Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 4:37 PM

Old 12-27-2010, 6:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhawker View Post
Nothing we can discuss publicly at this time, but things are progressing and we expect resolution soon.
Can't wait to hear the news. I'm only going to wait !

Old 01-01-2011, 9:22 PM
Veteran Member

Please forgive me. I am new. I am interested in getting a ccw. Step one?
Old 01-03-2011, 2:23 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erik_26 View Post
Please forgive me. I am new. I am interested in getting a ccw. Step one?
Standby pending resolution of our first steps of legal action against the County and Sheriff's Office.

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 01-04-2011, 2:39 PM

Another Merced county resident here, whats the latest and greatest?
Old 01-04-2011, 5:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curvejunkie View Post
Another Merced county resident here, whats the latest and greatest?
Post #45
Old 01-11-2011, 5:54 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I just emailed the volunteers new instructions for Phase 2; contact me if you did not receive.

-Brandon

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 01-15-2011, 3:19 PM

I've been away from Calguns for a little bit...From Merced county...Glad to hear things are happening here. Would love an update on what's going on and some details. Thanks to everyone for their efforts and hard work.
Old 01-18-2011, 2:00 PM

so i cannot currently apply for my ccw in merced?
Old 01-18-2011, 3:04 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThiZZ View Post
so i cannot currently apply for my ccw in merced?
Merced has removed their illegal "moratorium", according to their county counsel's office. However, they have other unlawful policies which are still in place. We're working on those now.

You can and should attempt to apply, and document your experience as it helps to have as many potential plaintiffs with standing as possible.

Old 01-18-2011, 6:16 PM

Im a Merced County resident.. have had my CCW for a number of years. has the Sheriff reopened it for new apps? I knew it had been closed..
GTOdude
Old 01-19-2011, 10:17 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOdude View Post
Im a Merced County resident.. have had my CCW for a number of years. has the Sheriff reopened it for new apps? I knew it had been closed..
GTOdude
Yes, we were able to get the Sheriff to lift the moratorium after we threatened him and the county with litigation.

Old 01-20-2011, 2:10 PM

Default Merced County

I went in to get my renewal today, and yes, the County is accepting new applications.
GTOdude
Old 01-24-2011, 2:33 PM

Has anyone been told that you have to have a letter from a doctor? I was told that they won't set an appointment date unless you have the "Letter".

www.kentsandhagen.mygofoods.com

Cowboy Fast Draw World Championships
alias, "The Undertaker"
Fastest Shot 2009 .356
Old 01-24-2011, 4:47 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by keneva View Post
Has anyone been told that you have to have a letter from a doctor? I was told that they won't set an appointment date unless you have the "Letter".
Please PM wildhawker this information and await further instructions.
Old 01-24-2011, 8:25 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Peterson View Post
Please PM wildhawker this information and await further instructions.
Yep.

Oh, Merced, you're such a useful beast...

Old 02-07-2011, 9:10 PM

Does anyone know if Merced Co, will approve weapons equipped with laser grips?
Old 02-12-2011, 8:18 PM

I live in Merced as well. Since I am in Merced do I need to apply with PD or the Sheriff's Deptartment? Also what are the fees to apply? Not much info available on the Sheriff's Dept web site.
Old 02-13-2011, 4:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraham7897 View Post
I live in Merced as well. Since I am in Merced do I need to apply with PD or the Sheriff's Deptartment? Also what are the fees to apply? Not much info available on the Sheriff's Dept web site.
Sheriff"s Office,
Current list of requirements can be found here:
http://calgunsfoundation.org/downloa...nts/Merced.pdf
Old 02-13-2011, 5:01 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraham7897 View Post
No, apply directly to the Sheriff. That said, the Sheriff's policy is very much unlawful and we are taking active steps to bring Merced County into compliance.

Old 02-17-2011, 1:14 PM
Veteran Member

I just picked up my application today. Any new news? Anything I should pay extra attention to in the application?
Old 02-18-2011, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erik_26 View Post
I just picked up my application today. Any new news? Anything I should pay extra attention to in the application?
No new news that I am aware of.

If you decide to apply outside the Initiative, you'll want to take notice of the extra application requirements, namely Attachments 4 and 5. Attachment 4 being the Personal Physician's Statement and Attachment 5 being the 4 Personal References; personal references who have known you for 5 years or longer. Also, regarding the requirement for you to "Show proof of registration for each weapon listed on CCW permit," a sales receipt will suffice.

If you do submit an application prior to Merced County coming into compliance with state laws regulating the application for and issuance of CCW licenses, please keep us posted on how the process works out for you.
Old 02-18-2011, 7:08 PM

Lets do a calguns fund raiser at my house. 5 or 10 bucks to be donated to calguns. We can shoot cowboy Fast Draw at my house, Los Banos, $10.00 for 100 rounds, my ammo, and then we can go in the back and shoot some live rounds. BYOBBQ

www.kentsandhagen.mygofoods.com

Cowboy Fast Draw World Championships
alias, "The Undertaker"
Fastest Shot 2009 .356
Old 02-18-2011, 7:12 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I expect the next move to be made early next week.

-BC

Old 02-18-2011, 8:29 PM
Banned

I'm so glad that Mr. Pazin has seen fit to give us such a wonderful opportunity to "work with" him, he's really gone to great lengths to make this a successful venture.

Quote:
I expect the next move to be made early next week.

-BC
Old 02-18-2011, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Lets do a calguns fund raiser at my house. 5 or 10 bucks to be donated to calguns. We can shoot cowboy Fast Draw at my house, Los Banos, $10.00 for 100 rounds, my ammo, and then we can go in the back and shoot some live rounds. BYOBBQ
Sounds like it could be fun, got any tentative dates?
Old 02-19-2011, 3:19 PM

Quote:
I'm in!
Old 02-20-2011, 2:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasemonkey View Post
I'm so glad that Mr. Pazin has seen fit to give us such a wonderful opportunity to "work with" him, he's really gone to great lengths to make this a successful venture.
Small as it may seem, there has been "some" movement from the Sheriff's Office. Since they shut off accepting new CCW applications last year in July or August, they have (1) started accepting new applications again, and (2) they no longer require applicants to provide a certificate of completion from an approved firearms course, along with range scores for each weapon you plan to carry, WITH your initial application, rather than after receiving approval.

Baby steps?
Old 02-20-2011, 5:03 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuzDuky View Post
Small as it may seem, there has been "some" movement from the Sheriff's Office. Since they shut off accepting new CCW applications last year in July or August, they have (1) started accepting new applications again, and (2) they no longer require applicants to provide a certificate of completion from an approved firearms course, along with range scores for each weapon you plan to carry, WITH your initial application, rather than after receiving approval.

Baby steps?
Not good enough, obviously, and the policy severely infringes on applicants' rights (not to mention is very much in violation of state law also).

-BC

Old 02-20-2011, 5:42 PM

Quote:
Not good enough, obviously, and the policy severely infringes on applicants' rights (not to mention is very much in violation of state law also).

-BC
Yes, of course this is not good enough. Just a hunch though --> Given his current position as President of the California State Sheriff's Association, I don't expect Sheriff Pazin to comply with any outside demands or suggestions to change his CCW policy. Quite the opposite. I expect him to dig in and stay fast on keeping "Sheriff's Discretion" with how individual counties issue CCW licenses.
Old 02-20-2011, 5:43 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuzDuky View Post
Yes, of course this is not good enough. Just a hunch though --> Given his current position as President of the California State Sheriff's Association, I don't expect Sheriff Pazin to comply with any outside demands or suggestions to change his CCW policy. Quite the opposite. I expect him to dig in and stay fast on keeping "Sheriff's Discretion" with how individual counties issue CCW licenses.
I hope you're right for all of the reasons you mention...

Old 02-24-2011, 4:31 PM

Default Heel Draggin' Pazin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivraton View Post
wildhawker,
I've noticed some of the counties have released the "Good Cause" statements, any movement in that direction from Pazin?
Quote:
We're getting conflicting information from Merced. TBD.
Has Pazin released the "Good Cause" statements yet?
Old 02-24-2011, 4:52 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Yes, we have the GC statements from all applicants since Jan 1, 2007 (through about mid-2010). Expect them to be published at www.gotcarry.org within

ETA: I should also add that I'm holding these back for strategic reasons, and that we're otherwise very interested in getting these into the public domain.

Last edited by wildhawker; 02-24-2011 at 4:57 PM..
Old 02-24-2011, 4:58 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Just quoting because, well, it rocks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post

I love it when a plan comes together...

Old 03-02-2011, 10:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post

I love it when a plan comes together...

Quote:
Now when is the Sheriffs Association Conference? I'm sure he'll want to stop by and say hi
Old 03-03-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasemonkey View Post
Now when is the Sheriffs Association Conference? I'm sure he'll want to stop by and say hi
April 17-21, 2011 - 117th Annual Conference to be held in San Francisco.
Old 03-09-2011, 9:53 AM

Does anyone know of any physician's in Merced County that have experience with complete the physician's form for the MC CCW packet? Thank you.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Yes, we have the GC statements from all applicants since Jan 1, 2007 (through about mid-2010). Expect them to be published at www.gotcarry.org within

ETA: I should also add that I'm holding these back for strategic reasons, and that we're otherwise very interested in getting these into the public domain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlK Lantern View Post
Does anyone know of any physician's in Merced County that have experience with complete the physician's form for the MC CCW packet? Thank you.
Blk, welcome to Calguns, make sure you sign up for the CalGuns Foundation's contact/volunteer list here: www.calgunsfoundation.org/volunteer/
There's a strategic silence on the process right now as there's a lot of work to be done with Pazin's illegal process, so sign up, hold tight for a bit and CGF will help you get your issues squared away in a way that not only benefits you but the rest of the Merced Co. residents, as well.
Old 03-09-2011, 6:17 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Do not proceed with the physician's form. Please allow me to reach out.
Old 03-10-2011, 9:06 PM

Keep me posted.
Closed Thread