Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more If it locks up, carries, fits on to or cleans up your firearms, discuss it here.

Old 01-05-2018, 3:52 PM

Default Magpul GL Enhanced Magazine Well

I recently purchased a magpul GL enhanced magazine well for the glock 19 gen3 and ran into an issue trying to seat a glock 10 round magazine. has anyone else come across this issue?
A buddy of mine who is a sheriff tried one of his normal capacity glock 19 magazines from his gen 3 model and the magazine seated into the gun easily.. with the 10 round magazine no matter how hard I smack the bottom of the magazine while its in the pistol, it will not lock into place.

Just eyeballing the two magazines side by side i could not determine any obvious differences between the two magazines other than round capacity. The base plate and dimensions all seemed to be the same as well as the cut for the magazine to catch in the gun.

anyone have any info on this?
Old 01-05-2018, 3:55 PM

Yes, common issue with glock 19 aftermarket magwells. I sanded down the top and sides of the magazine baseplate and they work fine.
Old 01-05-2018, 5:57 PM

74elko since you’ve done it, going back and doing it over would you sand the magazine baseplates again or do you think sanding the interior of the magwell is a better fix?

Thank you for the info.
Old 01-06-2018, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLA View Post
74elko since you’ve done it, going back and doing it over would you sand the magazine baseplates again or do you think sanding the interior of the magwell is a better fix?

Thank you for the info.
I would probably do the base plates again, mostly just for resale value and all. I mean it'd be easy to do the frame as well, I'd just be concerned with the set screw not lining up with the hole on the back of the frame, but that'd be an easy fix as well. Really the magazines are super easy to do. 3 mags, including disassembly take me maybe 5-10 minutes with a belt sander. I finish them with a really fine grit so they look stock.
Old 01-06-2018, 5:02 PM

Sorry by magwell i ment the Magpul’s bevel so that the glock factory 10 rounds could be seated in easier
Old 01-06-2018, 7:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLA View Post
I recently purchased a magpul GL enhanced magazine well for the glock 19 gen3 and ran into an issue trying to seat a glock 10 round magazine. has anyone else come across this issue?
A buddy of mine who is a sheriff tried one of his normal capacity glock 19 magazines from his gen 3 model and the magazine seated into the gun easily.. with the 10 round magazine no matter how hard I smack the bottom of the magazine while its in the pistol, it will not lock into place.

Just eyeballing the two magazines side by side i could not determine any obvious differences between the two magazines other than round capacity. The base plate and dimensions all seemed to be the same as well as the cut for the magazine to catch in the gun.

anyone have any info on this?
I have the same issue with my Gen4 G19, the 10 rds mag won’t seat.