Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > 2nd Amend. Litigation Updates & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2nd Amend. Litigation Updates & Legal Discussion Discuss California 2A related litigation and legal topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 05-10-2018, 8:52 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rplaw View Post
I thought they had 90 days from the hearing to issue their decision. Or am I mis-remembering?
I think there's no set time limit but it's generally a few months to a year or more.
Old 05-11-2018, 5:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rplaw View Post
I thought they had 90 days from the hearing to issue their decision. Or am I mis-remembering?

BTW. meant to ask earlier; was that you in the video for Young at orals?
Yes that was me arguing. I am currently on a diet. I look at my pictures from when I was in the Marines and it makes me sad. The law has expanded the waistline a little.

The Ninth Circuit has no timeline as to when to issue a opinion. The 90 days is for the CA Supreme Court.

Last edited by wolfwood; 05-11-2018 at 7:18 AM..
Old 05-12-2018, 3:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
Now that Flanegan has left the District Court I am curious to see if they stay the case pending Young or the lawyers decide for full briefing.

Young should be decided sometime this year.
They should stay the case, although Flanagan is still trying for a CCW even in light of Peruta, so who knows.
Old 05-12-2018, 5:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
Yes that was me arguing. I am currently on a diet. I look at my pictures from when I was in the Marines and it makes me sad. The law has expanded the waistline a little.

The Ninth Circuit has no timeline as to when to issue a opinion. The 90 days is for the CA Supreme Court.
I can relate, I'm carrying an extra 40 lbs. I thought I might be mis-remembering the time frame for issuing an opinion. Hopefully it's soon rather than later, but knowing the 9th, it'll be later than later.

Evil doesn't only come in black.

Life is like a discount bakery. Usually everything is just what you ordered. But, occasionally you come face to face with an unexpected fruitcake. Surprise!

There is no "I" in Team; no "Me" in sports; no "You" in life. However, there's a ton of "Wheeeeee!" on roller coasters.