Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > 2nd Amend. Litigation Updates & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2nd Amend. Litigation Updates & Legal Discussion Discuss California 2A related litigation and legal topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 04-05-2018, 3:43 PM

Default Turners & San Carlos

Happy to see the first steps to litigating a claim.

https://council.olbert.com/files/201...s-redacted.pdf

It would be interesting to see the unredacted version to see how corrupt the city council members were acting.

I know one of the community “actors” in the saga. The person is quite intelligent. But, I would sum up that the person is a highly functioning socio-path. High functioning enough to know it and keep it together. I’m confident this whole activism is because he/she thinks everyone else is the same and can’t keep it together. Classic case of projecting.
Old 04-05-2018, 6:45 PM

Don't care much for Turners but sounds like they got a raw deal. I hope the lawyers can show the city and other cities that this is an expensive way to treat a business.
Old 04-05-2018, 8:48 PM

All the ethics violations noted in the claim could result in further action - both civil and criminal.
Old 04-06-2018, 12:08 PM

I guess that means they aren't going to open up there. Maybe they have another location in the works?
Old 04-11-2018, 8:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear40 View Post
I guess that means they aren't going to open up there. Maybe they have another location in the works?
turners salinas grand opening
Old 04-20-2018, 3:25 PM

Looks like Turners has a good and valid case. Most likely the city will settle in order to avoid a lengthy and costly fight.

Next time pick on a small mom and pop store that doesn't have the money or will for a long legal fight.
Old 04-22-2018, 2:08 PM

An ethics complaint should be submitted to the Fair Political Practices Committee. It appears that multiple Brown Act (Open Meeting) violations occurred. Also, the biased actions by City Council members have consequences. Failure to recuse oneself from a public hearing is a serious issue.
Old 04-22-2018, 3:52 PM

I talked to the Turners guys at their booth at the Cow Palace gun show a couple of weeks ago. They said Turners in San Carlos was not going to happen.

Now, the City of San Carlos may have to pay Turners costs to re locate, but they believed the San Carlos store will not open.
Old 04-22-2018, 5:01 PM
Formerly carlosdanger

I sure hope Turner's wins this one.

The level of anti gun hysteria that can be ginned up is truly astounding.
“It was miraculous. It was almost no trick at all, he saw, to turn vice into virtue and slander into truth, impotence into abstinence, arrogance into humility, plunder into philanthropy, thievery into honor, blasphemy into wisdom, brutality into patriotism, and sadism into justice. Anybody could do it; it required no brains at all. It merely required no character.”

― Joseph Heller, Catch 22
Old 04-22-2018, 6:32 PM

Quote:
In addition to meeting only with groups opposed to the store and strategizing with them in secret against Turner’s, City officials shared emails with these groups received by the City in support of a Turner’s Outdoorsman store in the city (See November 4, 2017 email from Ronald Collins to Alan Gates; November 9, 2017 email from Mark Olbert to John Beiers; November 11, 2017 email from Mark Olbert to Ron Piovesan and Alan Gates), and, on more than one occasion, made jokes or belittled the opinions of those City residents as well as that of a Council member who had previously voiced support for the store. (See November 11, 2017 email from Mark Olbert to Alan Gates; November 14, 2017 email from Ron Collins to bobdog442gmail.com) Disparaging remarks by City Council members about the citizens they represent and a fellow council member who expressed his support for Turner’s, not only shows a basic lack of professionalism by these City officials and violates their code of ethics, but is further evidence of inherent bias throughout the entire process up through the votes on the moratoriums. (See November 15, 2017 email from Mark Olbert to Christopher
Kashap.)
Wow. I see a settlement on the horizon. I hope the 300K was worth it.