Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > San Diego Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-31-2017, 11:05 PM
92se-r 92se-r is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 89
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default David Myers for Sheriff

Well, we might as well start the conversation. Our favorite Sheriff is running for re-election and is already collecting endorsements from local Republican groups. One of his Commanders, David Myers is running as a Democrat against him. My question is, will you guys vote for him? For many of you, this might be the first time you would even consider a Democrat, I know thats where I stand currently. I feel like anything is better than Gore. I have yet to see a single thing Gore does that makes him a Republican. At a minimum, having Gore lose would make the San Diego GOP take notice and stop taking gun owners for granted. Gore is literally the face of gun control against CCW in this nation and he is a Republican. And yet, the SD GOP didnt care that he was running unopposed, they still endorsed him. That is how little they think of gun owners. Now that Gore has someone going against him, maybe its time to make our voice heard. Myers has actually stated in public on facebook that he will issue CCW permits. Whether this is lip service or not remains to be seen. However, what do we have to lose? What say you Calguns?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-01-2017, 10:45 AM
Jimi Jah's Avatar
Jimi Jah Jimi Jah is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North San Diego County
Posts: 12,586
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

If the policies here don't change there is little benefit to making that change. Gore may be a better choice because he's older and will go sooner.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-01-2017, 10:48 AM
SDCutter's Avatar
SDCutter SDCutter is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 132
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

Can you please hyperlink where we can find Myers' statement about issuing CCW permits? I looked at his Facebook page and could not locate this.

I'm assuming SDCGO will be interviewing Myers in detail about his views. (See http://sandiegocountygunowners.com/p...f-endorsement/ ) I'll be very interested to see what SDCGO says.
__________________
My other ride is a cutting horse.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-30-2017, 4:36 AM
FCOD's Avatar
FCOD FCOD is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,803
iTrader: 178 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCutter View Post
Can you please hyperlink where we can find Myers' statement about issuing CCW permits? I looked at his Facebook page and could not locate this.

I'm assuming SDCGO will be interviewing Myers in detail about his views. (See http://sandiegocountygunowners.com/p...f-endorsement/ ) I'll be very interested to see what SDCGO says.
Not sure of the link, but Mr Myers was a guest speaker on a firearms related talk show and the question was asked would he issue CCWs to someone with self defense being the reason for request to which he answered yes. I think it was back in June. I listened to is on Facebook, but can't find it since I'm not on FB anymore.
__________________
.45 ACP - Because having to shoot twice is just silly.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-01-2017, 11:24 AM
92se-r 92se-r is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 89
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

IMO, voting for Gore is the definition of insanity. Democrats and Republicans are split pretty evenly 50/50 in San Diego. Historically gun owners vote Republican. We are a swing vote. In my mind, how can it possibly get any worse than Gore? If Myers doesnt issue and goes back on his word, next election I am pretty sure the GOP will endorse a candidate that supports gun rights. If we continue to support Gore, why would the GOP even go out of their way to get a gun friendly Sheriff even when Gore is gone?

SDCGO is interviewing him on their radio show this Sunday on 1170AM at 4pm.

I think this is the problem with gun owners in California. We need to have honest discussions and unify. Our numbers show we should be more powerful than we are.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-01-2017, 11:29 AM
GlockN'Roll's Avatar
GlockN'Roll GlockN'Roll is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: SOUTHERN CAL
Posts: 2,410
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Sheriff's, however gun friendly, often have bosses that aren't, but that still have power over their decisions.

Promises made during elections, especially by demoncraps, are generally worthless...
__________________

Discreet, Legal Carry in 37 States...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-13-2017, 11:58 AM
Blade Gunner's Avatar
Blade Gunner Blade Gunner is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 4,403
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockN'Roll View Post
Sheriff's, however gun friendly, often have bosses that aren't, but that still have power over their decisions.

Promises made during elections, especially by demoncraps, are generally worthless...


"If you like your health plan you can keep it. If you like your Dr you can keep them. No one is taking that away from you"


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
If you find yourself in a fair fight, you're doing it all wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-01-2017, 11:32 AM
92se-r 92se-r is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 89
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Can you explain who is the boss of the Sheriff?

So you would rather vote party lines rather than on the actual issues?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-01-2017, 11:51 AM
GlockN'Roll's Avatar
GlockN'Roll GlockN'Roll is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: SOUTHERN CAL
Posts: 2,410
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92se-r View Post
Can you explain who is the boss of the Sheriff?

So you would rather vote party lines rather than on the actual issues?
Typically a county sheriff reports to the county board of supervisors.

Where did I say that I would rather vote on party lines rather than issues?
__________________

Discreet, Legal Carry in 37 States...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-01-2017, 1:41 PM
brianinca brianinca is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 363
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockN'Roll View Post
Typically a county sheriff reports to the county board of supervisors.

Where did I say that I would rather vote on party lines rather than issues?
Uhhhh, no, the budget comes from the BOS, but the ELECTED Sheriff reports to the VOTERS. Elected offices have HUGELY more power in County Gov't than appointed positions.

You would have to be insane to vote for Gore under any circumstances if you owned nothing more than airsoft.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-01-2017, 12:05 PM
92se-r 92se-r is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 89
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

So you aren't going to vote for the guy because he is a Democrat. But you would vote for a guy that wont enforce immigration law and supports gun control?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-01-2017, 3:18 PM
numpty's Avatar
numpty numpty is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,040
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Let's shake things up.

Pending what SDCGO finds out about him, I'm in!

I hope they ask the question, "Will Self Defense be good cause for issuance of a CCW?"
__________________
error 500

I owe FP something.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-01-2017, 3:23 PM
numpty's Avatar
numpty numpty is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,040
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

In that interview, they should bring up the nonsense that happened in the Peruta case. The recent acknowledgement of the gang problems in SD. The terrorist hot-bed that SD is. And that all of those people will be carrying guns regardless of what limitations you put on everyone else.

Why should the average, law-abiding resident not have the option of concealed carry to protect themselves and their families?
__________________
error 500

I owe FP something.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-01-2017, 7:58 PM
L84CABO's Avatar
L84CABO L84CABO is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Orcas Island, WA and San Diego
Posts: 5,397
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Wait, Gore is running as a Republican? How is that even possible?

And yea, at this point I will vote for anyone but Gore. My hope is that there will be a good, pro gun candidate. But if not, I'd vote for the most rabidly anti gun Democrap just to give a big F.U. to Gore. It's not like anyone could be much worse.
__________________
"Kestryll I wanna lick your doughnut."

Fighter Pilot
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-01-2017, 9:19 PM
92se-r 92se-r is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 89
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Gore has always run as a Republican. Whats even worse is he ran unopposed last election, and the San Diego GOP still endorsed him. What kind of backdoor deal happened there?

The real FU deserves to be aimed at the SD GOP for selling out gun owners and taking us for granted. Im almost ready to turn San Diego blue in the next election to prove a point. I guarantee you the election after that, SD GOP would only endorse gun friendly candidates.

Last edited by 92se-r; 06-01-2017 at 9:22 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-18-2017, 11:37 PM
Paladin's Avatar
Paladin Paladin is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SFBA
Posts: 8,416
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92se-r View Post
Gore has always run as a Republican. Whats even worse is he ran unopposed last election, and the San Diego GOP still endorsed him. What kind of backdoor deal happened there?

The real FU deserves to be aimed at the SD GOP for selling out gun owners and taking us for granted. Im almost ready to turn San Diego blue in the next election to prove a point. I guarantee you the election after that, SD GOP would only endorse gun friendly candidates.
In the 2010 election, did the NRA endorse Gore? Did they even ask for his position on SD = GC for CCWs?

Last election (2014, IIRC), did the NRA endorse Gore when he was fighting against Peruta?

Did the NRA-ILA?

Did your local NRA Members' Council of San Diego? http://nramemberscouncils.com/direct...l-of-san-diego

Whoever liberalizes CCWs from the SDSO had better realize they'll probably have 15,000 applications submitted during the first 4 years. If they do not also have a plan for dealing with such a deluge, the process will get so backed up, very few people will get issued. Make the candidates tell/promise how they plan to deal with the deluge. Only by getting large numbers of people issued ASAP will ensure San Diego can never go back to restrictive issuance.
__________________
Never mistake being delusional for being optimistic.

230+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif

Last edited by Paladin; 07-19-2017 at 12:29 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-01-2017, 11:49 PM
SD County Gun Owners PAC SD County Gun Owners PAC is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: San Diego
Posts: 307
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

We will continue to vet him and get him to explain what his policies on CCWs will be. We won't endorse him unless he is strong on CCWs and is a viable candidate. We won't ask you to support him if he isn't doing what it takes to win.

Listen to the interview live on 1170am this Sunday at 4pm.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-02-2017, 9:31 AM
Jimi Jah's Avatar
Jimi Jah Jimi Jah is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North San Diego County
Posts: 12,586
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

In the long term an old Gore is better than a young democrat.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-02-2017, 12:13 PM
92se-r 92se-r is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 89
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

So say Gore has one more term in him. What do you do if SD GOP endorses a young anti-gun Republican?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-05-2017, 1:34 PM
92se-r 92se-r is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 89
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Well, straight from the horses mouth. Here he is interviewed by mike schwartz from sd gun owners.

http://sandiegocountygunowners.com/podcasts/
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-06-2017, 8:32 AM
SD County Gun Owners PAC SD County Gun Owners PAC is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: San Diego
Posts: 307
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Survey Says!

https://sdrostra.com/undesignated/su...sheriffs-race/
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-06-2017, 9:39 AM
Jimi Jah's Avatar
Jimi Jah Jimi Jah is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North San Diego County
Posts: 12,586
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

It's not what they say, it's what they do.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-06-2017, 9:46 AM
njineermike's Avatar
njineermike njineermike is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: CO
Posts: 9,644
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

I refused to vote for Gore both times he was on a ballot and I was in his district. Would I vote for a pro-2A democrat? Begrudgingly, but if it's that or Gore, the pro 2A (D) gets my vote. Then gain, since I have yet to be anywhere a pro 2A (D) was running, it hasn't been an issue up til now for me. And since I moved, I dont see it being an issue for quite some time.
__________________
NRA lifetime member
2AF Defender member

When did I go from being a "citizen" to a "taxpayer"?

Jon Lovitz: ‘I can’t wait to go to a hospital run by the DMV!’

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
Dude went full CNN...
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-06-2017, 10:07 AM
92se-r 92se-r is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 89
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Jimi Jah, so you have seen what Gore will do and say, what will you do this election? So you will wait for Myers to get voted in, if he gets voted in, and then vote for him? Thats not exactly how this works. So want to clarify your position?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-07-2017, 9:58 AM
Jimi Jah's Avatar
Jimi Jah Jimi Jah is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North San Diego County
Posts: 12,586
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92se-r View Post
Jimi Jah, so you have seen what Gore will do and say, what will you do this election? So you will wait for Myers to get voted in, if he gets voted in, and then vote for him? Thats not exactly how this works. So want to clarify your position?
It's pretty simple: I support any SD sheriff candidate that promises to issue CCW's and will not use the current determination.

If they do that I will vote for them, otherwise I leave it blank like other offices without a choice. Total ballots cast vs votes tallied = the "none are acceptible" votes.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-06-2017, 11:40 PM
MajorCaliber MajorCaliber is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 241
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I listened to David Myers's interview and he certainly said encouraging things about "the right to self defense", and approving CCW applications based on self defense/personal protection. Based on that, he is a huge improvement over Gore. On the other hand, he referred to a background investigation process that included, "talking to your friends, neighbors, employer". This concerns me. On what basis would he deny my right to self defense based on opinions or comments from my neighbors, friends, or employer? What other constitutional rights does he think I can be denied on a similar basis? Additionally, I think it is an invasion of my privacy to disclose my gun ownership or interest to these people. I have certainly had sketchy neighbors who would have been highly motivated to break into my house to steal guns, when I know they were willing to break into my car for far less, and I have had employers who were rabid anti-gun nuts who would have been likely to find an excuse to terminate my employment if they knew I was a gun owner.
__________________
I wish today's liberals could understand: You cannot be generous by giving away other peoples' money and you cannot demonstrate your virtue by your willingness to give up other peoples' rights.

The more time I spend on this forum, the more sense kcbrown makes.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-07-2017, 1:05 PM
92se-r 92se-r is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 89
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Jimi jah, did you get a chance to listen to his interview?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-08-2017, 9:22 AM
Jimi Jah's Avatar
Jimi Jah Jimi Jah is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North San Diego County
Posts: 12,586
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Nope but I'm sure I'll get the ghist of it before election time next year. There is plenty of time to get candidates to make a gaft or two. Far too early to make any decision.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-08-2017, 9:37 AM
PTLaro PTLaro is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 201
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

I listened to the radio interview and it is amazing how people without knowing much about David Myers will vote for him just because he "CLAIMS" to support issuing CCW's the way people desire.

HE IS A DEMOCRAT! He is trying to win an election. He can say he wants to allow more CCW's now, but later make it very difficult by reducing the people working on the permits and many other ways if he chooses.

He has not been vetted. IT is amazing how the Radio Show hosts and Mr. Schwartz basically endorsed him after speaking with him for a few minutes on the radio.

Don't be Sheeple! What do most of the other Democrat politicians feel about this issue. You don't think they will have influence on him?

I don't like Sheriff' Gore's policy on CCW's but I trust this guy less. Gore lost the case and gave up on it and the State of California pushed it further. Gore's attorney's did not even show up ath En Banc hearing.

My guess is he would have complied with issuing CCW's on a Shall Issue basis as decided by the 3 judge panel had not a DEMOCRAT Attorney General not taken it to En Banc.

I think it is better to get some SCOTUS decisions in our favor rather than trusting a Democrat.

I thought the SDCGO was going to "groom" a candidate. Is this him?

Maybe we should get the NRA involved with vetting him.

Don be won over so easily.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-17-2017, 5:01 PM
ScottyXbones's Avatar
ScottyXbones ScottyXbones is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 895
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTLaro View Post
I listened to the radio interview and it is amazing how people without knowing much about David Myers will vote for him just because he "CLAIMS" to support issuing CCW's the way people desire.

HE IS A DEMOCRAT! He is trying to win an election. He can say he wants to allow more CCW's now, but later make it very difficult by reducing the people working on the permits and many other ways if he chooses.

He has not been vetted. IT is amazing how the Radio Show hosts and Mr. Schwartz basically endorsed him after speaking with him for a few minutes on the radio.

Don't be Sheeple! What do most of the other Democrat politicians feel about this issue. You don't think they will have influence on him?

I don't like Sheriff' Gore's policy on CCW's but I trust this guy less. Gore lost the case and gave up on it and the State of California pushed it further. Gore's attorney's did not even show up ath En Banc hearing.

My guess is he would have complied with issuing CCW's on a Shall Issue basis as decided by the 3 judge panel had not a DEMOCRAT Attorney General not taken it to En Banc.

I think it is better to get some SCOTUS decisions in our favor rather than trusting a Democrat.

I thought the SDCGO was going to "groom" a candidate. Is this him?

Maybe we should get the NRA involved with vetting him.

Don be won over so easily.

Lol, so vote Gore because of party lines? No way José. Gore can decide this afternoon to start using ccw's if he wanted to. He's anti 2A.

I, and many, many others would vote for (and throw fundraisers for) a sheriff that issues over one that doesn't. Simple as that.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 06-08-2017, 4:34 PM
92se-r 92se-r is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 89
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Lets correct some misinformation right now for good. You are making it seem like Gore has his hands tied because of the Ninth circuit or the Attorney General. Several counties have Sheriffs that accept self defense as good cause for CCW. Gore CHOOSES not to accept this as good cause and uses the court decision as a copout. Who is the sheeple when you blindly follow party lines? I know what I am getting with Gore. He doesnt enforce immigration law and believes in gun control. What is there that is any part Republican about him? Yet you blindly vote for him because he has an R behind his name.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 06-08-2017, 4:45 PM
AGGRO's Avatar
AGGRO AGGRO is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,927
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92se-r View Post
Lets correct some misinformation right now for good. You are making it seem like Gore has his hands tied because of the Ninth circuit or the Attorney General. Several counties have Sheriffs that accept self defense as good cause for CCW. Gore CHOOSES not to accept this as good cause and uses the court decision as a copout. Who is the sheeple when you blindly follow party lines? I know what I am getting with Gore. He doesnt enforce immigration law and believes in gun control. What is there that is any part Republican about him? Yet you blindly vote for him because he has an R behind his name.
No more RINOs. Gore is Brown with a different letter.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06-08-2017, 4:45 PM
SD County Gun Owners PAC SD County Gun Owners PAC is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: San Diego
Posts: 307
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

PT, you put quotes around "groom". Can you show us what you are quoting?

I have not endorsed Myers. SDCGO has not endorsed Myers. We've had a few in person meetings, exchanged a few emails, and talked on the phone a few times. We will continue to vet him and that will include a questionnaire. Our Board will discuss endorsements in early January.

We don't care what party he belongs to. We are nonpartisan organization. So his political party affiliation will have no effect on deciding endorsements. We will continue to vet him which is what the radio show was a part of.

So the Democratic Party candidate came on the show and was crystal clear that he will issue CCWs using self-defense as good cause. Will your Republican Party candidate do the same?
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 06-08-2017, 8:25 PM
PTLaro PTLaro is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 201
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD County Gun Owners PAC View Post
PT, you put quotes around "groom". Can you show us what you are quoting?

I have not endorsed Myers. SDCGO has not endorsed Myers. We've had a few in person meetings, exchanged a few emails, and talked on the phone a few times. We will continue to vet him and that will include a questionnaire. Our Board will discuss endorsements in early January.

We don't care what party he belongs to. We are nonpartisan organization. So his political party affiliation will have no effect on deciding endorsements. We will continue to vet him which is what the radio show was a part of.

So the Democratic Party candidate came on the show and was crystal clear that he will issue CCWs using self-defense as good cause. Will your Republican Party candidate do the same?
I cannot not quote SDCGO on "grooming" but I remember hearing something from the organization about trying find a candidate to run against Sheriff Gore. If that is incorrect than I will admit that I stated that in error.

As for as endorsing him, no you did not come out and say you or SDCGO would support him as Lance and Dave did, but it certainly seemed that way, as you asked him for his information so people could check him out. Maybe that could have waited until a more lengthy public interview.

I think a lot of gun owners will follow SDCGO lead and I think the interview did not show much due diligence.

This is such a hot topic with people and they are going to support him without digging a little deeper.

Maybe you should ask Sheriff Gore to do the same interview and let us know his response. Maybe now that he has some real competition he may change his view on CCW permits.

I do believe you and SDCGO are doing a good job so this was not an attack on your or the organization.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 06-08-2017, 6:54 PM
PTLaro PTLaro is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 201
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92se-r View Post
Lets correct some misinformation right now for good. You are making it seem like Gore has his hands tied because of the Ninth circuit or the Attorney General. Several counties have Sheriffs that accept self defense as good cause for CCW. Gore CHOOSES not to accept this as good cause and uses the court decision as a copout. Who is the sheeple when you blindly follow party lines? I know what I am getting with Gore. He doesnt enforce immigration law and believes in gun control. What is there that is any part Republican about him? Yet you blindly vote for him because he has an R behind his name.
I did not believe Gore's hands are tied, but if the Democrat AG of California had not requested an En Banc hearing, he would issue CCW's based on his comments after losing with the 3 judge panel. In other word's he was willing to comply with that 3 judge decision. He did not appeal to the En Banc hearing.

As far as enforcing immigration law, if your are referring to not complying with ICE detaining orders, the article in the UT explained that the Democrats of the State of California will not allow him to comply with their orders. The article also states that he does allow ICE agents office space and access to their computers. I can support that policy on criminals given the circumstances. Do you?

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...401-story.html It explains his way around the states law.

I vote with conservative views. The R's come a lot closer than D's. Also, I have seen D's continue to take away our 2nd amendment rights nationally as well as within our state. They have too much control in this state, giving them more power in this county is not going to help us.

As far as sheeple, I feel that too many gun owners are too caught up solely in the CCW issue. As I stated previously, he can say he supports CCW but later can make it difficult to obtain while still saying he does support it. Cut staff in that area. "He supports CCW but the Department just does not have the resources to support it"

I am glad you brought up immigration, it is not just about CCW. Apparently you are not a sheeple.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 06-08-2017, 7:12 PM
92se-r 92se-r is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 89
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

You keep excusing Gore saying Democrats are tying his hands. That is funny, because Sheriff Jones in Sacramento in under the EXACT same California law, and has effectively made Sacramento county shall issue AND coordinates with ICE in jails for detainer holds. Same laws, same Republican party, 2 different sheriffs, 2 very different results.

You still have yet to explain a single conservative aspect about Gore. It sure seems like you are voting based on party lines, and not the actual issues.

Immigration law and CCW are the two main things the Sheriff has discretion over. Gore fails on both. But yet you wouldnt even consider Myers because he is a Democrat.

https://www.aclusandiego.org/sheriff...gration-holds/

http://www.elkgrovenews.net/2017/03/...ce_28.html?m=0

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/cri...121987214.html
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 06-08-2017, 8:02 PM
PTLaro PTLaro is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 201
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92se-r View Post
You keep excusing Gore saying Democrats are tying his hands. That is funny, because Sheriff Jones in Sacramento in under the EXACT same California law, and has effectively made Sacramento county shall issue AND coordinates with ICE in jails for detainer holds. Same laws, same Republican party, 2 different sheriffs, 2 very different results.

You still have yet to explain a single conservative aspect about Gore. It sure seems like you are voting based on party lines, and not the actual issues.

Immigration law and CCW are the two main things the Sheriff has discretion over. Gore fails on both. But yet you wouldnt even consider Myers because he is a Democrat.

https://www.aclusandiego.org/sheriff...gration-holds/

http://www.elkgrovenews.net/2017/03/...ce_28.html?m=0

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/cri...121987214.html

Based on the UT article I don't find that failing on immigration. Immigration is really a Federal issue. Gore's responsibility is crime in San Diego County.

It seems that I have already explained my view on voting Democrat. We have a One party state. That is communism. How do you think they rammed all those guns laws through last year. They had no Republicans to slow them down. They don't need anymore help keeping control.

I can wait for a court decision to change the CCW's policy before voting for Myers. There are few in the courts now.

With reference to the sheeple point, listen to the interview again and both Lance and Dave say they will support him because of his CCW policy. Shouldn't we be asking more questions on other issues before giving support?
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 06-08-2017, 8:24 PM
92se-r 92se-r is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 89
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

You are voting for a Sheriff, not a lawmaker. The only thing they really impact is immigration enforcement and ccw issuance.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 06-08-2017, 8:28 PM
PTLaro PTLaro is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 201
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92se-r View Post
You are voting for a Sheriff, not a lawmaker. The only thing they really impact is immigration enforcement and ccw issuance.

Then why do they even state their party affiliation if party does not matter?
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 06-08-2017, 9:12 PM
baranski's Avatar
baranski baranski is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: South Vista
Posts: 2,550
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92se-r View Post
You are voting for a Sheriff, not a lawmaker. The only thing they really impact is immigration enforcement and ccw issuance.

Of which either loser will do nothing about.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:06 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.