Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 11-17-2017, 11:06 AM

Got another rejection today because they couldn’t see the caliber information on my tavor
Old 11-17-2017, 11:48 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
Sorry, I meant fifth amendment. You know what I mean:

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself; nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use without just compensation.
That one doesn't help either. Nobody is taking anything from anybody for public use.
Old 11-17-2017, 1:51 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

"The information needed for this application should match exactly what is stamped on the firearm. The barrel may be interchangeable, however, the firearm is stamped with .308 and not "MULTI." Sorry for any inconvenience."

I opened an issue stating that "LM308MWS" means "Lewis Machine 308 Modular Weapon System" and that the rifle was specifically designed for calliber and barrel legnth interchangability. We shall see.....

Rasyad
Old 11-17-2017, 3:14 PM

just got 4 more for my AUG lol
Old 11-17-2017, 3:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasyad View Post
"The information needed for this application should match exactly what is stamped on the firearm. The barrel may be interchangeable, however, the firearm is stamped with .308 and not "MULTI." Sorry for any inconvenience."

I opened an issue stating that "LM308MWS" means "Lewis Machine 308 Modular Weapon System" and that the rifle was specifically designed for calliber and barrel legnth interchangability. We shall see.....

Rasyad

They kicked back caliber based on the model name? Is the lower engraved with “Cal: Multi” ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-17-2017, 4:24 PM
Ordo Militaris Templi
CGN Contributor

I will do my recently bought AK-47 (2016) as a test case for me.

What do you guys do when you can't remember when/who you got it from?

In America, freedom and justice have always come from the ballot box, the jury box, and when that fails, the cartridge box.
Steve Symms, ex-U.S. Senator, Idaho

Old 11-17-2017, 4:52 PM
Just me, baby. Just me.
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese Falcon View Post
What do you guys do when you can't remember when/who you got it from?

"The guy on the street corner." ?
Old 11-18-2017, 9:28 AM

#3:

> Thank you for submitting your application. Based on the photos provided, the caliber stamp is not visible on your firearm. The caliber may be stamped on the barrel of your firearm. Please upload a photo of the barrel stamp using the optional extra image option. Refer to California Code of Regulations, title 11, section 5474 (c) for more information: https://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/a...let-button.pdf

This is for a Tavor SAR. I've comment that they're interchangable, and sent a photo of it with the 5.56 barrel attached, and the 9mm next to it.
Old 11-18-2017, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somefred View Post
#3:

> Thank you for submitting your application. Based on the photos provided, the caliber stamp is not visible on your firearm. The caliber may be stamped on the barrel of your firearm. Please upload a photo of the barrel stamp using the optional extra image option. Refer to California Code of Regulations, title 11, section 5474 (c) for more information: https://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/a...let-button.pdf

This is for a Tavor SAR. I've comment that they're interchangable, and sent a photo of it with the 5.56 barrel attached, and the 9mm next to it.
did you get this today on a Saturday?
Old 11-18-2017, 1:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy93 View Post
did you get this today on a Saturday?
no, yesterday - but I didn't deal with it until today.
Old 11-18-2017, 2:27 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by somefred View Post
#3:

This is total bull****. Nowhere in 5474(c) does it mention caliber.

Quote:
(c) Clear digital photos of firearms listed on the application. One photo shall depict the bullet-
button style magazine release installed on the firearm. One photo shall depict the firearm
from the end of the barrel to the end of the stock if it is a long gun or the point furthest
from the end of the barrel if it is a pistol. The other two photos shall show the left side of
the receiver/frame and right side of the receiver/frame. These locations are typically where
firearms are marked when manufacturing is complete. At the discretion of the Department
the last two photos shall be substituted for photos of identification markings at some other
locations on the firearm.
Old 11-18-2017, 4:53 PM
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor

It's down right criminal. No mention even in the regs about this need to prove caliber. Please save all your correspondence and put it into a folder, it might be needed in the future.

They overstep then overstep and continue to make illegal rules part of this garbage process.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Old 11-18-2017, 5:42 PM

So if I attempt to reg one or both of my 5.56 cal "multi" marked Aero lower equipped rifles-should I put 5.56 for caliber-or is there a choice for multi?

Or does it depend if the DOJ Employee I get reviewing my registration that day is:

1. Competent
2. Semi-Competent
3. Semi-Retard
4. Full Retard

Because -reading these threads here-DOJ does seem..possibly..to have all of the above employed.

Also-see this post from another thread-looks like he was rejected when he chose "interchangeable barrels"and they saw 5.56 on his lower:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...&postcount=490

Above post from this thread:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1364777

Last edited by LEAD LAUNCHER; 11-18-2017 at 6:02 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 11-18-2017, 6:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAD LAUNCHER View Post
So if I attempt to reg one or both of my 5.56 cal "multi" marked Aero lower equipped rifles-should I put 5.56 for caliber-or is there a choice for multi?

Or does it depend if the DOJ Employee I get reviewing my registration that day is:

1. Competent
2. Semi-Competent
3. Semi-Retard
4. Full Retard

Because -reading these threads here-DOJ does seem..possibly..to have all of the above employed.

Also-see this post from another thread-looks like he was rejected when he chose "interchangable barrels"and they saw 5.56 on his lower:

I'm going to list it as interchangable and if I get any rejects based on photos, I'm not going to go out of my way to meet their requests even if it means getting rejected over and over again.
WTB: Pietta 45lc conversion cylinder
Old 11-18-2017, 6:54 PM

the procedure seems to be as follows:

all firearms are computer cross check with dates acquired and drop start dates, automatically rejecting those that don't match. then they assign a task to various groups of people.

first group manually go through every submission and make sure the make is correct.

First group while your at it, please make sure the photos are correct with all legible information, if you can't tell, reject the photos as well.

next group, check the model and make sure it is correct, if you can't tell, reject the photo as well.

next group, check the caliber is correct, if you can't tell, reject the photo as well. and so on.

different people in each group on different days will miss or handle things differently than one another due to how difficult some of these tasks are to remember to check everything and cross reference with the photo. they get tired, hungry, and make human errors too.

Utilizing this method, the same firearm can be rejected multiple times for different reasons rather than one time with all the reasons listed. it is faster on their end, but ultimately drags out the entire process on our end.

once it has gone through the various groups it gets passed on to the next group to be part of their assignment, and when it gets to the last group for whatever they have to check, it gets the "you will be notified by mail" confirmation email.
Old 11-18-2017, 7:59 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAD LAUNCHER View Post

1. Competent
2. Semi-Competent
3. Semi-Retard
4. Full Retard

Also-see this post from another thread-looks like he was rejected when he chose "interchangeable barrels"and they saw 5.56 on his lower:

I put 556 for my aero lower marked multi and it was accepted.
Actually submitted 4 rifles from different manufacturers(jd, mega, etc) and they're all marked multi.
As you stated though, your mileage may vary.

I'd still lean towards putting 556 and using the notes section to explain, "rifle as built is chambered in 556. Receiver says multi as these receivers could used for rifles in other calibers"
Old 11-18-2017, 8:03 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Don't think they could check dates. Rifle registration didn't start until few years ago.

Quote:

all firearms are computer cross check with dates acquired and drop start dates, automatically rejecting those that don't match...
Old 11-18-2017, 8:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd_gear View Post
Don't think they could check dates. Rifle registration didn't start until few years ago.
in the General Registration thread, lots of people got their submission rejected in the beginning for the dates being the delivered date rather than the dros start date. I can't remember if it was only happening to 2015+ firearms or firearms that were recorded before that. but it was definitely happening
Old 11-18-2017, 8:08 PM
Calguns Addict

WHAT A BUNCH OF DICKS!!!!

Old 11-18-2017, 8:32 PM
Veteran Member

Maybe next they will require a selfie while standing on your head holding two forms of ID, proof of residence and the rifle in question. Their already out of pocket making demands that aren't supported by the regs. Whats really to stop them from ever more outrageous demands.

Seems pretty obvious this nothing more than blatant harassment or perhaps a lefttard game by DOJ staffers to see who can reject the most applications for ever more ridiculous reasons. The winner gets a free microwave and gets to yuk it up with fellow leftists about how many gun owners they screwed with. And hey why not. It's not like anyone would ever reign them in for any of their antics.

Last edited by StuckInTheP.R.O.Ca; 11-18-2017 at 8:40 PM..
Old 11-18-2017, 8:38 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
in the General Registration thread, lots of people got their submission rejected in the beginning for the dates being the delivered date rather than the dros start date. I can't remember if it was only happening to 2015+ firearms or firearms that were recorded before that. but it was definitely happening
Of the two that I registered and have been approved, waiting on the actual letter but got the email saying that they’ll send it, one was from prior to 2014 and I didn’t bother looking up the actual date I bought it, I just guessed and they accepted it. Now the other one I bought after 2014 and I first did the same thing but after hearing of others getting it rejected I called the FFL seeing how I was out of atate at that point and got the correct date from them and then corrected the registration form.
Old 11-18-2017, 8:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rero360 View Post
Of the two that I registered and have been approved, waiting on the actual letter but got the email saying that they’ll send it, one was from prior to 2014 and I didn’t bother looking up the actual date I bought it, I just guessed and they accepted it. Now the other one I bought after 2014 and I first did the same thing but after hearing of others getting it rejected I called the FFL seeing how I was out of atate at that point and got the correct date from them and then corrected the registration form.
Since they have the record of Dros date/make/model/caliber of long guns starting on 01/01/2014-correcting that as you did seems prudent.

Old 11-18-2017, 11:15 PM
Calguns Addict

All these kicksbacks are just going to add more to the failure of these registrations.

New York - 45k registrations , nearly 1mil rifles estimated in state
Connecticut - 37k registrations , nearly 2mil rifles estimated in state

We have a trend here of typical American civil disobedience , if HR 3576 of CT passes and limits 2A gun grabbing to federal (states cant impose their own bs on top of federal) and CA numbers appear very low then this could be a step in the right direction for any other state trying this.
3) Saltworks M5 upper/lower set

Old 11-19-2017, 12:24 AM

I don’t own anything but a 10/22 river..... . Nothing to register thank God! Haha!

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg48/winxp_man/MeShooting-1.jpg
Old 11-19-2017, 11:30 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

[QUOTE=solidfreshdope;20918266]They kicked back caliber based on the model name? Is the lower engraved with “Cal: Multi” ?

The rifle is engraved with "Cal: 308" LMT considers this their 308 platform, thus the "modular weapon system" language. LMT makes 260 Remington, 6.5 Creedmore, 243 Winchester, and 7mm-08 all in different lengths for this platform. Barrel and caliber interchangability played a part in why I picked this rifle in the first place.

Rasyad
Old 11-19-2017, 3:17 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Caketown View Post
All these kicksbacks are just going to add more to the failure of these registrations.

New York - 45k registrations , nearly 1mil rifles estimated in state
Connecticut - 37k registrations , nearly 2mil rifles estimated in state

We have a trend here of typical American civil disobedience , if HR 3576 of CT passes and limits 2A gun grabbing to federal (states cant impose their own bs on top of federal) and CA numbers appear very low then this could be a step in the right direction for any other state trying this.

In California, the DOJ interpreted the new law and decided deliberately, to make it as difficult to register as possible. Gun owners are the enemy in California, and the majority of voters support what the DOJ is doing.
Old 11-19-2017, 3:20 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford8N View Post
In California, the DOJ interpreted the new law and decided deliberately, to make it as difficult to register as possible.
In doing so , hopefully they have shot themselves in the foot here.

Old 11-19-2017, 3:56 PM

Quote:
In doing so , hopefully they have shot themselves in the foot here.
Name one time that the DOj has ever done that.

There has not been a single real victory for Guns in California ever
Old 11-19-2017, 5:34 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rero360 View Post
This will be interesting for people who don’t have their paperwork and don’t know the dates, yet they can’t call their ffl because they are now closed permanently. I know of 2 around my area who have closed within the last 3 years. Luckily I had the paperwork, but just out of luck. Normally I shred most paperwork.
Old 11-19-2017, 5:34 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Name one time that the DOj has ever done that.

There has not been a single real victory for Guns in California ever

The bullet button? That whole “tool” wording made it all possible.
Old 11-19-2017, 5:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwatchdog View Post
The bullet button? That whole “tool” wording made it all possible.
I fail to see how that in any sense is a victory
Old 11-19-2017, 5:56 PM
Calguns Addict

What I don’t get is where in the law does it say we had to remember when and where we bought the firearm? NOW we need the info, after this law is passed. How are we as gun owners supposed to see into the future????!?
Old 11-19-2017, 6:52 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
If the doj hadn't shot themselves in the foot with that wording, there would have been no bullet button firearms sold at all.
Old 11-19-2017, 7:06 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Had the wording not been F'ed we would be going through this registration back then. The error bought us time and created the proverbial "loophole"

Old 11-19-2017, 7:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwatchdog View Post
If the doj hadn't shot themselves in the foot with that wording, there would have been no bullet button firearms sold at all.
Quote:
Had the wording not been F'ed we would be going through this registration back then. The error bought us time and created the proverbial "loophole"
still doesn't seem like a victory to me while every other part of the country look at our bullet button guns like were idiots for staying in this state.

its like a sports game and the score is 50-0... and were saying their last two points don't count so its really 48-0 and that is a victory.... nope, we still lost...lol

there really isn't a single victory real victory or pro 2a event in the history of this state.
Old 11-19-2017, 8:19 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by voit View Post
To hell with the DOJ, and their whole dictatorial process! Those photos will be with the government forever, no matter where you go. I'm still guessing only 10% will comply with this new registration nightmare...at least in all the shooting circles I interact with. An NO, we do not neuter our guns either!! Good luck to you who work so hard to be law abiding, with laws that are indefinitely unconstitutional!
this, only in Cali would they have such a draconian registration policy. The picture think is an absolute joke and mandates that someone must by a camera to take high resolution photos. How is this even legal, forcing people to buy cameras?

M. Sage's I have a dream speech;

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Sage View Post
I dream about the day that the average would-be rapist is afraid to approach a woman who's walking alone at night. I dream of the day when two punks talk each other out of sticking up a liquor store because it's too damn risky.
Old 11-19-2017, 8:21 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazed_SS View Post
What did you use to take the pics? I would think any modern smartphone can take pics with more than enough detail.
So old dudes with flip phones are excluded from this? Again, why are people forced to by a phone/camera that takes a higher resolution photo? Shouldn't the government have to provide the camera since they are demanding the photos?

Quote:
I dream about the day that the average would-be rapist is afraid to approach a woman who's walking alone at night. I dream of the day when two punks talk each other out of sticking up a liquor store because it's too damn risky.
Old 11-19-2017, 8:32 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckInTheP.R.O.Ca View Post
Maybe next they will require a selfie while standing on your head holding two forms of ID, proof of residence and the rifle in question. Their already out of pocket making demands that aren't supported by the regs. Whats really to stop them from ever more outrageous demands.

Seems pretty obvious this nothing more than blatant harassment or perhaps a lefttard game by DOJ staffers to see who can reject the most applications for ever more ridiculous reasons. The winner gets a free microwave and gets to yuk it up with fellow leftists about how many gun owners they screwed with. And hey why not. It's not like anyone would ever reign them in for any of their antics.
Exactly. How can they make you buy a camera to fulfill their requirements? Shouldn't they be providing everyone with cameras?

Quote:
Old 11-19-2017, 8:33 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford8N View Post
In California, the DOJ interpreted the new law and decided deliberately, to make it as difficult to register as possible. Gun owners are the enemy in California, and the majority of voters support what the DOJ is doing.
But yet, what PC allows them to force you to buy a high resolution camera? I didn't now that this was legal?

Quote:
Old 11-20-2017, 11:28 AM

Apparently my Scar 17s must be "7.62x39 Soviet, 7.62x51 NATO, 7.62x54R Rus. Moisin-Nagant, 7.62x35" instead of the more accurate .308 Winchester description.

Additionally it seems DMV document with joint registrants listed is not acceptable for joint registration. Of course I'm hoping staffer made a mistake here.

Sigh....