Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 07-25-2018, 12:20 PM
Calguns Addict

Default History channel thinks women unfit for guns

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2018...seal-drama-six

"Ricky: No? This is what gets people like you killed. This is what kills our kids. And it happens all the time. This piece is around 600 bucks, and I know you didn't buy it. So who gave it to you?

Jackie: I'm sorry, Ricky. I was scared. You weren't here. I panicked. I'll get it out of the house.

Ricky: Who gave it you? Goddamn it, who gave it to you?!

Jackie: Alex. Caulder. I’m sorry. Say something."

I humbly suggest people offended by this sexist drivel cancell the History Channel.

"LIARS MAKE
THE BEST PROMISES"
Pierce Brown

Last edited by ja308; 07-25-2018 at 12:26 PM..
Old 07-26-2018, 2:15 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
https://www.nraila.org/articles/2018...seal-drama-six

"Ricky: No? This is what gets people like you killed. This is what kills our kids. And it happens all the time. This piece is around 600 bucks, and I know you didn't buy it. So who gave it to you?

Jackie: I'm sorry, Ricky. I was scared. You weren't here. I panicked. I'll get it out of the house.

Ricky: Who gave it you? Goddamn it, who gave it to you?!

Jackie: Alex. Caulder. I’m sorry. Say something."

I humbly suggest people offended by this sexist drivel cancell the History Channel.

If your going to quote the show at least add some context to it. You know like where she said the mag was out and it had a round in the chamber after he found it in the glove compartment of the car, just before the whole conversation you quote took place. Seemed to me to be more about proper gun safety than any sexist drivel, but hell that's just me, and if your offended by proper gun safety you got bigger issues than worrying about a TV show meant to entertain.

Last edited by P5Ret; 07-26-2018 at 2:20 PM..
Old 07-26-2018, 3:29 PM

It's a good show. I don't see anything sexist about it. The character obviously had no firearm training. (The fault of the characters husband, who portrays a Seal). I believe the husband will eventually teach his wife how to use a firearm as the story continues.

c'mon, it's a T.V. show.....
Old 07-30-2018, 6:15 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARDude View Post
It's a good show. I don't see anything sexist about it. The character obviously had no firearm training. (The fault of the characters husband, who portrays a Seal). I believe the husband will eventually teach his wife how to use a firearm as the story continues.

c'mon, it's a T.V. show.....
Oh its a good show huh! well it was the NRA ILA that published it because the show disrespected the intelligence and competence of women.

So the scenario was this lady was afraid because her husband was not around and a friend gave/ loaned her a gun.

To my way of thinking as a pro gun self defense advocate. I would say sorry you are frightened Babe lets go through a few safety rules and then we can get you competent to protect yourself and our family.

But instead this mythical hollywood snapperhead pretending to be SEAL comes completely unglued because his wife has a gun.

The fact you think this is a good show with the antigun anti women agenda says this show has misled you and probably put an anti gun, anti female meme to your thought process.

Come on Ladies chime in if you side with the premise you are too dumb to own a gun! Or conversely !

"LIARS MAKE
THE BEST PROMISES"
Pierce Brown

Last edited by ja308; 07-30-2018 at 9:15 PM..
Old 07-30-2018, 6:21 PM
Veteran Member

Funny, Iíve only watched a few minutes of that series and that was the same part I saw. I had the same reaction. Seemed like they were going waaaay out of their way to portray guns as evil.
Old 07-30-2018, 6:23 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by P5Ret View Post

If your going to quote the show at least add some context to it. You know like where she said the mag was out and it had a round in the chamber after he found it in the glove compartment of the car, just before the whole conversation you quote took place. Seemed to me to be more about proper gun safety than any sexist drivel, but hell that's just me, and if your offended by proper gun safety you got bigger issues than worrying about a TV show meant to entertain.
Yeah I got big problems with antigun Hollywood. But my problems fortunately do not include reading comprehension. Maybe its because instead of watching mindless Hollywood crap I actually do read a couple books per month !It would appear there was not a round in the chamber to my reading

Ricky: Where'd you get it? You know there could still be a round in the chamber, right? Is there a round in the chamber, Jackie?

Jackie: No.

Indicating there was not a round in the chamber !

BTW the facepalm you used set the tone for my reply

"LIARS MAKE
THE BEST PROMISES"
Pierce Brown

Last edited by ja308; 07-30-2018 at 6:26 PM..
Old 07-30-2018, 9:57 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
Yeah I got big problems with antigun Hollywood. But my problems fortunately do not include reading comprehension. Maybe its because instead of watching mindless Hollywood crap I actually do read a couple books per month !It would appear there was not a round in the chamber to my reading

Ricky: Where'd you get it? You know there could still be a round in the chamber, right? Is there a round in the chamber, Jackie?

Jackie: No.

Indicating there was not a round in the chamber !

BTW the facepalm you used set the tone for my reply
Well maybe instead of reading what someone else wrote to lead you down the garden path, you ought to go and watch the scene. Because clearly when I watched it he ejected a round out of the chamber. It's quite telling given her reaction also. Along with the follow up line "this is what get's people killed, this is what could get our kid's killed". I think your relying too heavily on the NRA's interpretation of what happened, without actually watching it.

I guess the NRA agenda pusher's completely missed the scene a few episode's back where one of the guy's was teaching his daughter to shoot, but I guess that didn't fit the agenda, so it didn't happen.

I think we can all find hundred's of examples of people who have had an ND when they said the gun wasn't loaded. I know I don't trust anyone's word on if something is loaded or not until I have checked it. Do you?

Last edited by P5Ret; 07-30-2018 at 10:07 PM..
Old 07-31-2018, 11:01 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by P5Ret View Post
Well maybe instead of reading what someone else wrote to lead you down the garden path, you ought to go and watch the scene. Because clearly when I watched it he ejected a round out of the chamber. It's quite telling given her reaction also. Along with the follow up line "this is what get's people killed, this is what could get our kid's killed". I think your relying too heavily on the NRA's interpretation of what happened, without actually watching it.

I guess the NRA agenda pusher's completely missed the scene a few episode's back where one of the guy's was teaching his daughter to shoot, but I guess that didn't fit the agenda, so it didn't happen.

I think we can all find hundred's of examples of people who have had an ND when they said the gun wasn't loaded. I know I don't trust anyone's word on if something is loaded or not until I have checked it. Do you?
I agree with always check the chamber. Its not only good advice its GREAT advise and cannot be repeated too often.

I used to get the history channel and found it more irritating than informative . One segment had a guy with sport coat elbow patches and all laughing about the design of an 1895 trapdoor. Im thinking guns like other products evolve.

Regardless the fake hollywood SEAL showed the true Hollywood agenda.
As a side I personally will not or read anything that is not accurate. This is because after time my mind gets confused if what I saw or read was real or a result of some Hollywood 5th column communist, attempting to alter my view of reality.

Since dropping cable Ive found a new love of reading. When its TV time I like the NRA channel which is free!

How about it ladies ? Do you appreciate the idea you are unqualified to own a gun ?

"LIARS MAKE
THE BEST PROMISES"
Pierce Brown

Last edited by ja308; 07-31-2018 at 11:04 AM..
Old 07-31-2018, 11:09 AM

That show's already been canceled.
Old 08-02-2018, 7:00 AM

Just watched last nights episode. The same female character wound up disarming a shooter who killed her friend. And then during a struggle for the gun, she wound up killing the shooter.

Too bad the show is cancelled....
Old 08-05-2018, 5:07 PM

I ditched the history channel long before this.

When they stopped airing shows about their namesake.... History, and started airing reality show drama garbage like Counting Cars, Ancient Aliens, and God Guns and whatever (and don't even think for a second that showed us in a good light).

History, Discovery, TLC all have gone to crap.
Old 08-30-2018, 10:26 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman321 View Post
I ditched the history channel long before this.

When they stopped airing shows about their namesake.... History, and started airing reality show drama garbage like Counting Cars, Ancient Aliens, and God Guns and whatever (and don't even think for a second that showed us in a good light).

History, Discovery, TLC all have gone to crap.
Well said and one really needs to feel sorry for folks who are so desperate to be entertained they will watch programs that are designed to take away their liberty.

As a side TV used to have detective shows and westerns that did feature armed good guys!
Not sure if TV has anything like those today? Last show I sort of enjoyed was Person of Interest.

Currently we do not have access to any cable or network TV .
Amazon prime is about it, except for some DVDS!

Our lives have improved since cutting the cord.
BTW Ladies and Gentelmen, Steven Hunters Point of Impact is still a good read!

"LIARS MAKE
THE BEST PROMISES"
Pierce Brown
Old 09-10-2018, 10:26 AM

I've never heard of this TV show and so I've never seen it or the scenes in question. I couldn't find a link to the episode(s) in order to watch the whole scene in context.

It's not clear from the gun-in-glovebox scene transcript if the gun was indeed in an unsafe condition (mag out, round still in the chamber). Another poster says that the male character cleared a round from the chamber in that scene. If so, I can understand the male character's upset.

That said, the transcript from an earlier episode where she asks her husband for a gun is far more concerning to me:

Quote:
In “Dua,” the couple have the following exchange, (transcript from MRC):

Jackie: I want a gun.

Ricky: Guns are my other life. That was the deal. I never bring my other life home.

Jackie: I need a gun to protect the kids when you're not around.

Ricky: You know how hard we train just to use a gun safely, right? You'd be dangerous to yourself and to the kids more than anybody else. We're safe, bonita. I promise.

Jackie: Really? Tell that to Rip.

"You know how hard we train just to use a gun safely, right? You'd be dangerous to yourself and to the kids more than anybody else." LOL....what? Mr. Elite Navy SEAL guy thinks WAY too highly of himself. People can be trained to use a gun safely in all of 10-15 minutes. So, yeah, I like how the female character wants to protect herself and her family (and she went and got a gun anyway); but, it's dumb how the show's writers wrote his response as if she would be dangerous to herself and the children with a home protection gun. Lame. Maybe if he had "allowed" her to get the gun and gave her a lesson on safe gun handling like she asked for, she wouldn't have had to go it alone and mistakenly left the round in the chamber. LOL

Last edited by BadKitty; 09-10-2018 at 10:30 AM..