Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlu04 View Post
I sent letters and left messages with Feinstein, Boxer, and Brad Sherman. I know what the response will be, but the effort must be made.

I will urge all my gun owner friends, LE partners, and former MIL members to get involved.

I know how you feel. I just did it too..... like she will listen. But she needs to HEAR FROM EVERYONE!!!
Old 01-01-2013, 3:56 PM

When it comes to the Second Amendment, and even most of the Bill of Rights, I have no representation in Congress. I have zero representation in the Senate, and representation on only a few (minor) issues in the House. Feinswine, Boxer, and "my" Representative voted in favor of the anti-constitutional FISA just last week.

So, I think I shall start proclaiming, "No Legislation without Representation!"
Old 01-01-2013, 6:54 PM

Emailed the Senators and my rep Elton Gallegly. I got a response that he's retiring, and not taking emails. Unsure where I'm supposed to direct my thoughts now.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:10 AM

Default Response from my Congressional Rep

Hey guys, so I emailed my congressional rep, and I actually got a response. Since I live in the East Bay, a democratic stronghold, I sort of expected that he wouldn't change his mind. I'm not sure if he wrote this or if its just an automated response. Here it is below:

January 4, 2013

Dear Wei,

Thank you for contacting me to share your views on gun control.

Despite strong public support for common-sense gun laws, and despite our nation's tragic history of mass shootings, the gun lobby has consistently and successfully thwarted even modest gun safety provisions.

I strongly support efforts to reduce gun violence, and I believe there are many aspects of our nation's gun laws that deserve close scrutiny and updating. For example, Congress should act to close the gun show loophole by requiring criminal background checks on all gun buyers. I also support banning the importation of large capacity ammunition clips, and the requirement of child safety locks or storage containers for all handguns, and tough trigger lock standards. I support efforts to prohibit anyone under the age of 21 from buying a handgun, and I support the regulation of the sale of handguns on the Internet. I have also supported legislation to limit the purchase of handguns to only one per month per person in order to stop interstate gunrunners. These are reasonable steps that we can take to keep deadly weapons out of the hands of those who would misuse them and cause harm to those around them.

We also need to do more to allow law enforcement officers to apprehend dangerous gun criminals, and end loopholes that give criminals and fugitives easy access to guns. Specifically, we should improve gun tracing and ballistics testing systems that aid in the identification of criminals; fund smart gun technologies which prevent guns from being used by criminals and children; and close a number of dangerous loopholes that hinder the enforcement of gun laws.

Unfortunately, powerful lobbyists continue to prevent any progress from being made in reducing gun violence.

There are some people who believe that all gun control measures violate the Second Amendment to the Constitution. This belief is not consistent with constitutional law. The United States Supreme Court in 1980 held in Lewis v. United States that "legislative restrictions on the use of firearms do not trench upon any constitutionally protected liberties." The federal government may regulate the ownership of firearms, and such regulation is vital to curbing violence.

It is a sad fact of reality that we will never be able to prevent every instance of gun violence. This reality, however, does not make our efforts irrelevant. Instead, it makes our efforts even more vital. I believe that with passage of legislation to provide comprehensive enhancement of existing gun laws and of other sensible and meaningful provisions, we could reduce gun violence in this country and help keep firearms out of the hands of children and criminals.

I am hopeful that in the coming months our nation can have serious reflection about how we can reduce the flow of guns into the wrong hands. One mass shooting after another in America is followed by sincere and painful mourning but no real action to protect the innocent. We must come together as a nation to honestly discuss how to prevent people intent on carrying out these savage attacks from so easily obtaining guns and ammunition.

The nation is ready for this conversation. More importantly, though, the safety of children and all Americans demands we have it. I appreciate knowing of your views on this very important issue.

Sincerely,

GEORGE MILLER
Member of Congress
Old 01-04-2013, 10:13 AM

Heh. When the fillibuster reform passes the senate and the senate becomes Obama's rubber stamp then he can have all the fun he wants. Im off to Germany today, hopefully our freedoms are still intact when i get back.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:31 AM
Veteran Member

seems to have been written by someone eagerly watching MSNBC for tips
Old 01-04-2013, 10:35 AM

Not a damn word about mental health.
Old 01-04-2013, 5:10 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Why do these people keep using "the gun lobby"? The NRA is US. It is an organization of hundreds of thousands of INDIVIDUAL GUN OWNERS. It is not a trade organization.

They are deflecting attention from "I don't agree with YOU. I don't think that YOU are right."

I am really starting to get the feeling that we need to hit the reset button for the US.

"Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.
I like my guns like the left likes their voters-"undocumented".
Old 01-04-2013, 5:48 PM

You might note that there is not a word about "assault weapons" there either. Maybe he knows that they are not the problem... Not great, but interesting that it wasn't mentioned when everything else was.
Old 01-04-2013, 5:51 PM
I need a LIFE!!

That looks suspiciously like a Difi response letter.

He basically told you to shove off.

NRA Benefactor Member
NRA Golden Eagle
SAF Life Member
CGN Contributor
Old 01-04-2013, 6:02 PM

I love how they think you can just buy a gun over the internet and have it shipped to your house. And dont you have to be 21 to buy a handgun already?
Old 01-04-2013, 6:06 PM
Veteran Member

I love how he quoted a pre-Heller SCOTUS ruling - BEFORE it was established that we have a fundamental enumerated right.

He's always been a complete POS - I grew up in his district and my family ran his yard sign campaigns #yesimshamed
Old 01-04-2013, 6:12 PM

What are the loopholes that allow fugitives and children easy access to guns? I might need to use them someday.
Old 01-04-2013, 6:22 PM

How ignorant is this guy. It's already unlawful to sell handguns to persons under 21. So much wheel spinning just to look like they're doing something.
They are so quick to restrict our rights while allowing the criminals a pass on many gun related violations and early releases to unsupervised parole. WTF? over.

http://www.nctimes.com/news/world/gu...12feefa0a.html

Interesting article. The Swiss, with very high per capita gun ownership nation. They also have gun registration and mental health monitoring, yet the crazies still get guns. Too bad he was only wounded.
You never rise to the occassion, you only sink to your lowest level of training" Unknown.
Old 01-04-2013, 6:27 PM

It's a shame that our reps don't even know the laws that are already in place.
Old 01-04-2013, 6:41 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

George Miller, ANOTHER part of California's problem. I mean, along with sheep who keep him in office of course.
Old 01-04-2013, 6:43 PM

perhaps you should respond back and point how untrustworthy he is due to having his head buried in a dark smelly place?
Old 01-04-2013, 6:51 PM

Sounds as generic as possible to send to the widest variety of constituents. DiFi letters basically paraphrase like this "Guns are ban and should be illegal. If you don't agree screw off my seat is safe"
Old 01-04-2013, 7:02 PM

Response i expected from Mike Thompson. I didnt inquire about the sandy hook massacre as his response starts out. My letter was titled support 2A rights.

Dear Mr.

Thank you for contacting me regarding the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. There have been far too many tragic shootings this year and this particular senseless act of violence took the lives of innocent, young children and staff who believed they were safe at school.

As a father and grandfather, I am deeply shocked and saddened. The students, teachers, and the families of those killed in this tragedy are in my thoughts and prayers. As your representative in Congress, I am committed to doing more to prevent tragedies like these and have recently been named to lead a congressional task force on reducing and preventing gun violence.

I am a gun owner, hunter, former co-chair of the Congressional Sportsmen's Caucus, supporter of the Second Amendment and a combat veteran who carried an assault rifle in Vietnam. I believe law-abiding, mentally-stable Americans have the right to own legitimate firearms for legitimate purposes.

I understand guns, their purpose and how they are used. I understand that we have an obligation to make sure guns are used responsibly. I understand that there are some people who should not have access to firearms. And I believe that military-type assault weapons and assault magazines like the ones I carried in Vietnam have no place on our streets or in our communities. They serve no hunting purpose, they aid criminals, and they too often are a tool for mass shootings. Whether it's a classroom in Newtown, a movie theater in Aurora, or a shopping mall in Oregon, our nation has mourned far too many of these tragedies.

There is no set of laws that will end these horrific tragedies and senseless acts of violence, but that cannot be an excuse to do nothing. It is time to act. And we need a comprehensive approach that goes beyond just arming more people with more guns to make this happen. Congress must reinstate the ban on military-type assault weapons and assault magazines, improve our background check system to ensure that anyone who buys a firearm is a law-abiding, mentally stable individual, and figure out how to close the holes in our mental health system and make sure care is available for those that need it.

As chair of this congressional gun violence task force, I will be working on these issues as part of a comprehensive approach to reduce gun violence and strengthen our nation's gun laws. I will be working with my colleagues on both sides of the aisle, mental health experts, gun rights advocacy groups, gun safety advocacy groups, school and education leaders, entertainment industry leaders, law enforcement officials and others to discuss a comprehensive approach to combating the prevalence of gun violence in our communities. All issues must be on the table and everyone must be at the table.

Together we can give our time, our hearts and our very best efforts to do everything possible to make sure this kind violence is no longer visited on our children and our nation.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Please continue to contact me on all issues of importance to you and to our district.

Sincerely,

MIKE THOMPSON
Member of Congress
http://www.mikethompson.house.gov

You cannot reply to this email. If you would like to email me, please visit
http://mikethompson.house.gov/contact/email.shtml

Buy more ammo and be ready when the impending zombie hoards attack!
Old 01-04-2013, 7:04 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post
Sounds as generic as possible to send to the widest variety of constituents. DiFi letters basically paraphrase like this "Guns are ban and should be illegal. If you don't agree screw off my seat is safe"
Fits Miller, too.

Used to be the case, when in DC for sessions, that Miller shared a house near DC with other members of Congress. For example one room-mate was Senator Charles Schumer, D-NY ...

Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."

- Marcus Aurelius
Ann Althouse: “Begin with the hypothesis that what they did is what they wanted to do. If they postured that they wanted to do something else, regard that as a con. Work from there. The world will make much more sense.”

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 01-04-2013, 7:07 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
Fits Miller, too.

Used to be the case, when in DC for sessions, that Miller shared a house near DC with other members of Congress. For example one room-mate was Senator Charles Schumer, D-NY ...
That explains much!

NRA Benefactor Member
NRA Golden Eagle
SAF Life Member
CGN Contributor
Old 01-04-2013, 7:18 PM
Veteran Member

Wow, you wanted to show your support for pro-gun politics and got counted as one of the anti-gun supporters lol.

NRA Member
SAF Member

Quote:
A tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny.
Old 01-04-2013, 7:25 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
The United States Supreme Court in 1980 held in Lewis v. United States that "legislative restrictions on the use of firearms do not trench upon any constitutionally protected liberties." The federal government may regulate the ownership of firearms, and such regulation is vital to curbing vi
Those two don't even belong in the same sentence together.

"I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"- Patrick Henry.

Our Founders Views Regarding the 2nd Amendment - Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Old 01-04-2013, 8:23 PM

I got the same bullcrap when I wrote to Frankenstein"s office. It's all out war of words and soon to be actions by the anti"s. I"m trying to enlist more support for the Pro-Gun movement by giving true and factual information instead of giving feel good measures.
Old 01-04-2013, 8:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownfeathermedic View Post
I got the same bullcrap when I wrote to Frankenstein"s office. It's all out war of words and soon to be actions by the anti"s. I"m trying to enlist more support for the Pro-Gun movement by giving true and factual information instead of giving feel good measures.
Feinstein is the one writing the Federal AWB bill...
Old 01-04-2013, 8:38 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wherryj View Post
Why do these people keep using "the gun lobby"? The NRA is US. It is an organization of hundreds of thousands of INDIVIDUAL GUN OWNERS. It is not a trade organization.
Yes. And hundered thousand should be changed to several million.
Old 01-04-2013, 9:03 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mottmcfly View Post
Not a damn word about mental health.
Nope, don't want to address the problem, which is psychopaths, they merely want to outlaw self-defense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose_electron View Post
PE card? LOL! Any green kid out of engineering school can get that with a few years of experience.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:25 PM
Administrator

Oh, lord, I missed this the first time.

Quote:
here are some people who believe that all gun control measures violate the Second Amendment to the Constitution. This belief is not consistent with constitutional law. The United States Supreme Court in 1980 held in Lewis v. United States that "legislative restrictions on the use of firearms do not trench upon any constitutionally protected liberties." The federal government may regulate the ownership of firearms, and such regulation is vital to curbing violence.
He's actually bringing up Lewis? The fools never provide the context for that quote, so I will address that failing:

http://www.constitution.org/ussc/445-055a.htm

LEWIS v. UNITED STATES, 445 U.S. 55 (1980)

George Calvin Lewis was convicted of being a prior felon who received a firearm.

Quote:
The firearm regulatory scheme at issue here is consonant with the concept of equal protection embodied in the Due Process Clause of the Fifth Amendment if there is "some `rational basis' for the statutory distinctions made . . . or . . . they `have some relevance to the purpose for which the classification is made.'" Marshall v. United States, 414 U.S. 417, 422 (1974), quoting from McGinnis v. Royster, 410 U.S. 263, 270 (1973), and Baxstrom v. Herold, 383 U.S. 107, 111 (1966). See Vance v. Bradley, 440 U.S. 93, 97 (1979).[8] [445 U.S. 55, 66]

Section 1202 (a) (1) clearly meets that test. Congress, as its expressed purpose in enacting Title VII reveals, 18 U.S.C. App. 1201, was concerned that the receipt and possession of a firearm by a felon constitutes a threat, among other things, to the continued and effective operation of the Government of the United States. ...

[Footnote 8] These legislative restrictions on the use of firearms are neither based upon constitutionally suspect criteria, nor do they trench upon any constitutionally protected liberties. See United States v. Miller, 307 U.S. 174, 178 (1939) (the Second Amendment guarantees no right to keep and bear a firearm that does not have "some reasonable relationship to [445 U.S. 55, 66] the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia"); United States v. Three Winchester 30-30 Caliber Lever Action Carbines, 504 F.2d 1288, 1290, n. 5 (CA7 1974); United States v. Johnson, 497 F.2d 548 (CA4 1974); Cody v. United States, 460 F.2d 34 (CA8), cert. denied, 409 U.S. 1010 (1972) (the latter three cases holding, respectively, that 1202 (a) (1), 922 (g), and 922 (a) (6) do not violate the Second Amendment).
It's quite true that felon-in-possession laws have been ruled constitutional. Leaving out the "These" from the footnote, referring back to felon-in-possession laws, is dishonesty of the first water.

I find it telling that the good Congressman seems to classify all of us as felons, ineligible to possess firearms.

Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."

- Marcus Aurelius
Ann Althouse: “Begin with the hypothesis that what they did is what they wanted to do. If they postured that they wanted to do something else, regard that as a con. Work from there. The world will make much more sense.”

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Last edited by Librarian; 01-04-2013 at 10:29 PM..
Old 01-04-2013, 10:27 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime

The subjects are being conditioned to believe we ARE all felons. It's almost working, too.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:49 PM

Seems to be written by a hack aid. This style of writing was an F 40-50 years ago.

- Aut Pax Aut Bellum - Volunteer LDW
Old 01-05-2013, 9:48 AM

I also emailed Nunes, got no response so I called his office. I was greeted by a polite staffer that knew the issues. He informed me Nunes was not supporting the AWB or high cap mag ban and voted against the fiscal cliff deal. Right on Devin ... keeping holding the line brother !
Old 01-05-2013, 11:09 AM
Veteran Member

Angry

Love my canned response from Boxer and Chu

Quote:
United States Senate

Dear Mr. REDACTED:

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your views with me. Your comments will help me continue to represent you and other Californians to the best of my ability. Be assured that I will keep your views in mind as the Senate considers legislation on this or similar issues.

If you would like additional information about my work in the U.S. Senate, I invite you to visit my website, http://boxer.senate.gov. From this site, you can send a message to me about current events or pending legislation, access my statements and press releases, request copies of legislation and government reports, and receive detailed information about the many services that I am privileged to provide for my constituents. You may also wish to visit http://thomas.loc.gov to track current and past federal legislation.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. I appreciate hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Barbara Boxer
United States Senator

Please do not respond to this message. If you would like to comment on legislation, please visit my website and use the correspondence form at https://www.boxer.senate.gov/en/cont...cycomments.cfm.
And Judy Chu's

Quote:
Thank you for taking the time to contact me and give me the benefit of your views. My office has received your letter and I will be in touch. If you need help with a federal agency and are in urgent need of assistance, you may contact my El Monte district office at (626) 448-1271.

The concerns of my constituents are my greatest priority, and you can be certain that I take your thoughts and suggestions with the utmost consideration. I want to be informed on the thoughts and concerns of my constituents on a regular basis, and each message makes a difference. I will do all that I can to ensure that you receive a prompt and substantive reply to your message.

To ensure that you receive my reply, please carefully review your contact information before sending me a message, especially your e-mail address and mailing address. Even with the correct information, sometimes spam or virus filters may prevent you from receiving messages from my office.

If you have not received a response to your message and you believe that some kind of mistake has occurred, do not hesitate to contact my Washington, D.C. office by phone at (202) 225-5464. A member of my staff will be more than happy to assist you and make certain that any potential problems are quickly resolved. However, I also ask that you please be patient, as my office receives hundreds and hundreds of letters every week.

Given the high volume of my constituent's letters, I only have the resources to respond to messages within California's 32nd Congressional district. Despite this, I am committed to ensuring every constituent receives a reply. If you don't know if you reside within my district, you may visit https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml to find the correct Member of Congress that represents your area.

Again, thank you for contacting me. I am always careful to keep the thoughts of my constituents in mind as I work on your behalf in the House of Representatives. I would like to invite you to visit my website at chu.house.gov. Please feel free to subscribe to periodic e-mail updates on issues important to you and your family at chu.house.gov/signup.

I am honored to work on your behalf and all who reside in the 32nd District of California.
Yep...

Subscribe to my YouTube channel ---->http://www.youtube.com/user/2A4USA
Old 01-05-2013, 11:41 AM

Default Response letter from Congressman Ken Calvert

Thank you for contacting me regarding the issue of gun control. I appreciate the opportunity to respond.

On December 14, 2012, Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown came under siege from a lone gunman; 26 people, most of them children, tragically were killed. As a nation, we struggle to comprehend the magnitude of the loss, and the existence of so great an evil. In the aftermath of the shooting, gun control proponents have urged the President and Congress to act to restrict assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. Congresswoman Carolyn McCarthy (NY-4) is leading the effort in the House and has introduced legislation to ban the sale or transfer of magazines holding more than 10 rounds. After introduction on January 3, 2012, the High Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act (H.R. 1378) was referred to the House Judiciary Committee for further action.

I believe that as we engage in a national debate about how to better protect our children, we must not make the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens an easy target. This essential right must be protected to guarantee our safety and our freedom. Sadly there are often no easy answers in stopping the depraved actions of a lone gunman. The National Rifle Association has put forward their own plan to protect students, focusing on armed security, access controls, student and teacher training, and information technology. As discussions continue, rest assured I will keep your views in mind and certainly appreciate your input.

As your Representative in Congress, please be assured that I will continue to be a strong advocate of legislation that preserves our rights guaranteed by the Second Amendment. Once again, thank you for your correspondence. I hope you will continue to contact me regarding issues of importance to you and your family. In the meantime, I encourage you to visit my website at www.calvert.house.gov and sign up for my weekly e-newsletters. For urgent updates on critical issues, follow me on Twitter (@KenCalvert) and check out my Facebook page (Congressman Ken Calvert).

Sincerely,

KEN CALVERT

Member of Congress

Email, mail a letter, expressing a formal sincere concern about your 2nd amendment rights to your local representative, senator, congressman, mayor, etc...

The voice of one will become the voice of many. Public pressure will force legislation.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:37 PM
Calguns Addict

Nice response from the congressman.

A member of The Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club
Old 01-05-2013, 12:41 PM

Sent to my representative (with the expectation of it doing absolutely no good):

It has come to my attention that when recently asked "Do you support re-enacting the Federal assault weapons ban that was in effect from 1994 to 2004?", you and several other CA Representatives answered "Yes".

Why do you think reinstating a law that had a 10-year trial with little to no measurable effect seems like a good idea now? The time and effort associated with such an action will be yet another waste of taxpayers money at a time when your focus as my Representative should be on reducing spending.

Furthermore your support for this action or others that seek to produce similar restrictions are an effort to infringe upon of my Second Amendment rights.

For your easy reference, please see http://www.sas.upenn.edu/jerrylee/re..._final2004.pdf, "An Updated Assessment of the Federal Assault Weapons Ban: Impacts on Gun Markets and Gun Violence, 1994-2003", particularly Section 10.2 entitled "Potential Consequences of Reauthorizing, Modifying, or Lifting the Assault Weapons Ban". It includes the following statement: "Should it be renewed, the ban might reduce gunshot victimizations. This effect is likely to be small at best and possibly too small for reliable measurement."

I look forward to your reply. I hope that it will be received in timely manner and contain a meaningful, reasoned explanation of your position on this matter of importance.

Respectfully,

Last edited by bluzman; 01-05-2013 at 12:45 PM..
Old 01-05-2013, 1:09 PM

I sure wish that's the kind of response I'd get from my congressman...
Old 01-05-2013, 1:13 PM

I email Karen Bass last Dec 31, 2013 and I received this auto-reply email same night and had NOT any respond since then.

On Dec 31, 2012, at 8:38 PM, "Rep. Karen Bass" <113-CA37kb.inbox@mail.house.gov> wrote:

"Thank you for taking the time to write to me. As your Representative, I appreciate hearing your thoughts and welcome the opportunity to respond. I will reply to your correspondence shortly.

To learn more about my position on issues important to the 33rd Congressional District, please visit my website at karenbass.house.gov or sign up for my e-newsletter. "

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 01-05-2013, 1:16 PM

He is a pig!! I lived in Corona/Norco area and one of my friends arrested him for prostitiution, but the police covered it up. From wiki
In 1993, two Corona, California, police officers found Calvert with a woman in his car, his pants unzipped and his penis exposed. When one officer spotlit the interior of the vehicle, Calvert attempted to drive away. The officers instructed him to stop three times before he complied. Calvert told the police that he and the woman, who said she was a convicted prostitute and a heroin user, were "just talking."[27][28] The Press-Enterprise later went to court to force the Corona police to release the police report.[29]
If you are a politician you can break the law, and the higher ups at the police department will make it go away. He is a PIG. Just my dos centavos.
Old 01-05-2013, 1:28 PM

[quote] ...I will continue to be a strong advocate of legislation that preserves our rights guaranteed by the Second Amendment. [quote]

I'm not one of his constituents, but I think the way he worded his reply was somewhat 'weasley'?

IMO, to say he wants to preserve our 2A rights could mean he would accept legislation allowing the right to keep and bear only 5 shot revolvers and nothing else. Or he might genuinely believe in our un-restricted RKBA. I think he should have been much more specific.

Just my opinion.
Old 01-05-2013, 1:45 PM
Veteran Member

My first reading was that it was a non-committal response, but imo, in this political climate nobody would mention the NRA unless they were either pro-gun or mocking the NRA.

He clearly did not mock the NRA, so my current thought is that he's clearly not an anti, but more than that you can't really say. Not enough information....