Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Hunting and Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Hunting and Fishing Rifle, Shotgun, Handgun, Archery, Blackpowder Saltwater and Fresh Water

Old 01-21-2019, 3:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whlgun View Post
Glad he received the message.

Best
caveman
Old 01-21-2019, 3:16 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavemanlrrp View Post
Glad he received the message.

Best
caveman
Seems like there was no need to send a message. A bunch of people up in arms over nothing.
Old 01-21-2019, 3:21 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECG_88 View Post
Well I would say his problem with using them for hunting is the unsportsman ability to shoot 20 rounds at an animal running away. It doesn't jive with fair chase. Also, its impractical, 308 ARs are heavy and not suited to hiking around.

As to your 2a points, I would say that the 2nd A doesn't have anything to do with hunting. ARs are for shooting G-men coming to take your guns. Bolt actions are for hunting food to put on the table. Now I would agree with you that there shouldn't be any laws regulating what you can use for hunting, but I wouldn't prefer ARs on ethical grounds, unless you are doing population management instead of hunting. For example, eradicating nutria or wild pigs, go for it full auto.

Also I think banning bottleneck shaped cartridges has nothing to do with anti gun, more of an over penetration issue in densely populated areas back East. That's why there are shotgun only areas.
Have you ever actually hunted?! 20 shots on an animal running away?!

WE GOT JOHN WICK HERE!

Quote:
Seems like there was no need to send a message. A bunch of people up in arms over nothing.
Bottom line: He now answers to Chernin and his LIBERAL company. ABC Studios is a "for profit" company also, didn't stop them from cancelling "Last Man Standing" and firing Rosanne and losing a ton of revenue...
If he really thinks he is going to have the same autonomy as before he was owned by another entity he is a FOOL.
I have worked in Film and Television for 17 years and corporate ALWAYS has notes. ALWAYS.

Last edited by hunterb; 01-21-2019 at 3:29 PM..
Old 01-21-2019, 6:51 PM
Honorary MLC
CGN Contributor

Sometimes... sometimes things are not political...
Old 01-21-2019, 7:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECG_88 View Post
Steve does seem to lean democrat on a lot of environmental issues because he wants to keep land clean for animals and hunting.
Wow! just wow...

Now we know who is sucking up on all the CNN propaganda.
Old 01-21-2019, 7:52 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHeavyHitter View Post
Wow! just wow...

Now we know who is sucking up on all the CNN propaganda.
Did you guys just slap Alternative Facts pee pees?
Old 01-21-2019, 9:46 PM

Quote:
Thanks for that. It's a 7 minute audio clip directly addressing this issue. He's pro-hunting and wild places.

(I wrote and deleted a long rant... I'll summarize it): The number of hunters in the US is dwindling. The future of hunting is at risk. Rinella is DIRECTLY engaged in reaching out to the newer generation and speaking to them about topics they care about and in modes of media they use. He's on the side of hunting plain and simple.

If you don't know who he is and you don't care: that's fine. Ignore it. The message probably isn't for you anyway. It's for younger folks and people who didn't grow up hunting. In 1940 56% of the population in the US lived in urban environments. Now it's 80%. In California it's 95%!!!

His shows/books are to expose them to what it's all about and why it's important and why it matters for everyone.

Do you think a kid now can take a shotgun in their truck to school after hunting at dawn? Or do you think they get to hunt doves a couple miles from their house in some neighbor's fields? Those times are gone in California for the vast majority of people. THAT is what Rinella is fighting against.

Anyway, I tried to shorten it and I failed. Of all people to get riled up about on a hunting forum this is surprising...
Old 01-21-2019, 9:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyGoatCrawler View Post
Did you guys just slap Alternative Facts pee pees?
While I do not personally know any of these so-called "pee pees" who
work for Alternative Facts (CNN), I won't hesitate to smack down the lies that somehow "only democrats care for the environment". I'm absolutely certain that conservative hunters are just as committed to preserving the environment as any of the lefties..
Old 01-22-2019, 7:28 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I listened to it, doesnt really address the issue as I see it. The problem as I see it is Meateater getting involved with a liberal investment group financially. I wouldnt be concerned that his message would change, or that his show would change, but rather that a portion of the proceeds of the show will undoubtedly go to supporting anti-gun and anti-hunting measures. He did not address that issue at all in the message.
Old 01-22-2019, 9:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoooper View Post
I listened to it, doesnt really address the issue as I see it. The problem as I see it is Meateater getting involved with a liberal investment group financially. I wouldnt be concerned that his message would change, or that his show would change, but rather that a portion of the proceeds of the show will undoubtedly go to supporting anti-gun and anti-hunting measures. He did not address that issue at all in the message.
I hadn't considered that. That's a good point. Still, I'd wager there is a much larger impact with thousands of people becoming exposed to hunting ethics and traditions that otherwise wouldn't have.
Old 01-23-2019, 7:50 AM
Honorary MLC
CGN Contributor

If you quit buying anything from any company that supports or has money going towards anti-gun and anti-hunting measures, you wouldn't be buying much of anything, ever, at all.

Sometimes... Things are not political.

Last edited by Spyder; 01-23-2019 at 7:57 AM..
Old 01-23-2019, 8:40 AM
Pitbull Apologist
CGN Contributor

My two oldest (13,10) and myself enjoy his shows. We have never hunted and they ask me if they can do what he does. (I would). We love the outdoors/camping/fishing/etc. As an expert on hunting, I'll listen. His 2A stance is disconcerting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHT762 View Post
Can I bring my Donkey? He loves Chunky Monkey.

Last edited by DevilDawgJJ; 01-23-2019 at 8:43 AM..
Old 01-23-2019, 8:50 AM
Veteran Member

1: From listening to his podcasts, I always got the feeling he's a bit of a jackass... he's an expert in his field, to be sure, but I doubt he and I would get along well in person.

2: if I can listen after he said he refuses to sell his tshirts in 3xl because, basically, fat people don't hunt "properly", I can handle this

3: if you had a choice between moral purity or making sure your spouse's and kids' financial future was better taken care of, which would you choose?

3.5: before you answer #3, how many times have you said you would "do anything" for your children?
Old 01-23-2019, 10:26 AM
Veteran Member

He's much better about doin the dance than was Zumbo.