Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2018, 9:24 PM

Default CFARS Approval with DOJ Letter - why CFARS (In Progress)

I recieved my CFARS Approval and DOJ Approval Letter on a rifle #1. I thought CFARS stated either "approved" or "completed". I checked today since I have one other rifle waiting for DOJ approval. The rifle#1 that was approved with DOJ Approval Letter is reflecting "In Progress". Is this correct? Why would CFARS state "In Progress" on Rifle #1 that was approved. Approval Letter dated 8/10/18.

Last edited by ironman777; 09-18-2018 at 9:25 PM.. Reason: update
Old 09-18-2018, 9:25 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman777 View Post
I recieved my CFARS Approval and DOJ Approval Letter on a rifle #1. I thought CFARS stated either "approved" or "completed". I checked today since I have one other rifle waiting for DOJ approval. The rifle#1 that was approved with DOJ Approval Letter is reflecting "In Progress". Is this correct? Why would CFARS state "In Progress" on Rifle #1 that was approved.

Mine has been in progress since I received my letter in April.
4" Smith & Wesson Model 19
3.5" Smith & Wesson Model 29
Marlin 1894C
Colt Python
Colt Series 70
Sig Sauer P228
HK USP9c
Old 09-18-2018, 9:50 PM

I thought CFARS stated "completed". Maybe I'm wrong. But I have the Approval Letter. Now just waiting for Rifle #2 (AK Pistol) to be approved (after I submitted a form correction) over 4 weeks ago.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:32 PM
Front Toward Enemy 🔫
CGN Contributor

I think it is SOP for the website to lag reality. IIRC this happens all the time - letter shows up, website still shows in progress.

"Texans always move them!"
General Robert E. Lee, May 6, 1864 - Battle of the Wilderness
Old 09-19-2018, 1:53 PM
I'm with stupid ☝️
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

There is no "completed" status.

The website is only capable of showing 2 statuses: "incomplete" and "in progress".

"Incomplete" means there was an error, and they are waiting for you to fix it and resubmit.

"In progress" means everything else, including (but not limited to) apps that are not really in progress because they're complete.

Old 09-19-2018, 1:59 PM
FREELOADER
CGN Contributor

Like others have said: "Keep your paperwork handy."
Old 09-19-2018, 8:08 PM

If you think about it

They would have to hire an INDIAN making $10 per app to do the change on the web site.

That Indian would have to work for a contractor company that had 10 alleged Americans working for the company supporting this endeavor per the appropriation's (funding) regulations. They would not exist in reality, just a way to funnel tax payer dollars to someone's pockets.

This contractor company with the one Indian would have to compete for the contract. The company that won would have paid for a few fact finding junket to Hawaii, Las Vegas, and Paris as well as lots of political contributions and also paying for the pool to be dug and for all the new furniture for those G-Mn that did the choosing.

Then they would have to fund the department that hired the folks that chose the contractor company with the one Indian doing all the web page updates.

Then that department would need a highly paid department head that will need help and have several vice department heads all earning $180, 000 (the California living wage determined necessary for corrupt California politicians). These folks just like Kamala Harris and Slick Wiley Brown (her Sugar dady) would hold such a job while also holding 3 other government jobs as well as a lawyer partnership in a law or lobbyist firm as well at their stated regular job so they can quadruple dip into the states tax payer funded treasury, all to be the political champion of the department made to hire the contractor company full of ghost employees except for that one Indian.

So in the end to have that one Indian change each web site app that he is paid $10 each to do that actual cost per app is like $118,000

Because this is high focus and interest having such mandated funding is unlikely to not pass without scrutiny the effort to rape the taxpayers of all their taxes is used elsewhere and that one INDIAN guy is instead doing something else that is supporting over 100 overpaid Democrats who have a job supervising the supervisor who is overseeing the contractor company whose supervisor is paying 50 ghost employees and but also the one INDIAN chap actually doing all the work.

Go figure

California Government-the best government you can buy-Samuel Clemens