Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 4:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProlificARProspect View Post
Fact: Fabio is not on our side
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrady@Michel&Associates View Post
Wrong Fabio. I believe they were talking about calguns member "FABIO GETS GOOSED!!!".
Old 05-19-2017, 4:48 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meno377 View Post
[/B]
You will use anything to push your agenda to register won't you? LOL.
No, because there is no agenda. I'm as depressed as everyone else they took the time to just make the same crap a little stronger, and it angers me to no end.

But pushing featureless is still a big problem, it's just another bad option. I have to read and think and analyze this weeks developments and watch the Michel seminar on the 25th before coming to any conclusion as to what to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Old 05-19-2017, 4:49 PM

So the DOJ requested for more funding back in Jan. They expect to receive registrations from "250,000" different owners and this is what they expect will fund the new plan.

What happens if they don't reach that number?
Old 05-19-2017, 4:51 PM
小さな女性
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: (34.2283° N, 118.5358° W), (33.6700° N, 117.7800° W)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
No, because there is no agenda. I'm as depressed as everyone else they took the time to just make the same crap a little stronger, and it angers me to no end.

But pushing featureless is still a big problem, it's just another bad option. I have to read and think and analyze this weeks developments and watch the Michel seminar on the 25th before coming to any conclusion as to what to do.
It's an option that allows you to use a regular magazine release. If you are so into what is safe and what isn't then why don't we discuss bullet buttons?
I've been married so long that I don't even look both ways when I cross the street.
Quote:
A society that aims for equality before liberty, will end with neither equality nor liberty.
-Milton Friedman

Quote:
It’s always seemed to me absurd that you make 100% of the people to do something, in order to make sure that 1 or 2% of the people don’t behave badly.
-Milton Friedman
Old 05-19-2017, 4:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvly View Post
So the DOJ requested for more funding back in Jan. They expect to receive registrations from "250,000" different owners and this is what they expect will fund the new plan.

What happens if they don't reach that number?
Or when their system crashes because it can't support the volume of high resolution pictures?
Old 05-19-2017, 4:52 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor*Cal View Post
Wrong Fabio. I believe they were talking about calguns member "FABIO GETS GOOSED!!!".
Many think that FABIO, is FABIO, as it is believed that he is indeed a calguns member.

A.W.D.
Old 05-19-2017, 4:53 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
LOL. That's why you train. Are you gonna tell someone who just purchased one of these below that it's completely unsafe while they are legal to purchase?

I bought the stock and put it on a rifle. And yes, in certain situations it's unsafe, regardless of the amount of training. Definitely less safe than a pistol grip. It's not a bad option, but it's severely crippling your ability to control the rifle in high stress situations.

Now show me the options that are anywhere near this well thought out and designed for other rifles. They don't exist. All we have is a bunch of terrible kydex, or worse, no grip at all!
Quote:
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Old 05-19-2017, 4:54 PM

Whats amazing is they only let us purchase "Safe" hand guns
But want to re-engineer semi autos so they are completely unsafe
Old 05-19-2017, 4:55 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
You're making a logical mistake. You can in fact wrap your thumb around a conventional stock. I can't believe you didn't realize this man, you got to think about these things for more than a few minutes.

It depends on what type of featureless. Yes, grip wraps are a little cumbersome, but a very cheap way to solve a problem (especially with AKs). If you want featureless and something along the lines of a real rifle feel, the Thordsen stock works well. It looks stupid and is much more expensive, but it works well. Monster man is surprising good for AKs, I have not tried the ar15 version. But you can "grip" the monster man. Just from below with your whole hand. Also there is the exile machine fin, which has a stumpy grip sticking out out sideways, and surprisingly feels like you're actually gripping the pistol grip. But as you know featureless has been used long before any of these AW regs came out. I haven't heard of any accidents using grip wraps, or all the other variations. It just boils down to comfort. I don't think you can legally make a case that these are dangerous when there isn't any documented instances of an issue.
Old 05-19-2017, 4:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiz-of-Awd View Post
Many think that FABIO, is FABIO, as it is believed that he is indeed a calguns member.

A.W.D.
That, I did not know. Interesting... thanks.
Old 05-19-2017, 4:56 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
It's an option that allows you to use a regular magazine release. If you are so into what is safe and what isn't then why don't we discuss bullet buttons?
I agree a BB is also unsafe. Just far less so.
Quote:

Old 05-19-2017, 4:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott0san View Post
But of course, we all know none of this or the roster has ANYTHING to do with safety. They could care less about our safety.
Old 05-19-2017, 4:59 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
But of course, we all know none of this or the roster has ANYTHING to do with safety. They could care less about our safety.
What are you talking about? AW (or a standard rifle) is used in like .2% of crimes and shooting deaths, aren't you concerned about the children?
Quote:

Old 05-19-2017, 5:01 PM

I don't see anything that mentions changes except:

5477. Registration of Assault Weapons Pursuant to Penal Code Section 30900(b)(1); Post-Registration Modification of Registered Assault Weapons, Prohibition.

(a) The release mechanism for an ammunition feeding deice on an assault weapon registered pursuant to Penal Code section 30900, subvdivision (b)(1) shall not be changed after the assault weapon is registered. A weapon's eligibility for registration pursuant to Penal Code section 30900, subdivision (b)(1) depends, in part, on its release mechanism. Any alteration to the release mechanism converts the assault weapon into a different weapon from the one that was registered

You can't change from a bullet button to a standard magazine release, but I see nothing about changing the upper. An AW must have an upper and be a complete fully functioning firearm in order to be registered.

"please guys please no ridiculous offers....Im a girl, not an idiot" Mistisa242
Old 05-19-2017, 5:01 PM

Quote:
Old 05-19-2017, 5:02 PM

Quote:
What are you talking about? AW (or a standard rifle) is used in like .2% of crimes and shooting deaths, aren't you concerned about the children?
If only we can save .001 children...
Old 05-19-2017, 5:09 PM
小さな女性

Quote:
I bought the stock and put it on a rifle. And yes, in certain situations it's unsafe, regardless of the amount of training. Definitely less safe than a pistol grip. It's not a bad option, but it's severely crippling your ability to control the rifle in high stress situations.

Now show me the options that are anywhere near this well thought out and designed for other rifles. They don't exist. All we have is a bunch of terrible kydex, or worse, no grip at all!

You mean like this one on my PTR and SCAR? Again training with these aren't a problem. Although I can't speak for others, if you are uncomfortable using a grip wrap, that's your choice. I am not uncomfortable. I am more uncomfortable using a bullet button in a stressful situation. However training is effective also using a bullet button.

20170519_170239.jpg
20170519_171721.jpg
I've been married so long that I don't even look both ways when I cross the street.
Quote:
A society that aims for equality before liberty, will end with neither equality nor liberty.
-Milton Friedman

Quote:
It’s always seemed to me absurd that you make 100% of the people to do something, in order to make sure that 1 or 2% of the people don’t behave badly.
-Milton Friedman

Last edited by meno377; 05-19-2017 at 5:31 PM..
Old 05-19-2017, 5:12 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
LOL. That's why you train. Are you gonna tell someone who just purchased one of these below that it's completely unsafe while they are legal to purchase?

I kinda' like the Herra stock, but it was not originally designed with the plate.
That was after the fact to accommodate CA and similar firearms laws. It is designed to be a thumbhole stock.

A.W.D.
Old 05-19-2017, 5:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDay View Post
You would have to leave the bullet button on to register. And an adjustable stock is a feature.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
So does that mean a PRS stock is a "feature"?

Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom of Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretence, raised in the United States.

Noah Webster, An Examination into the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution, 1787
Old 05-19-2017, 5:15 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
That, I did not know. Interesting... thanks.
Many gun forums are frequented by celebrity members, as they're regular people too, who also like firearms.

A.W.D.
Old 05-19-2017, 5:17 PM
Veteran Member

I don't know, our Fabio seems to have a better grasp of english than the famous Fabio.
Quote:

Old 05-19-2017, 5:22 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
You mean like this one on my PTR?

Attachment 607449
My PTR is bigger than your PTR. And no, a grip wrap is awful with that platform, try racking the charging handle on a wet day without it.

Quote:

Old 05-19-2017, 5:27 PM
小さな女性

Quote:
My PTR is bigger than your PTR. And no, a grip wrap is awful with that platform, try racking the charging handle on a wet day without it.

LOL. It's not a problem racking the slide.
Quote:
-Milton Friedman

Quote:
-Milton Friedman
Old 05-19-2017, 5:28 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

You win the PTR Internet today sir.

A.W.D.
Old 05-19-2017, 5:29 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
LOL. It's not a problem racking the slide.
"Racking the slide" is not a term used for HK rollers, you're out of the club.
Quote:

Old 05-19-2017, 5:32 PM
小さな女性

Quote:
"Racking the slide" is not a term used for HK rollers, you're out of the club.
Oh I'm sorry. Racking the charging handle.
Quote:
-Milton Friedman

Quote:
-Milton Friedman
Old 05-19-2017, 5:41 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirenut6 View Post
So does that mean a PRS stock is a "feature"?
My understanding is that the PRS isn't a telescoping stock. The stock itself doesn't telescope like a traditional AR carbine stock. The butt pad is adjustable for length of pull, but again, it's stock itself is not telescoping. That's just my opinion.
Old 05-19-2017, 5:42 PM

Quote:

I have to agree, I made my own grip because I didn't like any of what was out there. In all reality it's not as safe as a standard grip. The safety being on the wrong side isn't an argument because you can buy a left handed or ambi safety. But you don't get the ability to properly hold the weapon. I haven't dropped mine but I see how it's possible. I added a bunch of stippling to my grip to help. Only reason I went this route is mag release. If the DOJ allowed it with registration I would do it.
Old 05-19-2017, 5:59 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Fact: FGG is not on our side.

"“[S]cientific proof” of both gun-rights and gun-control theories “is very hard to get”; therefore, requiring “some substantial scientific proof to show that a [firearm] law will indeed substantially reduce crime and injury” is tantamount to applying strict scrutiny to, and almost certainly will lead to invalidation of, the law." - Kamela Harris

Lawyers and their Stockholm Syndrome
Old 05-19-2017, 6:00 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Your argument for fighting in court that featureless is unsafe won't fly. Explain using a Mini 14 as another example of being unsafe?
Quote:
You're making a logical mistake. You can in fact wrap your thumb around a conventional stock. I can't believe you didn't realize this man, you got to think about these things for more than a few minutes.
Not to mention that the safety on a Mini-14 is located inside the trigger guard, like on an M1A or a Garand. You don't need your thumb to be on the left side of the receiver to operate it. All you need is your trigger finger at the ready.

Old 05-19-2017, 6:17 PM
小さな女性

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor McRifle View Post
Not to mention that the safety on a Mini-14 is located inside the trigger guard, like on an M1A or a Garand. You don't need your thumb to be on the left side of the receiver to operate it. All you need is your trigger finger at the ready.
Whether you use your left or right thumb to disengage the safety on an AR, doesn't deem it unsafe. Training is the key to any rifle. And whether you have the safety inside the trigger guard like the M1, M1A or Mini 14, it's more about muscle memory. Having a grip wrap while inconvenient, doesn't mean it's unsafe if you train with it.
Quote:
-Milton Friedman

Quote:
-Milton Friedman
Old 05-19-2017, 6:19 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott0san View Post
Wait until they deem all handguns without microstamping as being unsafe.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)
Old 05-19-2017, 6:22 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisfong View Post
Fact: FGG participated in purely positive ways way back when. Around the time of the rise of the "right people" FGG would point out problem and weaknesses in legal arguments, only to get dismissed by said "right people" and dogpiled on by unthinking kool aid drinkers.

As this went on, FGG's tone changed...

...it seems to me that FGG is pro gun, but isn't pro "the right people" or pro "wannabe internet gun rights lawyer."

-- Michael
Old 05-19-2017, 6:52 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Whether you use your left or right thumb to disengage the safety on an AR, doesn't deem it unsafe. Training is the key to any rifle. And whether you have the safety inside the trigger guard like the M1, M1A or Mini 14, it's more about muscle memory. Having a grip wrap while inconvenient, doesn't mean it's unsafe if you train with it.
Did you get an ambi saftey for your PTR? Not so easy to find a solution for that one.
Quote:

Old 05-19-2017, 6:54 PM

Is there any way to make an AR pistol featureless? Also if I did a vol reg on an 80% pistol build do I still need to apply for a SN to register?
Old 05-19-2017, 6:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisfong View Post
Double down....

Fact: Fabio Gets Goosed is not on our side.

"Unlimited power is apt to corrupt the minds of those who possess it; and this I know, my lords, that where laws end, tyranny begins."

“Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security”

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms (of government) those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”
Old 05-19-2017, 7:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ_Man View Post
Is there any way to make an AR pistol featureless? Also if I did a vol reg on an 80% pistol build do I still need to apply for a SN to register?
Featureless no. You can use a break action bullet button 2.0 or register.

The vol reg vs re-register is still up in the air as best as I can see.
Old 05-19-2017, 7:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elSquid View Post
Fact: FGG participated in purely positive ways way back when. Around the time of the rise of the "right people" FGG would point out problem and weaknesses in legal arguments, only to get dismissed by said "right people" and dogpiled on by unthinking kool aid drinkers.

As this went on, FGG's tone changed...

...it seems to me that FGG is pro gun, but isn't pro "the right people" or pro "wannabe internet gun rights lawyer."

-- Michael
This. FGG is all about tearing down losing arguments.
Old 05-19-2017, 7:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5182 View Post
Must have high speed internet access.

- Must own a computer.

- Has knowledge and training to be able to use the internet.

- Has the knowledge and training to fully utilize said computer + internet.

- Must own or have access to a quality digital camera.

- Has the knowledge & ability to be able to take quality, clear digital photos photos.

- Has the knowledge and ability to create an account on a website and upload photos to said site.

So I understand that the higher courts see a Voter ID card requirement to vote to be too demanding of a Citizen to exercise their right to vote....

Now the state of Komifornia wants firearm enthusiast to do all of this to exercise their right to keep property that they already purchased legally with out becoming a felon?

UNREAL!!
Maybe this is part of their plan? Another freebie to all the welfare queens out there.

"Seeing as government services now require the use of a digital camera, PC and high speed internet, we, the legislature of California now institute a program to provide said products to all. For free*"

*Free is a relative term qualified by whether we, the government of the People's Republic of California deem you "rich" or not. If you are "rich" by our estimation and not a Democrat party donor, you will be penalized for your actual utility to society until you are brought to a level of abject penury below every other person in this state. The term person includes all residents and non-residents, documented or undocumented, fictional or non-fictional, past, present or future. This level of burdensome taxation shall continue in perpetuity, or until the government collapses beneath the groaning weight of its own grossly outsized body of mal-influence, whichever comes first.

Last edited by ironpegasus; 05-19-2017 at 7:29 PM..
Old 05-19-2017, 7:30 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixEstrella View Post
We do?
Yes, and so do hands fist and feet. https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s..._2010-2014.xls
Closed Thread