Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Rimfire Firearms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rimfire Firearms .22, .17 and other Rimfire Handguns and Rifles

Old 01-26-2014, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Waster View Post
OK, I keep thinking about (and I should just buy one to stop obsessing) a Benjamin Marauder "Precharged pneumatic" rifle, probably in .22 (.177 sounds fun too, but apparently it's louder than the .22 due to the sonic boom)

I hear it's very quiet and about as accurate as a .22, though without the range of course.

The downside is that a fricken air pump for the thing is like $200 ! But considering the current cost of .22lr ammo, that's making more sense now.

I almost feel like it's deciding to buy an electric car because gas is too expensive!

Anyone switch OR add to their stable with an air rifle?

I ask here because obviously people who love rimfire probably appreciate a good air gun.

And YES, I think this is a dupe of a thread I started a year or two ago! But things have changed and ammo cost is now a factor (even though I have 9k of .22 left)
Im in no way switching but ive been talking with a buddy about getting air rifles for almost a year now. Its time to "pull the trigger" but just not sure which one I want to START with...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinbone View Post
Honestly, this PCP rifle gives me a schoolboy grin.

Benjamin Rogue

.357 cal pellet @ 1000fps

electronic valve for different operating pressures

will take 90gn - 175gn pellet

Best of all, its relatively quiet

Did they stop making the rouge?? Everywhere I look its OOS with no idea when theyll have it back and a few list it as discontinued.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bplvr View Post
I just picked up this Benjamin Trail N/P for $150.00. These are actually
whisper quiet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplvr View Post
Well that Ted guy cost me $150.00 cuz I grabbed a Benny .22 trail NP..
I love Ted's holdover, big fan of his hunting vids.

Well, like I said, Ive been thinking about getting an air rifle for about a year now and Im ready to dive on in but I cant decide where to start. I know I want a .22 and Im pretty sure I want a thumb hole stock but im looking at a few options without. At this point im debating between one of those tuned Chinese rifles with a bulk fill CO2 option and one of four Nitro Piston break barrels.
Ive been looking at the Industry Brand Model AR2078 from flying dragon and the QB78 repeater from Archer but after the bulk fill parts and having them tune it I start thinking "why not just get the Marauder??" but the idea of 200-400 shots per 9oz fill is pretty appealing and I have both CO2 and HPA tanks in my paintball gear.

But then I start thinking, "Do you really wanna hassle with all that ?? Why not just get a break barrel and be done with it."...Easier said than done.

I have my break barrel options narrowed down to these four offerings from Benjamin/Crossman. The first one doesnt have the TH stock but the cheek riser might be a nice option. The last one also doesnt have the TH stock but its dead sexy and its listed at 50fps faster but still under the sound barrier

pretty much sums up how im feeling so any input will be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-27-2014, 8:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Waster View Post
Anyone switch OR add to their stable with an air rifle?
I sold off all my airguns and had some nice ones. The city I live in categorizes shooting a pellet or bb gun in my backyard the same as if I touch off a .30-06 in my backyard and thus I see no point in keeping the airguns. I'm not about to drive to a 'range' to shoot a bb-gun.
Old 01-29-2014, 2:51 PM

Pyramid Air is doing a "pellet bowl" sale, use code Touchdown-14 for 10% off already reduced item plus free shipping. Sale ends Feb 2nd

Last edited by ArmedCMT; 01-29-2014 at 4:24 PM..
Old 01-29-2014, 9:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmedCMT View Post
Well, like I said, Ive been thinking about getting an air rifle for about a year now and Im ready to dive on in but I cant decide where to start. I know I want a .22 and Im pretty sure I want a thumb hole stock but im looking at a few options without. At this point im debating between one of those tuned Chinese rifles with a bulk fill CO2 option and one of four Nitro Piston break barrels.
Ive been looking at the Industry Brand Model AR2078 from flying dragon and the QB78 repeater from Archer but after the bulk fill parts and having them tune it I start thinking "why not just get the Marauder??" but the idea of 200-400 shots per 9oz fill is pretty appealing and I have both CO2 and HPA tanks in my paintball gear.

But then I start thinking, "Do you really wanna hassle with all that ?? Why not just get a break barrel and be done with it."...Easier said than done.

I have my break barrel options narrowed down to these four offerings from Benjamin/Crossman. The first one doesnt have the TH stock but the cheek riser might be a nice option. The last one also doesnt have the TH stock but its dead sexy and its listed at 50fps faster but still under the sound barrier

pretty much sums up how im feeling so any input will be greatly appreciated.
Its down to TWO! Honestly Ill probably end up with both of them so the real question is where to start?? I have the tanks but my HPA needs hydro, and Ill have to buy a new hose to build a fill adapter as well as buy a new reg/valve for 2k output, so im not exactly ready to roll but I have most of the important parts and I can run it on C02 in the meantime...but as I type this I keep thinking I should just get the Trail for now and think about PCP more before jumping in.

Old 01-31-2014, 9:16 AM

I got 2 H&K co2 bb hand gun repeaters for Xmas.
23 bb's at 400fps in the back yard.
Cheap ammo + Co2=cheap shooting, double action, with co2 & bb in mags!
Loads and shoots like real with the pops too.
Kills my "gun powder" urges that cost me $100/200/days at the range.
$2 Gun fix vs. spending $100-200.
A Good Trade off.... savings... & investment!