Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > Ventura Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2017, 2:46 PM

Default 1k+ ranges

I was looking for any 1,000+ meter ranges around here. I live in Goleta and I cannot seem to find very many. I know of Piru, which seems to be under new management as the website is now: https://californiatacticalacademy.com/ Has anyone been there recently? If so, the 1k yard range looks pretty basic. I'm wondering how often they re-spray the targets, or if it would be possible to do while there yourself on a ceasefire?
Also, if anyone know's of any other decent ranges. I think there's one up in SLO, but I'm having issues finding it. I basically will have to drive 2 hours to get to one, so I'm just wondering if anyone has any input on the Piru range, or any other ranges that are nice, worth driving to.
Many thanks,
Thomas
Old 10-03-2017, 4:43 PM

Haven't been to Piru in a couple of years but I can tell you that the first 600 yards or so are a lot more accessible than the further gongs. I want to say from 700 yards and on (don't quote me on this, might start at 600) there are just steel targets that go up the side of the mountain. I'm not sure how they get to them, but they do have a couple of quads out there so maybe there's a path up the side of the hill. Either way, the 1000 yard gong is on top of a mountain. Hope this helps.
Old 10-11-2017, 5:50 PM

tri county gun club ,cayama