Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Official Events
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Official Events Booths, Gun Show Events and other Official occasions. (Limited Posting)

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 11:39 AM
In Memoriam
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Packed up and ready to head on up!

See you in check in..
Old 11-03-2012, 12:59 PM

Psyched to be there !
Old 11-03-2012, 3:07 PM

well here goes. I just found out I cant go. If someone wants to buy the ticket let me know but I dont know how to transfer it over or does it not matter? Im located in San Bernardino. PM me If not this ticket will go to waste. I had also bought the zombie break out and an extreme taco plate and a tshirt cost me a total of $44. too tired to drive anywhere
Old 11-03-2012, 9:59 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Where are the pictures????
And video

Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
(thanks to Jeff Cooper)
Old 11-03-2012, 10:37 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Last edited by defcon; 11-03-2012 at 10:43 PM..
Old 11-03-2012, 10:50 PM

Pennysdad- you did a great job man that was the best shoot ive been to in cali hands down. Had so much fun and so did the 15 people that came with us . Thank you for everything you rocked this one - chef jeff
Old 11-03-2012, 11:06 PM

So this was my first cal guns event and the first time i volunteered also. I had a blast tonight. Met some very cool people and event was seemed very well planned. I can't wait till the next event.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:34 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

As always it was great to be around the calguns guys. Had a great time. And I was really impressed with the zombie course.
Thanks to all those who helped put this together and to the volunteers that were there making this possible.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:47 PM
Calguns Addict

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermosabeach View Post
Where are the pictures????
And video
Photos will be up in a couple days, gotta sort thru them and edit them.

Haha, defcon I didn't know you where filming me! You have some sweet conversions man! Thanks for letting me shoot the XT-22. Now I have to get one!

The event went great! Thanks to all the volunteers, the vendors, the participants, and all my fellow C3 (CGSSA) members who put on this great event.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:57 AM

heres a nifty pic. I have POV video of me going through the outbreak range but its kind of dissappointing coz i was one of the last to go before the range went cold so i felt rushed, didnt have my AR, forgot to use my kabar and probably didn't even hit anything

btw nice to meet you defcon, let me know if you ever bring your toys to one of our local ranges!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vlcsnap-2012-11-04-01h46m36s179.jpg (20.0 KB, 224 views)
Old 11-04-2012, 5:08 AM
In Memoriam

The ranges all kept pretty busy - good times all around!

http://i.imgur.com/eoVCV.jpg

Thanks to MrLoneWolf the "Top Secret" range had some serious fun with a set of twin M1919s. Nothing like a pair of belt fed Browning's babies firing away to light up the night!

Old 11-04-2012, 6:10 AM
Calguns Addict

Congratulations to everyone who had a hand in putting together such an awesome event! It was top notch in every regard with great food and fun for everyone! Who couldn't love a night shoot? This was my first Calguns shoot and both me and my wife had such a great time!
The twin machine guns were awesome to shoot, truly something that everyone should do at least once (thanks MrLoneWolf). The zombie outbreak range was a ton of fun too and a good way to discover that my tactical skills aren't so great. Not sure how many hits I had, doing the course in the dark with iron sights made it interesting. May be time to look into a red dot sight. Also time to take a class or two from Shield Tactical.
Everyone we met was very friendly. Defcon brought out a very cool arsenal of his .22 rifles and my wife got to shoot a couple of them too. The taco plate dinner was really good too.

Thanks again to all for creating such a fun event!
Old 11-04-2012, 7:48 AM

Me at the outbreak range.

http://youtu.be/uKeANjuu-tk

The best things in life are beyond money; their price is agony and sweat and devotion . . . and the price demanded for the most precious of all things in life is life itself--ultimate cost for perfect value. -R.A. Heinlein
Old 11-04-2012, 7:49 AM

Sorry Enfield, I had a different experience: hands down worst range trip ever. But, first I'd like to thank Ricky Ray and Penny's Dad for putting this together and for all the volunteers' time.

I put my first target out to sight-in my AK, pulled off one shot, looked through my spotting scope, my sight-in target had a dozen holes in it. Called over one of the so-called "RO" - he laughed - "He he he, welcome to Burro Canyon...blah blah blah...there's nothing we can do about that..." Well, I'm a member at Burro and shooting other people's targets isn't tolerated during normal operations when there's only one or two ROs. I was looking at 4-6 ROs. I told the RO (now using the term VERY loosely) he didn't know what he was talking about and to just go.

Edit - forgot to mention that after the RO laughed at me for complaining about others shooting my target, he suggested that I was obviously shooting other people's targets...Ummmm NO. "Yes you are..." Not sure if making stupid statements that add insult to injury is an RO pre-requisite?

Next, because people were allowed to set up ground targets at 50yds, the pistol range was complaining about shrapnel. "Move ALL targets to 100yds!" was the sweeping solution. I spoke briefly with the "megaphone man" to point out that the ground targets placed at 50yds were the root problem and he said, "Very interesting point...put ALL your targets to 100. Burro doesn't allow ground targets at 50yds on the rifle range and this is why. I don't sight-in my rifles (with red dots) at 100yds, so now I'm not shooting 2 of the 3 rifles I brought, including my new build. At this point, my excitement level is hovering somewhere near zero.

I've also never experienced nearly half-hour line breaks until now...everyone would be done fussing with targets for 10-15 minutes, the pistol range is blazing away, and we're all standing around doing nothing for some mysterious reason...waiting for ghosts.

Finally the line goes hot, I start shooting at my bowling pin rig...I start to notice that my pins are moving when I'm not firing...I walk the line, at least two other groups and one individual are tired of shooting the paper targets they brought and are now blasting away at my pin rig. WTF!! I'm done here! Next line break I go retrieve the rig and the pins and NEW frame I just built yesterday are blasted to crap. OK, I'm done on the rifle range, let's go get something to eat. We pack-up and walk over to get our taco plate, it's closed - no more food. Ricky Ray felt really bad and was very nice to refund our food money. My partner (who arrived earlier than me) tells me he saw apparently very hungry people that were loading up on double orders, not much mystery as to how the food ran out.

Finally, we go to the pistol range and were able to enjoy the last 20 minute round of live fire...several hours of prep = 20 minutes of fun. This was the first and will likely be that last Calguns shoot I attend. Too chaotic, lack of familiarity with normal range operations, other shooter's complete lack of courtesy, and under-managed. Too much emphasis on free-for-all as opposed to fun-for-all. Meh...

Last edited by Dinosaur Jr; 11-04-2012 at 12:20 PM..
Old 11-04-2012, 7:55 AM

Yeah, I had one of my PVC targets destroyed from someone else shooting them. It also ended earlier than I thought it would (Everything shut down at 10 and though it would at the earliest 10:30), so some of my group didnt even get a chance to do the outbreak range. I guess we got lucky with the food though. I would have been pissed myself if that happened.

The best things in life are beyond money; their price is agony and sweat and devotion . . . and the price demanded for the most precious of all things in life is life itself--ultimate cost for perfect value. -R.A. Heinlein
Old 11-04-2012, 8:13 AM
Veteran Member

AKS-762 - PM inbound shortly.

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. The dreams will come to you." - Randy Paush, Carnegie Mellon University
Old 11-04-2012, 8:22 AM

yeah people were shooting my targets at the rifle range too!! after I left the rifle range I had a blast. and he tacos were awesome.
Old 11-04-2012, 8:25 AM
Veteran Member

Unfortunately I was not on the rifle/pistol line at all yesterday so I didn't know about the issue with people shooting other peoples targets until towards the end of the night.

Normally this is NOT tolerated at Calgun's events. This will be addressed and handled better at future events.

Apologies to all.

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. The dreams will come to you." - Randy Paush, Carnegie Mellon University
Old 11-04-2012, 8:33 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKS-762 View Post
Sorry Enfield, I had a different experience: hands down worst range trip ever. But, first I'd like to thank Ricky Ray and Penny's Dad for putting this together and for all the volunteers' time.

Imy sight-in target had a dozen holes in it. Called over one of the so-called "RO" - he laughed -

Not cool

I don't sight-in my rifles (with red dots) at 100yds, so now I'm not shooting 2 of the 3 rifles I brought, including my new build. At this point, my excitement level is thoroughly crushed.

I've been there

I've also never experienced nearly half-hour line breaks until now...everyone would be done fussing with targets for 10-15 minutes, the pistol range is blazing away, and we're all standing around doing nothing for some mysterious reason...waiting for ghosts.

????

I start to notice that my pins are moving when I'm not firing...I walk the line, at least two other groups and one individual are tired of shooting the paper targets they brought and are now blasting away at my pin rig. WTF!!

I'm done here! Next line break I go retrieve the rig and the pins and NEW frame I just built yesterday are blasted to crap.

no more food. Ricky Ray felt really bad and was very nice to refund our food money.

My partner (who arrived earlier than me) tells me he saw apparently very hungry people that were loading up on double orders, not much mystery as to how the food ran out.

Finally, we go to the pistol range and were able to enjoy the last 20 minute round of live fire...several hours of prep = 20 minutes of fun. This was the first and will likely be that last Calguns shoot I attend.

Too chaotic, lack of familiarity with normal range operations,

others shooter's complete lack of courtesy,

and under-managed. Too much emphasis on free-for-all as opposed to fun-for-all.

I am sure pennydad and others

will be reading your
AAR

RANGE ETIQUETT.

Unfortunate.
Old 11-04-2012, 8:36 AM
Banned

Awesome time! Not over crowded, very safe, great tacos, drinks, cake, cookies, great folks. I figured anything i put down range was going to get blasted, i just rented the targets/stand.
Old 11-04-2012, 8:41 AM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enfield47 View Post
Congratulations to everyone who had a hand in putting together such an awesome event! It was top notch in every regard with great food and fun for everyone! Who couldn't love a night shoot? This was my first Calguns shoot and both me and my wife had such a great time!
The twin machine guns were awesome to shoot, truly something that everyone should do at least once (thanks MrLoneWolf). The zombie outbreak range was a ton of fun too and a good way to discover that my tactical skills aren't so great. Not sure how many hits I had, doing the course in the dark with iron sights made it interesting. May be time to look into a red dot sight. Also time to take a class or two from Shield Tactical.
Everyone we met was very friendly. Defcon brought out a very cool arsenal of his .22 rifles and my wife got to shoot a couple of them too. The taco plate dinner was really good too.

Thanks again to all for creating such a fun event!
Thanks for coming out. The Shield team had a great time and we all appreciate your kind words and support.

-JWH
Old 11-04-2012, 8:44 AM

Thanks for trying guys, but the night was a complete cluster ****.

I built a very nice target stand for the pistol/rimfire range. Within 5 minutes the frame was on the ground from everyone shooting it. Rebuilt it twice and kindly asked the shooters around me to shoot their own ****. Nope, didn't help. It was on the ground within the next five minutes.

Safety? Haha, not found. Every mall ninja there was emptying mags as fast as the could, with no sense of order or what they were even aiming at. Yeah lets set that pumpkin 10 feet in front of the line on a pile of big rocks... awesome idea. Asked the RSO about it and he just laughed and said "Move away if you don't want to get hit with lead". Double wielding shotguns and ****ing up everyone else's targets? No problem.

Also, who was the genius that brought tracers to a public range and had the line shut down for half an hour? (~8:30)

Complete chaos. There was nothing 'tactical' about this shoot. It was just another night at the **** hole that is burro but with some cheesy zombie targets.
Old 11-04-2012, 8:48 AM

We must have been at the well mannered end of the rifle line. The five of us - wife, son,daughter and son's friend had a great time. No cross fires. Even packed down to one bench to let more people shoot. Still no cross fire.

Outbreak area was a gas. Always fun to move through a quasi shoot house.

Tacos were great and we met some really nice people. Though some did "over consume"

The RO's weren't all bad. Varying levels of experience and proficiency which they have to get it somewhere.

Knowing what a large scale effort is required to do an event like this - Well done for year one.
Old 11-04-2012, 8:55 AM

That was a great event. Thanks to everyone for being so easy going.
Old 11-04-2012, 8:56 AM
Calguns Addict

Sorry to hear that some people had a conversely bad time with this event. I can totally see how with the lines packed with shooters how it could have gone to hell so fast. Burro is notorious with having prick target shooters mess with your targets, shame that some Calgunners have no courtesy.

It'd be awfully tempting to blast their targets if they're messing with yours without your permission.
My wife sleeps better knowing we have a zombie killer... Saiga AK47! Although my neighbor with his AR has restless nights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleksandreCz View Post
Thank god the Federal Government is there to protect us from the Federal Government
WTS: Revision 'Desert Locust' tactical Ballistic/Protective eyewear goggles NEW & USED pairs
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=737563
Old 11-04-2012, 8:57 AM
Calguns Addict

This event was outstanding imo, and was planned immensely well by all our event coordinators. It was executed well also, but unfortunately with so many attendees and so much going on, some people got thrown into the sidelines.
My wife sleeps better knowing we have a zombie killer... Saiga AK47! Although my neighbor with his AR has restless nights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleksandreCz View Post
Thank god the Federal Government is there to protect us from the Federal Government
WTS: Revision 'Desert Locust' tactical Ballistic/Protective eyewear goggles NEW & USED pairs
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=737563
Old 11-04-2012, 9:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali-Shooter View Post
Burro is notorious with having prick target shooters mess with your targets, shame that some Calgunners have no courtesy.
I frequently go to Burro Canyon on weekends because, like everyone else, I'm working during the week. I can assure you that even the sometimes gnarly Burro weekend crowd couldn't hold a candle to the rifle range chaos I saw last night.

LiveSideways - thanks for solving the mystery of the half-hour line break. Tracer ammo...really? What an @$$hat. Worth mentioning that I didn't see any of the ROs checking ammo...

Last edited by Dinosaur Jr; 11-04-2012 at 9:23 AM..
Old 11-04-2012, 9:17 AM

Not directed at anybody, but I'll say it's easy to point out flaws for most things even if you had a great time. However, keep in mind that the best way to improve things for next time is to pitch in and lend a hand to be a part of that improvement.

It was crowded, but I didn't really have any issues with others while on the rifle range. My target doesn't appear to be used by others, but there was nothing appealing about it either LOL! Although I was not a helper this time either I still thought there were some things that could be improved for next time.

First off, I agree there was a small bit of disorganization when it came to the cease fires. Someone indecisive seemed to be calling the shots trying to coordinate line breaks with the handgun range. There were long moments while we sat around waiting for the line to go hot again. All the while I could hear someone on the ROs radios trying to figure out what to do. These are the kind of things that need to be planned out in advance.

Second, I was disappointed with the amount of light. There was actually too much. The whole thing was touted as a night shoot and that it would be dark, bring glowsticks, flashlights, etc, but you could see all the way out to 200 yds. It was not as easy to see as daylight, but I was hoping we couldn't see targets at all and had to depend on glowing objects or flashlights. At the very least the outbreak range should have been dark, but you didn't need flashlights at all. Maybe a few rounds of hot range time with the target lights off could happen next time?

Finally, I was slightly disappointed with the organization at the outbreak range. No one was giving directions to people as they came up to wait there turn. Everyone seemed confused to where the lines were and if there were any at all. I was there like 30 mins before one of the team members finally pointed out the line was on the other side. However, the Shield Tac guys were great and helpful when I pointed that out. They let me have my turn pretty quickly, but it was definitely a little too lax and too much "winging it."

That being said, the outbreak was a blast and the highlight for me. I will definitely go when and if this event is held again. Everyone was friendly, helpful and excited. Props to Penny's Dad and the rest of the organizers and helpers. I chalk up any negatives to this being the first time they had this event and I know the next will be better as they will learn with each one.

Last edited by bigbully; 11-04-2012 at 9:20 AM..
Old 11-04-2012, 9:22 AM

I had a great time at the event and will defiantly be back to volunteer my time in whatever capacity I can help. During the actual shooting I was on the Secret Range collecting donations (which was all handed over to Kestral at the end of the night), linking ammo for MrLoneWolfs duel 1919's and I had a great time doing it. I never made it out to see any of the other ranges nor did I even shoot my own guns. I stayed pretty busy and had a great time doing what needed to be done and enjoying the groups of people who came up to watch and shoot. Everyone who came up was smiling and having a great time.

I am sure that more than a few couples had a great time off the range after shooting those duel 1919's!!!!

Bill Wiese
San Jose, CA

Old 11-04-2012, 9:22 AM
Calguns Addict

First a very big thank you to Penny's Dad, and all the other volunteers who donated their time and effort to help make this shoot a success. Also a big thumbs up to the vendors and especially Shield Tactical for their contribution, nice to see a properly run stage.

As to be expected some hiccups along the way, but nothing major. Its a shame that some of the attendees could not demonstrate more curtesy and responsibility on the fireing lines.

I'm glad to say that for me and my brothers at least the event was a ton of fun. looking forward to future shoots.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAX22
Don't F with those guys... they can probably use their teabag to inflict blunt force trauma.

Old 11-04-2012, 9:23 AM

By the way, congrats to scorpio252c for winning the Zombie costume contest. It was great to meet you.
Old 11-04-2012, 9:44 AM

had fun at the shoot! my brother got out of the hospital that day so he couldn't really shoot but he wore his gown! i got a couple pics and a helmet cam of the zombie outbreak.
it really bummed me out that they wouldn't let you throw anything or drop mags..

ok, so i got exited about this zombie outbreak course that we'd get to run through and got my 12ga, .45, throwing knives and tomahawk ready to go on this zombie destruction spree. I even honed my tomahawk & knife throwing skills!
Only Catch(es) I find out about 1 min before running it is that I can't throw any tomahawks/knives unless I plan on leaving them there FOREVER! I was soooo bummed out!
They also told me I can't drop mags meaning I have to pocket them since I don't have a dump pouch which would really slow me down! So I decide to AT least swing my tomahawk at a couple of zombies, but I had to put the tomahawk back on me, Geez! Then I find out that the sling that I borrowed from my brother for the 12ga prevents me from being able to reload it, so i'm really sucking at this point. I finally remove the sling (snagging the helmet cam & tweaking it) and put it back on when i'm switching over.
On the sling issue i learned a lesson that i need to get a proper sling setup and change the mount points!!! I'm no supa zombie killa so i definitely got humbled by the experience..

Last edited by BlackLoTuS; 11-04-2012 at 2:31 PM..
Old 11-04-2012, 9:50 AM

Thanks alot, me and my wife worked pretty hard on our costumes. Our highlights were winning the costume contest and the outbreak zone. Had a great time and Thanks for the efforts of all the volunteers, organizers and sponsors.
Old 11-04-2012, 9:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbully View Post
That being said, the outbreak was a blast and the highlight for me. I will definitely go when and if this event is held again. Everyone was friendly, helpful and excited. Props to Penny's Dad and the rest of the organizers and helpers. I chalk up any negatives to this being the first time they had this event and I know the next will be better as they will learn with each one.
There is NO excuse for a lack of safety around firearms. There were ~10 people that would have been thrown out had there been any competent RSOs around.

"Hey it was their first time, be nice!" Will not reattach appendages or bring someone back to life.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveSideways View Post
There is NO excuse for a lack of safety around firearms. There were ~10 people that would have been thrown out had there been any competent RSOs around.

"Hey it was their first time, be nice!" Will not reattach appendages or bring someone back to life.
That's a good point which I agree with and I wasn't saying otherwise. However, I can say that I for one never felt unsafe at this event. There were never any moments that I know of when someone approached their weapon during cease fires and I was constantly being asked if my gun was clear when waiting at the outbreak. I've been to ranges during regular hours where I've truly felt unsafe and had to leave, but that wasn't the case for me at this event. However, I will concede that there were a lot of people there and I was only in one part of the rifle range. That doesn't mean there wasn't anything happening that wasn't unsafe so experiences will vary.

I attended the event knowing forehand that the shooting rules would be slightly relaxed. There was much talk here before about the possibility of rapid firing, shooting from the holster, etc and I think these are things that can be done safely. If those things bothered me I wouldn't have gone.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:55 AM

here's my outbreak range experience.. yes I suck..

http://youtu.be/oUOoDmEUqo8

Last edited by mAd mOrdigan; 11-04-2012 at 10:59 AM.. Reason: can't figure out this embed thing
Old 11-04-2012, 10:58 AM

Default Vehicle out of fuel,

Man,
It looked like a kick butt event. My rig wouldn't start as the carb was dirty.
I missed a cool event! I will be 1st to buy tickets next zombie!! Glad everyone had fun no one got bitten by zombies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mp5marley View Post
guess i'll bring this since everyone is going hardcore..

Old 11-04-2012, 11:37 AM
Now in AZ
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I am reading the comments regarding the RSO team and taking it to heart. The RSO's were my responsibility, so if there was an issue because of even one of them not stopping a problem, then I am considering it to be MY failure.

Some of the rules are relaxed, but they were only relaxed in so much as people did not abuse them. The rules were posted on the website when you went to register and were also provided in the little guide book you recieved when you signed in. Shooting someone elses target is something that should not have been allowed and was against the posted rules. Period. It ruins the fun for many people. I know I wouldn't be happy about someone shooting my target. If anyone was unsafe shooting there should have been corrective steps taken. In addition to the rules that were posted for participants, each RSO volunteer was sent prior to the event a six page guide book specific to their roles, including how to handle violations of the rules.

I really wish I could have heard these comments during the event so I could have stepped in and corrected some of these issues (I spoke with one person with Ricky-Ray towards the end of the event, who also reported that someone setup their targets blocking their spot to setup). I think at future events where we have split lines, instead of roaming around between the lines, the best approach would be to have an "RSO booth" so that everyone has a central point to go to if they see something and it is unresolved. We did have a variety of experence levels in the RSO volunteers, with the highest experienced ones put into the role of leading the individual ranges (total of 5 ranges were hot).

As far as moving targets out, I will support the lead RSO who made that call. We tried to allow the targets to be in more due to it being a night shoot, but when a problem occured and I was unreachable due to some radio problems, they made the call to move everything back. Was it an over reaction? Perhaps, but it was made with safety in mind, and once I became informed of the issue, I agreed with the result. Even after that solution we still had some problems and then synchronized the pistol and rifle ceasefires to eliminate this problem. My understanding after some conversation last night is that Burro itself now synchronizes the ceasefires on the two ranges due to them seeing similar issues.

The tracer incident was unfortunate, but I will backup the lead RSO for the pistol range in shutting that range down until we could verify that no fire was started and nothing was at risk. It took about 20 minutes to sort it out and get everyone back going). Before full details were available I called for the rifle line to ceasefire as well just in case for safety reasons.

The bottom line seems to be that we had 300+ participants on 5 ranges, with no serious safety issues and the majority of people had a safe and enjoyable time. Overall the RSO team did a good job, and the number of issues were very few and most of them quickly resolved, with a few exceptions. To the few participants that did not have a good time: we are going to listen to your feedback and work to make sure that those problems can be avoided in the future.

I believe all participants will be receiving a survey regarding the event, so please be sure to reply and let us know what we need to improve to make future events better for everyone.

If there is any other issues that you want to bring up or discuss, good or bad, please PM and include as many details as possible.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio252c View Post
Thanks alot, me and my wife worked pretty hard on our costumes. Our highlights were winning the costume contest and the outbreak zone. Had a great time and Thanks for the efforts of all the volunteers, organizers and sponsors.
Hope this was you scorpio252c, hats off to you and the wife!

/salute
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (92.3 KB, 68 views)
Old 11-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbully View Post

Finally, I was slightly disappointed with the organization at the outbreak range. No one was giving directions to people as they came up to wait there turn. Everyone seemed confused to where the lines were and if there were any at all. I was there like 30 mins before one of the team members finally pointed out the line was on the other side. However, the Shield Tac guys were great and helpful when I pointed that out. They let me have my turn pretty quickly, but it was definitely a little too lax and too much "winging it."
Thanks for your comments. We have spent this morning discussing "lessons learned" and I (JWH) give you my word that, should we be allowed to assist in future events, we will put those lessons to good use and those events will only get better and better. Thanks again for coming and for your support.