting the unadulterated indisputable facts and truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

  #1422  
Old 05-19-2017, 5:22 PM
Discogodfather's Avatar
Discogodfather Discogodfather is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 4,230
iTrader: 3 / 80%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meno377 View Post
You mean like this one on my PTR?

Attachment 607449
My PTR is bigger than your PTR. And no, a grip wrap is awful with that platform, try racking the charging handle on a wet day without it.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggie View Post
Someone must put an end to this endless bickering by posting the unadulterated indisputable facts and truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

  #1423  
Old 05-19-2017, 5:27 PM
meno377's Avatar
meno377 meno377 is offline
小さな女性
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: (34.2283° N, 118.5358° W), (33.6700° N, 117.7800° W)
Posts: 3,839
iTrader: 60 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
My PTR is bigger than your PTR. And no, a grip wrap is awful with that platform, try racking the charging handle on a wet day without it.

LOL. It's not a problem racking the slide.
__________________
In honor of Fjold:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjold View Post
I've been married so long that I don't even look both ways when I cross the street.
Quote:
A society that aims for equality before liberty, will end with neither equality nor liberty.
-Milton Friedman


Quote:
It’s always seemed to me absurd that you make 100% of the people to do something, in order to make sure that 1 or 2% of the people don’t behave badly.
-Milton Friedman
  #1424  
Old 05-19-2017, 5:28 PM
Wiz-of-Awd's Avatar
Wiz-of-Awd Wiz-of-Awd is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Where I'm at ;)
Posts: 3,558
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
My PTR is bigger than your PTR. And no, a grip wrap is awful with that platform, try racking the charging handle on a wet day without it.

You win the PTR Internet today sir.


A.W.D.
__________________
Quote:
Seven. The answer is always seven.
  #1425  
Old 05-19-2017, 5:29 PM
Discogodfather's Avatar
Discogodfather Discogodfather is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 4,230
iTrader: 3 / 80%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meno377 View Post
LOL. It's not a problem racking the slide.
"Racking the slide" is not a term used for HK rollers, you're out of the club.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggie View Post
Someone must put an end to this endless bickering by posting the unadulterated indisputable facts and truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

  #1426  
Old 05-19-2017, 5:32 PM
meno377's Avatar
meno377 meno377 is offline
小さな女性
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: (34.2283° N, 118.5358° W), (33.6700° N, 117.7800° W)
Posts: 3,839
iTrader: 60 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
"Racking the slide" is not a term used for HK rollers, you're out of the club.
Oh I'm sorry. Racking the charging handle.
__________________
In honor of Fjold:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjold View Post
I've been married so long that I don't even look both ways when I cross the street.
Quote:
A society that aims for equality before liberty, will end with neither equality nor liberty.
-Milton Friedman


Quote:
It’s always seemed to me absurd that you make 100% of the people to do something, in order to make sure that 1 or 2% of the people don’t behave badly.
-Milton Friedman
  #1427  
Old 05-19-2017, 5:41 PM
jandmtv's Avatar
jandmtv jandmtv is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Reseda, CA
Posts: 5,146
iTrader: 73 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirenut6 View Post
So does that mean a PRS stock is a "feature"?
My understanding is that the PRS isn't a telescoping stock. The stock itself doesn't telescope like a traditional AR carbine stock. The butt pad is adjustable for length of pull, but again, it's stock itself is not telescoping. That's just my opinion.
__________________
Looking for RPR or Precision Rifle Accessories? Check out Anarchy Outdoors. http://www.anarchyoutdoors.com?afmc=1w
  #1428  
Old 05-19-2017, 5:42 PM
rustyx rustyx is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Southern California
Posts: 170
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
I bought the stock and put it on a rifle. And yes, in certain situations it's unsafe, regardless of the amount of training. Definitely less safe than a pistol grip. It's not a bad option, but it's severely crippling your ability to control the rifle in high stress situations.

Now show me the options that are anywhere near this well thought out and designed for other rifles. They don't exist. All we have is a bunch of terrible kydex, or worse, no grip at all!
I have to agree, I made my own grip because I didn't like any of what was out there. In all reality it's not as safe as a standard grip. The safety being on the wrong side isn't an argument because you can buy a left handed or ambi safety. But you don't get the ability to properly hold the weapon. I haven't dropped mine but I see how it's possible. I added a bunch of stippling to my grip to help. Only reason I went this route is mag release. If the DOJ allowed it with registration I would do it.
  #1429  
Old 05-19-2017, 5:59 PM
curtisfong's Avatar
curtisfong curtisfong is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,521
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrady@Michel&Associates View Post
Fact: FGG is not on our side.
__________________
The Rifle on the Wall

"“[S]cientific proof” of both gun-rights and gun-control theories “is very hard to get”; therefore, requiring “some substantial scientific proof to show that a [firearm] law will indeed substantially reduce crime and injury” is tantamount to applying strict scrutiny to, and almost certainly will lead to invalidation of, the law." - Kamela Harris

Lawyers and their Stockholm Syndrome
  #1430  
Old 05-19-2017, 6:00 PM
Mayor McRifle's Avatar
Mayor McRifle Mayor McRifle is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Central California
Posts: 5,076
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meno377 View Post
Your argument for fighting in court that featureless is unsafe won't fly. Explain using a Mini 14 as another example of being unsafe?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
You're making a logical mistake. You can in fact wrap your thumb around a conventional stock. I can't believe you didn't realize this man, you got to think about these things for more than a few minutes.
Not to mention that the safety on a Mini-14 is located inside the trigger guard, like on an M1A or a Garand. You don't need your thumb to be on the left side of the receiver to operate it. All you need is your trigger finger at the ready.
__________________
Anchors Aweigh

  #1431  
Old 05-19-2017, 6:17 PM
meno377's Avatar
meno377 meno377 is offline
小さな女性
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: (34.2283° N, 118.5358° W), (33.6700° N, 117.7800° W)
Posts: 3,839
iTrader: 60 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor McRifle View Post
Not to mention that the safety on a Mini-14 is located inside the trigger guard, like on an M1A or a Garand. You don't need your thumb to be on the left side of the receiver to operate it. All you need is your trigger finger at the ready.
Whether you use your left or right thumb to disengage the safety on an AR, doesn't deem it unsafe. Training is the key to any rifle. And whether you have the safety inside the trigger guard like the M1, M1A or Mini 14, it's more about muscle memory. Having a grip wrap while inconvenient, doesn't mean it's unsafe if you train with it.
__________________
In honor of Fjold:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjold View Post
I've been married so long that I don't even look both ways when I cross the street.
Quote:
A society that aims for equality before liberty, will end with neither equality nor liberty.
-Milton Friedman


Quote:
It’s always seemed to me absurd that you make 100% of the people to do something, in order to make sure that 1 or 2% of the people don’t behave badly.
-Milton Friedman
  #1432  
Old 05-19-2017, 6:19 PM
JDay's Avatar
JDay JDay is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: El Dorado County
Posts: 19,378
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott0san View Post
Whats amazing is they only let us purchase "Safe" hand guns
But want to re-engineer semi autos so they are completely unsafe
Wait until they deem all handguns without microstamping as being unsafe.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
__________________
Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace. -- James Madison

The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)
  #1433  
Old 05-19-2017, 6:22 PM
elSquid's Avatar
elSquid elSquid is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Left coast.
Posts: 9,415
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisfong View Post
Fact: FGG is not on our side.
Fact: FGG participated in purely positive ways way back when. Around the time of the rise of the "right people" FGG would point out problem and weaknesses in legal arguments, only to get dismissed by said "right people" and dogpiled on by unthinking kool aid drinkers.

As this went on, FGG's tone changed...

...it seems to me that FGG is pro gun, but isn't pro "the right people" or pro "wannabe internet gun rights lawyer."

-- Michael
  #1434  
Old 05-19-2017, 6:52 PM
Discogodfather's Avatar
Discogodfather Discogodfather is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 4,230
iTrader: 3 / 80%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meno377 View Post
Whether you use your left or right thumb to disengage the safety on an AR, doesn't deem it unsafe. Training is the key to any rifle. And whether you have the safety inside the trigger guard like the M1, M1A or Mini 14, it's more about muscle memory. Having a grip wrap while inconvenient, doesn't mean it's unsafe if you train with it.
Did you get an ambi saftey for your PTR? Not so easy to find a solution for that one.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggie View Post
Someone must put an end to this endless bickering by posting the unadulterated indisputable facts and truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

  #1435  
Old 05-19-2017, 6:54 PM
SJ_Man SJ_Man is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 1
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Is there any way to make an AR pistol featureless? Also if I did a vol reg on an 80% pistol build do I still need to apply for a SN to register?
  #1436  
Old 05-19-2017, 6:57 PM
ProlificARProspect's Avatar
ProlificARProspect ProlificARProspect is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,553
iTrader: 78 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisfong View Post
Fact: FGG is not on our side.
Double down....

Fact: Fabio Gets Goosed is not on our side.
__________________
"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men."

"Unlimited power is apt to corrupt the minds of those who possess it; and this I know, my lords, that where laws end, tyranny begins."

“Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security”

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms (of government) those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”
  #1437  
Old 05-19-2017, 7:03 PM
Uncivil Engineer Uncivil Engineer is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 142
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ_Man View Post
Is there any way to make an AR pistol featureless? Also if I did a vol reg on an 80% pistol build do I still need to apply for a SN to register?
Featureless no. You can use a break action bullet button 2.0 or register.

The vol reg vs re-register is still up in the air as best as I can see.
  #1438  
Old 05-19-2017, 7:15 PM
2Aallday 2Aallday is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 208
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elSquid View Post
Fact: FGG participated in purely positive ways way back when. Around the time of the rise of the "right people" FGG would point out problem and weaknesses in legal arguments, only to get dismissed by said "right people" and dogpiled on by unthinking kool aid drinkers.

As this went on, FGG's tone changed...

...it seems to me that FGG is pro gun, but isn't pro "the right people" or pro "wannabe internet gun rights lawyer."

-- Michael
This. FGG is all about tearing down losing arguments.
  #1439  
Old 05-19-2017, 7:21 PM
ironpegasus ironpegasus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 538
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5182 View Post
Must have high speed internet access.

- Must own a computer.

- Has knowledge and training to be able to use the internet.

- Has the knowledge and training to fully utilize said computer + internet.

- Must own or have access to a quality digital camera.

- Has the knowledge & ability to be able to take quality, clear digital photos photos.

- Has the knowledge and ability to create an account on a website and upload photos to said site.


So I understand that the higher courts see a Voter ID card requirement to vote to be too demanding of a Citizen to exercise their right to vote....

Now the state of Komifornia wants firearm enthusiast to do all of this to exercise their right to keep property that they already purchased legally with out becoming a felon?

UNREAL!!
Maybe this is part of their plan? Another freebie to all the welfare queens out there.

"Seeing as government services now require the use of a digital camera, PC and high speed internet, we, the legislature of California now institute a program to provide said products to all. For free*"

*Free is a relative term qualified by whether we, the government of the People's Republic of California deem you "rich" or not. If you are "rich" by our estimation and not a Democrat party donor, you will be penalized for your actual utility to society until you are brought to a level of abject penury below every other person in this state. The term person includes all residents and non-residents, documented or undocumented, fictional or non-fictional, past, present or future. This level of burdensome taxation shall continue in perpetuity, or until the government collapses beneath the groaning weight of its own grossly outsized body of mal-influence, whichever comes first.

Last edited by ironpegasus; 05-19-2017 at 7:29 PM..
  #1440  
Old 05-19-2017, 7:30 PM
LowThudd's Avatar
LowThudd LowThudd is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sherman Oaks
Posts: 3,665
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixEstrella View Post
We do?
Yes, and so do hands fist and feet. https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s..._2010-2014.xls
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 1:47 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.