Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Rimfire Firearms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rimfire Firearms .22, .17 and other Rimfire Handguns and Rifles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-23-2013, 4:10 PM
CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator

Default Changes to CGN Rimfire Matches Coming in February (Please Read)

Starting in February and running thru the end of the year the following changes are in effect for the rimfire matches.

1. Each month 3 separate targets will be selected for the awarding of a prize. There will be one pistol target, one scoped target and one iron sight target. It is the decision of the person running the monthly match to select which targets will be designated as the “Prize Targets”.

2. The person who shoots the best score on each target will be awarded a CalGuns/CGSSA T-shirt.

3. The winner(s) will need to PM me with their mailing address and shirt size after the winners are announced. Winners will be notified by PM and in the announcement of the next month's match. I will be the contact point for all prizes regardless of who is running the match.

4. In the event that one person shoots the best score on more than one target, only one T-shirt will be awarded to one person per month. (Spread the wealth issue)

During the year I will also be tracking the scores of all shooters and points will be awarded for each shooter for each target as follows.

1. First Place: 5 points.
2. Second Place: 4 points.
3. Third Place: 3 points
4. Fourth place: 2 points.
5. Each person who participates in the match will also receive 1/2 point. This can make a difference as a shooter can tally 6 points by participating every month equal to a second place finish plus a fourth place finish during the year.

At the end of the year (December) I will total all points and announce that years “Best Rimfire Shooter” and the total points for all shooters. The winner will be awarded the “CalGuns Sport Shooting Association Rimfire Shooter of the Year” trophy which he/she will retain for the next year.

At the end of that year the new winner will be announced and the trophy will be forwarded to the next winner. It will be incumbent upon the previous years winner to be sure to return the trophy for forwarding to the new winner (of course if you repeat you can hang on to it for another year).

I want to recognize and thank CalGuns Member “Penny's Dad” for creating this opportunity for all us CalGuns Rimfire Shooters. He is providing all the prizes and the original idea for this, so a big THANK YOU to Pennys Dad.

The rules may be amended as the process goes on throughout the year. Please remember that I am the point of contact for this new part of the rimfire match. Any issues should be addressed to me via PM. Good shooting to you all.