Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2018, 3:52 PM

Default Heads up on CFARS registration system quirks

I submitted my registrations on 6/16, status is "In Progress", I registered as primary registrant for joint register.

I added two firearms to my domestic partner's report with my correct CRIS numbers, I moved them from cart to pending cart, before adding the third firearm. Now, When I tried to move both pending cart items back to cart to add the third, it gives me the following error message

"The owner of the transaction in cart is different from the owner of the pending report"

Couldn't figure out what the problem was, so I deleted all pending cart items and started from scratch, did two firearms first and put them in pending cart, moved them back to cart, no problem and finish the rest by keeping all in cart without logging off. Then submitted the info of all firearms without any problems.

NOTE on "Additional Firearm Characteristics" check boxes system quirk:
Seems like when you click on Preview, those check boxes most times uncheck themselves, where you will have to go back to edit and check those boxes again. So, please becareful and make sure to print each registration form out and double check it and edit each one if necessary, before finally submitting to CFARS.
Old 06-19-2018, 12:10 AM

That is a know quirk. If you log out with items in your cart, then when you log back in you have to move then back into your cart before you enter another one or they won't let you combine them into one transaction.
Old 06-19-2018, 9:02 AM

I understand that. I had 2 pending cart items, tried moving them both back to regular cart, it wouldn't let me, received the following message

"The owner of the transaction in cart is different from the owner of the pending report"

But after deleting both from pending cart, started all over again, then it was working like it should.
Old 06-19-2018, 1:15 PM

The site is having problems with cookies and form-prefill. Delete your cookies, form-prefills and start over.

I couldn't load any pictures for the longest time this weekend, had to clear cookies each time...
Old 06-19-2018, 1:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gh429 View Post
The site is having problems with cookies and form-prefill. Delete your cookies, form-prefills and start over.

I couldn't load any pictures for the longest time this weekend, had to clear cookies each time...
Also, don't forget their quirky issue with unchecking those "Additional Firearm Characteristics" check boxes, which would definitely cause a delay.
Old 06-19-2018, 5:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZB View Post
I understand that. I had 2 pending cart items, tried moving them both back to regular cart, it wouldn't let me, received the following message

But after deleting both from pending cart, started all over again, then it was working like it should.
If you start a registration form at all, even one text letter, before moving pending to cart, they you will get this error.

Move pending to cart prior to ANYTHING else.

Yes if you are long in time and want to save that $15 then deletion is your only hope if done out of order.
Old 06-20-2018, 10:24 AM

I typed the checked features into the comments section as I could not get the page to retain them on submission.
Old 06-20-2018, 3:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensoup View Post
I typed the checked features into the comments section as I could not get the page to retain them on submission.
Whenever i come across the unchecked boxes issue, I'll edit and resubmit and it always seems to work fine.