Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Deals, Sales and Coupons
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Deals, Sales and Coupons Found a good deal or sale? Got a coupon or code? Share them here!

Old 02-01-2012, 1:03 PM

Ok I just went back and tried something. If you go to the "select a carrier" box and chose "other carriers" it rechooses UPS as the carrier and then shows $0.00 shipping. I went to the check out and it stayed that way. It's just a glich. I'm calling him again about it.
Old 02-01-2012, 1:09 PM

I was charged at the time of order so I assume that is their regular procedure. This definetly needs to be corrected as my order took a month to arrive from time of order.

Yes I realize they were swamped to due to unexpected demand due to their very nice pricing/free shipping but until they smooth things out on their end an order shouldnt be charged and billed until it is shipped as a standard business practice.

While I havent shot any of them yet, I've inspected a number of boxes and they look as nice as some of my factory loads.
Old 02-01-2012, 1:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atekhed View Post
I was charged at the time of order so I assume that is their regular procedure. This definetly needs to be corrected as my order took a month to arrive from time of order.

Yes I realize they were swamped to due to unexpected demand due to their very nice pricing/free shipping but until they smooth things out on their end an order shouldnt be charged and billed until it is shipped as a standard business practice.

While I havent shot any of them yet, I've inspected a number of boxes and they look as nice as some of my factory loads.
This was brought up earlier in this thread. I know from purchases online with not only ammo but most things as soon as you click the buy button the card issuser places a hold on that amount and it will show on your online statement as pending until the sale is complete, which can take days.

Last edited by WeldonHunter; 02-01-2012 at 2:07 PM..
Old 02-01-2012, 2:26 PM

Quote:
This was brought up earlier in this thread. I know from purchases online with not only ammo but most things as soon as you click the buy button the card issuser places a hold on that amount and it will show in you online statement as pending until the sale is complete, which can take days
In this case I received my CC statement before I received the ammo and the charge was already on my card for the billing period indicated (ordered on 12/29, CC cycle closed on 1/19, received CC bill on 1/24 with charge posted, received ammo on 1/27). So this indicates they are charging at time of the order being placed, not a hold as most retailers do as you indicate is a normal business practice.

Again not meant to start an argrument, just to answer the earlier question someone asked about if they charge at time of order and it appears they do.

Given their unexepected growing pains I can believe this may not be an issue once they come up to speed on things.
Old 02-01-2012, 2:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atekhed View Post
In this case I received my CC statement before I received the ammo and the charge was already on my card for the billing period indicated (ordered on 12/29, CC cycle closed on 1/19, received CC bill on 1/24 with charge posted, received ammo on 1/27). So this indicates they are charging at time of the order being placed, not a hold as most retailers do as you indicate is a normal business practice.

Again not meant to start an argrument, just to answer the earlier question someone asked about if they charge at time of order and it appears they do.

Given their unexepected growing pains I can believe this may not be an issue once they come up to speed on things.

Heh, I know you're not trying to start an arguement. It's one of the drawbacks of the internet and not being in person to talk about this stuff. Body language, tone of voice and intent are lost. If you didn't mention it no one would know to be concerned about it. I asked him about it and haven't heard back. If he doesn't address it I'll bring it back up with him the next time we talk, ok. He's so concentrated on the website update right now I'm sure he's preoccupied. That and we've been playing phone tag for hours about the free shipping problem which seems to be fixed now. That's after I brought it to his attention that all the old links to the deals were no longer working because they'd moved them all so places like forums or guys that had saved a link to a deal would click the link and get a not available message. That's also been fixed.

Last edited by WeldonHunter; 02-01-2012 at 5:40 PM..
Old 02-01-2012, 4:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeldonHunter View Post
I know I just saw that myself. I just called him and left a message about it. He told me it was fixed and I'm sure that's because his web people told him that. I'm watching it and will update you when it's fixed and I see it's fixed myself.
Appreciate that, would like to place an order but don't wanna pay shipping
Old 02-01-2012, 4:46 PM

Quote:
Ok I just went back and tried something. If you go to the "select a carrier" box and chose "other carriers" it rechooses UPS as the carrier and then shows $0.00 shipping. I went to the check out and it stayed that way. It's just a glich. I'm calling him again about it.
Just figured this out, user error
Old 02-01-2012, 5:02 PM

I'm trying to check out and it has added a fee for UPS to CA.
Old 02-01-2012, 5:13 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Heh, I know you're not trying to start an arguement. It's one of the drawbacks of the internet and not being in person the talk about this stuff. Body language, tone of voice and intent are lost. If you didn't mention it no one would know to be concerned about it. I asked him about it and haven't heard back. If he doesn't address it I'll bring it back up with him the next time we talk, ok. He's so concentrated on the website update right now I'm sure he's preoccupied. That and we've been playing phone tag for hours about the free shipping problem which seems to be fixed now. That's after I brought it to his attention that all the old links to the deals were no longer working because they'd moved them all so places like forums or guys that had saved a link to a deal would click the link and get a not available message. That's also been fixed.
PROBLEM!!!!
I placed my order a few weeks ago, he charged my card that day. I have since PAID my credit card bill with THAT charge on it. I emailed him 3 days ago and he has not responded.
So I have ALREADY paid for the ammo but do not have it. I called my credit card company and they said that is illegal charge my card like that
Old 02-01-2012, 5:37 PM

enough with email have you tried using something called a telephone? lol sorry i dont wanna sound like a jack ***** but alot of ppl forget to use the phone and rely on a guy sitting on a computer all day waiting on emails

but that is shady charging cards and waiting to be shipped!, thats why i never ordered the reloads from him as soon as i saw the 2 week waiting time and he charges as soon as you order i said screw that i dont like my money sitting somewhere while i get no product he needs to change policy WONT CHARGE UNTIL SHIP
Old 02-01-2012, 5:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinla View Post
PROBLEM!!!!
I placed my order a few weeks ago, he charged my card that day. I have since PAID my credit card bill with THAT charge on it. I emailed him 3 days ago and he has not responded.
So I have ALREADY paid for the ammo but do not have it. I called my credit card company and they said that is illegal charge my card like that
The problem I was referring to in this post was a problem he was having with the website today because he's doing upgrades and the people who do this for him didn't put the free shipping feature back in place. I was answering a post where someone said it was charging them for shipping in California, not talking about the back up he has. He's working 6 days a week to catch up.

Now I agree with Gant you need to call them but if it's only been a few weeks then it's probably coming soon. As a matter of fact I'll go you one better. Here's his personal cell phone number, 775 530 4239. While you're talking to him you can discuss what a lot of others seem to be pissed about and that's the charging of credit cards and not recieving your product. None of this would even be an issue if this deal wasn't so popular. Everyone wants it and it's because he's priced this stuff lower than anyone else period. This deal is now the fourth most viewed deal ever in this section of the forum. Call him and talk to him. He's a nice guy and isn't scamming anyone. He's simply overwhelmed with orders. Let us know how it goes if you can.

Last edited by WeldonHunter; 02-01-2012 at 8:29 PM..
Old 02-01-2012, 7:15 PM

It could be that the billing system in place on his web site is setup to automatically bill once an order is placed. It probably needs to be reconfigured to put a hold instead of a charge. If their automated system can't handle that, they may need to change systems.

I really don't think its some shady business practice of theirs, just their automated systems is not setup properly... or maybe I'm way off and they do have someone sitting in some dimly lit backroom running all your card numbers as orders come in while cackling some maniacal laugh...

As mentioned above, pick up the phone and call. Just remember with small businesses, they probably have everyone filling orders now, so the more time the employees are on the phone answering calls, less orders are being filled.

Last edited by beatstanfurd; 02-01-2012 at 7:23 PM..
Old 02-01-2012, 8:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatstanfurd View Post
It could be that the billing system in place on his web site is setup to automatically bill once an order is placed. It probably needs to be reconfigured to put a hold instead of a charge. If their automated system can't handle that, they may need to change systems.

I really don't think its some shady business practice of theirs, just their automated systems is not setup properly... or maybe I'm way off and they do have someone sitting in some dimly lit backroom running all your card numbers as orders come in while cackling some maniacal laugh...

As mentioned above, pick up the phone and call. Just remember with small businesses, they probably have everyone filling orders now, so the more time the employees are on the phone answering calls, less orders are being filled.
LMAO, I like that, " maybe I'm way off and they do have someone sitting in some dimly lit backroom running all your card numbers as orders come in while cackling some maniacal laugh..." Thanks I needed a laugh. No trust me he's not doing that and nobody else is. He told me he's hired two new employee's and his wife is now helping in the office with answering phones as well as other business because of this as well as working 6 days a week to catch up. As he stated in an earlier post in this thread he should be completely caught up by the end of this month so this won't be an issue after that. The problem is this is such a great deal he still has orders pouring in and you guys here helped do that. Over 5100 people have viewed this thread so you can only imagine how many orders he has for this stuff. Let alone that he has other calibers to make.
Old 02-02-2012, 1:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
Waiting is ok. I just hope the quality doesn't suffer due to the tremendous demand
Was thinking the same thing -
Old 02-02-2012, 8:23 PM

Went to the range today and ran 250 rounds of the reloads through my G19.

Only one FTE out of all the rounds fired. Accuracy was on par with the WWB and Federal value pack stuff I shot also for comparison (50 rounds of each type).

I'll reserve final judgement until I've gone through the whole 1k rounds I bought but other than the single FTE it appears to be good stuff.

I may bring some to a pistol class this weekend but since my local ranges don't allow Wolf and I have 1000 rounds of it to burn that may not happen.
Old 02-02-2012, 9:34 PM

You guys need to remember that you're dealing with a mom and pop shop that is trying to keep up with a sudden influx of orders. You shouldn't be expecting Amazon.com-like efficiency here. While we can whine about how things aren't going perfect, keep in mind that this guy is trying to support us gun-owners as best he can. That in itself should afford him the benefit of the doubt. Just chill out everyone...
Old 02-02-2012, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachoman View Post
You guys need to remember that you're dealing with a mom and pop shop that is trying to keep up with a sudden influx of orders. You shouldn't be expecting Amazon.com-like efficiency here. While we can whine about how things aren't going perfect, keep in mind that this guy is trying to support us gun-owners as best he can. That in itself should afford him the benefit of the doubt. Just chill out everyone...
And he's a site sponsor.
Old 02-04-2012, 9:30 PM
Veteran Member

I think this clearly shows how business owners need to take econ 101, supply and demand. The demand is there (since he advertised a great deal) but sadly the supply is not. Look for others to take their business elsewhere (Bullet_Man) if they can't get orders out.

In time, I'm sure his supply will go back up as he raises prices to keep up with production demands.

I ordered a couple weeks ago. Will give it one more week until I request my cc credited back.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc_load_letter View Post
I think this clearly shows how business owners need to take econ 101, supply and demand. The demand is there (since he advertised a great deal) but sadly the supply is not. Look for others to take their business elsewhere (Bullet_Man) if they can't get orders out.

In time, I'm sure his supply will go back up as he raises prices to keep up with production demands.

I ordered a couple weeks ago. Will give it one more week until I request my cc credited back.
His phone number is posted, give him a call if you have waited couple weeks. The website does say a 2 week wait so if it been like 3-4 weeks then just make a simple phone call.
Old 02-05-2012, 9:02 AM

Quote:

The thing is this started out as a Black Friday special and because it was so successful he decided to keep it going. He sold 150,000rds initially. He did put the disclaimer on the site about the 14 day wait until shipping orders after the initial sale. He actually put the price back to normal for a while as he was trying to catch up. With an impending rise in price from his resized brass supplier and frustration over the same supplier not filling his orders he went ahead an purchased his own resizing equiptment and lined up a large relaible source of range brass so he could lower the price back down to the sale price and make that the normal price. His goal is affordable ammo for people. Like Wisefire said if it's been roughly 3 weeks call him. This is his personal cell number, 775 530 4239. He may surprise you.
Old 02-05-2012, 2:16 PM

Just put in my order, FREE shipping to CA works like a charm.
Old 02-05-2012, 5:22 PM
Veteran Member

Nice, will be ordering today. That's a killer deal. Good ammo anyone??

Need a holster?, please email us at StrappedKydex@gmail.com for any holsters, mag carriers, and more. Custom jobs welcomed!
Old 02-05-2012, 6:21 PM

Just be patient, everyone will get their ammo. I ordered reloads and received new manufactured ammo. Had to wait about 3 weeks but it was worth it.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:16 PM

Just ran about 750 rounds of the 9mm reloads through a 2 day pistol course, no FTE/FTF's. Worked as well as any similar factory range ammo others were using. Definetly good to go.

My only complaint and something the owner needs to fix given the awareness of the high demand/slow supply situation is changing from charging CC's at time of order to only charging when the order is ready to ship.

Saying that, the owner has made buyers aware of the long ship times upfront so buyers need to take that into account when ordering. Hopefully they catch up on things as I definetly will be ordering from them in the future.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:28 AM
Veteran Member

Just called and left a message and sent an email to "Sales". Hopefully will hear back today.

I don't really thinks it's appropriate to call his cell phone. If he doesn't have anyone answering the phone at the shop, it's really easy with the phone company to have that rolled over to a cell.

Regards.

Quote:
The thing is this started out as a Black Friday special and because it was so successful he decided to keep it going. He sold 150,000rds initially. He did put the disclaimer on the site about the 14 day wait until shipping orders after the initial sale. He actually put the price back to normal for a while as he was trying to catch up. With an impending rise in price from his resized brass supplier and frustration over the same supplier not filling his orders he went ahead an purchased his own resizing equiptment and lined up a large relaible source of range brass so he could lower the price back down to the sale price and make that the normal price. His goal is affordable ammo for people. Like Wisefire said if it's been roughly 3 weeks call him. This is his personal cell number, 775 530 4239. He may surprise you.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Just called and left a message and sent an email to "Sales". Hopefully will hear back today.

I don't really thinks it's appropriate to call his cell phone. If he doesn't have anyone answering the phone at the shop, it's really easy with the phone company to have that rolled over to a cell.

Regards.
Calling his cell number is no problem. Earlier in this thread he posted and said to call it if you couldn't reach anyone in the shop. He's ok with it.
Old 02-06-2012, 2:25 PM

As above definetly call his cell as the owner has provided it himself on here.

Emailing or calling the mainline did nothing for me (I never received a response from either when checking on my order). Everyone is probably out on the shop floor cranking out ammo to meet the swell of demand they have received due to their very nice pricing/shipping.
Old 02-06-2012, 6:02 PM

Has anyone tried the Jack Ross .45 ammo?
Reason I ask is I am about to pick up a Sig 1911. I bought 2 boxes of Federal .45 at Walmart a while back to try in friends 45's. One was a Para 1911 and the other a Colt Double eagle. It had FTF's in both where as the owners of the guns ammo (forget what it was but it was 2 different brands) worked perfectly. I'd like to order 1000 rounds of Jack Ross .45 but would like some real world experience.
Old 02-06-2012, 6:02 PM

Reason I ask is I am about to pick up a Sig 1911. I bought 2 boxes of Federal .45 at Walmart a while back to try in friends 45's. One was a Para 1911 and the other a Colt Double eagle. It had FTF's in both where as the owners of the guns ammo (forget what it was but it was 2 different brands) worked perfectly. I'd like to order 1000 rounds of Jack Ross .45 but would like some real world experience.
Old 02-06-2012, 7:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuneShoot View Post
Post #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by db42 View Post
Took mine to the range today, shot both the new manufacture 45 and the reloaded 9mm.

NEW MANUFACTURE 45ACP
The new manufacture 45 shot as well as Remington, which is what I normally use. No issues with feeding, accuracy, or ejection.

Conclusion: Great ammo at a very reasonable price - will definitely buy again.

RELOADED 9mm
The reloaded 9mm was . . . interesting.
It shot low. Low, as in -6 inches at 15yards. That said, it shot that way with exceptional consistency. All rounds landed within a 2 inch slit from left to right - which ended up cutting the bottom off the target board when it was removed from the holders. To test this theory, I also fired 25 rounds of PMC Bronze (bought at the range). It fired slightly up and right, but was within my desired target space with all 25 rounds within a 5 inch group.

This makes me think that the reloads were either not crimped fully, or were under powered.

Conclusion: Inconclusive - requires further testing.
These were very consistent; but they were consistently hitting low.
No functional problems whatsoever - feeding and ejection were flawless.

Tentative Conclusion:
I assume this was a fluke.
I'll be ordering more next month for further testing.
Old 02-07-2012, 3:00 AM

Ok I feel better I thought I was the only one stuck in waiting limbo. I tried calling for a week straight, just to get status. No answers, no reply back to emails. etc etc.

Vacation maybe? I don't know..still not cool to not be able to get a hold of someone from the shop. I guess I will just wait some more. Hopefully the ammo is worth it. Only other competition on pricing is Ventura Muntions and their price is about 45.00 more shipped.
Old 02-07-2012, 6:43 AM

hmmmm, with all the things going on, I think i'll wait until everything smooths over. Great deal on ammo though.
Old 02-07-2012, 8:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdukeric View Post
Ok I feel better I thought I was the only one stuck in waiting limbo. I tried calling for a week straight, just to get status. No answers, no reply back to emails. etc etc.

Vacation maybe? I don't know..still not cool to not be able to get a hold of someone from the shop. I guess I will just wait some more. Hopefully the ammo is worth it. Only other competition on pricing is Ventura Muntions and their price is about 45.00 more shipped.
Trust me they're not on vacation and the reason you're not reaching them is because they're in the shop making and packaging ammo. They've gone to 6 days a week full out with his wife now helping and two new employees. This has got to be the most popular deal on any ammo going at the moment. Hell it's the best deal comparitively speaking to any deal I've seen in a long time. I've talked to Rudy at Freedom Muntions and he's also working on the shipping issue to try to bring the cost down. It's a problem with FedEx. Remember that Freedom Munitions ships out of Idaho and Jack Ross ships out of Nevada.
Old 02-07-2012, 8:14 AM
Calguns Addict

i think it might be time for me to order, ive been watching for a while. I am all about supporting a good US made product and small business.

Never make yourself too available or useful...... Semper Fidelis

John Dickerson: What keeps you awake at night?
James Mattis: Nothing, I keep other people awake at night.

Old 02-07-2012, 8:38 AM
Veteran Member

No answer on his cell and no answer at the number on the web site. Bummer.

I will give it a couple more days then just do the charge back with my CC vendor.

MP
Old 02-07-2012, 3:15 PM

Quote:
Trust me they're not on vacation and the reason you're not reaching them is because they're in the shop making and packaging ammo. They've gone to 6 days a week full out with his wife now helping and two new employees. This has got to be the most popular deal on any ammo going at the moment. Hell it's the best deal comparitively speaking to any deal I've seen in a long time. I've talked to Rudy at Freedom Muntions and he's also working on the shipping issue to try to bring the cost down. It's a problem with FedEx. Remember that Freedom Munitions ships out of Idaho and Jack Ross ships out of Nevada.
Well good to know. I really don't mind waiting and I understand them being busy. But it was just the fact that there is absolutely zero communication with customers. It is my first time buying with them so I need to feel things out..and when my calls and emails are ignored. Well you get the point. It takes 10 seconds to email a quick status, and that helps to make the customer feel more comfortable, especially with reloaded ammo.

I'm glad there are supporters of them that can testify, so we can get some clarity at least.
Old 02-07-2012, 3:23 PM

Same here, been waiting for a little over 3 weeks now and no answer. Might have to do a charge back...
Old 02-07-2012, 3:33 PM

Quote:
I've talked to Rudy at Freedom Muntions and he's also working on the shipping issue to try to bring the cost down. It's a problem with FedEx. Remember that Freedom Munitions ships out of Idaho and Jack Ross ships out of Nevada.
But if I have to wait a month to receive my ammo compared to 45.00 more and I will have it in a week. Then there is a benefit to buying from Freedom. I'll wait and see how things pan out with Jack Ross though. I'm already committed to this deal.
Old 02-07-2012, 3:56 PM

Quote:
No answer on his cell and no answer at the number on the web site. Bummer.

I will give it a couple more days then just do the charge back with my CC vendor.

MP
To those of you who posted after this I've forwarded this to him. When I got the email alert from Calguns this morning it's the first thing I did. I'm not making excuses for him but though it does only take a few minutes to answer an email mulitply that by who knows how many he's getting. Maybe hundreds. I know for a fact he's slammed and doing everything he can to catch up. The only other option would be to raise the price which he absolutely doesn't want to do or out of stock this until he's caught up and he doesn't want to do that either if he can help it. I've never seen a deal with so much demand. I can only imagine what it's like at his shop.
Old 02-07-2012, 4:06 PM

No worries for me..I'm sure everything will be fine. I'm just saying a little P.R. goes a long way to keep new customers. Busy is busy..and that's great. But when a customer feels like you took his money and is dodging calls, there you go. Sure it takes a little bit of time but on a business stand point (me having been a small business owner myself) Customer relations is just as important as getting your orders out.

This helps to build long standing customers that will help with that such as yourself. Honestly if you never posted anything to my response, I would have wrote off Jack Ross Ammo already.