Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Atlantic Firearms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Atlantic Firearms Hosted by AtlanticFirearms.com

Old 09-06-2014, 10:49 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Default PTR 51P PDW Pistol

PTR 51P PDW .308 Pistol Atlantic Firearms Exclusive, semi auto 308 Fire Power in a compact package . These are similar in size to the original MP5 9 mm sporting a 8 inch threaded barrel with removable flash hider and MP5 style handguard . The pistols are a great Candidate for your NFA Short barreled rifle project or install a Stabilizing brace for shooting comfort and increased accuracy . The pistols have an Optic Rail on the receiver for ease of adding your favorite optic . Another nice exclusive feature is the 51P Arm Brace Ready buttcap , designed to easily take a pistol stabilizing brace if so desired . They are amazingly easy to control even firing the .308 and with a stock or arm brace can be quite useful . The pistols will accept readily available 20 round Surplus magazines or the very popular X 91 50 round drum mags. Comes with 1 -20 round surplus mag and PTR Factory warranty.

Last edited by Atlantic Firearms; 09-07-2014 at 3:59 AM..
Old 09-06-2014, 12:22 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Old 09-06-2014, 4:13 PM
Veteran Member

I have a PTR PDW on the way as we speak.
Is there any availability on the forearm brace? Price?

There is another model out from another vendor but it is pretty pricey (I imagine you know who). So I am holding out for one such as yours.

Thanks! Looking forward to picking up one of these braces from you all.

PS top notch on the service and quality of your products. I have been happy with all of the products I have purchased from you all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali-Shooter
To me, it was a fist-fight, except that I did not counter-attack.
Old 09-06-2014, 9:28 PM
Veteran Member

YES!!!!!!! I have been waiting for something exactly like this. I almost orderedthe PTR PDW, but this one has a welded rail and already equipped for the Sig brace.
Old 09-14-2014, 4:39 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Shes definitively a Thumper !!
Old 09-27-2014, 3:43 PM

Wish this was available before I purchased my PDW.... anyways, heres what I did with mine
Attachment 357609

Last edited by CFV; 09-20-2017 at 6:01 PM..
Old 09-28-2014, 3:22 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Looks nice , how did you build your arm brace set up ? Are the stabilizing braces illegal in CA some dealers will not accept our transfers if they have braces installed ?
Old 09-28-2014, 7:43 AM

It's a not sure answer from CA DOJ,That's why some dealers say no.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:27 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantic Firearms View Post
Looks nice , how did you build your arm brace set up ? Are the stabilizing braces illegal in CA some dealers will not accept our transfers if they have braces installed ?
Depends on the dealer and their understanding of the law. Our dealer is cool with the brace, they care only that it has a bullet button and a mag sled for an SSE transfer.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:28 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFV View Post
Wish this was available before I purchased my PDW.... anyways, heres what I did with mine
Attachment 357609
How is the muzzle blast on that thing?

I've been on the fence between that and the 12" k3p they just put up for sale. I only have enough money for ONE more SSE and I want to make sure I get it right.
Old 10-05-2014, 6:31 PM

to be honest, I did not want to try and fire it till I got my brace setup. It has a pretty good kick and bark, but manageable. Definitely a head turner. The RO's were cracking up and my friends couldn't get enough.
Old 10-05-2014, 6:36 PM

Quote:
several companies sell AR stock adapters including PTR. But all have been sold out for months. Choate has a complete AR stock and adapter set, so purchased that and set aside the tube and stock. Just used a stock AR pistol tube and used the SB15 brace. Lines up pretty clean. Not to bash, but the Century braces look a tad awkward. I think its the longer brace.

CaDOJ refuses to give a straight forward answer so most are going by BATF letter while others are frightened by the shade of grey its in. The FFL's I deal with in NorCal are fine with it.

Last edited by CFV; 10-05-2014 at 6:43 PM..
Old 10-06-2014, 2:12 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloChicken View Post
I have a PTR PDW on the way as we speak.
Is there any availability on the forearm brace? Price?

There is another model out from another vendor but it is pretty pricey (I imagine you know who). So I am holding out for one such as yours.

Thanks! Looking forward to picking up one of these braces from you all.

PS top notch on the service and quality of your products. I have been happy with all of the products I have purchased from you all!
Well, I emailed you guys prior to ordering my PDW in regards to the pistol brace. You said you were coming out with an adapter soon. So I ordered the PTR PDW.
The day before my pistol shipped you come out with this one.
No response regarding the adapter. I tried to contact you before you sent out my PDW but you never replied, just shipped it.
Not thrilled about that.

I waited for you to release the adapter, but you haven't and haven't replied. So courtesy of a few tips from CFV who posted his one above, I did close to the same thing.

I modified a B&T G3/HK91 picatinny rail to fit the HK51 (it was too long and ran into the charging handle) and used a phase5 pistol buffer tube on a Choate adapter (that CFV told me about).
I then added a Sig SB15, threw on a Vortex Strikefire I had laying around and viola, it is done.

Personally, I like the quality of each of the parts better than the offering you have above, but it did cost me another 300-400 dollars more as I had to chase the parts down.

Would have been nice if you would have just told me when I asked about the adapter that you were coming out with this.
You sent out my pistol one day prior to presenting this - curious timing in my opinion.

I have purchased a few firearms from you in the past, but I will consider the difficulties I have had on this purchase in the future.
Don't hate you guys, but that trick was a little less than above-board.

At any rate. For the rest.

And much thanks to CFV for the tips!

Quote:

Last edited by SloChicken; 10-12-2014 at 2:53 PM..
Old 10-06-2014, 3:40 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Sir , We are way to busy to TRICK customers or scheme to not sell you item , Please PM me your contact info I would like to discuss with you via phone our evil plot.
Old 10-06-2014, 3:51 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Sir , We are way to busy to TRICK customers or scheme to not sell you item , Please PM me your contact info I would like to discuss with you via phone our evil plot.
I don't need to have a private conversation regarding this - I think it is better stated where all can see. I have nothing to hide here.
Further, I think your lack of a reply to my query early in this thread speaks to the issue just fine.
As you can see for yourself, I asked on this very thread (see post number 3) and did not so much as get a reply. Curious why that is ...

I also emailed you in this regard on Oct 26 and Bradley told me via email that it was in the works and you were going to come out with one.

Like I said earlier, I have had good dealings with your company up to this point. I said how I felt about the timing of this.
I don't know how you are living, but a $1000 purchase is substantial to most of us, so it is hoped that the vendor will shoot straight.

Maybe Brad didn't know this was coming out, maybe he did. I find it hard to believe that he didn't know they were coming out though.

At any rate, below is a copy of my email query, and Atlantic's (Bradley's) reply.

See below:

We are working on the PTR 308 pistol braces but are not sure when we will have them out it will probably be in a few months , we will have a Gen 1 model shown on our web site later this week or early next but it will not fit your gun because of the current buttcap . We are working on a Gen 2 buttcap that you will be able to purchase to upgrade your pistol.

Bradley Rush

Thank You
Atlantic Firearms.com

On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 2:09 PM, Contact Form <sales@atlanticfirearms.com> wrote:

Are there any options upcoming for an arm brace for the PTR PDW? I have one on order, and am hopeful to acquire a brace for this rifle. If you have any options currently or upcoming, please let me know. Thanks, Kevin Cole.

Submitted by 199.27.133.66

Quote:
Old 10-06-2014, 3:54 PM
Vendor/Retailer

We were able to track down who you are and your order and email address , We show one email from you on Aug 25 th @ 209 pm , we responded to you the same day 953 pm about the brace , We have the emails saved on our system and we did tell you at that time >>>We are working on the PTR 308 pistol braces but are not sure when we will have them out it will probably be in a few months You emailed again on Sept 3 @ 213 pm and you simply asked when the order was going out no other questions about arm braces etc . You order shipped on Sept 4 th , I have looked for other email request and do not see them , we would not intentionally plot to not give you info about the braces and in the Aug 25 th email we specifically stated it could be a few months that we were working several Generations of the possible Arm brace set ups for the PTR. Please PM us so we can try to figure out where this got off track .
Old 10-06-2014, 3:57 PM
Vendor/Retailer

The set up you did come up with does look good , how much did the set up cost ? , What type of rail do you have on the top & is it solid ?
Old 10-06-2014, 3:59 PM
Veteran Member

I'm good man, no worries. It is done now.

It was kind of upsetting to have a delay (not real long) on getting my pistol shipped, and then to find a day or two after mine leaves you guys that this one comes out.
Particularly after asking you specifically about the brace.

Again, I like what you guys do overall, and am happy with the products I have purchase from you over time.
This one, and the timing just didn't sit well with me.

Again, I am fine, but I did feel it was worth at least making mention of. I hope you can see my side of this.

It did cost me quite a bit of money to piece this together though. It would have been nice to know this was coming out as I would have ordered differently and saved myself quite a bit of cash.

Quote:
Old 10-06-2014, 4:06 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
The set up you did come up with does look good , how much did the set up cost ? , What type of rail do you have on the top & is it solid ?
Choate AR stock setup ($179) ditched the carbine buffer tube and stock and replaced with the Phase5 tube listed below.

Sig SB 15 brace ($112 on a deal)

Phase5 Pistol buffer tube ($59) - I cut about 6 threads of length off the forward of this tube to get it to seat better and remove some of the unsightly threads. It is more flush now.

B&T HK91 Extended Picatinny Rail ($169) - I had to modify this as the charging handle runs into the forward left end of the rail. A quick milling job, a bit of BBQ paint (hi-temp) and done.
Yes, the rail is quite solid. It is standard issue for the German Mil guys on their HKs

The Sight is just an old Vortex Strikefire that I had laying around. The low mount makes for a better cheek weld than the AR height one I tried before putting this one on ... Not that I would shoulder it ... Ever ... Because I love Feinstein and Bloomberg, and Deleon and all they stand for ...
Not.
But if I ever did I would think that I have to get a little tight to use the irons, but they are completely useable with the Brace height as it is.

Ouch!

Just realized how much I had to spend to pull this one off !!!

Okay, frustrated again ...

LOL

Quote:
Old 10-06-2014, 4:25 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychinaman View Post
It's a not sure answer from CA DOJ,That's why some dealers say no.
DOJ...... They never have a clear answer.
Old 10-06-2014, 4:45 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel-tec-innovations View Post
DOJ...... They never have a clear answer.
my position on this matter is that,

The CA-DOJ has a duty to perform due diligence on changes, or new firearms that enter the marketplace.

If they are silent on this, either they are negligent regarding their due-diligence, or they are not in disapproval (By written opinion/legislation) of the brace.

As such, we as consumers, and usually not experts in the field in comparison to the CA-DOJ, or manufacturers, or even the FFLs are less compelled to understand the nuances within the laws. Further, we rely on experts (the DOJ, Manufacturers, FFLs) to help us see what is illegal or not by observing that which is for sale in FFLs or shipped to CA by manufacturers.
If the CA-DOJ has a problem with it, they are compelled to intervene in a timely manner - otherwise it can be easily argued that they do not disapprove. Particularly as they have been asked about this by numerous consumers, and they decline to offer an opinion.

As such, the consumer can easily argue these points to their defense if need be.
The Sig pistol (P516, P556, PM400, etc.) with brace has/was on the California market for at least a couple of years now. I think recently it came off roster as it is not listed any longer.
That said, I have seen quite a few of them at various California vendors over the past few years.

The DOJ has to have been made aware of this occurring. If they are aware, and consider it unlawful/illegal, then they would be akin to baiting, or entrapment/sting activities if they were to wait for consumers to purchase these from otherwise lawful vendors/FFLs and then prosecute the end user.

Seems reasonable, no?
Because that is what Feinsteinberg and K. Hairass are, if anything, is reasonable, right?

Quote: