Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 09-11-2017, 7:56 PM

Default Aero precision Quantum

I have an AR with a mid length gas system with an A2 front sight. I've been thinking about free floating it. I want to keep the A2. I was thinking the Aero Precision Quantum M loc. Does anyone have any pictures or experience with similar set ups?
Old 09-12-2017, 6:38 AM

I have the Quantum M-LOK handguard on my AR pistol, save your money and get something else or get the Enhanced M-LOK handguard from them. The Quantum doesn't have a full pic rail on the top of the handguard and it required me to shave my Magpul BUS to fit them on the front pic rail since there's not enough clearance, although you're keeping your A2 front sight. If you're really on a budget for a FF handguard, it isn't terrible, but there's better options.
Old 09-12-2017, 8:48 AM

Ya I looked at the enhanced. The reason I was looking at the quantum was the lack of rail on the top. Any recommendations for similar fore ends
Old 09-12-2017, 8:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobboberson View Post
Ya I looked at the enhanced. The reason I was looking at the quantum was the lack of rail on the top. Any recommendations for similar fore ends
If you don't have a budget and don't want a full pic rail, Odin Works has an awesome, lightweight, M-LOK handguard. But it's WAY more expensive than the Aero. https://www.odinworks.com/category_s/1888.htm
Old 09-12-2017, 9:21 AM
Veteran Member

I like the ALG handguards, and they're reasonably priced. They're available without a top rail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSACANNONEER View Post
A real live woman is more expensive than a fleshlight. Which would you rather have?
Old 09-12-2017, 9:48 AM
Veteran Member

I've tried those aero rails.. They are kinda fat.

I'd suggest going midwest industries SSK or SSM.

Quote:
"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country."
- Dianne Feinstein
Old 09-12-2017, 10:40 AM

I was looking at the Aero Atlas S-One but 2x the price of the Quantum. Much thinner and lighter though.
Old 09-13-2017, 8:21 AM

+1 on the MI. Did a build for a friend and it is nice and light. I built a rifle using the Troy delta. It's nice but so heavy.
Old 09-13-2017, 8:26 AM

I've been looking at the Midwest industries and it is a solid possibility. I'm also liking Faxon