Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Jobs Wanted Jobs Offered
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Jobs Wanted Jobs Offered Need a job, need a job filled? Help out a fellow Calgunner!

Old 07-20-2014, 8:13 AM

Talking volunteers needed.. sacramento...ammo testing

hey gang. im looking for volunteers sometime in the next few months to help me get off of my feet. legally i cannot pay you, and to be honest i cant afford to pay you lol. looking for pay it forward kind of person(s) to help with the fun task of sorting ammo, helping build some work benches, i dont really know what i need help with to be honest. im going to rent a warehouse space in orangevale and load up like 100k rounds to resell and get my 06 ffl off the ground. i am a disabled vet looking to provide quality ammo to sacramento area. i could maybe cut you a deal on some components, but that would really have to be unrelated lol.

I ALSO NEED SOMEONE TO TEST NEW LOADS/QUALITY CONTROL. not really looking to hire someone, but just want to give you a gun and some ammo and have you go blast it off and see what happens. lol i am not a noob at loading, just a noob at commercially loading.

any feedback would be cool. i most likely wouldnt provide my time to someone for free, but maybe there are better people than me out there hehe.
Old 07-20-2014, 8:19 AM

Talking need a BUSINESS PLAN made and an ACCOUNTANT...and WEB GUY

title says it all. i have all of these great, do-able ideas on how to start up my business and do it well within my personal budget. i do not need it for financial backing, as much as i need it for trying to network with local ammo distributors. need an accountant to figure out all of my tax liabilities, i have a pretty good idea what it is, but i am a real world blue collar guy, i dont track receipts, i dont know what is tax deductible or not, blah blah. also maybe looking for a web guy to make me a SIMPLE site. not looking to have online orders or anything at this time, but more of an informational about my company with some pics and prices of what i do and how much i do it for.

if you can do any of these for me please let me know what it would cost.
Old 07-20-2014, 8:24 AM
Calguns Addict

Thank you so much for your service and your sacrifice to our country.
I can't help you, I am too far away but I'm sure there's some retired people here that might just love that job.

feedback - you're doing something that is in need here (ammunition at reasonable prices.) but I think not many people do it because there a lot of hurdles (legal insurance taxes that type of thing & not so much the work itself.) to go through.
but I also have to give you big props for your honesty in your last sentence.

I wish you the absolute best in your new business.
Old 07-20-2014, 9:01 AM

sealocan, Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. i have noticed in the past in other CG accounts (my old one, wifes CG account) that alot of people will read a post and not say anything in response, so thank you so much again for that. the insurance and taxes are just dumb. ran some soft numbers on just taxes alone, and based on some real life numbers (quarter million $ yearly gross sales) i would only keep about 30k of that for profit. sweet lord. but i love to do the work, and its not the daily grind to me. i am a mechanic for kia/Mitsubishi right now, after being a tank mechanic in the army for many years, kind of ready to put the wrench down lol.
Old 07-20-2014, 9:28 PM
Calguns Addict

holy moly those taxes are incredible, that makes highway robbery look like a handshake.

is it possible you could turn into a tax-free organization ...
say a religion based on the temple of reloading..based upon someones sin you could prescribe what ammo they should get..and then make a donation back to the temple.

or how about a non profit reloading education Center...
you train other veterans and maybe even civilians on how to reduce stress, get exercise and prepare for a new career through the meditative art of pulling a lever.

I'm just joking of course.
(but if use my ideas... ordaine me at Cardinal or make me a counselor.)

good luck & I have a feeling someone's going to be along any minute, who would love to just burn up/ I mean test, your ammo for free.
Old 07-20-2014, 9:39 PM
Veteran Member

I'll send some rounds down range, what do you have and what firearms will I have the pleasure of working with?
You did ask. They were only following your instructions. Next time be a bit more careful in how you phrase your posts. If you give people a straight line like that, this is about the level of response you are bound to get. Just be glad you didn't post "Date this rifle"... Those pictures are usually very disturbing.

-Mb
Old 07-20-2014, 11:53 PM

I think we may have exchanged messages in the recent past, when you were still putting the idea together. In any case, I may just be your guy. Shoot me a PM for contact info, we should talk.
Old 07-21-2014, 8:38 PM

What kind of help are you looking for I'm disabled as well but I can do light weight work and still shoot. I also live very close to orangevale Pm me

Sent from my AP-7S118 using Tapatalk
Old 07-22-2014, 3:11 PM

I am more than willing to help.
Old 07-22-2014, 9:10 PM

I too am a disabled vet and would love to help test ammo, write reviews, etc
Old 07-24-2014, 1:19 AM

Default Volunteer

Hey what's up man. I'll be glad to help you with whatever odd task you may need. I'll be living in the bay area next month so Im just an hour away and can assist you. Im also a disabled vet so you know I got no problem putting in work.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:50 AM

I would say to get a few younger, but level headed members to help you. These guys have little experience with how the world works and need experience volunteering. Consider it a learning experience for both sides.

You could also contact some of the local gun ranges and see if they'll help you out with testing.

Best of luck to you.
Old 07-31-2014, 8:51 PM

I'm down to test some ammo. Just pm me when your ready. I have fridays and Saturdays off.
Old 08-13-2014, 4:09 PM

I am a retired general contractor. I could help you with building your benches, also I reload quite a lot myself( just for personal use. Let me know if I can help you out.