Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Official Events
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Official Events Booths, Gun Show Events and other Official occasions. (Limited Posting)

Old 07-08-2011, 11:32 PM
Calguns Addict

btw Laguna is the during the World Championship Moto GP race...
Old 08-02-2011, 10:14 PM

Should have called me.
FCSA #14533
Old 08-12-2011, 2:21 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30rdMag View Post
Should have called me.
Pm me your # again man...

Laguna went sideways... I started back in 30th (cuz I qualify so well) Got up to 18th or 19th and they red- flagged it on lap 2 and then I got up to around 20th and caught my front brake lever on another racer and crashed... Bad day... They cut the 23 lap race to 10 by the time all this happen... Long lead up to a short race... Finished 28th I think after picking it back up...
Old 09-21-2011, 10:03 AM

At least you weren't the guy crashing in the corkscrew!

Sorry I'm late to the party here. Didn't know there are so many trackday and moto racers on this forum. I just got into shooting as a result of what my buddies like to do once the riding is over. I'm from SoCal so most likely haven't seen/met any of you at trackdays or races.

What are the plans for this coming year? We are in silly season right now....better get the ball rolling ; ) I'd love to see CalGuns at the west coast rounds if you're still planning on racing.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seesm View Post
Pm me your # again man...

Laguna went sideways... I started back in 30th (cuz I qualify so well) Got up to 18th or 19th and they red- flagged it on lap 2 and then I got up to around 20th and caught my front brake lever on another racer and crashed... Bad day... They cut the 23 lap race to 10 by the time all this happen... Long lead up to a short race... Finished 28th I think after picking it back up...
Why not start a new thread for your next race instead of adding to this old thread that has Gpal on it ?
"Look at the tyranny of party -- at what is called party allegiance, party loyalty -- a snare invented by designing men for selfish purposes -- and which turns voters into chattles, slaves, rabbits, and all the while their masters, and they themselves are shouting rubbish about liberty, independence, freedom of opinion, freedom of speech, honestly unconscious of the fantastic contradiction....."

"The Character of Man," Mark Twain's Autobiography
Old 09-25-2011, 3:52 PM
Calguns Addict

I can't start a thread in this area... Just sayin.. I can only reply..
Old 09-26-2011, 9:48 AM

Quote:
I can't start a thread in this area... Just sayin.. I can only reply..
PM a Mod, if anyone can help it would be them.
Keeping this thread alive is like pouring salt on an open wound.
"Look at the tyranny of party -- at what is called party allegiance, party loyalty -- a snare invented by designing men for selfish purposes -- and which turns voters into chattles, slaves, rabbits, and all the while their masters, and they themselves are shouting rubbish about liberty, independence, freedom of opinion, freedom of speech, honestly unconscious of the fantastic contradiction....."

Old 09-29-2011, 8:00 AM
Calguns Addict

Does not seem like that big of a deal... This thread is not about Gpal persay but with whatever you want to say about them.. They were great to me and always did what they said they would.. Not sure of truly what happen behind the scenes but Ben was always up front and straight with me and until he does otherwise I have to take it as I saw it.. I used Gpal and sometimes the funds were late but I always got them.. If a mod wants to give me access to post in this area I will do that.. Its again not that big of a deal.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Does not seem like that big of a deal... This thread is not about Gpal persay but with whatever you want to say about them.. They were great to me and always did what they said they would.. Not sure of truly what happen behind the scenes but Ben was always up front and straight with me and until he does otherwise I have to take it as I saw it.. I used Gpal and sometimes the funds were late but I always got them.. If a mod wants to give me access to post in this area I will do that.. Its again not that big of a deal.
I understand what you are saying but....
A lot of your fellow calgunners got burned out of lots of money.
Some of the money Ben gave you was surely from their pockets, don't you feel the least bit bad about that ?
Just because he's done no wrong by you does not mean he deserves a pass for what he's done to others.
IMO, you were just a pawn for him to further his business.
He was sponsoring you while at the same exact time people were unable to get their money.
You seem proud to have been associated with him and it just boggles the mind.

That's all I'm going to say about this as this isn't a gpal discussion thread.

Old 09-29-2011, 1:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxbro View Post
I understand what you are saying but....
A lot of your fellow calgunners got burned out of lots of money.
Some of the money Ben gave you was surely from their pockets, don't you feel the least bit bad about that ?
Just because he's done no wrong by you does not mean he deserves a pass for what he's done to others.
IMO, you were just a pawn for him to further his business.
He was sponsoring you while at the same exact time people were unable to get their money.
You seem proud to have been associated with him and it just boggles the mind.

That's all I'm going to say about this as this isn't a gpal discussion thread.
Agree. You keeping this thread alive instead of starting one w/o any association to GPAL seems IMO to be in poor taste for all the reasons boxbro quoted. Why not start this in Off Topic as your racing has nothing to do with the rest of the gun forum.

-g
Old 10-01-2011, 1:59 AM
Calguns Addict

Honestly I do NOT think any of the money came from BEN OR any fellow CGers.. YOu guys have no FREAKING clue how and what went on behind the scenes in my race team.. From all I saw NUMEROUS companies jumped on board and had given a little money.. (it was no what you would THINK it would or should have been) I am grateful for all the help from the Cgers that jumped on board as well. Back on the companies that helped us (from Ben making some phone calls yes and Big Cali Dave etc etc) I do not want to mention names of the companies because other race people (bikes cars etc will bombard them with requests to help..) They wanted to be involved with CGN for sure and I truly feel we did GREAT for CGN talking to people about CGN does for our rights in California and how we lead by example etc... The whole Gpal deal and Ben seems REALLY unfortunate and I am sorry for anyone who was hurt by any of THAT. I was proud to run the Calguns.net logo and yes even the Gpal logo at the time. Do I hope I am able to get NEW leathers for 2012? YES I am working on it but even at at a discounted rate it still costs alot.. If any of you have any questions (like some of you did last year) just message me as I am for the most part a OPEN book... It just pisses me off that people think they KNOW THERE MONEY went to me and my racing efforts... I do not think much IF ANY did.. Just sayin. Btw I do not check CGN as much anymore so flame on!! TTYL

P..s I cashed alot of check right before the race at Infineon and I can tell you they were from some CGN sponsors and private people.. The more I think on this I have to LOL as I know where 80% of the money I got came from.. Seriously.. Did any come from anyone one of US? Maybe (I used Gpal as well) And btw some of the sponsors (again other companies not CGN or GPAL who just made it happen) did Goal me the money.. But that came from THEM to ME... NOt much came from Gpal to me.. Seriouslly think on it I don't think anything did.. Funny it's 3am... Night all.
Old 10-01-2011, 2:24 AM
Janitors assistant
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I can start a new thread for you PM me the needs.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:23 AM
C3 Contributor
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanimal View Post
I can start a new thread for you PM me the needs.
+1 on starting a new thread!!!
Old 10-10-2011, 8:59 PM
Calguns Addict

Still can't post new stuff in here yet but I figured this is worth bumping for all the Gun loving bike loving racers / track riders out there... (I know we have alot on CGN cuz I have met ALOT while representing CGN at the AMA races... ) (BTW just saw IVANs post so I will do that soon)

I am working on getting those new race suits we all have been talking about for the 2012Race /Trackday season (REALLY hoping to have Calguns.net on them somewhere)...

It appears I will be riding and racing in Pilot suits through Insurrection Racing... If you know Pilot you know how nice they are...
There are alot of cool companies making suits but Pilot has a key player to help in our area (actually northwest and Norcal) called Insurrection Racing.
I am dealing with Wade and Carrie there at Insurrection and I am pumped...
We have been in the talks on what they will look like and I have a few buddies who plan to buy whatever I am wearing so I truly hope you all will follow SUIT (pun intended) lol

So do yourself a favor and pay them a visit and if your thinking about getting a new suit look at these folks and look no further... Trust me your in good hands!!

Btw they do leather repair and zipper repair... basicall ANYTHING your may be in need of for your racing protective equipment... Message me with any questions!! Thanks guys and gals!!

Insurrection Racing (206) 550-3545 Is there # btw..