Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > L.A. Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2015, 5:45 PM

Default MAJOR Kudos to Burro Canyon WOT!

I have to give major congrats to the Burro Canyon Women on Target. I had been subtly encouraging my wife to attend for over a year but it was not at all high on the list of ways she wanted to spend a Saturday. But early this year during a visit with the in-laws, DW and MIL were talking in that vague general way how they should (someday) take a class to learn to shoot. I jumped on the Ipad and got them to commit right then and there to a WOT 4-5 months out, before they changed the conversation.

But several months later the booked date got pushed back and then pushed again and then yet again by DW. I didn't say a word about it but thought for sure she would just cancel, but this last weekend she and her mom ended up going. She was very visibly annoyed ... but was basically too embarrassed to ask WOT to push back her registration again. In her words, "It keeps screwing up my schedule so I'll just go and get it out of the way."

Let me tell you, end of the day her coming back was an ENTIRELY different story. She had a total blast and was really excited about shooting.

So I have to give major ups to the WOT and the volunteers.

We are actually going shooting on our anniversary because it is now fun for her. (what?) She is also excited to go back to WOT for the pistol course. (with the several times she pushed back attendance she ended up in rifle instead of the pistol course I signed her up for).

So GREAT JOB Burro Canyon WOT.
Old 08-02-2015, 10:26 PM
CGSSA Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehatt View Post
I have to give major congrats to the Burro Canyon Women on Target. I had been subtly encouraging my wife to attend for over a year but it was not at all high on the list of ways she wanted to spend a Saturday. But early this year during a visit with the in-laws, DW and MIL were talking in that vague general way how they should (someday) take a class to learn to shoot. I jumped on the Ipad and got them to commit right then and there to a WOT 4-5 months out, before they changed the conversation.

But several months later the booked date got pushed back and then pushed again and then yet again by DW. I didn't say a word about it but thought for sure she would just cancel, but this last weekend she and her mom ended up going. She was very visibly annoyed ... but was basically too embarrassed to ask WOT to push back her registration again. In her words, "It keeps screwing up my schedule so I'll just go and get it out of the way."

Let me tell you, end of the day her coming back was an ENTIRELY different story. She had a total blast and was really excited about shooting.

So I have to give major ups to the WOT and the volunteers.

We are actually going shooting on our anniversary because it is now fun for her. (what?) She is also excited to go back to WOT for the pistol course. (with the several times she pushed back attendance she ended up in rifle instead of the pistol course I signed her up for).

So GREAT JOB Burro Canyon WOT.
It was our pleasure!!! Thank you for the compliments!
NRA Benefactor Member.
CRPA Life Member.
Certified TASER and OC Spray Instructor