Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Coronavirus/COVID19 Temp Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Coronavirus/COVID19 Temp Forum This is a temporary forum for discussion, debate, sharing and helping each other during and in relation to the Coronavirus/COVID19

Old 08-25-2021, 6:31 AM
Calguns Addict

Default Dallas Cowboys 93% vaxxed - yet 4 vaxxed players get covid

The 95% effective vaccine is pretty leaky

https://thelibertydaily.com/guess-wh...ave-in-common/

Quote:
The Cowboys announced Saturday that their player vaccination rate is 93 percent. They have four players and defensive coordinator Dan Quinn in COVID-19 protocol, but Quinn, Carlos Watkins and CeeDee Lamb, all of whom tested positive, are fully vaccinated, Calvin Watkins of the Dallas Morning News reports.

In fact, earlier this month the NFL Players Association announced that nearly half of all infected individuals in the league (32 out of 65) were “vaccinated individuals,” meaning the Cowboys’ situation is not an anomaly.
Vaxxers will say ".....but but but you shouldn't expect the vax to be 100%!"

Sure, but I'd expect the unvaxxed to catch more covid than the vaxxed. This isn't happening is Israel.
Old 08-25-2021, 7:06 AM

Must've been those 7% unvaxed that spread the COVID
Old 08-25-2021, 8:43 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shooter View Post

That has been the talking point widely bleated by the vax Nazis. So much for their initial claim of "Get the vaccine and keep yourself SAFE from the Coronavirus".
* Augmenting primitive feelings of envy;
* Rejecting the sovereignty of the individual, subordinating him to the will of the government

http://www.wnd.com/2008/11/56494/
Old 08-25-2021, 4:49 PM
Veteran Member

Seatbelts don't ensure that wearers never die or are injured in car accidents.

The Cowboy's results could be simply the vaxxed are being less careful than the unvaxxed.
Old 08-25-2021, 5:38 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepergeo View Post

The Cowboy's results could be simply the vaxxed are being less careful than the unvaxxed.
If getting the vaccine means one still has to be just as careful as the unvaccinated, then why not just be careful and skip the vaccine?
Old 08-25-2021, 5:45 PM
Calguns Addict

Supports a 5% breakthrough rate

Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
Americans vs. Democrats
We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross

We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.
Old 08-25-2021, 5:46 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra57 View Post
That has been the talking point widely bleated by the vax Nazis. So much for their initial claim of "Get the vaccine and keep yourself SAFE from the Coronavirus".
That was never the claim, 95% effective rate with 180 Million vaxed means 9 million breakthrough cases.

Guess you skipped math.

Quote:
Americans vs. Democrats

We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.
Old 08-25-2021, 7:07 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71MUSTY View Post
Supports a 5% breakthrough rate
Is that 5% per month? Per year? Per life time?

I think that's an important metric to have. A 5% breakthrough rate in about 3 months comes out to be 20% annually. That's not a very good vaccine.
Old 08-26-2021, 8:22 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
That was never the claim...
Yes, it certainly was. And early on, everyone I met that was vaccinated strutted around crowing about how they were free to do as they pleased, because they got the vax.

The idea that being vaccinated was a shield that rebuked the virus was very much being peddled. Until it wasn't.

"Give a conservative a pile of bricks and you get a beautiful city. Give a leftist a city and you get a pile of bricks."
Old 08-26-2021, 8:39 AM
CGSSA Associate

More proof it's just the flu
Old 08-26-2021, 8:44 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbossman View Post
Yes, it certainly was. And early on, everyone I met that was vaccinated strutted around crowing about how they were free to do as they pleased, because they got the vax.

The idea that being vaccinated was a shield that rebuked the virus was very much being peddled. Until it wasn't.
So your friends skipped math too. Probably products of the California School System. They said 95% effective from day one. Probably just heard what you wanted to hear.

Quote:
Americans vs. Democrats

Old 08-26-2021, 9:17 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
So your friends skipped math too. Probably products of the California School System. They said 95% effective from day one. Probably just heard what you wanted to hear.
Juvenile insults aside, you're wrong. Also - the word "friend" does not appear anywhere in my previous post, so you're reading comprehension skills are a bit suspect.

"Give a conservative a pile of bricks and you get a beautiful city. Give a leftist a city and you get a pile of bricks."

Last edited by bigbossman; 08-26-2021 at 9:20 AM..
Old 08-26-2021, 9:42 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
The 95% effective vaccine is pretty leaky

https://thelibertydaily.com/guess-wh...ave-in-common/

Sure, but I'd expect the unvaxxed to catch more covid than the vaxxed. This isn't happening is Israel.

It is expected that those who are vaccinated will still contract Covid. The goal is to reduce the symptoms.

Yeah I know the sales hype might have said otherwise but the real story under the sales pitch has said this since before these vaccines were released.

"Orwell was an Optimist" - Cali-Glock
"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal Reynolds

Freedom Week: March 29-April 6, 2019 // Freedom Day: April 23-24, 2020 - Thank you, Judge Benitez!
NRA - Endowment Member // CRPA - Life Member (Disclaimer: Everything I write is fiction. I am just here to try out ideas for my to-be-written great-American-novel.)
Old 08-26-2021, 9:45 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
And even before it was available to the general public the data was showing real world efficacy anywhere from the 60s to 90s depending on which vaccine and which study... (As I recall somewhere in the 80s was the sweet spot.) I have not continued to track this issue, the numbers might actually be in the 90s.

But let us say it is 95% that means you have a 95% chance of having reduced symptoms when you contract Covid; not that you won't contract Covid.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal Reynolds

Freedom Week: March 29-April 6, 2019 // Freedom Day: April 23-24, 2020 - Thank you, Judge Benitez!
NRA - Endowment Member // CRPA - Life Member (Disclaimer: Everything I write is fiction. I am just here to try out ideas for my to-be-written great-American-novel.)
Old 08-26-2021, 9:46 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigfan91 View Post
If getting the vaccine means one still has to be just as careful as the unvaccinated, then why not just be careful and skip the vaccine?
Because the consequences (symptoms/likelihood of death) when you contract Covid can be FAR WORSE if you are not vaccinated.

Old 08-26-2021, 9:47 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali-Glock View Post
It is expected that those who are vaccinated will still contract Covid. The goal is to reduce the symptoms.

Yeah I know the sales hype might have said otherwise but the real story under the sales pitch has said this since before these vaccines were released.
Who cares about symptoms? Society has always dealt with headaches and runny noses. You pop a Dayquil and continue with your day. If a fever, go home and rest.
Old 08-26-2021, 11:19 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Because the consequences (symptoms/likelihood of death) when you contract Covid can be FAR WORSE if you are not vaccinated.
Millions have contracted the wuhan virus and claimed it was more like a flu.

What this "vaccine" is really not a vaccine, but more of a preventive remedy. A preventive remedy with its own adverse consequences in a small number of people.

Virus = small number of people go to hospital, with a smaller subset of that dying

"Vaccine" = small number of people go to hospital due to adverse reactions, with a smaller subset of that dying

I fail to see the pay off in getting this "vaccine." Add to that the unknown long term consequences years down the line that no one knows about. I'm waiting for all the beta test to be completed before I decide.
Old 08-26-2021, 12:24 PM
Veteran Member

#CowardBoys
Old 08-26-2021, 12:32 PM
Front Toward Enemy
CGN Contributor

The question is, would they have even known they were infected if not for the tests they have to frequently take? The article at WFAA never says they are sick.

If they had no symptoms and only found out because they have to test, a strong argument could be made for vaccine effectiveness.

But of course any story can be spun

Last edited by SkyHawk; 08-26-2021 at 12:35 PM..
Old 08-26-2021, 12:38 PM
Veteran Member

Such a good point, Sky.

“Imagine, a virus so deadly that you have to be tested constantly to see if you have it.”
Old 08-26-2021, 1:00 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

Only for the elderly/sick/obese
. For the young and healthy covid19 is harmless - an inconvenience at most (I missed 1 day of work.)
Old 08-26-2021, 3:01 PM
AKA: Joe Censored
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
That's not what the most recent data is saying. Out of the UK this week, hospitalizations are lower than unvaccinated, but deaths are double the unvaccinated.
Old 08-26-2021, 4:54 PM
Global Warming Enthusiast
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Millions have contracted the wuhan virus and claimed it was more like a flu.

What this "vaccine" is really not a vaccine, but more of a preventive remedy. A preventive remedy with its own adverse consequences in a small number of people.

Virus = small number of people go to hospital, with a smaller subset of that dying

"Vaccine" = small number of people go to hospital due to adverse reactions, with a smaller subset of that dying

I fail to see the pay off in getting this "vaccine." Add to that the unknown long term consequences years down the line that no one knows about. I'm waiting for all the beta test to be completed before I decide.
Precisely.

Buy made in USA whenever possible.
Old 08-26-2021, 5:09 PM
Pitbull Apologist
CGN Contributor

16296695775386843979728173998793_156245455024235.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHT762 View Post
Can I bring my Donkey? He loves Chunky Monkey.
Old 08-26-2021, 7:21 PM
Veteran Member

Old 08-26-2021, 7:56 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Can be? I mean, no one knows, so they can be FAR MILDER too. The shot is a sham. It's BS.
Old 08-26-2021, 9:31 PM
Calguns Addict

I doubt 93% of the players are truly vaccinated. These are pro athletes that make big bucks, their health is incredibly vital to their career. I bet they walked into a pharmacy and drop some Ben Franklin's, the trashcan gets vaccinated and they walk away with a card.
Old 08-27-2021, 3:20 AM
Calguns Addict

Default Ryan Tannehill

Ryan Tannehill was forced to get the vax and is now covid-positive. A lot of good that did him! Now on the "covid reserve list", whatever that is. (ie. not really sick, but registered positive on some completely contrived test)

https://www.outkick.com/vaccinated-r...-reserve-list/

Quote:
Titans quarterback Ryan Tannehill, who got vaccinated in July because of the NFL’s unending pressure to get the COVID shots, has been placed on the NFL’s COVID reserve list and will now miss five to 10 days.

Adam Schefter reports that the Titans now have three players and two coaches dealing with COVID.

“The NFL has kind of made it clear what they want to happen. If you don’t fall in line, they’re gonna to make your life miserable with all the protocols,” Tannehill said in July. “I wouldn’t have gotten the vaccine, without the protocols that they’re enforcing on us,” he added. “I think it’s a personal decision for everyone, everyone has to make the best decision for them and their families. That’s kind of our mindset in this building. But they’re trying to force your hand and they ultimately have forced a lot of hands by the protocols.”
Why take the vax if you can't continue with your life?

Oh, because "it reduces symptoms?" The symptoms are not severe to begin with...
Old 09-14-2021, 6:48 PM
Calguns Addict

Eight coaches & players from the Saints, Fully Vaxxed, come up with the C19

95% effective.... they must have found the 5% loophole

https://thelibertydaily.com/six-new-...ll-got-vaxxed/
Old 09-14-2021, 7:07 PM
Made in the USA

Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepergeo View Post

Vax for covid is the equivalent to wearing a helmet in rush hour traffic on the way to work.

The seatbelt analogy isn't even close.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaphroditus View Post
It only has as much power as you give it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned
I know some things about a lot of things - and a lot of things about some things - but I don't know everything about anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by WartHog View Post
GET OFF MY CACTUS!
-----------------------------
"RIGHT POWER!"
http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w558/LBDamneds/Misc/III_zpsofbisb36.jpg
Old 09-14-2021, 7:10 PM
Made in the USA

Quote:

18+ months later - millions haven't needed help reducing symptoms.

Choice is fine. Mandates are not.
Quote:
Quote:
I know some things about a lot of things - and a lot of things about some things - but I don't know everything about anything
Quote:
GET OFF MY CACTUS!
"RIGHT POWER!"
Old 09-14-2021, 8:03 PM
Former cabinetguy
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Is that 5% per month? Per year? Per life time?

I think that's an important metric to have. A 5% breakthrough rate in about 3 months comes out to be 20% annually. That's not a very good vaccine.
So the lied about the effective. In the coming years we find out if they lied about the safe.

Can’t somebody do something?!?!?!?!
Old 09-14-2021, 8:11 PM

Everyone is getting covid sooner or later. That is just how it is going to be. The current vax simply reduces the risk of having a serious case.

It is all about overall risk. The older you are the more risk reduction you get from getting the vax. If you are old and fat even more risk reduction from getting the vax.

This is how I thought it was going to go from the start. There was a lot of false hope. Doesn't mean that there will not be another vax in the future that is much more effective.

The ones really doing it wrong are places like New Zealand where they think they can keep it out. Good luck to them. At least they have a lot of sheep to eat, because their economy is in the process of getting flushed harder than our econy.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-2021, 5:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUTTER View Post
I doubt 93% of the players are truly vaccinated. These are pro athletes that make big bucks, their health is incredibly vital to their career. I bet they walked into a pharmacy and drop some Ben Franklin's, the trashcan gets vaccinated and they walk away with a card.
You doubt everything
Old 09-15-2021, 5:55 AM
Calguns Addict

Big D you don't question anything
Old 09-15-2021, 5:59 AM

I do , like why you always defending Sputter?
Lets stick with his bet, that a pro NFL athlete walked into a Pharmacy, Cmon man, these guys are celebrities and they just do not walk into anywhere, their inner circle peeps do all the leg work. Just shows how outta touch some people are with what really happens in the world. Maybe that was his attempt at humor or sarcasm. Sputter is alight in my book cuz he loves God, but I just do not like the vax is poison /and his gloom outlook for the world that took the poison.

Last edited by theduracellbigd; 09-15-2021 at 6:06 AM..
Old 09-15-2021, 6:11 AM
Made in the USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduracellbigd View Post
You doubt everything
It's healthy.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
GET OFF MY CACTUS!
"RIGHT POWER!"
Old 09-17-2021, 11:50 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
More proof it's just the flu
That can't be true. The flu has decided to temporarily retire in honor of Covid.

We typically average at least 10k positive specimens a year, often increasing to 60k or more, yet 2020 had 1,800 and change. The official statement by the CDC is that masking and social distancing account for this drop, yet somehow the masking and distancing didn't seem to reduce Covid cases...

Fortunately for us, flu just happened to decide to vanish just in time for this Covid pandemic, or we might be dealing with both at the same time!

"Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.
I like my guns like the left likes their voters-"undocumented".
Old 09-17-2021, 11:43 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Eight coaches & players from the Saints, Fully Vaxxed, come up with the C19

95% effective.... they must have found the 5% loophole

https://thelibertydaily.com/six-new-...ll-got-vaxxed/
The "vaccine" is very effective when no one gets sick