Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 06-17-2018, 9:41 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by howbobert View Post
For those that are wondering about what the voting in each of these states will look like. Check this out. I got this in a email from the State of Jefferson (SOJ) people. They claim that it is from the last presidential election. If true, it doesn't bode will for us. I know that a lot of SOJ people don't like it, because we will still be out voted by the major population areas.

The only saving grace would be if they fashioned each new state's senate after the US model where each county (state in the US model) has it's own senator. But instead of 2 senators from each county, they should have one. Which I think is likely not to happen.

Attachment 701789
At first blush the map looks politically scary. But it presumes the population remains stable. All those conservative and moderate voters stuck in Old CA and NoCal may relocate to SoCal tipping the state red. You may even see migration from AZ. Breakup of the 9th circus could come to fruition. The highspeed crazy train would get killed. San Diego and Orange County have strong business bases and the SoCal Central Valley has vibrant agriculture and oil production. SoCal would have the only international border. Make Socal Golden again.
Old 06-17-2018, 10:52 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Make Socal Great Again?
Old 06-17-2018, 11:28 AM

SoCal is in reality a desert, it depends on outside sources for water. SoCal doesn't have the ability to support the 20+ million people who reside there, and as such is an artificial construct. Land without water is worthless. If for some reason, political or geological, SoCal became unable to import water, millions of people would be forced to migrate elsewhere, and quickly.
CRPA Member
Old 06-18-2018, 9:07 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Funny cartoon in the SD Union by Breem.

It shows a map of California in 3 colors and 3 regions. The inland and desert is called "affordable California".

Inland from the coastal regions is called "Expensive California".

The narrow coastal strip is called "Keep dreaming".

The caption says: "California is already divided into 3 states".
Old 06-18-2018, 10:30 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Thumbs down

I'd say it's a snowball's chance in hell.
The coast of California
Must be somewhere over here, over here
Greatful Dead
“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
Mark Twain
Old 06-18-2018, 11:22 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
The SOJ people only support what will benefit them. The rest of us are nothing and our opinions just the same. If this split benefited them in any way they would be all for it. Since it doesn't it appears they are the loudest opponents to it.

Yet what is really missing is the FACT that there are literally millions of other Californians who are not represented or underrepresented as they are. They have the same opinion as those in the SOJ area that the bay area and Krapamento have ruined California.

This state screws every single person who is not on the left side of politics and that covers every zip code of this state.

Also you aren't the only ones who are sick of bay area politicians controlling this state. They may be south of you but north of millions of other Californians sick of Bay Area political ideology they ram up everyone's butt in this state.
Old 06-18-2018, 11:51 AM
Veteran Member

SOJ supporters are CA and OR based counties trying to become a stand alone 51th state.
We are not about any N vs S arguments that support the slicing up of CA into a three way cluster fek.

This three way split is an attempt by Sacto capital pezzonovante to get more power into Washington.
Thats their money move right there.
"Find out just what the people will submit to and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress."
-- Frederick Douglass --

“I didn’t know I was a slave until I found out I couldn’t do the things I wanted.”
– Frederick Douglass --
Old 06-18-2018, 12:47 PM
Calguns Addict

SOJ supporters want the SOJ, they don't give a **** if the rest of the state is divided in two or three or six or whatever.
Old 06-18-2018, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMB 1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMB 1 View Post
SOJ supporters want the SOJ, they don't give a **** if the rest of the state is divided in two or three or six or whatever.
Just gonna throw in a +1000000. Map is perfectly drawn IMO.