Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 05-03-2018, 4:31 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHT762 View Post
Thank you, that's what I thought. I guess we'll have to wait for a law suit / Court case to get it defined. To me, once it's registered as a RAW, the "release mechanism" becomes irrelevant.

Thanks.
That would be contrary to the intent of the law. If the law intended simply to reopen SB23 registration, that's what or world have done. But that's not what it did.

I hope the whole scheme fails, but they are not stupid.
Old 05-04-2018, 4:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidfreshdope View Post
Does a non-RAW not say that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I would assume so, if not registered, the AFS will not show that note and then you are fooked for not registering, how wonderful Kali is.
Old 05-30-2018, 1:37 PM

Did OP ever get it worked out with the Molot Fime Russian Vyatskiye Polyany feature not appearing in check box VEPR-12?
Old 05-30-2018, 2:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesq View Post
Did OP ever get it worked out with the Molot Fime Russian Vyatskiye Polyany feature not appearing in check box VEPR-12?
yes is did
Old 05-31-2018, 9:22 AM

*UPDATE*
You all aren’t going to believe this! I’ll try to cliff-notes this. After approx 2 months of looking at the dreaded “in progress”, I finally received a phone call from a DOJ rep who stated there was a problem with 2 of my 3 registrations regarding the S/N’s. These were home builts that I applied for S/N’s from the DOJ and had said info engraved from a local company to make them look professional and clean. Again, the DOJ provided me S/N’s.
The rep said the S/N’s they issued me were already issued to another person and could not be used! I flipped out! She wanted me to use different numbers to which I replied NO. I requested instead to have an additional number/letter added to the end of the S/N’s they issued me as not to completely F up my lowers and look like ****. She said she would get back to me “soon” while they discussed the issue. Radio silent for 2 weeks....until yesterday.
They agreed to add / letters to the end of the issued S/N’s. So now, I must correct their mistake, disassemble the lowers and take them back to have the letters engraved. What I learned from all this is they really have no idea what’s going on. Super frustrating. I’ll keep everyone updated with what happens next. UGH....
Old 05-31-2018, 9:31 AM

I wonder how many other FMBUS numbers got duplicated. What a mess. Thanks for letting us know so we know what to say if it happens to us. Guess the other guy got the long straw. You should post this in the 80% thread.
Old 05-31-2018, 11:50 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBilleb View Post
*UPDATE*
After approx 2 months of looking at the dreaded “in progress”, I finally received a phone call from a DOJ rep who stated there was a problem with 2 of my 3 registrations regarding the S/N’s. These were home builts that I applied for S/N’s from the DOJ and had said info engraved from a local company to make them look professional and clean. Again, the DOJ provided me S/N’s.
The rep said the S/N’s they issued me were already issued to another person and could not be used! I flipped out! She wanted me to use different numbers to which I replied NO. ......snip
Wow . . . unbelievable!

The state should be liable for your time/expenses to correct THEIR mistake.
Old 05-31-2018, 11:51 AM

Quote:
*UPDATE*
You all aren’t going to believe this! I’ll try to cliff-notes this. After approx 2 months of looking at the dreaded “in progress”, I finally received a phone call from a DOJ rep who stated there was a problem with 2 of my 3 registrations regarding the S/N’s. These were home builts that I applied for S/N’s from the DOJ and had said info engraved from a local company to make them look professional and clean. Again, the DOJ provided me S/N’s.
The rep said the S/N’s they issued me were already issued to another person and could not be used! I flipped out! She wanted me to use different numbers to which I replied NO. I requested instead to have an additional number/letter added to the end of the S/N’s they issued me as not to completely F up my lowers and look like ****. She said she would get back to me “soon” while they discussed the issue. Radio silent for 2 weeks....until yesterday.
They agreed to add / letters to the end of the issued S/N’s. So now, I must correct their mistake, disassemble the lowers and take them back to have the letters engraved. What I learned from all this is they really have no idea what’s going on. Super frustrating. I’ll keep everyone updated with what happens next. UGH....
And "Manufacture an Assault Weapon post 2016" when you re-assemble it.

Last edited by Dump1567; 05-31-2018 at 12:40 PM..
Old 05-31-2018, 12:06 PM

You should have asked DOJ for an official paper letter asking you to deface your gun which is a federal crime.
Old 05-31-2018, 3:07 PM
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor

Quote:
*UPDATE*
You all arenít going to believe this! Iíll try to cliff-notes this. After approx 2 months of looking at the dreaded ďin progressĒ, I finally received a phone call from a DOJ rep who stated there was a problem with 2 of my 3 registrations regarding the S/Nís. These were home builts that I applied for S/Nís from the DOJ and had said info engraved from a local company to make them look professional and clean. Again, the DOJ provided me S/Nís.
The rep said the S/Nís they issued me were already issued to another person and could not be used! I flipped out! She wanted me to use different numbers to which I replied NO. I requested instead to have an additional number/letter added to the end of the S/Nís they issued me as not to completely F up my lowers and look like ****. She said she would get back to me ďsoonĒ while they discussed the issue. Radio silent for 2 weeks....until yesterday.
They agreed to add / letters to the end of the issued S/Nís. So now, I must correct their mistake, disassemble the lowers and take them back to have the letters engraved. What I learned from all this is they really have no idea whatís going on. Super frustrating. Iíll keep everyone updated with what happens next. UGH....
PLEASE keep all correspondence and emails and timeline of events. It could come in very handy for us during future lawsuits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Old 05-31-2018, 3:32 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaocaholica View Post
You should have asked DOJ for an official paper letter asking you to deface your gun which is a federal crime.
What is he defacing? I thought he is adding a character to the end of the SN sequence.
web: http://ugimports.com/calguns / email: sales@ugimports.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/ugimports / phone: (510) 371-GUNS (4867)
G+: http://google.com/+UGImportsLLCFremont / FB: http://facebook.com/ugimports
NorCal Range Maps: http://ugimports.com/rangemaps

I AM THE MAJORITY!!!
Old 05-31-2018, 4:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugimports View Post
What is he defacing? I thought he is adding a character to the end of the SN sequence.
Try just adding random extra letters and numbers to an existing serial number and see what the ATF says :-P
Old 05-31-2018, 4:15 PM
Ordo Militaris Templi
CGN Contributor

Quote:
*UPDATE*
You all arenít going to believe this! Iíll try to cliff-notes this. After approx 2 months of looking at the dreaded ďin progressĒ, I finally received a phone call from a DOJ rep who stated there was a problem with 2 of my 3 registrations regarding the S/Nís. These were home builts that I applied for S/Nís from the DOJ and had said info engraved from a local company to make them look professional and clean. Again, the DOJ provided me S/Nís.
The rep said the S/Nís they issued me were already issued to another person and could not be used! I flipped out! She wanted me to use different numbers to which I replied NO. I requested instead to have an additional number/letter added to the end of the S/Nís they issued me as not to completely F up my lowers and look like ****. She said she would get back to me ďsoonĒ while they discussed the issue. Radio silent for 2 weeks....until yesterday.
They agreed to add / letters to the end of the issued S/Nís. So now, I must correct their mistake, disassemble the lowers and take them back to have the letters engraved. What I learned from all this is they really have no idea whatís going on. Super frustrating. Iíll keep everyone updated with what happens next. UGH....

Jeesus, good to know.

In America, freedom and justice have always come from the ballot box, the jury box, and when that fails, the cartridge box.
Steve Symms, ex-U.S. Senator, Idaho

Old 05-31-2018, 5:23 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwatchdog View Post
Try just adding random extra letters and numbers to an existing serial number and see what the ATF says :-P
Well it all depends what ATF has registered I would think. I'll give a practical example. Century Arms AKs have serial number like:
A1-58871-18

However, stamped on the rifle is:
A1-58871-18 RO

I don't believe they've ever gotten in trouble for doing that since almost all of their WASRs come in like that.

In the case of home builds that were never registered with ATF it's a non issue.

Otherwise, literally as the SN is being stamped/engraved on the receiver it's being defaced over and over again.
web: http://ugimports.com/calguns / email: sales@ugimports.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/ugimports / phone: (510) 371-GUNS (4867)
G+: http://google.com/+UGImportsLLCFremont / FB: http://facebook.com/ugimports
NorCal Range Maps: http://ugimports.com/rangemaps

I AM THE MAJORITY!!!
Old 05-31-2018, 9:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
PLEASE keep all correspondence and emails and timeline of events. It could come in very handy for us during future lawsuits.
This is actually the second screw up the DOJ has given me during the process. Upon requesting serial numbers through the DOJ, they sent me paperwork with all the pertinent information (what I know now was the incorrect serial numbers). On the form the model of my firearms was 3 letters and 7. Call it XYZ7 for example. Two of my three models had XYZ7 on the form, the other had XYZ10! I immediately noticed the error and quickly verified I filled out the form correctly. I called the DOJ and queried the error, she said i filled out the form correctly it was their fault. They resent me another letter with the correct model designation.

I donít even want to know what would have happened if I didnít catch it and engraved the lower with XYZ7 instead of XYZ10? Or visa versa? They donít know what the hell they are going! I encourage everyone to inspect all documents sent from DOJ to ensure it is correct. Your livelihood may depend on it.
Old 05-31-2018, 9:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugimports View Post
Yep. Adding two letters to the end of the original S/Nís provided.

I think Iím good. Could be wrong tho. Kind of a grey area I suppose.
Old 05-31-2018, 9:27 PM

love it that someone could get five years on a post inspection simply because some DOJ secretary could not type straight. She might type sixty words a minute but how many of them are misspelled if she works for the government?
Old 05-31-2018, 10:03 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Yep. Adding two letters to the end of the original S/Nís provided.

I think Iím good. Could be wrong tho. Kind of a grey area I suppose.

Not a grey area at all, you still have the serial numbers you originally applied present. You havenít defaced those numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Andrew - Lancaster, CA
NRA Life Member, SAF / CRPA / FPC member and supporter, USCCA Member
Old 05-31-2018, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmorgul View Post
Not a grey area at all, you still have the serial numbers you originally applied present. You havenít defaced those numbers.

Andrew - Lancaster, CA
Agreed.
Old 06-08-2018, 3:17 PM
Veteran Member

i got a ppt rifle at a dealer so according to the guide i put in the dealer info.

i got this today:

The dealership's name and address you entered in your application does not match our records. Please provide the name and address of the business from which the firearm was acquired

what do i do?
Old 06-08-2018, 3:21 PM
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gn3hz3ku1* View Post
i got a ppt rifle at a dealer so according to the guide i put in the dealer info.

i got this today:

The dealership's name and address you entered in your application does not match our records. Please provide the name and address of the business from which the firearm was acquired

what do i do?
Can you remember where you got it? Did you put in the comments originally that you were unsure, and that it was around an estimated time period?

Under the "report an issue" you can ask them if they could name some of the information they have in terms of the transferring FFL and the date. Say you just can't remember it if that's the case.

You can try and call the transfer FFL and seek their records, many of them do in fact have records.

Can you do any more digging on the transferring FFL? Your credit card records or financial records, etc.?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Old 06-08-2018, 3:28 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

i got this today:

what do i do?
Did the dealer move at some point?

Example: popular calguns dealer “Tracy Rifle and pistol” moved locations, so I could imagine kickbacks for scenarios like that.

— Michael
Old 06-10-2018, 6:15 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy93 View Post
3 more rejections today, they are simple though. ran out of space in first post and it has been updated in second post.. these make a total of 63 for 29 firearms.
I think you have a problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by @miller View Post
Hi All - the Anderson lowers are marked .223/5.56. Those and some others with similar roll marks I put down as 5.56 came back rejected with:

Thank you for submitting your application. Based on the information provided, the caliber for this firearm is stamped as MULTI. Please change the caliber listed on your application to "Firearm with interchangeable barrels," which is the option for MULTI caliber firearms on the application.

Refer to California Code of Regulations, title 11, section 5474(b) for more information: https://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/a...let-button.pdf

Hope this post saves someone some PITA ;-)
Thank you! I was ready to submit, with the same error you made, but read your post here first. So I went back and fixed my entries.
Old 06-11-2018, 10:00 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
Can you remember where you got it? Did you put in the comments originally that you were unsure, and that it was around an estimated time period?

Under the "report an issue" you can ask them if they could name some of the information they have in terms of the transferring FFL and the date. Say you just can't remember it if that's the case.

You can try and call the transfer FFL and seek their records, many of them do in fact have records.

Can you do any more digging on the transferring FFL? Your credit card records or financial records, etc.?
i have the receipt which shows the name and place, i called the doj and their response was to redo it again... go figure

also this ffl never moved from their location. in fact during this transfer i got two more lowers from the store which are on the same registration and there was no issues.
Old 06-11-2018, 10:01 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elSquid View Post
Did the dealer move at some point?

Example: popular calguns dealer ďTracy Rifle and pistolĒ moved locations, so I could imagine kickbacks for scenarios like that.

ó Michael
nope same place
Old 06-11-2018, 10:44 AM

Not to sound like an *** but I think they want your entry to match the DROS which I'm not sure how to get that info other than having a copy of the original DROS. Maybe they even made a typo on it.
Old 06-18-2018, 10:17 PM

Anyone successfully registered the CZ Scorpion without removing the faux suppressor?
Old 06-19-2018, 7:25 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
Anyone successfully registered the CZ Scorpion without removing the faux suppressor?
Good question. I'm interested in the answer too. I sent my application in with the faux suppressor in, with ample explanation in the Comments section. I figured they come that way from CZ-USA.

But just in case, I'd like to know the easiest way to remove it if further pictures are requested of me (or a knock on the door ) Hence, the post in Centerfire Rifles subforum.

The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.
Old 06-19-2018, 9:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
I registered mine with a faux suppressor and in the comments indicated it has a faux suppressor. Registration went through just fine, I have my letter in hand.

LMT Uppers & Accessories For Sale
Old 06-19-2018, 9:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypa View Post
I registered mine with a faux suppressor and in the comments indicated it has a faux suppressor. Registration went through just fine, I have my letter in hand.
Thank you for the information. I almost had a hernia trying to twist the damn thing off! I will indicate faux suppressor installed by manufacturer.
Old 06-19-2018, 4:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanz2 View Post
with ample explanation in the Comments section.
I read that as the Communists section...
Old 06-19-2018, 8:36 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:

i got this today:

what do i do?

Use report a problem, ask kindly for info about what their records say the dealer was, then edit your app with that info.

Andrew - Lancaster, CA
Old 06-20-2018, 9:17 AM

Friend was trying to register two Rifles yesterday using an I Pad. He kept getting "Time outs" and wasn't able to complete the registration. This went on for hours.

He texted me early this morning and said he was able to complete the registrations at 0530 this morning. His thought was the DOJ website was being overloaded with registrations during regular business hours.

Anyone having similar problems might try off hours.

I don't know if it could have been from using an I Pad instead of a regular Computer. Could that have had anything to do with it? Any Computer savvy folks here have any input?
Old 06-20-2018, 9:32 AM

Default DOJ Craziness

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHT762 View Post
Friend was trying to register two Rifles yesterday using an I Pad. He kept getting "Time outs" and wasn't able to complete the registration. This went on for hours.

He texted me early this morning and said he was able to complete the registrations at 0530 this morning. His thought was the DOJ website was being overloaded with registrations during regular business hours.

Anyone having similar problems might try off hours.

I don't know if it could have been from using an I Pad instead of a regular Computer. Could that have had anything to do with it? Any Computer savvy folks here have any input?
I make no claim computer expertise. But it is human nature to avoid unpleasant tasks until the last moment -- whether it's paying taxes or something like this. So increased volume at the very end was to be expected. What ticks me off is that the DOJ restricted the application to a form that had to be completed on the Internet (as if we didn't learn anything from Obamacare). Why not provide options? Like a PDF form that could be downloaded, completed and then submitted by certified or registered mail?
Old 06-20-2018, 10:49 AM

Do you have to upload a copy of a hunting license? What's that all about? I don't have a hunting license.
Old 06-20-2018, 3:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnut714 View Post
Do you have to upload a copy of a hunting license? What's that all about? I don't have a hunting license.
You don't have to. Check out the AW Registration Guide

LMT Uppers & Accessories For Sale
Old 06-20-2018, 11:12 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

How many are doing hand written, snail mail submissions?
Old 06-20-2018, 11:13 PM
小さな女性
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: (34.2283į N, 118.5358į W), (33.6700į N, 117.7800į W)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aermotor View Post
You can't. Online only.
I've been married so long that I don't even look both ways when I cross the street.
Welcome back Fjold!!!

Quote:
A society that aims for equality before liberty, will end with neither equality nor liberty.
-Milton Friedman
Old 06-20-2018, 11:13 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aermotor View Post

That would be entirely pointless as they will simply trash those.

Andrew - Lancaster, CA
Old 06-21-2018, 1:31 AM

I thought on 80% you had to do engraving yourself ?