Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALIFORNIA SHOOTING CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS > The Appleseed Project
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Appleseed Project The Revolutionary War Veterans Association

Old 09-06-2016, 3:29 PM

Default With Chabot closing

Are there any discussions with other Bay Area ranges to host Appleseed events?
Old 09-06-2016, 4:17 PM

RRGC would be worth approaching
Old 09-07-2016, 4:11 PM
Veteran Member

Their calendar is booked so solid it might be challenging. Appleseed was running occasional events at Metcalf in San Jose but I think only when there was a 5th weekend to the month so it wasn't already booked.

I would like to run it again sometime with something practical for score/refresher. I might just go to Sacramento - I've met some of the instructors and they have a good crew out there. I'm pretty sure I know the range, too, I go out there sometimes for USPSA and I think they had signs pointing the other way for Appleseed once.
Old 09-14-2016, 12:46 PM
Veteran Member

Right now with both Chabot and USI closed, Richmond is standing room only.. We were busy before, but now it's just crazy..
Old 10-13-2016, 9:44 PM

I was hoping to do Appleseed soon....but now that Chabot closed, I will wait for something to pop up in the Bay Area. Thanks Apppleseed team for supporting this program, I hope you guys can make it work.
Old 10-16-2016, 7:45 PM
Veteran Member

The Sacramento team seems to have their act together, so that might be an option.
Old 10-18-2016, 6:15 PM

There is news coming soon on Bay Area appleseeds, they are in final negotiations now. I will post when its finalized.

In the meantime, Sacramento and Hat Creek and Red Bluff are all within comfortable driving distance and have events this year! I work Sacramento, Hat Creek, and Red Bluff regularly, they are all great ranges and definitely worth driving up to!
Old 02-06-2017, 10:19 AM

So, were these......'negotiations' productive?
Old 02-11-2017, 5:48 PM

I'm sorry to say they were not. All the ranges in the Bay Area are quite impacted now, and it has not proven possible to find a suitable replacement home. I have tried for nearly a year, and while we got close at one range, it did not work out. There are some prospects for the future, but i don't expect anything soon.

Sacramento is the nearest shoot.
Old 07-28-2017, 12:40 AM

I'm an RSO in RRGC. Even if our range OK to host Appleseed, it is still impossible because we only have 11 rifle lanes. Since I have attended Appleseed twice before, it seems to me that the average attendance is about 30 to 40 people.
We are very strict concerning the skills of our customers. We literally will not allow anyone to remain shooting if they miss the target itself. Do that two or three times you will be asked to leave, in regardless whether you shoot too high or too low. Both are dangerous. You can do that in Chabot all day long and the lead will end up on the hill. If you do it in Richmond someone will definitely get hurt or killed because the action range is right behind the berm.
Just imagine you only allow 11 green horns in the class, and we have to shut down the entire rifle range for Appleseed for the entire day. Then within a couple of hours all of them have been kicked out. The range essentially loss a lot of money, while only a few individuals achieve the objectives of completing the class.