Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Technology and Internet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Technology and Internet Emerging and current tech related issues. Internet, DRM, IP, and other technology related discussions.

Old 07-29-2018, 6:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckDizzle View Post
I just got a S9 last week. Thing absolutely smokes on speed.
Let us know when it sets your pocket on fire.
Old 08-10-2018, 3:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorn5150 View Post
It has been discovered. That is why they are not allowed by the DOD and Pentagon.
And Verizon AT&T T Mobile bowed down to US Government (Trump) pressure and will not sell them.... Even though unlocked will work but without the companies' features (fluff)...
Old 08-10-2018, 6:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by readysetgo View Post
My wife and kids have iphones, I have a knock off Android, use to have iphone 4. Iphone is pretty intuitive, shouldn't be hard to learn on.

Just curious as to what you mean by knock off Android? If it runs the Android OS, then it is an Android phone. Do mean a knock off/fake/replica of a flagship phone like the Samsung Galaxy S9?
Old 08-10-2018, 6:09 PM
Win win win win
CGN Contributor

Location: Ventura County, Caught Between My Woman And My Pistol And My Chips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jel View Post
Just curious as to what you mean by knock off Android? If it runs the Android OS, then it is an Android phone. Do mean a knock off/fake/replica of a flagship phone like the Samsung Galaxy S9?
Amazon Firephone. I guess it's all android but since it's amazoncentric, kinda blocking google, it feels different.

Old 08-10-2018, 6:29 PM

android

unless you don't mind letting apple decide what you can do.
Old 08-10-2018, 6:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the86d View Post
You can get a NIB LG V20 for ~$200, and only like 1-gen behind current.

Links to said NIB LG V20? That is a good deal for a great phone.
Old 08-10-2018, 6:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by readysetgo View Post
Amazon Firephone. I guess it's all android but since it's amazoncentric, kinda blocking google, it feels different.

Ah...I totally get it. Just like my Kindle tablet. While the underlying OS is Android, Amazon certainly did some major tweaking to it.
Old 08-23-2018, 10:35 PM

I had the first 4 iphones, and switch to Samsung since the s5. If you are not tied to imessages then I prefer the Samsung/android experience since it gives me a lot of custom options. Iphone's facetime and imessages are really easy to teach your grandparents on and is seamless between iphone, to the ipad, to the macbook...etc.

I was going to switch back and try the iphone x, but I was really disappointed the innovation and tech specs of the phone x. When I drop 1k into a phone, it better have the best technology.

I also have tried the Google pixel, but I like the weight and quality that Samsung has created with the s8 and s9 series.

Newer apps and games seem to come out sooner on the IOS apple than the google play store.
Old 08-24-2018, 5:52 AM

I really like my Note 8.
I believe with the absolute failure of the Note 7 Samsung really dotted their i's and crossed their t's on the Note 8 paying extreme close detail to its design, materials and manufacturing process to make a phone as perfect as possible without cheaper shortcuts.....To restore their image as a premier Android device.
I HOPE they don't start getting slack again...
Old 09-18-2018, 7:33 PM

The company gave me an I phone for out in the field and I have Android as my personal phone.
Apple search constantly misinterprets voice inputs when I'm searching while Android always gets it right, I never will get used to the absence of the back button or one tap for open applications, I just like the way Android does things better, I work with my hands and my brain together, Apple just doesn't get it.
It's like Apple was designed by desk jockeys and Android by people who work with tangible products and get to actually create something that you can touch and feel.
Old 09-18-2018, 7:38 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I too have an iPhone X and love it. Battery life is great and it's very fast. I would wait until the new phones come out. You can pre-order now, but I would wait if you want to touch and feel them in the store (if the stores don't already have demos.)

https://www.apple.com/iphone/compare/

Old 09-18-2018, 10:12 PM
Veteran Member

I preordered the iPhone Xs max last week. I’ll let you know how it is when it arrives. I’ve gone from an iPhone 3g,4s,6, and now the Xs max. They just plain work. I’ve had Samsung tablets and and my parents have the phones and I just can’t use them. Neither can they but that is an age thing. To me the OS just isn’t that intuitive. I love my Samsung TVs and fridge though!

A government is a body of people usually notably ungoverned.

-Shepard Booke R.I.P.