Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 08-10-2019, 12:33 AM

Default Proof of Residency/Other Questions

Hello,

My father and I are applying for a new CCW permit in Riverside County. I believe that I have a good reason but would like some confirmation if possible. However, they are asking me for two documents that show proof of residency. The problem is, I live with my parents and the gas/water/electric bill is under my mother's name. Can I show proof of residency using my credit card statement from the bank and what other documents can I show?

Also, my city grants CCW through the police department. Is it recommended to apply through the city or is there a higher chance of getting a CCW through the county sheriff? Thank you for your time.

Last edited by rrb009; 08-10-2019 at 12:48 AM..
Old 08-10-2019, 1:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrb009 View Post
Hello,

My father and I are applying for a new CCW permit in Riverside County. I believe that I have a good reason but would like some confirmation if possible. However, they are asking me for two documents that show proof of residency. The problem is, I live with my parents and the gas/water/electric bill is under my mother's name. Can I show proof of residency using my credit card statement from the bank and what other documents can I show?

Also, my city grants CCW through the police department. Is it recommended to apply through the city or is there a higher chance of getting a CCW through the county sheriff? Thank you for your time.
First, don't bother applying with your local agency, RSO is good to go, and their process is streamlined for expediency.

Secondly, a credit card statement or bank statement will be sufficient proof of residence. I used one of each since I rent, and the utilities are not in my name.

www.theshootersblog.com
Old 08-10-2019, 6:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdiddi View Post
Sounds straight forward, thank you!
Make sure you bring your current one with you. They will take that one...take another picture and print you a new one. You will have both pistols on the back on the new one.
Old 08-10-2019, 6:12 AM

Quote:
Hello,

The Cabley Guy is right on. Go through Riverside. There process is completely streamline. Thanks to the New Sheriff Chad Bianco.
Old 08-10-2019, 6:41 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cable Guy View Post
First, don't bother applying with your local agency, RSO is good to go, and their process is streamlined for expediency.

Secondly, a credit card statement or bank statement will be sufficient proof of residence. I used one of each since I rent, and the utilities are not in my name.
Your car registration works also if it shows your current address. Good luck!
Old 08-10-2019, 11:24 AM

Quote:

Thank you for your help. Would you be willing to review my good cause statement?
Old 08-10-2019, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdiddi View Post
Your car registration works also if it shows your current address. Good luck!
Thank you for your help.
Old 08-10-2019, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochoo View Post
The Cabley Guy is right on. Go through Riverside. There process is completely streamline. Thanks to the New Sheriff Chad Bianco.
Thank you for your help.
Old 08-10-2019, 1:24 PM

Quote:
Thank you for your help. Would you be willing to review my good cause statement?
Sure, send me a PM with yours. I overheard some "examples" that one of the investigators was demonstrating to an applicant, and it actually sounded a lot like what I had on mine.

www.theshootersblog.com
Old 08-10-2019, 3:40 PM

I took my CCW class and qualified at Riverside Indoor Shooting Range today. Its a great place to go. Next step is the interview in 3 weeks. The online process has been painless so far.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2019, 3:45 PM

Well looks like I値l officially be a Riverside county resident. Escrow closes end of August. Gonna be notifying OCSD of my move and be applying for Riverside County. Wish me luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2019, 7:06 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

How long do folks wait before adding pistol to permit? Figure the new online process is simple by selecting the "Modify Permit" and adding additional pistol and then qualify.

When adding a new pistol, will I have to submit a qualification sheet just for that pistol or will have to requalify with all on the list?

shuttlecock
Old 08-10-2019, 7:19 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAti0n View Post
Well looks like I値l officially be a Riverside county resident. Escrow closes end of August. Gonna be notifying OCSD of my move and be applying for Riverside County. Wish me luck!

Good luck!
Old 08-11-2019, 9:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny_land View Post
How long do folks wait before adding pistol to permit? Figure the new online process is simple by selecting the "Modify Permit" and adding additional pistol and then qualify.

When adding a new pistol, will I have to submit a qualification sheet just for that pistol or will have to requalify with all on the list?
Only took a week for me.
Old 08-11-2019, 6:46 PM

Hey guys, I知 applying for a new CCW in Riverside county and they are asking me to submit 3 reference letter. I am aware that the ones writing the letters cannot be family members. However, I was wondering what type of information should included in the letter besides the fact that they should state that they are aware that I am applying for a CCW? Is it just basics like how I am or what? Also, is there any examples that can be sent to me if possible or provided? Thank you all.
Old 08-11-2019, 8:44 PM

If you're doing the online application, the 3 letters are no longer required as of May 31st.
I applied June 27, interviewed on July 11, livescan July 14, qualified July 20. Just waiting on the pickup email now.
Old 08-11-2019, 8:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcosis View Post
If you're doing the online application, the 3 letters are no longer required as of May 31st.
I applied June 27, interviewed on July 11, livescan July 14, qualified July 20. Just waiting on the pickup email now.
Wow, that is really helpful. Thank you for the information. Is that also the same if you are applying through your city's police? My father is applying through the Murrieta Police Station but it is also online.
Old 08-11-2019, 9:47 PM

Quote:
6 years and this is your first post. Nice.

Should be any day now, you'll probably get a call this week.

www.theshootersblog.com
Old 08-12-2019, 4:54 AM

Quote:
Wow, that is really helpful. Thank you for the information. Is that also the same if you are applying through your city's police? My father is applying through the Murrieta Police Station but it is also online.

I heard Murrieta PD is a lot more expensive then Riverside Sheriff and also you have to take a psychological test with Murrieta PD.

Old 08-12-2019, 5:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian.fitch.77 View Post
I heard Murrieta PD is a lot more expensive then Riverside Sheriff and also you have to take a psychological test with Murrieta PD.

Hemet PD is the same over $800 last time I checked.
Old 08-12-2019, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny_land View Post

I modified mine after 2 months of having the permit haha. Once I got my CCW I went shopping for other options. You will need to qualify for the new ones only.
Old 08-12-2019, 1:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian.fitch.77 View Post

Yeah, I am applying through the Sheriff department but my father is applying through the Murrieta police department. Do you know if Murrieta needs three reference letters or not? My father is applying online through myccw.us. For the Sheriff Department, you do not need the three reference letters if you are applying online.
Old 08-12-2019, 2:20 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by demento19 View Post
I modified mine after 2 months of having the permit haha. Once I got my CCW I went shopping for other options. You will need to qualify for the new ones only.
Thank you! Will wait and shop around for a bit.

shuttlecock
Old 08-12-2019, 3:01 PM

Quote:
6 years and this is your first post. Nice.

Should be any day now, you'll probably get a call this week.
Yeah, ive been lurking for a long time. I got really discouraged when Riverside county wait time was 2 years, but checked back on a whim in June and saw everything was streamlined.
Old 08-12-2019, 3:03 PM

Quote:
Sorry, im not familiar with Murrieta's policy.
Old 08-12-2019, 4:05 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I am applying through the Sheriff department but my father is applying through the Murrieta police department. Do you know if Murrieta needs three reference letters or not? My father is applying online through myccw.us. For the Sheriff Department, you do not need the three reference letters if you are applying online.

Sorry I知 not sure What Murrieta needs I went to Riverside Sheriff

Old 08-12-2019, 7:49 PM

Quote:
Hey guys, I知 applying for a new CCW in Riverside county and they are asking me to submit 3 reference letter. I am aware that the ones writing the letters cannot be family members. However, I was wondering what type of information should included in the letter besides the fact that they should state that they are aware that I am applying for a CCW? Is it just basics like how I am or what? Also, is there any examples that can be sent to me if possible or provided? Thank you all.
You no longer need the 3 reference letters for Riverside County. Only the "Good Cause" letter from you.
Old 08-12-2019, 7:51 PM

Quote:
Riverside County is way more streamlined and cheaper as well.
Old 08-13-2019, 9:23 AM

Do you guys recommend to have the course done before you apply?
Old 08-13-2019, 12:49 PM

Yeah, that seems to be the consensus. However, I did mine the following week.

Interview: July 19
Live Scan: July 26
Qualification: July 27
Live Scan Complete: August 2

Currently awaiting my call/email to pick up.
Old 08-13-2019, 5:16 PM

My guess is to upload the Good cause at once as well so everything is there for them as well?
Old 08-13-2019, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Why is he applying through PD? Just go straight to the county. You don't need to go to your local PD before going to RSO.

www.theshootersblog.com
Old 08-14-2019, 12:07 PM

Just got the approval pending final payment. I paid the $120 at the start of the application, final payment is $80. Is the total supposed to be $200? Just curious before i pay it.
Old 08-14-2019, 1:16 PM

Quote:
Just got the approval pending final payment. I paid the $120 at the start of the application, final payment is $80. Is the total supposed to be $200? Just curious before i pay it.
Congrats! Just a touch over a month.
Old 08-14-2019, 2:33 PM

Quote:
Why is he applying through PD? Just go straight to the county. You don't need to go to your local PD before going to RSO.
I don't know to be honest. Our good reason is practically the same, although true. I don't know if that will be an issue if we both apply through Riverside County. He said he doesn't want to drive to Riverside and wanted to keep it local.
Old 08-14-2019, 3:36 PM

couple of questions for you guys regarding my good cause statement. I have read somewhere on the forum that you shouldnt use your job as a good cause statement because the sheriffs office will contact your employer to make them aware of your ccw application and ask them if you are allowed to carry at work. i wish to carry to and from work but not on work premises. so i do not wish for my employer to get involved. will my employer be contacted? or should i draw up a different good cause statement?
Old 08-14-2019, 3:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofie View Post
couple of questions for you guys regarding my good cause statement. I have read somewhere on the forum that you shouldnt use your job as a good cause statement because the sheriffs office will contact your employer to make them aware of your ccw application and ask them if you are allowed to carry at work. i wish to carry to and from work but not on work premises. so i do not wish for my employer to get involved. will my employer be contacted? or should i draw up a different good cause statement?
If you use work they will give you a form for your employer to fill out. There is a box that the employer can check saying you cant carry on company Property. Might be best to write a different good cause

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 08-14-2019, 4:05 PM

I'm honestly lost if I cant use my profession as a good cause. Is riverside county strict on good cause statements? or will a generic self defense statement suffice?
Old 08-14-2019, 5:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enrique1ochoa View Post
Do you guys recommend to have the course done before you apply?
At least before your interview...upload it.
Old 08-15-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofie View Post
I'm honestly lost if I cant use my profession as a good cause. Is riverside county strict on good cause statements? or will a generic self defense statement suffice?
self defense is good cause but make sure you expand on it. for example I sited violent crime stats within 3 miles from my home. you can also site violent crime for your city in general, I think Corona had a 9% rise in violent crime.