Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Young Calgunners
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Young Calgunners This forum is for our younger members, the sons and daughters of Calgunners, younger guests and their parents.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:20 AM
Garv Overlord
CGN Contributor

Location: 805, Caught Between My Woman And My Pistol And My Chips
Arrow Young Calgunners, Moms, Dads LOOK: NRA 2014 Youth Contests (Non Shooting)

NRA is again sponsoring two contests open to all youth K-12 as well as a scholarship opportunity. Cash prizes!

A writing contest sponsored by the NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund.

A Wildlife Art Contest.

Also, later in the year the Youth Education Summit sponsored by Friends of NRA should be updated and accepting entries for a summit in D.C. and scholarships in 2015.

Last edited by readysetgo; 07-30-2014 at 3:50 PM..
Old 07-30-2014, 10:24 AM
Garv Overlord
CGN Contributor

Four cash prizes of $100 - $1,000 in two categories.
Entry deadline December 1, 2014.
Entry form HERE.

Quote:
The NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund sponsors a scholarly writing contest for grades K-12. The theme for the essay is "What Does The Second Amendment Mean to You?"

All entries should be submitted to:

NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund,
Office of General Counsel,
11250 Waples Mill Road, Fairfax, VA 22030
Phone: (703) 267-1250
Entries must be postmarked on or before the entry deadline. All entries become the property of the NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund.

2014 Youth Essay Contest

Click here for a copy of the 2014 Entry Form.

Description, Prizes & Deadline: The NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund continues its Yearly Youth Essay Contest celebrating the Second Amendment as an integral part of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

Essays will be judged in two categories: Senior (grades 9-12) and Junior (grades 8 and below), with separate cash prizes awarded to the winners in each category. First place cash prizes are $1,000, $600 for second place, $200 for third place, and $100 for fourth place.

The entry deadline for this contest is December 1, 2014. Entries postmarked by December 1, 2014 will be accepted. Essay contest winners will be selected and notified in early 2015. All entries become the property of the NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund.

Eligibility: The contest is open to all students enrolled, or who will be enrolled, in an elementary, junior high, or high school during the 2014-2015 academic year, including homeschooled students in an equivalent grade level, who have not previously received a prize in their category. For example, a previous winner in the junior category, who is now eligible for the senior category, may submit an entry.

Format and Contents: All essays should be about 1,000 words, neat, and legible (double spaced, typed preferred). The fund historically receives a large number of entries and the contest is highly competitive. Include your name, age, address, telephone number, school, and grade as well as a statement from a teacher or parent certifying that the essay is your original work.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:36 AM
Garv Overlord
CGN Contributor

Youth Wildlife Art Contest

Three cash prizes in four categories and one 'Best of Show' award.
Entry deadline November 3, 2014.
Entry Form HERE.
List of North American game animals and birds HERE.

Quote:
The National Rifle Association is now accepting entries for its 2014 George Montgomery/NRA Youth Wildlife Art Contest. The contest is open to students in grades 1 through 12 (including home-schooled children). NRA membership is not required. The deadline to enter is November 3, 2014.

Winners in each grade category will receive $750. Second-place finishers will receive $500, and the third-place award will be $250. A prize of $1000 will also be awarded for Best In Show.

Click here for a list of eligible game birds and animals.

Entries may be submitted in one of four categories, based on school grade. Category I includes grades 1 through 3. Category II is for grades 4 through 6. Category III covers grades 7 through 9, and Category IV includes grades 10 through 12. Entries may portray any North American game bird or animal that may be legally hunted or trapped. Endangered species and non-game animals, such as eagles and snakes, are not eligible subjects. Call (703) 267-1531 or email artcontest@nrahq.org if you need to confirm whether a certain animal or bird is eligible.

Contestants are limited to one entry each. Entries may be in a medium of the artist's choice (oil, water color, pastels, pencil, pen and ink, charcoal, etc.). Submissions should be on good quality bond or drawing paper, or illustration board. Preferred sizes for the image are 8½"x11" or 11"x14"; matting is optional. Entries should not be framed. Composition must be original. Photographs may be used for reference, but artwork determined to have been traced or copied from an existing photograph or work of art will be disqualified.Click here for an entry form.

Entries must arrive at NRA by November 3, 2014, and must be accompanied by an entry form or brief statement signed by the student's parent, guardian, or teacher attesting to the originality of the work and verifying the artist's grade level as of November 3, 2014. In addition, the artist's name, age, home address, phone number, and grade must be printed on the back of the entry or on a note attached to the back of the entry. Entries will be judged on effort, creativity, anatomical accuracy, and composition.

Send entries to: George Montgomery/NRA Youth Wildlife Art Contest, 11250 Waples Mill Road, Fairfax, VA 22030. NRA will return all entries by February 2015. NRA assumes no responsibility for lost or damaged artwork, and reserves all rights to reproduce entries. The immediate families of NRA staff members are not eligible to enter. Questions regarding the contest may be directed to (703) 267-1531 or artcontest@nrahq.org.

See NRAblog for coverage of the Youth Wildlife Art Contest.
2013 Best in show

My random picks

Old 08-02-2014, 11:46 AM
CGSSA Leader

The ducks looks cool, I like the raccoon too.

Old 08-08-2014, 12:18 PM
Garv Overlord
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by purer00r View Post
The ducks looks cool, I like the raccoon too.
Yeah that raccoon is excellent, it was 'Best in Show' for 2013.

Here's some more (You can see more winners and honorable mentions from last years contest @ http://www.nrablog.com/?tag=/youth+wildlife+art+contest)
Quote:
This year's first place winner is third grader of Fremont, California, who entered this colored pencil drawing of an armadillo titled Looking Out.