Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:21 AM

Default APR 15,16 HEARINGS WE MUST SHOW UP!

April 16th STAND UP !
IF YOU WERE AT THE SACRAMENTO CAPITOL STEPS ON SATURDAY JAN. 19TH ?
THEN YOU NEED TO ATTEND THE ANTI 2A CAPITOL HEARINGS TUESDAY APRIL 16 2013, AND ALSO 4/15/13!

Below is a list of anti 2A bills that are up for hearing,

• one bill AB 760 on Monday 4/15/13. (1:30pm @ State Capitol Room 126)

•12 bills on Tuesday 4/16/13 at (9am Tuesday in the John L Burton Hearing Room #4203)
SB47, SB53, SB108, SB127, SB293, SB299, SB363, SB374, SB396, SB475, SB567, SB755 .

I know most have to work thus no time for such an effort, I'm semi-retired so I have time, but some can help we need to get an effort going.

Legislators may live somewhere else, but they spend a lot of time in Sacramento, they need to know they can't go home or isolate themselves at the Capitol and ignore those whose 2A rights they are attempting to steal or trample on.

We CAN NOT GO DOWN SILENTLY! THEY NEED TO KNOW WE WILL FIGHT THEM EVERY STEP OF THE WAY!

NO MORE TIME FOR FORUM RANTS , MUSTER NOW AT THE CAPITOL ON EITHER DATE (ESPECIALLY 4/16/13). SHOW THAT YOU WILL NOT LAY DOWN WITHOUT PROTEST AS THEY ATTEMPT TO TRAMPLE YOUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS!

Bill Summary
• Assembly Bill 760 - (Dickinson) imposes a sales tax of .05 cents per ammunition component (complete cartridge, bullet or case).

• Senate Bill 47 - (Yee) expands the definition of “Assault Weapons” to BAN the future sale of rifles that have been designed/sold and are equipped to use the “bullet button” or similar device, requires NEW “assault weapon” registration, requires registration of ALL those semi-auto rifles that are currently possessed to retain legal possession in the future, and subjects these firearms to all other “assault weapons” restrictions.
• Senate Bill 53 - (DeLeon) requires persons to buy an annual ammunition purchase permit, requires the registration and thumbprint of the purchaser for each ammunition purchase, and bans online and mail order sales of ammunition to Californians.
• Senate Bill 108 - (Yee) requires mandatory locked storage of firearms within a locked house regardless of whether anyone is present.
• Senate Bill 127 - (Gaines) Firearms: Would require Dept of State Hospitals and psychotherapists to provide reports on persons who would be prohibited from possession or sale of a firearm to Dept of Justice in electronic form within 24 hours.
• Senate Bill 293 - (DeSaulnier) bans the sale of conventional handguns, if the Department of Justice approves the sale of “Owner Authorized – Smart” handgun technology.
• Senate Bill 299 - (DeSaulnier) turns victims of firearm theft into criminals for failing to report the loss of their firearm within 48 hours.
• Senate Bill 363 - (Wright) Mirrors AB500 provision that all firearms in a household with a prohibited person must be secured in a locked container or locking device.
• Senate Bill 374 - (Steinberg) expands the definition of “assault weapons” to BAN the future sale of VIRTUALLY ALL semi-auto rifles (including rimfire cartridges) that accept a detachable magazine, requires NEW “assault weapon” registration, requires registration of ALL those semi-auto rifles that are currently possessed to retain legal possession in the future, and subjects these firearms to all other “assault weapons” restrictions.
• Senate Bill 396 - (Hancock) bans the possession of any magazine with a capacity to accept more than 10 cartridges, including currently legally possessed "grandfathered" large capacity magazines.
• Senate Bill 475 - (Leno) Firearms sales at the Cow Palace. Would require prior approval of the San Mateo County board of supervisors & City & County of San Francisco in order to allow a event (gun show) that sells firearms or ammunition
• Senate Bill 567 - (Jackson) changes the technical definition of a shotgun, which would turn all handguns into short-barrel shotguns that are illegal to own.
• Senate Bill 755 - (Wolk) Firearms prohibited persons. Adds a list of misdemeanors that would trigger the 10 year ban on ownership of firearms or ammunition.

Last edited by walterwhite; 04-08-2013 at 12:13 PM..
Old 04-03-2013, 10:29 AM
Veteran Member

Will we be able to testify before cameras?
Old 04-03-2013, 11:33 AM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin0123 View Post
Not unless someone sets up outside the building. The Committee is not interested in input from the public.

Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."

- Marcus Aurelius
Ann Althouse: “Begin with the hypothesis that what they did is what they wanted to do. If they postured that they wanted to do something else, regard that as a con. Work from there. The world will make much more sense.”

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:37 AM

Shoot, I've got work. If it was on the tail end of the week I'd go and it's too late to get the day off now.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:48 AM

CGSSA Leader Can'thavenuthingood just promised that we will have neck lanyards, to identify ourselves as Calgunners, and a clip where we can clip "NO" on the list of Bills!

I will print placards to attach to lanyard, and have available for those that show up.

Last edited by walterwhite; 04-03-2013 at 11:50 AM..
Old 04-03-2013, 11:54 AM

I attended the Jan 19th Pro 2A Capitol rally, there was about 700-1000 passionate pro 2A gun owners there to represent their willingness to oppose any attempting to tramps our 2A rights.

If we could get half, 300-400 people and crowd that room so it is full and overflowing into the hall way, we can send a strong message of opposition.

Last edited by walterwhite; 04-08-2013 at 12:00 PM..
Old 04-03-2013, 12:08 PM
C3 Leader

Location: Flagstaff, Arizona up the hill at 7,000ft. originally from Minnesota, this ain't snow, its flurries

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin0123 View Post
No need for your best bib and tucker but do dress pretty

Vick

"Nobody ever defended anything successfully, there is only attack and attack and attack some more." (George Patton)

Picnic Time
Old 04-03-2013, 12:13 PM
C3 Leader

Location: Flagstaff, Arizona up the hill at 7,000ft. originally from Minnesota, this ain't snow, its flurries

Quote:
Originally Posted by walterwhite View Post
CGSSA Leader Can'thavenuthingood just promised that we will have neck lanyards, to identify ourselves as Calgunners, and a clip where we can clip "NO" on the list of Bills!

I will print placards to attach to lanyard, and have available for those that show up.
C3 Leader is proper title rather than CGSSA leader, that's the Presidents (Jacob) shingle.

Regarding the lanyards, I'll order some up and send them to you for your Sacramento legislative activities.

Vick

"Nobody ever defended anything successfully, there is only attack and attack and attack some more." (George Patton)

Picnic Time
Old 04-03-2013, 12:17 PM

Let go voice our opinion. We're stronger in numbers!!!
Old 04-03-2013, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpc13 View Post
Let go voice our opinion. We're stronger in numbers!!!
FANTASTIC! THERE WILL BE AT LEAST TWO OF US!

I will post a map with best access to each hearing room.

On Tuesday April 16, I will be there at 8AM with donuts (until they run out), for those that will make the effort to stand for those who can not make it.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
Not unless someone sets up outside the building. The Committee is not interested in input from the public.
For the most part committees in CA have adopted a 2 speakers per side for 2 minutes each approach with all others just stating state your name, hometown, and position. So you would be able to line up and state you oppose, which is not a bad show of force.
"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." Calvin Coolidge
Old 04-03-2013, 12:56 PM

Work schedule isn't out yet, but even if I do work I'll get it covered count me in!
Old 04-03-2013, 12:59 PM
Veteran Member

Default Moderators, please sticky this

Please sticky this at least till April 17th please. I am sure we get people just looking, this is something we want at the top of the 2A section.

Nicki
Old 04-03-2013, 1:09 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

How long will it last or how long do we need to stay for?

Sent 2700 feet per second.
Old 04-03-2013, 1:12 PM
C3 Leader

I just ordered 300 lanyards and badge holders.

Best thing for Identification of fellow Calgunners I think.

Stickers work but these are reusable and larger plus they work well with any attire.

Most all trade shows use them for ID.

walterwhite, send me your address and I'll ship them to you to hand out at the site. You are now the unofficial official legislative people gatherer gun committee guy
(need to work on that title)

Vick

Picnic Time

Last edited by Can'thavenuthingood; 04-03-2013 at 2:37 PM.. Reason: added badge holders
Old 04-03-2013, 1:17 PM
C3 Leader

Quote:
FANTASTIC! THERE WILL BE AT LEAST TWO OF US!

I will post a map with best access to each hearing room.

On Tuesday April 16, I will be there at 8AM with donuts (until they run out), for those that will make the effort to stand for those who can not make it.
Not sure about the donuts but ammo would surely draw a crowd.

Vick

Picnic Time
Old 04-03-2013, 1:23 PM
C3 Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wnick308 View Post

How long it will all last I suspect is up to the Committees. Come out and stay as long as you can then tend to personal business.

This or these events need to be a regular thing with Calguns, be it CGN, CGF or CGSSA matters not, point is we all have the same goal.

Show up when you can, even later if need be to show the Committees another Citizen watching them.

Another thread here started earlier.

Vick

Picnic Time

Last edited by Can'thavenuthingood; 04-03-2013 at 1:39 PM..
Old 04-03-2013, 1:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreppin916 View Post
Work schedule isn't out yet, but even if I do work I'll get it covered count me in!

GREAT NOW WE ARE THREE !

Let's see if we can get two ZEROs behind the 3, and flood the halls.
Old 04-03-2013, 2:10 PM

Quote:

Are these high-capacity clips?
Old 04-03-2013, 2:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wnick308 View Post

The most important day is Tuesday the 16th.
There will probably be a morning session and and afternoon session.

The best time would be morning , it will have the most impact.
Old 04-03-2013, 2:21 PM
C3 Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBest View Post
Are these high-capacity clips?
No, singles only for now, mustn't spook the politicians.

Vick

Picnic Time
Old 04-03-2013, 2:33 PM
C3 Leader

Lanyard will be black.
Badge Holder is clear.
Bulldog clips for attaching.

3/8" Flat Cotton Wholesale Lanyards With Badge Clip (36" Length)

Clear Vinyl Horizontal Top Loading ID Badge Holder with Notched Slot Punch (Max Insert 4 1/8" x 3 1/8")

So I'm thinking a cutout of the CGN or CGSSA in large letters on one side and you could put a huge 'NO AB**' on the other.
Or a picture of your favorite firearm/cartridge.

Vick

Picnic Time
Old 04-03-2013, 2:35 PM
C3 Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazyme View Post
Walter, thank you for putting this together. I am stuck in the office at the moment and cant go myself but I love the enthusiasm and effort being put towards this issue.

Good luck!
Hey Tim, been wondering where you been?

Stuck in a cube?

Call me when you get a chance.

Vick

Picnic Time
Old 04-03-2013, 2:39 PM
Veteran Member

Default Moderators, please sticky this.

Please sticky this at least to Apr 17, we want to keep this at the top of the our 2A forum.

Nicki
Old 04-03-2013, 2:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazyme View Post
Walter, thank you for putting this together. I am stuck in the office at the moment and cant go myself but I love the enthusiasm and effort being put towards this issue.

Good luck!
NO PROBLEM, it is understand that Gun Owners and those of us who appreciate our Constitutional rights are the average working guy, we are busy. There is a reason they don't have these hearings on the weekend.

However those who can not attend and want to help, please PM me, there are tasks that can be done in preparation.

If anyone has graphic art skills, and willing to to help please PM me.
Old 04-03-2013, 2:46 PM

Wish I could go and help but I got midterms on those days... Go show them BS lawsnakers who we are for me!
Old 04-03-2013, 3:57 PM

WHO WILL BE NUMBER FOUR, and FIVE, SIX, ETC?

The List so far of Calgunners representing all Californians for their gun and 2A rights, at the anti constitutional gun grabber hearings!

foreppin916
tpc13
walterwhite
Old 04-03-2013, 4:20 PM

So what can we do at these hearings? I've never been to one but I am trying to schedule work to be able to be there.
Old 04-03-2013, 4:25 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
neither are the legislators.

unable to attend due to military duties. but I have been slamming their email box via Firearmspolicy.org website.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 04-03-2013, 5:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spylon View Post
So what can we do at these hearings? I've never been to one but I am trying to schedule work to be able to be there.
This is kind of a first, so that isn't clear. Unless we get some overt legislator support for public input - and I believe that would require a vote of the committee, which, like all committees this session, is chaired and numerically dominated by Ds - there will be no time allocated to the public in the Committee consideration of the bills. Maybe a minute each for Ed Worley (NRA), Sam Paredes (GOC) and Tom Pederson (CRPA).

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
neither are the legislators.
The Senate Public Safety Committee is made up of Senators, each of whom is occupying a position that has a job description equating to 'legislator'.

Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."

- Marcus Aurelius
Ann Althouse: “Begin with the hypothesis that what they did is what they wanted to do. If they postured that they wanted to do something else, regard that as a con. Work from there. The world will make much more sense.”

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 04-03-2013, 6:18 PM

Quote:
My previous employment, I represented our company/business which belonged to a local business association in an industry that is heavily regulated. As a group these local business people would attend these hearing if regulation was trying to pass that we did NOT support. At one point usually near the end there is a segment allotted to public comment. Usually one of our group would stand and make a brief statement that he/she was opposed to this legislation, and introduce the group, who would stand and be recognized as opposed. We each would stand, state our name the business we represented, say opposed to whatever the regulation, and sit back down.

The primary point is that people go on record as to how they stand regarding a particular bill that is trying to make it to the assy or senate for vote.

If no one attends then it appears that no one is in opposition. In other states right now who are fighting for the first time what we have been fighting for 20 years, they are doing exactly the same. In Calif. we think what is the point, the liberals control everything. So many remain silent, silence only encourages them to do more. WE CAN NOT BE SILENT, WE CANNOT ALLOW THEM TO TRAMPLE THE CONSTITUTION WITHOUT A PEEP FROM US.

We are at the beginning of a long fight, this is Lexington & Concord at beginning of the Revolutionary war. We are the minutemen showing up against the highly organized, outnumbering us enemy. Ultimately to win we have to change what happens in elections to come. These legislators fear no one or nothing because they think they will not lose their seats. We need to rally then keep moving to remove these officials in the elections to come. We don't have to remove them all just a a few to start. The 2nd amendment and our constitutional rights is very important to not just conservatives, large segments of moderates and even liberals, treasure their constitutional rights and understand that losing their 2A rights makes it easier for all our constitution rights to be trampled on by legislators.

So join the fight NOW, standup, there is no more time to simply rant on forums. Our fight is not just for rights today, but for children and grandchildren in the future. It is our duty to protect what so many others have protected with their lives.

Last edited by walterwhite; 04-03-2013 at 6:34 PM..
Old 04-03-2013, 6:33 PM

IF YOU WANT TO ATTEND AND CAN NOT, YOU CAN HELP!

The below link will allow you to write one letter per each of the bills that will be in hearings on 4/15 & 4/16. When you complete your letter, and hit send, a copy will go to each legislator. You will receive confirmation that your letter was received by each office of these legislators.

• bill AB 760 hearing Monday 4/15/13.
•12 bills hearing Tuesday 4/16/13, SB47, SB53, SB108, SB127, SB293, SB299, SB363, SB374, SB396, SB475, SB567, SB755 .

Please be professional, address your legislator correctly, avoid statements that over the top enflaming rhetoric. The bottom line, there has been many social studies conducted on gun control and the effect it has on violence and murder. NOT a single study concludes that more gun regulation will save a single life. That plus our 2A rights are being ignored is sufficient for any legislator to vote NO.

www.firearmspolicy.org

SO, if you can not attend these hearings, please join the email fighters, WRITE NOW!
Old 04-03-2013, 6:36 PM
Veteran Member

I will be taking then day off to attend.
Old 04-03-2013, 6:41 PM

Quote:
Awesome, Spylon wants to be NUMBER FOUR!

I promised donuts, should I order at least a dozen?
Old 04-03-2013, 7:44 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Crap, I'll be in Denver. Give 'em hell guys!
Old 04-03-2013, 8:35 PM

WE ARE FIVE!

The List so far of Calgunners representing all Californians for their gun and 2A rights, at the anti constitutional gun grabber hearings!

foreppin916
mshill
Spylon
tpc13
walterwhite

Remember you can help even if you don't attend, hammer those emails at
firearmspolicy.org
Old 04-03-2013, 8:45 PM
Veteran Member

Listening to the session yesterday they only allowed two witnesses and then it appeared that an unlimited number of supporting witnesses that stated their names and what group they represented. I was thinking I would say something like: "[my name] representing my parents, siblings, children and future descendants and I strenuously oppose the proposed bill."
Old 04-03-2013, 8:57 PM

Quote:
This is kind of a first, so that isn't clear. Unless we get some overt legislator support for public input - and I believe that would require a vote of the committee, which, like all committees this session, is chaired and numerically dominated by Ds - there will be no time allocated to the public in the Committee consideration of the bills. Maybe a minute each for Ed Worley (NRA), Sam Paredes (GOC) and Tom Pederson (CRPA).'.
Edited. Was in error. Assembly rules committee sets powers for the committees. Committee chairs have the power to limit public comment and witnesses. What we used to do is write the committee as soon as the bill was assigned to them and ask for x amount of time for testimony. Paredes has a bit of inside track on these meetings because he's a relative to a former legislator. I was a bit baffled about his ability to show up in committee just a few minutes prior to the hearing, while the rest of us sat through a zillion words on other bills.

Last edited by AyatollahGondola; 04-03-2013 at 9:46 PM..
Old 04-03-2013, 9:06 PM
Calguns Addict

you will be on TV but they only let 2-3 people from the public speak from each side and approx 2 mins each. They then let other people come up to the microphone and state if you are for or against the legislation and what organization (if any) you are representing. The local Brady idiot and Benjamin Van Houten from Legal community against gun violence (or whatever their flavor of the week name is) were there along with about 5 other people who stated their orgs and position for when AB48 and AB162 were in committee. Craig DeLuz of Cal-FFL and Sam Paredes of Gun Owners of California spoke against. A gentleman from the Heritage foundation stated who he was and that he was against the bills.

I like the idea of saying : I am Mag360, I am representing my mother, my father, my brother, my wife, my future kids, my future grand kids, anyone who has ever been a victim of your disarmament policies, women who have been raped, gays who have been bashed and unable to fight back, and I strongly oppose this measure.

Shop at AMAZON to help Calguns Foundation

CRPA Life Member. Click here to Join.

NRA Member JOIN HERE/

Last edited by mag360; 04-03-2013 at 9:09 PM..
Old 04-03-2013, 9:45 PM

What time does this start on 4/16/2013? Might be able to go but will have a youngster will that be ok?