Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-20-2018, 7:21 PM
iambic's Avatar
iambic iambic is offline
To be or not to be
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Yolo County, Northern California
Posts: 268
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default WC Beretta 92/96 ultra thin grips

I was looking for plain palm swell without logos, etc. I contacted VZ grips about The WC ultra thins that they make for WC. Confirmed what I've read and heard.

Carry on.
---
Quote:
Our Beretta 92 Palm Swells are the same as the WC Ultra Thins.**

Palm Swells

Kind Regards,
VZ Grips
O850) 422-1911
F850) 216-1911


Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-20-2018, 8:16 PM
skinnyjay skinnyjay is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 75
iTrader: 29 / 100%
Default

Thanks for posting this.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-20-2018, 10:47 PM
MosinVirus's Avatar
MosinVirus MosinVirus is offline
Happily Infected
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 5,090
iTrader: 26 / 100%
Default

But the trigger is lighter and smoother with grips that have a WC logo on them.

And you gain 20% accuracy if there is a WC logo near the gun when it is stored.

That is why I use the ones with the logo.

But seriously, the pattern looks slightly different. Profile is identical.





Even the ultra thin didn't help me reach the trigger in DA much better. So I modified my frame to Vertec profile and ended up modifying those grips to Vertec as well. In Vertec configuration the gun fits me better and is easier to shoot.

Bottom line is those are awesome grips. Much better that the factory standard.

__________________
Hobbies: bla, bla, bla... Bought a Mosin Nagant... Guns, Guns, Guns...

Last edited by MosinVirus; 07-20-2018 at 11:06 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-20-2018, 10:49 PM
CinnamonBear723 CinnamonBear723 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Orange County
Posts: 1,785
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

I just bought the WC beretta. It's a pretty sweet gun. I was looking into getting the thinner grips as well.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-21-2018, 7:23 AM
iambic's Avatar
iambic iambic is offline
To be or not to be
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Yolo County, Northern California
Posts: 268
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MosinVirus View Post
But the trigger is lighter and smoother with grips that have a WC logo on them.

And you gain 20% accuracy if there is a WC logo near the gun when it is stored.
Can't expect anything less. Those are WC tuned grips after all.

Quote:
Even the ultra thin didn't help me reach the trigger in DA much better. So I modified my frame to Vertec profile and ended up modifying those grips to Vertec as well. In Vertec configuration the gun fits me better and is easier to shoot.
I watched your video. Damn impressive. Very well done.

Did you try the WC short reach trigger?



Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Last edited by iambic; 07-21-2018 at 7:34 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-21-2018, 7:47 AM
MosinVirus's Avatar
MosinVirus MosinVirus is offline
Happily Infected
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 5,090
iTrader: 26 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambic View Post
Did you try the WC short reach trigger?
Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
Not with the vertec, but I did when the grip profile was still factory fs.

With the short reach I got to it better in DA but the end of the trigger pull got set so far back that it became uncomfortable.
__________________
Hobbies: bla, bla, bla... Bought a Mosin Nagant... Guns, Guns, Guns...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-21-2018, 9:07 AM
iambic's Avatar
iambic iambic is offline
To be or not to be
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Yolo County, Northern California
Posts: 268
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MosinVirus View Post
Not with the vertec, but I did when the grip profile was still factory fs.

With the short reach I got to it better in DA but the end of the trigger pull got set so far back that it became uncomfortable.
It's my first and only Beretta. Longest trigger travel of all my pistols. Longer than any of my 1911s, CZs and Glocks. Also I noticed a click at DA travel shortly after take up when hammer goes into "halfcock" position. Is this normal?

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-21-2018, 10:04 AM
MosinVirus's Avatar
MosinVirus MosinVirus is offline
Happily Infected
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 5,090
iTrader: 26 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambic View Post
It's my first and only Beretta. Longest trigger travel of all my pistols. Longer than any of my 1911s, CZs and Glocks. Also I noticed a click at DA travel shortly after take up when hammer goes into "halfcock" position. Is this normal?

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
Yes, I think you are feeling the sear snap over the half cock.

I am actually going to make my SAO trigger bar tomorrow (just came up with the design for it). That will convert the gun from DA/SA to SA only.

The trigger travel on the beretta is super long, and not much can be done about it without some serious changes. But it is smooth, one of the smoothest travels.

You should invest in a D mainspring (or hammer spring). It will make the trigger pull a lot more comfortable without sacrificing any reliability.
__________________
Hobbies: bla, bla, bla... Bought a Mosin Nagant... Guns, Guns, Guns...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-21-2018, 11:17 AM
iambic's Avatar
iambic iambic is offline
To be or not to be
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Yolo County, Northern California
Posts: 268
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MosinVirus View Post
I am actually going to make my SAO trigger bar tomorrow (just came up with the design for it). That will convert the gun from DA/SA to SA only.
Nice! I'll keep a lookout for the video. You're on your way to a Beretta 1911.

Quote:
You should invest in a D mainspring (or hammer spring). It will make the trigger pull a lot more comfortable without sacrificing any reliability.
I'll check it out. Thanks a bunch!


Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Last edited by iambic; 07-21-2018 at 11:22 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-22-2018, 8:25 PM
MosinVirus's Avatar
MosinVirus MosinVirus is offline
Happily Infected
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 5,090
iTrader: 26 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambic View Post
Nice! I'll keep a lookout for the video. You're on your way to a Beretta 1911.


I'll check it out. Thanks a bunch!


Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
Video is up. The trigger bar works!!!
__________________
Hobbies: bla, bla, bla... Bought a Mosin Nagant... Guns, Guns, Guns...
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-22-2018, 11:35 PM
iambic's Avatar
iambic iambic is offline
To be or not to be
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Yolo County, Northern California
Posts: 268
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MosinVirus View Post
Video is up. The trigger bar works!!!
Excellent proof of concept! Congratulations!

The safety/decocker on my 92A1 initially felt counterintuitive. When are you going to try and make a conversion to a thumb down safety like CZ and 1911?

Thanks for posting and sharing your work; gives me a better understanding and appreciation of those pistols. Great work.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 2:28 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.