Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Discussions of Faith
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2019, 5:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911RONIN View Post
So let me put a dagger in this thread.

From a Christian standpoint, suppose we have the following candidates:

A. Morally upright; morally sound policies
B: Morally upright; morally unsound policies
C: Morally unsound; morally sound policies
D: Morally unsound; morally unsound policies

From a Christian and /or biblical standpoint (those are not always the same), which should we choose? If A is available vs any other the choice is obvious. But this is never the case.

What pairing best reflects the last election?

B vs C? B vs D? B vs B? We could spend all night sorting it out.

For the sake of argument, Suppose that it is between B (Hillary) and C (Trump).

Biblically what should we do? Or, what saith the Lord?

Should we consider the impact on Christians? Non-Christians?

Suppose that all evangelicals stayed home and Hillary won, which would have led to a generation of legal opinions maximizing abortion access and minimizing Christian conscience. What would the public have thought of evangelicals? Would Jesus have made that decision?

These things are unclear. Which is why I think everyone voted by whatever light they possessed at the time. And for whatever the errors of judgment that were made, the blood of Christ will cover them all.

Peace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
False. Mike Pence.

I was a hard-core Never-Trumper Ted Cruz guy until the blowhard sucked all the air out of the GOP and then I had a choice, either support the amoral unindicted buffoon or the amoral supporter of a sexual predator with a known history of selling out, so I voted Trump.

If Trump bows out before the election and lets Pence take the helm, I'll be a happy camper. Would Pence be able to keep the same momentum and achieve the same rate of judges, deregulation, etc? Dunno, but better him than any Dem.

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
Old 08-10-2019, 9:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnatus View Post
False. Mike Pence.

I was a hard-core Never-Trumper Ted Cruz guy until the blowhard sucked all the air out of the GOP and then I had a choice, either support the amoral unindicted buffoon or the amoral supporter of a sexual predator with a known history of selling out, so I voted Trump.

If Trump bows out before the election and lets Pence take the helm, I'll be a happy camper. Would Pence be able to keep the same momentum and achieve the same rate of judges, deregulation, etc? Dunno, but better him than any Dem.

Okay. So how does this have anything to do with what I posted? You voted for Mike Pence? The one is not now in charge and is statistically unlikely to take over? You voted for Trump, despite who or what you think you were voting for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-14-2019, 9:59 AM

I recommend to watch Netflix mini docu-series "The Family". I find it a bit disturbing. Most posters here maybe won't, but perhaps should IMO. Good to be informed at the very least.

Last edited by justMike; 08-14-2019 at 12:15 PM..
Old 09-11-2019, 9:32 AM

The family business. We report, you decide.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...y-loans-227914
Old 09-12-2019, 6:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71MUSTY View Post
It is the left who accuses Trump of alleged sins with no real proof. And it is the left that says Evangelicals should "Judge" Trump by the alleged but unproven sins.

All while the left complains that the Evangelicals have no right to judge them these same sins when they themselves commit them.

In fact the left is working hard to normalize legalize everything from extramarital sex and prostitution, pedophilia, drugs, gambling, abnormal sexual practices and 4th term murder.

The Hypocrisy is the left the left telling Evangelicals they must "Judge" anyone but them.

Were there pedophiles in churches?? You bet. A Church is an institution which can be corrupted just like any other institution.

If all Evangelicals are to be judged by the actions of a few then we should apply the same standard to the left but we don't.

Be careful who you label hypocrite.

Judging is more a Progressive thing.

and yet none on the left ever spoke of repentance or being saved from sin. they simple accept sin as a norm without the need for repentence. their actions run counter to the bible.
Old 09-12-2019, 6:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterb View Post
Religious fundamentalism has no place in politics. Period.
Full stop.
then there would have not been the USA or much of the western european tradition and culture of Europe as we know it today.
or there would not be China or Indian culture as we seen it from the beginning.
Old 09-13-2019, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justMike View Post
I recommend to watch Netflix mini docu-series "The Family". I find it a bit disturbing. Most posters here maybe won't, but perhaps should IMO. Good to be informed at the very least.
We all have our blind spots, but I'll tell you what I find disturbing: someone giving leftist Hollywood writers a pipeline into their brain with their leftist values and secular faith undergirding increasingly desperate attempts to score ratings for those who pay them. One of the best things I ever did was dropping my satellite TV and Netflix subscriptions. Netflix, especially, a company which makes overt attempts to virtue-signal their mindless embrace of leftist values.

Quote:
Hate to tell you, but the closer you get to a person, a church, an institution, the messier and dirtier it gets. Particularly, the latter two, because you are aggregating fallen, sinful people. When you step into leadership roles at a church or an institution, unfortunately, you are provided with an abundance of examples all pointing to what the Bible says about humanity: the human heart is desperately wicked, and you learn things about people you never wanted to know. This comes as a shock to you?
Old 09-13-2019, 12:32 PM

Quote:

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...y-loans-227914
That Russia Collusion lie wasn't enough? Now we have a new delusion.