Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > Riverside Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-24-2017, 2:30 PM
coronaman's Avatar
coronaman coronaman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Gallatin,TN
Posts: 112
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default Chad Bianco for RIV CO sheriff 2018

Chad Bianco is going to run for sheriff in 2018. He is very pro 2A and a way better guy than Stan Sniff. I know it is early still but last time Chad got 48 % of the vote on a shoestring budget.

This time he has the support of the Riverside Sheriff's Association.
__________________
Dave

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-25-2017, 1:44 AM
retired retired is offline
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Riverside County
Posts: 9,431
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Blog Entries: 2
Default

I voted for him the last time and would do so again. That said and not to be a naysayer, running against an incumbent and winning is very difficult. I speak with some knowledge on this subject having seen it done with my former dept. A Capt. and a sgt. ran against Baca at one point. After their loss, I heard, and I know that is hearsay, they were both told that was the end of any advancement in their career. True or not, I can't imagine that a sitting Sheriff would be too pleased having a subordinate running against him. Ironically, Baca ran against Block, an incumbent and won.

Also, what is common and actually occurred with Sniff, is the incumbent Sheriff will resign prior to his end of term and request the BOS appt. his personal choice (usually the Undersheriff) to the post. That way, when he runs for election (not reelection Sheriff Sniff), he is the incumbent. If Sniff plans on retiring, he will probably follow what is a tradition on some departments.

I hope Lt. Bianco wins this time. If he does, I foresee ccw permits being issued on a much grander scale. I fortunately have mine from my former dept. and I would like to see those who want it and qualify, join me in having one and not at an exorbitant price. I just read something in the paper in the last week or so that said it cost $900! If that is true, that is asinine. A person should not have to pay that much for one and I find it hard to believe the expenses are such to justify it. The article was about how the Chief of Beaumont PD was going to begin issuing them because of the huge backlog with the County. Banning's Chief stated he was looking to see how that went to decide if he would follow. So there is some hope for the citizens of those cities.

Last edited by retired; 07-25-2017 at 1:46 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-25-2017, 4:42 AM
coronaman's Avatar
coronaman coronaman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Gallatin,TN
Posts: 112
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

I hear you. I know Chad was "punished" after the last election but I think he may be able to pull it off this time.

I talked to him several times at rally's and he seemed like a very knowledgeable person. I don't live in California any more but I still support him.

I was able to get my CCW here for 100 dollars good for 8 years. Nothing changed between here and California. Strange how that works.
__________________
Dave

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-25-2017, 10:45 AM
MURRIETA45's Avatar
MURRIETA45 MURRIETA45 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 394
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

I voted for Lt. Bianco last time and I'll vote for him again!

Mark
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-27-2017, 10:31 AM
Grampz's Avatar
Grampz Grampz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 390
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Looks like Hemet PD Chief Dave Brown will throw his hat in the ring too...

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1360335
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-27-2017, 10:37 AM
Grampz's Avatar
Grampz Grampz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 390
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired View Post
...I hope Lt. Bianco wins this time. If he does, I foresee ccw permits being issued on a much grander scale...
Sniff got right on it after the last election... the wait for an initial interview is down to only 18 months...

One of my neighbors lived in Oregon a few years ago. He walked in the local sheriff's office and walked out with his permit. Hmmm...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-28-2017, 2:00 PM
coronaman's Avatar
coronaman coronaman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Gallatin,TN
Posts: 112
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

When I moved to Tennessee I had to take an 8 hour class, go to DMV and pay 100 dollars and about 3 weeks later in the mail came my CCW good for 8 years.
__________________
Dave

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-02-2017, 10:44 AM
Redneck Geek's Avatar
Redneck Geek Redneck Geek is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: PRC
Posts: 764
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MURRIETA45 View Post
I voted for Lt. Bianco last time and I'll vote for him again!

Mark
Agree. Hopefully we'll get someone who will issue without idiotic restrictions.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-02-2017, 3:02 PM
Newport's Avatar
Newport Newport is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Riverside County
Posts: 140
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Great news! I supported him last around will support again . . . heck, I even have my official 2014 yellow and black "Bianco for Sheriff" yard sign ready to go again.

If recall correctly, Sheriff Sniff will be 69 in 2018, so really time for some new leadership and Lt. Bianco is certainly the right man.
__________________
NRA Life Member
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-21-2017, 10:06 PM
Mysterios Mysterios is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 26
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote from his Facebook page

"Chad Bianco for Sheriff 2018 Hello John. Upstanding citizens that want a ccw should be able to get one, and without a long wait."
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-22-2017, 9:54 PM
pitbuljake pitbuljake is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Temporarily on earth
Posts: 183
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I remember reading somewhere a while back that Sheriff Sniff supported the idea of not allowing CCW holders to carry on school grounds. I thought he vetted us. guess not!


Jake
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-22-2017, 10:01 PM
Bill Carson's Avatar
Bill Carson Bill Carson is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,333
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired View Post
I voted for him the last time and would do so again. That said and not to be a naysayer, running against an incumbent and winning is very difficult. I speak with some knowledge on this subject having seen it done with my former dept. A Capt. and a sgt. ran against Baca at one point. After their loss, I heard, and I know that is hearsay, they were both told that was the end of any advancement in their career. True or not, I can't imagine that a sitting Sheriff would be too pleased having a subordinate running against him. Ironically, Baca ran against Block, an incumbent and won.

Also, what is common and actually occurred with Sniff, is the incumbent Sheriff will resign prior to his end of term and request the BOS appt. his personal choice (usually the Undersheriff) to the post. That way, when he runs for election (not reelection Sheriff Sniff), he is the incumbent. If Sniff plans on retiring, he will probably follow what is a tradition on some departments.

I hope Lt. Bianco wins this time. If he does, I foresee ccw permits being issued on a much grander scale. I fortunately have mine from my former dept. and I would like to see those who want it and qualify, join me in having one and not at an exorbitant price. I just read something in the paper in the last week or so that said it cost $900! If that is true, that is asinine. A person should not have to pay that much for one and I find it hard to believe the expenses are such to justify it. The article was about how the Chief of Beaumont PD was going to begin issuing them because of the huge backlog with the County. Banning's Chief stated he was looking to see how that went to decide if he would follow. So there is some hope for the citizens of those cities.
Baca only won because Block died.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-31-2017, 3:44 PM
MURRIETA45's Avatar
MURRIETA45 MURRIETA45 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 394
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Posted on Denise Bianco's facebook page:

"New rules for the Sheriff's candidate Lt. Chad Bianco- from the dictator
*Chad can no longer wear a uniform
*Chad can no longer write reports
*Chad can't handle any calls (he was helping out since Hemet was part of the "county draw down" sniff ordered in the county areas to make a point to the county supervisors and put the Hemet residents and deputies in dangerous situations-sniff doesnt care)
*Can't back up calls for service for any deputies regardless of the seriousness of the call. (remember he was spoken to for going to an officer down call) now he has been ORDERED not to help any deputies out. Unbelievable!!!!
If this doesnt send a message that this dictator cares nothing about his department or the people they serve, then I dont know what does. Him getting reelected is the only thing that matters. I am shaking typing this, I can't believe this stuff can go on in this county, in this country!! Get him out of office!
Chad Bianco for Sheriff 2018!!!"
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-11-2017, 12:47 AM
retired retired is offline
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Riverside County
Posts: 9,431
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MURRIETA45 View Post
Posted on Denise Bianco's facebook page:

"New rules for the Sheriff's candidate Lt. Chad Bianco- from the dictator
*Chad can no longer wear a uniform
*Chad can no longer write reports
*Chad can't handle any calls (he was helping out since Hemet was part of the "county draw down" sniff ordered in the county areas to make a point to the county supervisors and put the Hemet residents and deputies in dangerous situations-sniff doesnt care)
*Can't back up calls for service for any deputies regardless of the seriousness of the call. (remember he was spoken to for going to an officer down call) now he has been ORDERED not to help any deputies out. Unbelievable!!!!
If this doesnt send a message that this dictator cares nothing about his department or the people they serve, then I dont know what does. Him getting reelected is the only thing that matters. I am shaking typing this, I can't believe this stuff can go on in this county, in this country!! Get him out of office!
Chad Bianco for Sheriff 2018!!!"
I don't do Facebook, but perhaps someone should advise her to write this word for word in a letter to the Press Enterprise.

Re the "draw down" referenced, I recall reading in that paper a few months back that Sniff stated if he didn't receive the money he was asking for, he would be forced to reduce the deputy coverage in the unincorporated areas. Well, for those who don't know, there is only one deputy per shift in those areas already, so reducing that means no coverage. I obtained this info from a dept. sgt. during one of my organized Neighborhood Watch meetings almost 10yrs. ago.

So when we actually have a deputy in the county area that means he covers from the Lake Skinner area to the city borders of Menifee and Wildomar. That is a very large area and that is a long response time unless they just happen to be around the corner when the call comes out. In 15yrs. in patrol, that occurred only once to me.

MURRIETA45, perhaps you can be that person that advises her.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-13-2017, 12:23 PM
MURRIETA45's Avatar
MURRIETA45 MURRIETA45 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 394
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired View Post

MURRIETA45, perhaps you can be that person that advises her.

Great suggestion. I'll mention it to her.

Murrieta45
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-01-2017, 2:30 PM
Redneck Geek's Avatar
Redneck Geek Redneck Geek is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: PRC
Posts: 764
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MURRIETA45 View Post
Posted on Denise Bianco's facebook page:

"New rules for the Sheriff's candidate Lt. Chad Bianco- from the dictator
*Chad can no longer wear a uniform
*Chad can no longer write reports
*Chad can't handle any calls (he was helping out since Hemet was part of the "county draw down" sniff ordered in the county areas to make a point to the county supervisors and put the Hemet residents and deputies in dangerous situations-sniff doesnt care)
*Can't back up calls for service for any deputies regardless of the seriousness of the call. (remember he was spoken to for going to an officer down call) now he has been ORDERED not to help any deputies out. Unbelievable!!!!
If this doesnt send a message that this dictator cares nothing about his department or the people they serve, then I dont know what does. Him getting reelected is the only thing that matters. I am shaking typing this, I can't believe this stuff can go on in this county, in this country!! Get him out of office!
Chad Bianco for Sheriff 2018!!!"
Just. Wow.

Yeah we need to get out the vote here everyone!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-14-2017, 8:04 PM
Darryl Licht's Avatar
Darryl Licht Darryl Licht is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Somewhere in the Inland Empire between the mountains, the desert, and the beach
Posts: 2,558
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired View Post
I voted for him the last time and would do so again. That said and not to be a naysayer, running against an incumbent and winning is very difficult. I speak with some knowledge on this subject having seen it done with my former dept. A Capt. and a sgt. ran against Baca at one point. After their loss, I heard, and I know that is hearsay, they were both told that was the end of any advancement in their career. True or not, I can't imagine that a sitting Sheriff would be too pleased having a subordinate running against him. Ironically, Baca ran against Block, an incumbent and won.

Also, what is common and actually occurred with Sniff, is the incumbent Sheriff will resign prior to his end of term and request the BOS appt. his personal choice (usually the Undersheriff) to the post. That way, when he runs for election (not reelection Sheriff Sniff), he is the incumbent. If Sniff plans on retiring, he will probably follow what is a tradition on some departments.

I hope Lt. Bianco wins this time. If he does, I foresee ccw permits being issued on a much grander scale. I fortunately have mine from my former dept. and I would like to see those who want it and qualify, join me in having one and not at an exorbitant price. I just read something in the paper in the last week or so that said it cost $900! If that is true, that is asinine. A person should not have to pay that much for one and I find it hard to believe the expenses are such to justify it. The article was about how the Chief of Beaumont PD was going to begin issuing them because of the huge backlog with the County. Banning's Chief stated he was looking to see how that went to decide if he would follow. So there is some hope for the citizens of those cities.
How the heck are you Retired? I hope life is well!

I agree 110% with your assessment of both the incumbent vs subordinate race, and backing Chad Bianco for his CCW and 2A standpoint.

Hopefully CGN will not follow the NRA's recommendation of Sniff as they did in last election. More importantly the NRA needs to switch their backing of Sniff for the more favorable 2A and CCW friendly attitudes of Lt. Bianco!

I will again support and volunteer for Bianco, and so should anyone interested in either a Riv. county CCW, or our 2A rights here in Riverside County!!!

WE NEED A NEW SHERIFF IN TOWN!!!
__________________
Quote:
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one.
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies. --Groucho Marx
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 2:29 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.