Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2018, 1:06 PM

Default Registration question - Primary and co-registrant need to live in the same address?

I want to register myself as the primary since the firearms are in my safe in my house. I want to register my son as co-registrant but he is now married and live 10 minutes away. I read in the the registration thread that both have to live in the same house which is a problem for me. If I can only register I would rather have him the primary since I want my son to own these firearms when I am gone. What are my options? Thanks.
Old 05-01-2018, 1:42 PM

There is no legal way around this. Either you move in with his family or vice versa.
Old 05-01-2018, 3:21 PM

If my register my wife as a co-registrant, why is her CDL not a valid ID for co-registrant according to the info from this PDF? Are the below the only valid ID. Most of my bills etc are under my name. Has any co-registrant successfully used their CDL when registering?

A proof of residence for each joint applicant.
Cannot be CDL or ID, can only be one of the following (with the easiest option in blue):
▪ Carry Concealed Weapon (CCW) Permit
▪ Curio and Relic (C & R) Federal firearm license with name and address
▪ Utility Bill: Cable, electricity, garbage, gas, pipeline, propane, alarm/security or water bill with purchaserís name on it within the last 3 months
▪ Military permanent duty station orders indicating assignment within California; Active duty military spouse ID is not acceptable
▪ Property Deed: Valid deed or deed of trust for the individualís property or a certificate of title
▪ Resident Hunting License
▪ Signed and dated rental agreement/contract or residential lease (A brief $0 rental agreement between parent/child is fine)
▪ Trailer certification of title
▪ DMV Vehicle Registration
▪ Certificate of Eligibility (COE) Letter (anyone eligible to purchase firearms can get one, the application can be found in the CFARS website)
Old 05-02-2018, 2:29 PM

CDL is not proof of residency for BBAW joint registration, same as it is not proof of residency for handgun purchases. You need both CDL and the additional proof of residency. For BBAW you need to show proof of residency for both you & the co-registrant.

Does your wife have a vehicle registered in her name? Or do you have a vehicle registration/property deed/rental agreement with both of your names?

If you have a single document, that's easy. If (like me) you have to use two, scan them to the same picture, or to the same PDF (mine was 2 pages).

You will have to upload this file to both registrations. (Technically I think you only have to upload it with yours, but it is just as easy to upload it to both & won't cause problems.) If you only submit your own proof of residency (without your wife's) with your registration, it will be kicked back.

Last edited by alex_w; 05-02-2018 at 3:30 PM..