Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 08-14-2013, 9:13 AM
Calguns Addict

Default If all laws pass.....

If all bills that are likely to pass will pass and become a law in Ca. What handguns are not effected at all? in the worst case scenario

Last edited by ap3572001; 08-14-2013 at 9:15 AM..
Old 08-14-2013, 9:18 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap3572001 View Post
If all bills that are likely to pass will pass and become a law in Ca. What handguns are not effected at all? in the worst case scenario

Revolvers?

The Raisuli

WTB: 9mm cylinder for Taurus Mod. 85
Old 08-14-2013, 9:31 AM

I have been trying to be optimistic about the Cali situation and have donated about $1,000 to various pro-gun Cali groups, written my reps and called my reps. I have passed out flyers and have educated various pro-gun peeps. In light of all of this, I still see that people do not get it and think that these laws will MAGICALLY not pass. No one is motivated to do much and it makes me upset that no one sees the urgency.

We, as gun owners in Cali, are screwed. MOST OF THE LAWS will PASS and will need to be addressed in the courts.
Old 08-14-2013, 9:49 AM

I agree. I give money, I write, call, e-mail and fax and we still get hammered. I even take people to the range just to introduce them to firearms. We've been beat down for so long I think people just don't think there is any chance of winning, so why try?
Old 08-14-2013, 10:00 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Why do you think I am moving?
Old 08-14-2013, 10:05 AM

Hasbro

Last edited by fighter4cage; 08-14-2013 at 12:02 PM..
Old 08-14-2013, 10:10 AM

Hasbro
Old 08-14-2013, 10:14 AM
Calguns Addict

I won't reply on the board about specifics but one of those laws bans almost all pistols in a round about way that are not revolvers. It should be an interesting legal challenge.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:50 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckhandmike View Post
I won't reply on the board about specifics but one of those laws bans almost all pistols in a round about way that are not revolvers. It should be an interesting legal challenge.
Yep, though I do not think the SSE ban will have any affect on single action revolver exemption process.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckhandmike View Post
I'm not sure how you're figuring that out.

I know one of them bans just about every semi auto rifle on the market outside like, the Garand.

If you want to PM me the details, go for it, but I haven't seen anything that affects handguns.

I might just be blind though.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:26 PM

Will wait to see what happens.

Last edited by Nitrate; 08-14-2013 at 1:43 PM.. Reason: Tactical mistake.
Old 08-14-2013, 1:27 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrate View Post
So if SB374+Bullet Button Ban passes, are we all going to be reloading by pulling the rear pin in our AR's? If a permanently fixed magazine becomes law, will this be the worst case scenario for AR owners?
This is how we did it in 2005ish. Top load with stripper clips and a 10 round mag pinned in the magwell. Ugh... not going back to that method.
Old 08-14-2013, 1:30 PM
Veteran Member

I've divested all my auto loaders into revolvers and lever actions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappy View Post
You don't like homosexuality, don't let some dude stick his tab A into your slot B.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko45
But then again I think of the mayors nephew, his face distored with tears and terror, the GAP employees who asked for my autograph, and had to settle for a cover identity’s signature, the flashbangs, and their acrid scent, the small of napalm in the evening breeze, as I crouch behind a shopping cart in the parking lot,
Old 08-14-2013, 1:37 PM

if all laws passed. you can buy the plastic gun in the toy section of walmart. no need for ammo. 9 volt will do. no background checks. no handgun safety test. just don't point it at cops or you will attract bullets. the duracoat finish will be orange. yeah! California.
Old 08-14-2013, 1:39 PM

Peace and freedom can never be given, only collision is the recipe. In 10 years from now, we won't be able to own firearms.
Old 08-14-2013, 1:43 PM

moemoe agreed. this is in process. wait till they propose all police cannot carry guns. they could hurt the public if they shoot and OMG the noise from a round fired.
Old 08-14-2013, 2:17 PM
AKA: Joe Censored
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Making a gun shape with your fingers is still legal, unless your kids do that in school.
Old 08-14-2013, 2:24 PM

Bad news: these laws won't matter. No criminals are going to turn in their weapons.

Good news: if your 15 year old son in high school says he is considering "transgender" then he can now legally go in the girls locker room... score! Thank you Kalifornia!
Old 08-14-2013, 2:33 PM

Well all I know is I just ordered another stripped lower this morning. I guess you could call it therapy.
Old 08-14-2013, 2:43 PM

Ill be buying my guns from bubba in south central los angeles if this passes. I guess ill have to be a criminal or move out of state
Old 08-14-2013, 2:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calAWBsux View Post
I have been trying to be optimistic about the Cali situation and have donated about $1,000 to various pro-gun Cali groups, written my reps and called my reps. I have passed out flyers and have educated various pro-gun peeps. In light of all of this, I still see that people do not get it and think that these laws will MAGICALLY not pass. No one is motivated to do much and it makes me upset that no one sees the urgency.

We, as gun owners in Cali, are screwed. MOST OF THE LAWS will PASS and will need to be addressed in the courts.

^^^this, its so damn discouraging! no one cares ,they willingly hand over there rights like they mean nothing.its too much work to find the truth about whats going on so they just let there television form there opinion on everything.sometimes it feels like its me against the world.

More armed citizens = Quicker response times, less victims.
Less armed citizens = more victims

Guns should only be surrendered one bullet at a time.
Old 08-14-2013, 2:48 PM
Calguns Addict

Coming Soon:SB101, The California Assault Revolver Act.

The 1911 may have been in wars for 100 years, but Masetro Bartolomeo Beretta was arming the world 400 years before John Browning was ever a wet dream.
Old 08-14-2013, 2:59 PM
Calguns Addict
CGN Contributor

Quote:
If all bills that are likely to pass will pass and become a law in Ca. What handguns are not affected at all? in the worst case scenario
Old 08-14-2013, 2:59 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTauron View Post
Coming Soon:SB101, The California Assault Revolver Act.
Don't even joke.
Old 08-14-2013, 3:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Don't even joke.
It is not a joke.

This is incrementalism. One law at a time, one category at a time, with the ultimate goal of elimination of firearms from civilian hands. It has worked in other countries, and is in process here.
Old 08-14-2013, 3:26 PM

Tough times might be on the horizon, but do not give up or give in!!!!

Last edited by ad40; 08-14-2013 at 3:28 PM.. Reason: Sentence structure
Old 08-14-2013, 3:33 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Good question OP. The legislation is broad and it's a good idea to familiarize yourself with what is being proposed here http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=776966

As per your specific question regarding handguns I believe you're referring to SB 293. Here's the meat of it.

Quote:
This bill would define an owner-authorized handgun as a handgun that has a permanent feature that renders the handgun incapable of being fired except when activated by the lawful owner or owners of the handgun. The bill would specify requirements that an owner-authorized handgun would be required to meet, and would require a manufacturer that has developed an owner-authorized handgun meeting those requirements to submit the handgun for testing, at the manufacturer’s expense, before the handgun may be placed on the roster of handguns determined not to be unsafe. If two owner-authorized handguns have been placed on the roster, the bill would, commencing two years from the date that the second handgun was placed on the roster, prohibit the Department of Justice from placing a handgun on the roster that is not an owner-authorized handgun.
They're referring to "smart gun" technology. Only handguns that with technology to detect if only the owner is using the handgun will be added to the roster. This technology doesn't exist. It could be having biometrics, retinal scan, fingerprint scan or whatever science fiction ideas they have be permanently imbedded in a handgun.

Yes it's that ridiculous.

It also states this
Quote:
(6) If the user is not recognized, or if the power supply fails, the firearm shall be inoperable.
So if you forget to charge your sci-fi handgun it will not work.

There is a line that states if passed the law would not take effect until to separate manufacturers add handguns with the science fiction features to the roster. This is dangerous because that's how we got "microstamping". They said they wouldn't enforce until the technology was available. It's not available and Kamala Harris just this year enforced the "microstamping" requirement anyway.

Again, yes, this is ludicrous. Mandating use of non-exist technology.

It's understandable to be outraged, be frustrated but do something about it. Calguns, CGSSA and other civil rights organizations have formed the Liberty Foundation and are asking for volunteers. Write reps, inform others on whats happening, donate, we need to fight this with everything we have. Save the complaints for after if it passes. For those fleeing the state, start a foundation where you go because if we don't stop them here, they'll be coming to your new state next.
“Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts. These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.” Mitt Romney 2012 Republican Presidential Candidate

Last edited by 2nd Mass; 08-14-2013 at 3:45 PM..
Old 08-14-2013, 3:39 PM

Again, to all those who say they're going to move or have moved and do nothing but have negative things to say about California...SHUT UP!! I'm here to stay. I will continue to donate to pro-gun organizations and I will continue to fight to the best of my ability. It makes sense to stand your ground here because with the exception of these stupid bills and anti-gun laws, CALIFORNIA will always be better than any other state. ALWAYS!!!
Old 08-14-2013, 4:13 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milsurp Collector View Post
there is some sheriff somewhere that says that is all we are allowed to own.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 08-14-2013, 5:54 PM

Quote:
no new handgun can be added to the roster without micro stamping is a done deal...

if ab169 passed, limit 2 off roster purchases a year (except SSE) and no LEO transfer to non-LEO (except family)....
Old 08-14-2013, 6:10 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock6.3 View Post
It is not a joke.

This is incrementalism. One law at a time, one category at a time, with the ultimate goal of elimination of firearms from civilian hands. It has worked in other countries, and is in process here.
This is exactly the plan of the leftest. Anyone that thinks it's about anything else is delusional.
Old 08-14-2013, 6:37 PM

If all the laws pass... A whole lot of us will be felons if caught.
Old 08-14-2013, 6:39 PM

Quote:

Thank you for your service to the Constitution and our gun rights. There are lots of gun owners out there that don't even have a clue as to what is going on in Sacramento and if they do know, they don't care. The problem is the legislative terrorists that Californians elected to office like Steinberg, DeLeon, Yee, Hancock, Leno, Skinner, Ammiano, and Bonta don't care either because they have no fear that they will be voted out. Legislative terrorists like Steinberg, Yee, and Hancock are not only making a mockery of our Constitution, but they are mocking and calling law abiding gun owners criminals for owning magazines over 10 rounds or owning a semi-auto rifle. Our only chance is the Governor which I won't hold my breath to see if he veto's them and our courts which scare me just as much.

I'm retiring in 6 years, I won't live in a state where every day I'm going to wonder if they will confiscate firearms that I've legally owned and registered.
Old 08-14-2013, 7:28 PM

i'm more than happy to divest you of all your "assault rifles" at 1/2 the price.

Bruce Lee
Old 08-14-2013, 8:06 PM

Ok Im dumb so Id like someone explain how these laws can be passed when they clearly infringe on 2A? How can any of them stand up in court? This is one nasty lesson the people are going to learn for giving too much power for far too long to progressive democrats.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws

Does anyone know where I can get an earthquake voodoo doll? Ive been hoping for the big one to hit while all politicians are in session with progs back home on vaca from DC but nothing has happened yet.
Old 08-14-2013, 8:16 PM

It sucks, but I feel that my only recourse is to GTFO. I have NEVER felt like this. Prior to the Sandy Hook incident, I felt pretty confident, but since then, it's been all down hill. The antis went FULL RETARD after that, especially in this state.
Old 08-14-2013, 8:23 PM

Old 08-14-2013, 9:21 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
It sucks, but I feel that my only recourse is to GTFO. I have NEVER felt like this. Prior to the Sandy Hook incident, I felt pretty confident, but since then, it's been all down hill. The antis went FULL RETARD after that, especially in this state.
All parts, quoted for truth. I've maintained some type of ties to this state for 25+ years. But now, I can't wait to leave. I wish there were easy answers to "gun violence" but going after the tool is not the solution and it never will be. You cannot legislate hate and discontent out of the human psyche.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMartin1776 View Post
Ok Im dumb so Id like someone explain how these laws can be passed when they clearly infringe on 2A? How can any of them stand up in court? This is one nasty lesson the people are going to learn for giving too much power for far too long to progressive democrats.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws

Does anyone know where I can get an earthquake voodoo doll? Ive been hoping for the big one to hit while all politicians are in session with progs back home on vaca from DC but nothing has happened yet.
Law makers can past whatever their hearts content. They leave it to the courts to tell when they are wrong and they hope "the people" will not go to the court but just accept is as the new norm and move on with their now adjusted lives. In the meant time if the law is to be challenged in the court system it takes time and until such time as it is struct down its in effect and people will be prosecuted under that law or your weapons confiscated and destroyed. Sad state of affairs were in here in California. I wrote to my Politician Mr. Dickenson concerning AB169. No response back fell on deaf ears.
Old 08-15-2013, 3:31 AM

They will go after handguns next. Just wait you'll see